• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

I wish Rally Speed wasn't separated by Rally Strength and Rally Skill by gender. Maybe I could've used a female Avatar and passed on Rally Speed to a male Morgan so I could use Rally Strength, Rally Skill, Rally Speed, Rally Defense, and Rally Spectrum all on one character. :D

Rally Skill is Bow Knight which doesn't have a gender requirement, only male exclusive is Rally Str which a male avatar can pass down.

You always want a female unit to be the rallier due to Rally Love (+2 all stats and +1 move).

OceanBlue

Rally Skill is Bow Knight which doesn't have a gender requirement, only male exclusive is Rally Str which a male avatar can pass down.

You always want a female unit to be the rallier due to Rally Love (+2 all stats and +1 move).

Oh wow, forgot about Rally Love. So Rally Strength, Rally Magic, Rally Movement, Rally Spectrum, Rally Love? Lol.

Picked up the bloodlines pack, I don't really care for Leif but I'm hoping/praying this week we get LB2 and not Inf Regalia so I can get a dread fighter.

Edit: Well that's disappointing, I heard they used the first map from FE4 which is

IFm2Kfa.jpg

But they cut half the map, everything to the right of the middle castle is gone, and they condensed it too :(

DSGamer

Neo Member
My Nah is literally invincible. Donnel's her dad, so she has his stat-growth skill. Grew her to 30, put her on Dark Flier for Galeforce, then back to Manakete at 20. She's maxed out in every skill but str/def/res, and rocking dragonstone+'s. And she STILL gets enormous amounts of XP for some reason, she leveled up after every two kills on chapter 23. She'll be all-greens in no time.

I had three girls doing Galeforce training at once for a little while there, Lucina, Nah, and Cynthia. They've all since graduated to more suitable classes, and along with Noire as a sniper with Astra and Tomebreaker (and the sniper skills), I could basically solo the entire game with these four girls.

Well, I could probably solo the entire game with just Nah, but still.

The craziest thing is pairing to Pegasus class characters who have Galeforce. You can take three turns for every turn. Attack, Galeforce kicks in, Switch to the other member of the pair, Attack, Galeforce kicks in, Attack.

DSGamer

Neo Member
Rally Love is aweosme, I can't wait to get access to Bride :>

Along these lines, is anyone playing the game further just to access special characters, etc.? Or are those characters only coming via DLC? Is the Multiplayer enough to play it? The challenge of the Spotpass teams? I've been wondering, since my saves both have God-like teams, if it's worth taking advantage of those teams to do things beyond the end game.

CSX

The craziest thing is pairing to Pegasus class characters who have Galeforce. You can take three turns for every turn. Attack, Galeforce kicks in, Switch to the other member of the pair, Attack, Galeforce kicks in, Attack.

Thats my Sumia and Cynthia right there

Picked up the bloodlines pack, I don't really care for Leif but I'm hoping/praying this week we get LB2 and not Inf Regalia so I can get a dread fighter.

Edit: Well that's disappointing, I heard they used the first map from FE4 which is

But they cut half the map, everything to the right of the middle castle is gone, and they condensed it too :(

Next FE to have big maps.

Pretty please IS.

Soulhouf

From what I saw, they fucked up every classic map and characters.
At least when you do an homage, pay it the right respect.
IT'S INFURIATING.

Whether they put an incompetent team for the DLC or the actual IS team sucked, it's a mystery.

I'm finally starting my second playthrough on hard and I swear chapter 2 is harder and needs me to think more than the entirety of the final third of the story missions in normal.

massoluk

Banned

I have Olivia doing dancing at the end of that too :)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Is there anything that pairs well with healers? I'm not really sure what I should be doing with lissa and Maribelle in terms of supports in the early game or who they should marry.

Is there anything that pairs well with healers? I'm not really sure what I should be doing with lissa and Maribelle in terms of supports in the early game or who they should marry.
I changed Lissa and Maribelle classes first. Lissa is a pretty good Sage and I choose Maribelle as a Valkyrie but her magic is weak. Sage Lissa and Virion made a good couple, I paired Maribelle with Libra, mostly because I barely use them.

Hell yeah, thanks guys.

That site is great but sooo hard to navigate. Terrible UI for new users.

Whaaaaat? The only issue I have with Serenes forest right now is it's slow due to what is probably heavy traffic due to this games US release. How is the UI terrible you have a two column list with everything you'd ever need to know very easy to find.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Chapter.... 12 already.

Chrom marries Sumia (goddamn the game beat this pairing all over our head)
Garreth (Avatar) marries Cordelia.
Kellam marries Lissa (so adorable!)
Virion marries Sully (pretty funny/cute)

Aiming for, Lon'qu and Miriel, Donnel and Olivia. Haven't decided on the rest.

I must say, the EXPonential Growth and the Golden Gaffe are... a tad ridiculous. I managed to level up several characters multiple levels on the former and the latter I managed to score up to 27.000 gold from just one try (and I'm not even really trying.)

Totally kind of breaks the difficulty, heh.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Chapter.... 12 already.

Chrom marries Sumia (goddamn the game beat this pairing all over our head)
Garreth (Avatar) marries Cordelia.
Kellam marries Lissa (so adorable!)
Virion marries Sully (pretty funny/cute)

Aiming for, Lon'qu and Miriel, Donnel and Olivia. Haven't decided on the rest.

I must say, the EXPonential Growth and the Golden Gaffe are... a tad ridiculous. I managed to level up several characters multiple levels on the former and the latter I managed to score up to 27.000 gold from just one try (and I'm not even really trying.)

Totally kind of breaks the difficulty, heh.

They're there for lunatic and stuff like that.

vareon

Chrom married Sumia because that's how it is in the opening, dammit.
My avatar married Cordelia because hnnnggggg.
Frederick married Tharja because he keeps wanting her to have a six-pack body or something.

I promoted many units and married them after chapter 11 because
timeskip, man. Everyone is supposed to be absurdly strong and updated their outfit after timeskip!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I wonder how awkward the situation is in the army when the Avatar marries any child characters.

"Say, ah, dude, your girl that just been born?"

"Yeah, isn't she cute?"

"Well, yeah, um, I'm marrying her already."

Pretty funny situation all around.

Busaiku

So I finally started using the children, and I really like them.
It helps that there are only 13, so it makes it easier to make a cohesive unit.

Again, I'm just really disappointed that they don't have more story.

I wonder how awkward the situation is in the army when the Avatar marries any child characters.

"Say, ah, dude, your girl that just been born?"

"Yeah, isn't she cute?"

"Well, yeah, um, I'm marrying her already."

Pretty funny situation all around.

Then you have that 3rd Gen Morgan marry a 2nd gen character, wrap your mind around that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom