• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't decide what skills to keep on Inigo.

Rightful King
Galeforce
Sol
Astra
Swordfaire
Aegis
All Stats +2

Which two of these should I drop?

Galeforce, Swordfaire, Astra, Sol, Rightful King. Give him an A/S support with another Galeforce user and laugh as you dominate. Maybe switch Astra for All Stats +2 if survivability is a concern.

Kyzon

So I can finally reclass my avatar. I was wondering for those that reclassed their avatar. Which one did you choose?

Mah boy went to Grandmaster, hit lvl ten, then I made him a thief, then an Assassin, now he's a swordsmaster before I make him an assassin again

Because that's what the old fire emblers were like (hence the name classic). There was no casual mode released in America before.

I understand that.

What i'm saying is, if you dont want to lose any characters, and reset everytime someone dies, why not just play the new casual and not worry about that crap? The thought is "i dont want to lose any characters" and theres a new setting that says "your characters dont die" why not just pick that one?

zroid

Banned
I think I might make my avy a Dread Fighter in the end. I like the whole tomes+swords thing, and it'll let me get those awesome skills along the way.

Resistance +10 in particular should be handy since that's his flaw, and Quick Slash is just awesome no matter who has it.

I understand that.

What i'm saying is, if you dont want to lose any characters, and reset everytime someone dies, why not just play the new casual and not worry about that crap? The thought is "i dont want to lose any characters" and theres a new setting that says "your characters dont die" why not just pick that one?

People who say this are not seeing the whole picture. Restarting isn't entirely about keeping your characters alive; it's equally about completing each battle without any mistakes. That's part of the fun/challenge.

EDIT: WAIT. Dread Fighters promote to Villager? lolwat. So Aptitude for all males then? not in Awakening, oops

TWILT

Banned
I made my avatar a Mercenary > Hero. He was unstoppable.

Looking into making him into a Dread Fighter when that DLC comes out for my next playthrough. Looks pretty legit.

ohlawd

Am I overestimating the value of all stats+2? Comparing it to swordfaire, you're trading 3 strength for two of every other stat.

yeah but it's not like the other stats that are getting the +2 bonus is doing you any good.

I made my avatar a Mercenary > Hero. He was unstoppable.

Looking into making him into a Dread Fighter when that DLC comes out for my next playthrough. Looks pretty legit.

Pretty damn cool to have a near 100% activation rate for Armsthrift coupled with a super buff forged weapon.

How long are you guys grinding for? I played for 60 hours, beat the game, and I only ever reclassed any of my main party members once. Their second master class was pretty much their ending class.

My final party for the last battle was:

Chrom - Great Knight (former Great Lord)
Iolanthe (MU) - Swordmaster (former Grandmaster)
Gerome - Griffon Rider
Kjelle - General (former Great Knight)
Inigo - Swordmaster
Severa - Wyvern Lord (former Hero)
Owain - Bow Knight (former Assassin)
Cynthia - Falcon Knight (former Dark Flier)
Lucina - Dark Flier (former Great Lord)
Morgan - Grandmaster (former Swordmaster)
Donnel - Hero
Brady - War Monk
Virion - Sniper
Lissa - Valkyrie (former Sage)
Gaius - Trickster (former Assassin)
Tharja - Sorcerer

Overall, I'd say Awakening is probably my favorite of the handheld FEs, but not sure if it beats out Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn yet. Had a lot of fun with the pairings. Will likely eventually play again with a male MU just to see how different it turns out.

Kenai

Bought this game on Amazon. Probably a mistake. I typically HATE games like this. Though maybe it won't be as bad as the Final Fantasy Tactics series.

It's fairly different. I hope you like it.

Have you ever played Shining Force? I'd consider it a harder and more in depth SF (and I like SF) before I'd relate it to FFT.

Pappasman

Just finished the game on Hard-Classic. Probably my 2nd favorite in the series. Its too bad the story was a bit of a let down.

0 deaths, 36 hours game time, 66 hours on the activity log lol.

Now onto FE4...

Killer

Banned
I just played the demo. Fantastic game! I really enjoyed it. Too bad my hands hurt within 20 min of playing it (old 3ds). Thinking of buying xxl but as always Nintendo will announce a new system around E3.

That feel when you're in a chapter and the enemy is down to the last unit. Then out of nowhere, he crits one of your warriors when he would have lost otherwise.

I <3 this game so much though. >_<

First playthrough (Hard/Classic) clocked in at 69 hours.

Pairs:

Chrom x Sumia
Olivia x Donnel (Inigo turned out insane)
Lucina x MU
Lissa x Ricken (this was a mistake)
Maribelle x Vaike
Tharja x Gaius
Henry x Nowi
Stahl x Cherche
Cordelia x Lon'Qu (Severa turned out insane)

I didn't really use Sully, so no kid for her. Didn't recruit Nah and Gerome.

Next play-through, I think I will stick with if you die, you die! No more soft-resetting if a character dies.

Pairs:

Chrom x Sumia
Lucina x MU
Maribelle x Vaike
Tharja x Gaius
Henry x Nowi
Stahl x Cherche

Next play-through, I think I will stick with if you die, you die! No more soft-resetting if a character dies.

I chose my pairings based on personalities, so there was no way I wasn't going to do Donnel + Maribelle, because fuck Maribelle. The rest were a bit more challenging to rationalize.

At that point, it just makes more sense to either play on casual or a lower difficulty. If you're not willing to make any sacrifices at all, then why even leave it as an option?

It changes the way you have to approach the game, but removes the permanent repercussions. I spent a lot of time wondering myself why I was playing on Classic when I was soft resetting the deaths, and came to realize there was still a point to it.

XeroSauce

Second play through on Lunatic, thinking about doing MU/Lucina.

Who's a good grandmom for Morgan? What asset/flaw should I go with?

I'm halfway thru my Hard/Classic Playthrough but i want to try different marriages and stuff... You think i should finish my Playthrough first?

Donnel with Superior Axe combined with Axebreaker and Armsthrift skill (100% avo when enemy using axe as weapon).
So freakin motherholy untouchable around the axe wielder.

Plus Sol, Counter, and Patience skill when fighting another type of enemies.

My gosh.... I just saw a GOD single handedly the final battle!
This series mechanic is so broken!

GeekyDad

Demon-knight scroll, bride bouquet, and Limit Breaker and I think I'll be set.

Curious, though, why Eirika was pictured as a cleric (I think).

DLC Official Video - http://youtu.be/8kTawTYxWlc

i want to buy all of them help

Why not just avoid the ones that don't really give you anything besides a character?

This game has a lot of DLC (With hopefully the others revealed later) and I find it hard to want to spend a lot of money on some of them when the incentive is only a single character that you probably don't need like Ephraim and Elincia, while you can save some cash for other DLC that actually come with something useful like Alm, Eirika, Lyn, and Ike.

Venfayth

I'm actually not interested in the character cards. I'd rather use characters that can get support dialogues. Maybe I'm just crazy though. This is effectively the only Fire Emblem game I've played so I may not have the nostalgic factors others do.

Wiz

I beat the game last weekend, loved it the whole way through.

I'm wondering though, what's the pros of starting a New Game? (Besides the replay value) What exactly gets carried over? Should I just stick to my current file for DLC/Spotpass?

Uthred

So for those who are new to the series is the DLC worth getting or does its value lie primarily in nostalgia? $6 a pack isnt breaking the bank but getting US 3DS Cash cards is a bit of a pain (and a bit more expensive) in Europe

Wilsongt

Pairs:

Chrom x Sumia
Lucina x MU
Maribelle x Vaike
Tharja x Gaius
Henry x Nowi
Stahl x Cherche

RickenxLissa isn't bad. Owain turned out really well for me.

I also did Donny and Olivia. Inigo was murder.

Also, shame on you for not getting Gerome and Mervywervykins.

Mr. Fix

So for those who are new to the series is the DLC worth getting or does its value lie primarily in nostalgia? $6 a pack isnt breaking the bank but getting US 3DS Cash cards is a bit of a pain (and a bit more expensive) in Europe

The first season is mostly retro, but the only substantial ones are:

- Lost Bloodlines 2 for the Dread Fighter class
- Smash Brethren 2 for the Bride class
- Rogues and Redeemers 3 for the Limit Break skill that increases the cap on all classes by 10

Notables but not really necessary:

- Lost Bloodlines 3 for the Iote's for the Paragon skill (x2 exp I think)
- Smash Brethren 3 for Iote's Shield (negates flying unit weaknesses)

- All Rogue and Redeemers maps have maxed out units, so it's nice to have for the end-game. Though it may still be a cake-walk if you maxed out your team.

Game-breaking but nice to have:

- The map pack the contains the Golden Gaffe ($), EXPonential Growth (exp) and Infinite Regalia (legendary weapons).

The 2nd season is what everyone should really set their eyes on, as it has 3 maps that allow for parents, same-sex, and children units to have convos (around 200 new conversations), 4 challenge maps, and a 3-part campaign for the future timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom