• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is that option not open exactly?
Well... I guess I should experiment and find out which level of risen are strong enough to nick my units but not do anything drastic. So far I've just been going back to the latest completed chapters for maximum grinding. I've changed Kellam to a War Cleric and Sumia to a Falcon Knight, and the two of them don't exactly have good MAG so the last time I fielded them for healing duty they weren't quite up to snuff :(

Ah... yeah. I noticed my Falcoknights weren't exactly top-op-the-line healing units, either. Nor were my Dark Pegasi good mages. But, at least those guys can get EXP through combat. And you'll probably a bunch of Arms Scrolls anyway.

Gestahl

Well Gaius can pass down Sol/Axebreaker which is unobtainable besides marrying the MU, but Gaius does have more important things to pass down to other children.

Some guy on another forum said it best when he said that all of Sumia's marriage partners besides maybe Frederick have better things to do than be Cynthia's father

Well... I guess I should experiment and find out which level of risen are strong enough to nick my units but not do anything drastic. So far I've just been going back to the latest completed chapters for maximum grinding. I've changed Kellam to a War Cleric and Sumia to a Falcon Knight, and the two of them don't exactly have good MAG so the last time I fielded them for healing duty they weren't quite up to snuff :(

Hmm Honestly i think Kellam is a bad choice for making a cleric in general since his magic isnt that great but yeah i think you will have to either spam rescue staffs or try to fight risen with weaker units and bring your healers there

RIGHT!? I figured I'd happily pay an extra $10 to get it within a week.

Thats just weird since i ordered the book from their and i got it in 2 weeks :/ But 8-12 weeks is horrendous. Yeah i would do the same too

I was slaying Chapter 23 and then a soldier pops up right next to that dumb dancer. Of course! jgft78fdeuijkbfs

I hate these stupid TRAPS.

for some reason whenever those happen i feel like the game is trying to tell me to do better :(

I think if you don't marry Chrom by Chapter 11, the game should automatically reclass him as a Priest.

...and give him S rank with Ricken.

I just got Tiki and now I have the urge to delay my story progress at Ch19 (after stopping at Ch17 to lvl up for around 20 hours) and just grind her, Nowi, and Nah to have some sort of Dragon battalion.

M-PG71C

I think if you don't marry Chrom by Chapter 11, the game should automatically reclass him as a Priest.

...and give him S rank with Ricken.

That would be fucking hilarious. I literally laughed out loud. Too good.

So, I ended up marrying my avatar with Lissa. She reminded me of my wife, perhaps too much lol

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So I just re-assessed my units, and Assassin Severa has 52 Skill and isn't even capped yet. Never gonna break a weapon again, lol. Also, Cordelia's STR cap is 3 higher than Sumia's when both are Falcon Knights. Just proves how superior Cordelia is, I suppose.

Anywho, I'm knocking out kid/kid Supports with spotpass fights, and they don't seem quite as good as their parents. It's a bit too "snippet" like for how little of an introduction/plotline they have. Especially some of the marriage/life-partners stuff.

Ah, well, only a minor issue. I'm at 40 hours and counting, and I'll definitely be running through lunatic next. Game is still 3-d crack.

Incidentally, question for anyone with experience on lunatic: Are rally bots really necessary due to the enemies' increased stats? I imagine hard isn't too bad even with sudden reinforcements, but I glanced at some lunatic stats and was a bit perturbed.

I just got Tiki and now I have the urge to delay my story progress at Ch19 (after stopping at Ch17 to lvl up for around 20 hours) and just grind her, Nowi, and Nah to have some sort of Dragon battalion.

Those 3 have some crazy growths Tiki especially
I tried pairing up MU and Nowi ( since i liked her) and it made Morgan a monster o_O

So I just re-assessed my units, and Assassin Severa has 52 Skill and isn't even capped yet. Never gonna break a weapon again, lol. Also, Cordelia's STR cap is 3 higher than Sumia's when both are Falcon Knights. Just proves how superior Cordelia is, I suppose.

Anywho, I'm knocking out kid/kid Supports with spotpass fights, and they don't seem quite as good as their parents. It's a bit too "snippet" like for how little of an introduction/plotline they have. Especially some of the marriage/life-partners stuff.

Ah, well, only a minor issue. I'm at 40 hours and counting, and I'll definitely be running through lunatic next. Game is still 3-d crack.

Incidentally, question for anyone with experience on lunatic: Are rally bots really necessary due to the enemies' increased stats? I imagine hard isn't too bad even with sudden reinforcements, but I glanced at some lunatic stats and was a bit perturbed.

According to my friend the only child support that matters is Gerome and Cynthia this game made my pairing hating friend get into pairing

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Don't you get Olivia in the chapter right before the cut off? How does that work? Can you get any support conversations with them that way?

You don't need any official "rank". As long as Chrom has very few "hearts" from pairing up/standing next to any compatible female (or if all his compatible females are already married to others), just have Olivia dance for chrom repeatedly during chapter 11, and she'll have the highest "affection" rank.

TWILT

Banned
Don't you get Olivia in the chapter right before the cut off? How does that work? Can you get any support conversations with them that way?

All other possible wives for Chrom must be married and/or dead (you can also just get Chrom to avoid them, but that might be annoying at times). Then, during the chapter you get Olivia, build as much support with her and Chrom as much as possible.

Just glue Olivia with Chrom, have her dance for him every turn and have Chrom avoid female contact for all the chapters before that. Or just don't let Chrom reach C rank or higher with any female not his sister.

Solune

Already have mine ordered.

Might as well post this since we're sharing images. From a comic panel in the Knights of Iris art book.
Amazing comic
Male MU x Tiki is the OTP.

Now I can put this game to rest after I'm done finishing this playthrough.
Green hair is best hair!
This is why the future is in despair.
No, the future is saved from incessant tripping. Now if only Smash Bros. can follow suit.
Best Manakete hands down.

Indeed.

Slightly on topic but not really:

tumblr_miwit3ugvy1r3msfuo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_miwit3ugvy1r3msfuo3_1280.jpg

Zee-Row

Banned
I'm thinking of pairing Henry and Nowi together , a bloodthirsty guy like Henry to me would be the kind of guy that would marry a girl that can turn into a dragon of death!

Aexact

All other possible wives for Chrom must be married and/or dead (you can also just get Chrom to avoid them, but that might be annoying at times). Then, during the chapter you get Olivia, build as much support with her and Chrom as much as possible.

Man, Chrom must've been wondering why his Tactician was ordering all the women to stay away from him. I know it's just four people, but with reclassing, I forget sometimes so I just kept them all away.

It leads to bad positioning when you base your walls about marriage potential.

Nexas

Anna, Say'ri, and Tiki must be beyond awful since the only guy that they can get with is your avatar. ;)

MU is the only man capable of winning Anna or Tiki's affections. Say'ri is right up there with Stahl for my most forgettable character.

For the record, I don't actually think that at all. =P

I know :p it was just funny

MU is the only man capable of winning Anna or Tiki's affections. Say'ri is right up there with Stahl for my most forgettable character.

I like say'ri man :p and stahl and miribelle work well together (I honestly cant hate any of the characters getting all those supports with the MU really made them enjoyable )

Cheska

Stahl and Panne seem to be the least talked about characters in here. Shame because I really like Panne and she's almost always in my crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom