• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

Yeah, my sister has her own little online craft store outside Etsy. She is going to work on trying to do something with that official one for me and if it works out I will do a 'proof of concept' to see how it looks. She said she could probably do a small batch of them for 'some buddies of mine' if they were interested and it certainly wouldn't be close to costing what they sell for on Etsy either.

3AQmK.gif

Excited to see the result!

zroid

Banned
-Is this correct: A master seal will allow a unit to choose an advanced class (allowing promotion of a basic class) and a second seal allows a unit to choose a basic class (allowing... uh demotion... of an advanced class)?

It's more like a sideways step. Second Seal on a basic class or Lv.1-9 promoted class will let you switch to another basic class; Second Seal on a Lv.10+ promoted class lets you switch to a promoted class (or a basic class if you want to, I think).

-One of my units (a dark mage) has reached level 20 and it's saying max now. I know if I use a master seal, I promote the unit to an advanced class and the level will reset to 1. Is this essentially a level 21 unit after the class promotion?

Yes. Promoted classes are basically +20 to their level.

-If an advanced class unit reaches level 20, does it reach max? And could I use a master seal/second seal to reset the level back to 1 to allow further leveling up and increase stats?
If so, is there a maximum level a character can reach?

You can reclass infinitely. There's no max level for a unit, per se, but eventually your unit will reach its stat caps and stop gaining stats on level-up. You can keep getting new skills though. (There is a kind of "max internal level" but explaining that will probably just confuse you, so don't worry about it too much.)

Already have mine ordered.

Might as well post this since we're sharing images. From a comic panel in the Knights of Iris art book.

Do you have the book?

Because if you do, mind if you can you tell me if the Knights of Iris book has another sketch of a blue-haired Cordelia?

I saw one of her sketches in the FE wiki and she looks so strikingly similar to Lucina.

Chrom

It's more like a sideways step. Second Seal on a basic class or Lv.1-9 promoted class will let you switch to another basic class; Second Seal on a Lv.10+ promoted class lets you switch to a promoted class (or a basic class if you want to, I think).

Yeah, advanced classes always have access to base classes when reclassing even when they're 10+.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Do you have the book?

Because if you do, mind if you can you tell me if the Knights of Iris book has another sketch of a blue-haired Cordelia?

I saw one of her sketches in the FE wiki and she looks so strikingly similar to Lucina.

There is a sketch of her that looks like Lucina on page 88. Same one as the one on the wiki.

Boney

Banned
Beat chapter 3 yaasy

Just killed Yen'fay with Say'ri seemed appropiate as using Chrom to kill Gangrel, not really sure who I should use against Walhart though.

I honestly might just so that I have another good video game soundtrack to go along with my Skyward Sword and Dead Rising 2 OST.
Say'ri has no special lines against walhart surprisingly

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Haha, I took me a bit to realize I could just dance grind with Olivia to level her up quick. At first, she was a bigger pain than Donnel to get caught up. Since I don't care about getting Galeforce on everyone possible in my first playthrough, I then reclassed her to Myrmidon. Time to see what she's made of.

You people need to use Rescue more often, it's really useful.
Not only is it good for saving and reposition units, it's also one of the only consistent means of leveling up Staff ranks (but boy does it give a lot of exp per use).

Which leads into my question, what do you guys do to increase Staff ranks? In earlier chapters I wouldn't mind spamming Heals on units, even if it meant only healing 1 HP, because it was the only way my Clerics and Sages were ever going to get exp and Staff training. I'm late in the game and most units I have either dodge things outright, take no damage from the attack anyway or will take too much damage for Heal to cover due to having terrible RES (arrrgh Vaike).

Tip: Heal at every opportunity to in order to get your staff rank and unit level up. Someone gets +1 HP in a level up? Heal that 1 HP.
Yup that's what I did early on, but that option's not really open to me now :( Anything else I could try?

Not only is it good for saving and reposition units, it's also one of the only consistent means of leveling up Staff ranks (but boy does it give a lot of exp per use).

Which leads into my question, what do you guys do to increase Staff ranks? In earlier chapters I wouldn't mind spamming Heals on units, even if it meant only healing 1 HP, because it was the only way my Clerics and Sages were ever going to get exp and Staff training. I'm late in the game and most units I have either dodge things outright, take no damage from the attack anyway or will take too much damage for Heal to cover due to having terrible RES (arrrgh Vaike).

Yup that's what I did early on, but that option's not really open to me now :( Anything else I could try?

Well if I'm basically grinding through the base class, I just spam the rescue staff. Hell, using the rescue staff every turn (since it's buyable) is probably the easiest way to level up healers especially when the only source of damage I get is when they gain HP during level ups.

i think physics work pretty well since i think they are d rank staffs? and they give decent staff exp but since your saying that your units dodge a lot anyway i think rescue is the best way to go or that resist staff (i think there is one)

i think physics work pretty well since i think they are d rank staffs? and they give decent staff exp but since your saying that your units dodge a lot anyway i think rescue is the best way to go or that resist staff (i think there is one)

Physics is C. Ward is also C which makes it useless for those freshly reclassed into healers.

Tiki and male MU is pretty awesome that
Mar Mar

Yeah, although it's more like his soul is like
Mar Mar's

They talk in her S rank support as if
the MU will live a normal human life span but
*END SPOILER*
but since the MU has the heart of Grima wouldn't he technically be long lived/immortal like Grima?

Yeah, although it's more like his soul is like
Mar Mar's

They talk in her S rank support as if
the MU will live a normal human life span but
*END SPOILER*
but since the MU has the heart of Grima wouldn't he technically be long lived/immortal like Grima?

I think he would only stay immortal if grima was awakened since from what i understand the MU didnt get any of grima's powers until he was hit with the purple fireball of death and because of that i think he has a normal human life span and could be considered a normal person while grima is sleeping

on another note:
I personally like all the MU's potential choices thought i find sumia's to be the weakest out of all of them

Honestly, I wish I hadn't paired them. The interactions were kind of a let down and I haven't even used Sumia at all since she reached level 10.

i personally liked the sumia and chrom pairing i found them to fit each other pretty well i also liked chrom x sully

man im quoting a lot

The stupidest thing about Chrom x Sumia is how they got together.

"Here Chrom I made a lifetime's supply of pies for you!"
"I love pies! Marry me Sumia!"

Still paired 'em together though, don't like any of the other marriage options for him (don't have a female MU)

Apparently in the Japanese version she made him lunches. I dont really understand why they changed it to pies though :/

Drago

Still paired 'em together though, don't like any of the other marriage options for him (don't have a female MU)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

At least that one was preceded by actual interest by one of the parties (Sumia).

Rarutos

on another note:
I personally like all the MU's potential choices thought i find sumia's to be the weakest out of all of them
Well, what's not to like about being able to marry every playable story character aside from your
son/daughter
? :)

I personally wish that Chrom and Sumia had more choices, myself. I can understand why Chrom is limited, I'm just wondering why they also limited Sumia. :(

I think he would only stay immortal if grima was awakened since from what i understand the MU didnt get any of grima's powers until he was hit with the purple fireball of death and because of that i think he has a normal human life span and could be considered a normal person while grima is sleeping

on another note:

I guess. I think my version is more romantic though so I'm going to keep on believing it! :p

Well, what's not to like about being able to marry every playable story character aside from your
son/daughter
? :)

I personally wish that Chrom and Sumia had more choices, myself. I can understand why Chrom is limited, I'm just wondering why they also limited Sumia. :(

Limiting sumia really killed my enthusiasm to grind the s ranks for possible better
cynthia
since all her other options outside MU was a big fat eeeeehhhh

I guess. I think my version is more romantic though so I'm going to keep on believing it! :p

Honestly i liked yours better too :p

Limiting sumia really killed my enthusiasm to grind the s ranks for possible better
cynthia
since all her other options outside MU was a big fat eeeeehhhh

Well Gaius can pass down Sol/Axebreaker which is unobtainable besides marrying the MU, but Gaius does have more important things to pass down to other children.

Well Gaius can pass down Sol/Axebreaker which is unobtainable besides marrying the MU, but Gaius does have more important things to pass down to other children.

True but sol is outshined by aether and axes dont scare me as much as bows since
cynthia
gets access to pavasive

My Cynthia was absolutely god-tier with Chrom as her dad, just saying.

Dat flying unit with a 49% chance of activating Aether.

Seriously this right here way to op

Cheska

Wait, what's this about a soundtrack?
Is this an import or is Nintendo of America actually doing this?

CdJapan is taking pre-orders. My total came to $65.35 with FedEx Express. You can opt for less expensive shipping but it says it could take up to 8-12 weeks to receive that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom