• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do you guys think about those battles that involve the merchant + monster on the same area?

The reward for saving the merchant after the battle is pretty decent.

NeonZ

Huh... I paired up Tiki and Morgan(as Tiki's daughter) and attempted to see what they said to each other in the shinning tile events. Apparently, Morgan as Tiki's daughter is supposed to be even more sleepy than Tiki herself. Tiki also can barely believe that she'll have a daughter in the future.

Too bad the mother/daughter support conversations basically showed none of that. Focusing all three supports on Morgan attempting to remember her mother and in the end only remembering her face in the future made Morgan's non-avatar parent supports feel even more generic than the ones of other children, leaving little space to tweak the dialogue for each parent.

Huh... I paired up Tiki and Morgan(as Tiki's daughter) and attempted to see what they said to each other in the shinning tile events. Apparently, Morgan as Tiki's daughter is supposed to be even more sleepy than Tiki herself. Tiki also can barely believe that she'll have a daughter in the future.

Too bad the mother/daughter support conversations basically showed none of that. Focusing all three supports on Morgan attempting to remember her mother and in the end only remembering her face in the future made Morgan's non-avatar parent supports feel even more generic than the ones of other children, leaving little space to tweak the dialogue for each parent.

It's bizarre that they'd use these generic support conversations, and yet end up writing unique dialogue for tiles anyway.

NeonZ

It's bizarre that they'd use these generic support conversations, and yet end up writing unique dialogue for tiles anyway.

I think only Tiki's quotes were really unique though. Morgan's seemed to be generic. That's what made me think about how the supports were kind of wasted with the whole amnesia subplot that goes nowhere. They easily could have used some other structure that allowed more variations per parent even if they kept the generic structure.

Chrom

No dlc maps today? The press release says EXPonential Growth only but i got that last week from pack.

It's a possibility. In fairness, Nintendo never actually released EXPonential Growth on its own, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did that and used that reason to rationalize why they're giving Golden Pack owners the short end of the stick this week. I'd wait until the shop updates though, just in case.

No dlc maps today? The press release says EXPonential Growth only but i got that last week from pack.

I think getting it last week from the pack was a mistake, pretty sure it was supposed to either unlock for us who got the pack or be available to purchase individually.

Chrom

I think getting it last week from the pack was a mistake, pretty sure it was supposed to either unlock for us who got the pack or be available to purchase individually.

That could've been the case, yeah. Nintendo never mentioned anything about getting early access to the maps when buying the bundles and didn't bring it up by the time they announced Lost Bloodlines 1 last week.

On the other hand, if it was intentional this whole time, I'd like to think it'd mean that Golden Pack owners may get Infinite Regalia unlocked today. We'll see, though.

Ponn

Banned
Well i guess we could get a map from either of the current packs. Oh well, if not maybe i will stop grinding and just beat the game. I cant help myself, everytime i turn it on risen pop on the map and i just have to clear them. Then i have a unit so close to leveling up i have to use a reeking box or play a dlc map and on and on.

Draxal

Well i guess we could get a map from either of the current packs. Oh well, if not maybe i will stop grinding and just beat the game. I cant help myself, everytime i turn it on risen pop on the map and i just have to clear them. Then i have a unit so close to leveling up i have to use a reeking box or play a dlc map and on and on.

We're most likely receiving a spot pass map/char today as well.

We're not getting Lost Bloodlines 2 or Infinite Regalia? There's no way their DLC release schedule can be that stupid is there? Anything in a pack should have the DLC released weekly. The content is done, why would they delay getting it out there while people are still playing the game?

mercviper

Throwing in the towel on Lunatic today. ;_;

Sortof, anyway. I've put in like 100 hours for this game and I'm only 75% through a non-grind run @ ch. 19. But my current team can't handle either ch. 19 or Tiki's Paralogue. Ch. 19 I'm going to have to bench anyone who can't take two hits because the map is so open which leaves me with 2 paired units for four people total, and Tiki's I can't get past half the units w/o losing anyone from attrition. If my team can't even hang around to last hit and grab exp then I feel like I've failed. I don't consider random risen encounters grinding, but at the same time I can't even do those with my super units because all the risen are promoted lvl 20s with capped stats and forged weapons gg. :<

So, in a conscious effort to finish the game before I get bored of it, I started a branch save and started grinding up the rest of my team. :x Perhaps I'll come back to my no-grind save later, but who knows.

zroid

Banned
We're not getting Lost Bloodlines 2 or Infinite Regalia? There's no way their DLC release schedule can be that stupid is there? Anything in a pack should have the DLC released weekly. The content is done, why would they delay getting it out there while people are still playing the game?

you should see the Japanese DLC schedule; it was all over the place

Well now I regret buying the bloodlines pack. Who knows how long it will even be before I get all three maps. Thanks Nintendo, I suppose this is a good time to check out and stop buying DLC.

TDLink

Well now I regret buying the bloodlines pack. Who knows how long it will even be before I get all three maps. Thanks Nintendo, I suppose this is a good time to check out and stop buying DLC.

Way to over exaggerate. Since when did Nintendo promise all the DLC would be released weekly anyways? The Japanese schedule had breaks all the time and I expect the American (and European) schedule to reflect that as well. You're still going to end up getting the maps you paid for when they release.

Rarutos

I wish they would just put up a DLC schedule to avoid such confusion. :/ After these last few weeks everyone thought it was safe to assume that whatever packs we got would just continually get released individually weekly...

Chrom

Way to over exaggerate. Since when did Nintendo promise all the DLC would be released weekly anyways? The Japanese schedule had breaks all the time and I expect the American (and European) schedule to reflect that as well. You're still going to end up getting the maps you paid for when they release.
Nintendo always said the DLC releases would be weekly, and they didn't break their promise today. They released EXPonential Growth.

Draxal

It is a mindnumbingly stupid release pattern that kills all momentum of these sales. Not many are going to be around when the last pack is released.

I already bought them. They're already done. Just give it to me now instead of making me listen to Anna say this content is not yet available when that's totally a lie.

Gestahl

Yeah after looking up the first version of the final dlc and seeing it being nothing but some guy waving his dick around spamming rallies on capped stat units and having them massacre the enemy on even more flat terrain maps I'm kind of doubting the grind investment is going to be worth it for the DLC. If the new characters at least had new models or supports or anything maybe my feelings would be different but ugh.

Mr. Fix

Yeah, a bit of an exaggeration, though I do understand why people (myself included) would be frustrated with the timing. They were in development back then, right? I think someone mentioned that the DLC was localized as well, so there's no reason to release them at a slower pace.

At least with the Japanese release schedule you could say they were developing and QAing the DLC. Here it's been done for a long time and there's little sense in releasing the content this way.

TDLink

Yeah, a bit of an exaggeration, though I do understand why people (myself included) would be frustrated with the timing. They were in development back then, right? I think someone mentioned that the DLC was localized as well, so there's no reason to release them at a slower pace.

At least with the Japanese release schedule you could say they were developing and QAing the DLC. Here it's been done for a long time and there's little sense in releasing the content this way.

We don't know if the localization on all of the DLC is done. Though for the Bloodlines stuff it almost certainly is.

No new DLC this week (except for an individual release of EXPonential Growth) is disappointing but the game and its DLC is enjoyable enough that it isn't going to stop me buying more of it in the future. That was the ridiculous part I was pointing out.

No matter what Nintendo is not going to release all of the dlc at once, even if they are all done. Spacing out releases gives people an excuse/reason to come back and play the game over time (and not trade it in if it's a retail copy).

Kyzon

My Avatar, Panne (wife), Morgan (Daughter), and Yarne (Son) are all Assassins now. Having Lethality, and Astra is a devistating combo. Especially with a killer edge. Crit Astra destroys just about everything.

Man, Paralogue 17 is pretty tough. Of course, it could also be that my children party is all wielding bronze weapons after all being reclassed.

Guess I'll grind some more. :|

No they did not.

Yes, it was playable last week
, and we can get into semantics about how it technically was, but the fact of the matter was that EXPonential Growth was not made available for purchase until today.

These statements are at odds with one another, semantics or not.

For anyone that bought the pack, there was no new DLC this week -- maps or SpotPass. That is a reality.

its DLC is enjoyable enough that it isn't going to stop me buying more of it in the future. That was the ridiculous part I was pointing out.

The DLC has been low quality and poor value, and I was fine with that if it was being released regularly. But I've already beaten this game twice, I'm not going to be playing it anymore by the time this content is out.

Not the same thing.
I paid for it several weeks ago, Nintendo granted access to it last week. Saying they didn't release it is just silly semantics.

NeonZ

Yeah after looking up the first version of the final dlc and seeing it being nothing but some guy waving his dick around spamming rallies on capped stat units and having them massacre the enemy on even more flat terrain maps I'm kind of doubting the grind investment is going to be worth it for the DLC.

As far as "flat terrain maps" go, the 3 Ultimate Training Maps all have unique features, and the "future of despair" maps all are basically defense missions. However, yes, the very last Ultimate Training map is fairly basic design-wise. The "unique" feature there is just the beyond maxed enemies and the two paths, with the second one having even stronger enemies.

No they did not.

Yes, it was playable last week, and we can get into semantics about how it technically was, but the fact of the matter was that EXPonential Growth was not made available for purchase until today.

The press release from last week had it listed as a standard release though. I think most people were assuming that it not being listed individually was just a mistake.

Chrom

Ok, stop being cryptic and just tell us what you are trying to say? Did Nintendo accidentally release it last week?

I think it's the only logical conclusion at this point. Nintendo never said they'd be giving early access to DLC maps via the packs, and as I said earlier, they never acknowledged EXPonential Growth being available when they updated us with Lost Bloodlines 1 last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom