• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I paired Ricken and Tharja.

What have I done. I'm not sure I should encourage it, but you won't be disappointed.

Also, my characters have had nothing but daughters.

This game is truly staggering when you realize the sheer number of possibilities through children.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Just finished the game after 42 hours. Stellar game.

I'm definitely replaying it again on hard since a lot of my dudes died.

The music in the last battle was amazing. Actually, the whole battle was.

I was expecting them to charge more(wasn't expecting the packs) and in most of the maps you're getting a character and item as well as the map.

The characters aren't much different than the free spotpass ones. The first season DLC all seems pretty poor value except for cheating/convenience purposes.

Okay, up to chapter 6 on Lunatic. Thought I'd be able to grind by now, but the jerks on the map encounters all have silver lances and other bullshit like that. Only characters really getting exp at this point are MU, Lon'qu and of course Frederick. I knew you couldn't screw yourself over in Hard, but I'm getting a bit worried I may have this time.

Okay, up to chapter 6 on Lunatic. Thought I'd be able to grind by now, but the jerks on the map encounters all have silver lances and other bullshit like that. Only characters really getting exp at this point are MU, Lon'qu and of course Frederick. I knew you couldn't screw yourself over in Hard, but I'm getting a bit worried I may have this time.

You can't grind outside of DLC on Lunatic. Random map encounters have maxed out enemies, and they all give you one XP. Spotpass battles won't give you any XP either.

You can't grind outside of DLC on Lunatic. Random map encounters have maxed out enemies, and they all give you one XP. Spotpass battles won't give you any XP either.

No, it's the Spotpass teams that only give 1 XP. Map encounters are giving me the normal. Of course, that doesn't matter because I can't actually finish any.

Maybe I should grind supports with some of the Spotpass teams.

Started lunatic for the first time. Fuck chapter 2, holy shit.

I feel you matey.
You need to have a careful plan on Frederick since prologue. Don't over use his silver lance, instead trade-give him your MU bronze sword during prologue. At chapter 1, the elixir from Virion could save you lot of b**thurt during chapter 2 battle.

I think you can screw yourself in Lunatic. If you lose three characters in a map, just restart.

Solune

I just realized that if you pair up the characters that are married and click on their portraits, they're blushing. GOTY
Godlike find.
so she's effectively "a better Lon'qu, with a limited support pool."
That's a clever way of saying destined for the kitchen.
It's Tiki's birthday today.

Hmm is the date linked to the 3DS' timezone? I checked in fervor but no scenes happened.

So do we still have no idea how chapter MVPs are determined? Me & Tiki just got it for chapter 21 but Tiki didn't actually do all that much and we never paired up.

Speaking of coupling and whatnot, I noticed today that Sully and Donny can get married. o_0 Wonder what their support conversations are like. Anyone tried this one?

Speaking of coupling and whatnot, I noticed today that Sully and Donny can get married. o_0 Wonder what their support conversations are like. Anyone tried this one?

I married them, it wasn't anything interesting. It's mostly about Sully trying to understand the life of a farmer. IIRC she
decides to live on a farm with him at the end.

So what class path are people taking their Tiki through if they want her to end as a Manakete? Should I even bother with any of the magic classes, or just go through the Wyvern line and back?

Moonlight

Banned
So what class path are people taking their Tiki through if they want her to end as a Manakete? Should I even bother with any of the magic classes, or just go through the Wyvern line and back?
From her class options (mind, I never bothered reclassing), I'd just say roll with Dark Knight for that sweet, sweet Lifetaker and then back to a Manakete.

I'm thinking of going through the entire Wyvern line (Rider, Lord, Griffon) and then to Dark Knight and then back to Manakete. It's a bit lengthy, but I think it will be worth it.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
i don't build support actively, but my chrom chose sumia in the end. if you're not maxed with a girl, will he always go for her by default?
*he will automatically marry the female character whom he shares the highest support level with. In the case of equal support levels, the priority goes Sumia > Maribelle > Sully > Olivia > Avatar (female). If Chrom hasn't started any support relationships with a female, for whatever reason, he will marry a nameless village girl.

Straight from Serenes

i don't build support actively, but my chrom chose sumia in the end. if you're not maxed with a girl, will he always go for her by default?

He'll go for whomever he has the highest support from among Sumia, Sully, Maribelle, and Olivia. If he has no support with anyone, he gets some random villager.

I'm thinking of going through the entire Wyvern line (Rider, Lord, Griffon) and then to Dark Knight and then back to Manakete. It's a bit lengthy, but I think it will be worth it.

my friend went wyvern lord for the sword breaker so that he could get past pesky wyvern swords

*he will automatically marry the female character whom he shares the highest support level with. In the case of equal support levels, the priority goes Sumia > Maribelle > Sully > Olivia > Avatar (female). If Chrom hasn't started any support relationships with a female, for whatever reason, he will marry a nameless village girl.

Straight from Serenes

i see. i think i got 1 or 2 support conversations with her. he was fighting beside men most of the time, so there was not much to choose from.

my friend went wyvern lord for the sword breaker so that he could get past pesky wyvern swords
That's one of the main reasons I'm doing that too.

Some random villager? Really? Weird.
I almost went with this, but then I would of had to give one of my single bromance guys away to the breeding farm. Chrom has to have a kid so I thought I might as well get two at once.

I do want to see what the scenes are like with the NPC girl though.

That's one of the main reasons I'm doing that too.

I almost went with this, but then I would of had to give one of my single bromance guys away to the breeding farm. Chrom has to have a kid so I thought I might as well get two at once.

I do want to see what the scenes are like with the NPC girl though.

Apparently the npc girl is boring and she only appears like once

Apparently the npc girl is boring and she only appears like once
I think it's that blonde freckled girl with the milk maid hat. I want to hear Lucina talk about how strong and brave she is.

What they should of done is have a female Villager class that you can only unlock be keeping Chrom loveless. That would of been cool.

Yeah, then sully, then maribelle, then Olivia, then femu. If supports with none of those exist he marriages a random village girl and his children's stats get murdered

DSGamer

Neo Member
Is there a way to play this game and get the classic Fire Emblem experience? So I beat the game on Normal/Classic and I feel like it's broken. So what would be the way to run through it again? Grind minimally on Hard/Classic? How much grinding is too much? I really like the game in terms of fit and finish, but mechanically it's the weakest of the 4 American portable Fire Emblem games for me. The grinding and the DLC maps allow you to become god-like very quickly and with multiple characters. In the end I waltzed through most of the end of the game and eventually let the computer control my characters and choose my equipment. I was min/maxing, but doing it on autopilot.

Is there a way to play this game and get the classic Fire Emblem experience? So I beat the game on Normal/Classic and I feel like it's broken. So what would be the way to run through it again? Grind minimally on Hard/Classic? How much grinding is too much? I really like the game in terms of fit and finish, but mechanically it's the weakest of the 4 American portable Fire Emblem games for me. The grinding and the DLC maps allow you to become god-like very quickly and with multiple characters. In the end I waltzed through most of the end of the game and eventually let the computer control my characters and choose my equipment. I was min/maxing, but doing it on autopilot.

If you want the classic Fire Emblem experience, play hard/classic and don't play any DLC, spotpass, or extra skirmishes. Grinding will break the game on hard and even Lunatic. Any amount is going to make the game substantially easier.

Yeah hard/classic with no dlc or skirmishes, and you should only do the paralogues when they first open up

Gestahl

It's never going to be as mechanically sound as the other games, the closest you can get I guess is a hard run with no grinding but that doesn't fix the maps or encounter design and it certainly doesn't suddenly make Nosferatu an impossible proposition so it's still going to have the same issues. Normal's supposedly pretty piss easy though so you should at least try out hard mode for a bit.

Sielys

So can I get other characters as powerful, or is Morgan just OP? I have her set up as a Dark Mage with max stats. One of the best things about her is she has 50 luck. I set her up with the Armsthrift skill, which gives a chance of not using up a weapons durability (equal to luck*2).

Since my weapon never breaks, I've just got a fully upgraded Nosferatu, with higher damage and crit chance (base crit is already high, accuracy is always above 90 even unupgraded.)

I'm also using Galeforce skill (Can move and attack again if I kill a unit with my attack), Tomefaire, and Anathema.

So I'm soloing lunatic maps, it seems like a pretty broken combination.

Draxal

Um, Sacred Stones pretty much had the same griding issue and was incredibly easy as well.

So can I get other characters as powerful, or is Morgan just OP? I have her set up as a Dark Mage with max stats. One of the best things about her is she has 50 luck. I set her up with the Armsthrift skill, which gives a chance of not using up a weapons durability (equal to luck*2).

Since my weapon never breaks, I've just got a fully upgraded Nosferatu, with higher damage and crit chance (base crit is already high, accuracy is always above 90 even unupgraded.)

I'm also using Galeforce skill (Can move and attack again if I kill a unit with my attack), Tomefaire, and Anathema.

Morgan's the best character in the game along with any siblings he/she has.

It's never going to be as mechanically sound as the other games, the closest you can get I guess is a hard run with no grinding but that doesn't fix the maps or encounter design and it certainly doesn't suddenly make Nosferatu an impossible proposition so it's still going to have the same issues. Normal's supposedly pretty piss easy though so you should at least try out hard mode for a bit.

Well, if you're not grinding Nosferatu's low hit % actually comes into play, it's just grinding totally makes the hit % a moot weakness.

Morgan honestly is probably the most broken unit in the game since she/he is basically MU 2.0

Margalis

Banned
Is there a way to play this game and get the classic Fire Emblem experience?
The grinding and the DLC maps allow you to become god-like very quickly and with multiple characters. In the end I waltzed through most of the end of the game and eventually let the computer control my characters and choose my equipment. I was min/maxing, but doing it on autopilot.

"I grinded a lot and was overpowered - any way to prevent this????"

Isn't the answer obvious? Use some self-control and don't grind. Grinding was added in FE as a way for users to self-adjust the difficulty of the game.

Gestahl

Um, Sacred Stones pretty much had the same griding issue and was incredibly easy as well.

Morgan's the best character in the game along with any siblings he/she has.

Well, if you're not grinding Nosferatu's low hit % actually comes into play, it's just grinding totally makes the hit % a moot weakness.

Considering your best no grind Nosferatu user is the goddamn Avatar I kind of doubt hitting the target will ever be an issue.

Draxal

Considering your best no grind Nosferatu user is the goddamn Avatar I kind of doubt hitting the target will ever be an issue.

Doubt many people are going to be second sealing in a no grind game :p. He IS going after the traditional fire emblem experience.

Doubt many people are going to be second sealing in a no grind game :p. He IS going after the traditional fire emblem experience.

Avatar has veteran, that's not an issue for him/her.

and you should only do the paralogues when they first open up
I'd suggest the opposite actually. The paralogues, especially the later ones, will strengthen your units enough to make the main game much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom