• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
The update unlocked Micaiah as a SpotPass team. I wonder if there's someone out there who bought the DLC for her and got the ugly-ass moe shit version, not knowing they could get the non-shit version for free. :p

You could just reclass her to mage. And she'll have some cool skills.

T3W3V5E.jpeg

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to quote.

massoluk

Banned
Man, knowing the children before hand stop my perfectionist self from just playing the game :\. Now if applicable, all girls in my parties must have galeforce, all boys must have astra/aether/lethality/counter, before they are allowed to marry.

This time, BATMAN will be fathered by Donnel for maximum damage.

ronito

So I'm still in the beginning (just chapter 4).
I get the value of keeping team members together but I don't see much value in pairing up for the most part it feels like I'm trading in 2 attacks for 1.5 attacks. I must be doing it wrong.

Man, knowing the children before hand stop my perfectionist self from just playing the game :\. Now if applicable, all girls in my parties my have galeforce, all boys must have astra/aether/lethality, before they are allowed to marry.

You don't need to have all the skills ready before they marry. Just before you start the paralogue to recruit the child.

Please quote that monstrosity!

So, how's the new DLC?

Also does every DLC come with new landscapes? Can you then do random battles on them?
no new DLC

Champions of yore uses the same map
Gold map is in a mansion looking place
Exp map is in a sewer looking place
Lost Bloodlines 1 is a large map with two castles and a bridge over a river

You can replay them as much as you want

massoluk

Banned
You don't need to have all the skills ready before they marry. Just before you start the paralogue to recruit the child.

Same outcome anyway. I ended up with eligible bachelors and bachelorettes with Rank A with at least 2-3 other characters, debating with myself, who will marry who. Like I said before, this has turned into matchmaking game instead of SRPG, some freak eugenic experimentation. :|

mercviper

I get the value of keeping team members together but I don't see much value in pairing up for the most part it feels like I'm trading in 2 attacks for 1.5 attacks. I must be doing it wrong.

It's probably not as important if you're playing on normal/hard. Pair up is a good way to bolster the stats of a unit who can't quite tough it out alone by bringing up his str/mag/def/res high enough to deal with the enemies, or to rapidly build support between two units. It's pretty mandatory in Lunatic but in normal/hard you can probably get by not pairing up most/any. You can also use it to ferry a unit across the map if needed.

Pairing up is essential for protecting weak units and moving slow units. Paired units act as a stat booster for the main unit, so they become even better. You get to worry less about your units when theyre paired up into an unstoppable force.

bryehn

Please quote that monstrosity!

So, how's the new DLC?

Also does every DLC come with new landscapes? Can you then do random battles on them?

I tried the Lost Bloodlines map last night and my team (just finished ch. 13) was getting slaughtered. Nice change of pace from the marshmallow-y Champions of Yore map.

NeonZ

The update unlocked Micaiah as a SpotPass team. I wonder if there's someone out there who bought the DLC for her and got the ugly-ass moe shit version, not knowing they could get the non-shit version for free. :p
Free Micaiah doesn't have ShadowGift though. And Micaiah at least is one of the DLC characters with her outfit in the art matching the 3d model...

Soulhouf

Man, Paralogue 17 is pretty tough. Of course, it could also be that my children party is all wielding bronze weapons after all being reclassed.

Guess I'll grind some more. :|

Paralogue 17 was by far the easiest one for me.
For some reason the enemies coming from south weren't always attacking, they just sit down next to my units so that I can murder them lol.
The others were nice enough to never attack my healers for some reason. And even the ones that could attack from 2 squares away, they always attacked from the next square so that I counter attack them. I didn't have to move any of my characters...
My healers were using Physic to heal whoever injured.

ohlawd

EXPonential Growth is now out. Apparently it was a mistake that buyer's of the Golden Pack could already play it last week.

glad it was "out" last week. My kids are all jacked up. I don't have to worry about training as much for upcoming DLC and I can focus more on Etrian Odyssey IV now.

For some reason the enemies coming from south weren't always attacking, they just sit down next to my units so that I can murder them lol.
The others were nice enough to never attack my healers for some reason. And even the ones that could attack from 2 squares away, they always attacked from the next square so that I counter attack them. I didn't have to move any of my characters...

Well it was mostly cause I was using the children who I just reclassed all with bronze weapons and with little or no support boosts. I was basically handicapping myself in that paralogue, lol.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
The new Paralogue was pretty fun. Time to go back to my current save since there's no Dread Fighter DLC ;_;

Aexact

It's probably because the enemies only have one goal on that map and that's to murder Tiki or someone standing right in front of Tiki. So I surrounded Tiki with three units (after Rescu'ing her into the map edge) and everyone else runs around looking for enemies with ranged weapons. Beastkiller spears are fantastic.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Just got Tiki in my party (beat Paralogue 17), she is SO awesome.

I am loving her discussions with my FemMC, Nah, Say'ri, and Lucina. Why no discussions with Nawi? It would have been interesting to see the discussions between two 1000+ year old Manaketes.

Just got Tiki in my party (beat Paralogue 17), she is SO awesome.

I am loving her discussions with my FemMC, Nah, Say'ri, and Lucina. Why no discussions with Nawi? It would have been interesting to see the discussions between two 1000+ year old Manaketes.
Cant have much of a discussion with someone with the brain of a five year old.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Cant have much of a discussion with someone with the brain of a five year old.

Nawi is childish, but even then they should have some commonalities among them to make for interesting discussion. I mean, the stuff between Nah and Nawi is great stuff.

ohlawd

Nawi is childish, but even then they should have some commonalities among them to make for interesting discussion. I mean, the stuff between Nah and Nawi is great stuff.

Nah -> Nah
Nawi -> Naw

I get it.

But her name is Nowi, not Nawi.... then again, Nowi -> No

snap I just cracked the Da Vinci code.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Nowi and TikI really should have support conversations, especially since there is official art of them together.

Chrom

So which DLC add's characters/units/etc?

Champions of Yore 1 - Prince Marth
Champions of Yore 2 - Roy
Champions of Yore 3 - Micaiah, All Stats +2
Lost Bloodlines 1 - Leif
Lost Bloodlines 2 - Alm, Dread Scroll (Dread Fighter)
Lost Bloodlines 3 - Seliph, Paragon
Smash Brethren 1 - Elincia
Smash Brethren 2 - Eirika, Wedding Bouquet (Bride)
Smash Brethren 3 - Lyn, Iote's Shield
Rogues and Redeemers 1 - Ephraim
Rogues and Redeemers 2 - Celica
Rogues and Redeemers 3 - Ike, Limit Break
The Golden Gaffe - Gold
EXPonential Growth - Experience
Infinite Regalia - Weapons, Eltshan, Silver Card

The second series is Japan-only at the moment, episode names subject to change:

Border Between Life and Death - Est
The Five Annas - Catria
Labyrinth Pursuit - Palla
The Strongest One's Name - Katarina

The remaining six don't offer anything tangible other than character/story development.

I still don't know what to do with my stat boosters items, What do you do with them, give them to the strongest characters or to the weakest? (I'm quite tempted to give all my energy drops to Olivia, just to see the result)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom