• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day, another sketch. I hope someone out there will appreciate it.
femblem_ritsu003hxzsl.jpg
With that, you can all go back to what you were doing.

Dang, I've been playing through Genealogy of the Holy War... and this is some seriously heavy story. It's a shame Awakening isn't quite as good a storyline, but at least it plays better.

Genealogy and Thracia definitely deserve a remake, IMO.

Also Gaiden almost feels like a different game altogether. Sorta like Zelda II but for Fire Emblem (appropriate considering they're both 2nd iterations)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, although most of my deaths so far have been from underestimating the damage the units I'm trying to bait will actually do.

Yea that kept getting me in the early levels too. Use bulky guys like Kellam to lure them out one or two at a time. Just be sure you're in a position to one shot them once they show up.

How did you guys pair up the kids? I'm kind of regretting not getting Noire and Kjelle right now, as both look like pretty cool characters... might have to go back and grind supports to get them.

Also, what in the world does one do with a Virion!Brady? Poor guy is kind of just sitting in my roster. Haven't even used a healer for the past couple of battles.

PBalfredo

Just got Severa. Donnel's her dad, and her mom passed on Galeforce, so she is an absolute beast of a unit. But Christ, what a high maintenance brat! I knew going into this she was tsundere, but I was unprepared for just how much she would annoy me. Especially in her supports with her father, where she uses emotional blackmail to get her father (in my case, a poor country boy) to buy her clothes. Contrast against Lucina who is just so happy just to be with her parents.

I think I'm going to pair her up with Gerome. Those two sourpusses deserve each other.

RyoonZ

Banned
I just played a bit of this game after beaten Ni no Kuni. The cutscene is very impressive, do you think we can reach this kind of graphic in real time in the future JRPG? It's awesome if we can reach the graphic in the cutscene but we can move around character freely and explore the world like Ni no Kuni.

Jachaos

Just beat the game on Lunatic. It was tough and I had to play the Champions of Yore maps a few times (I haven't done them more than once per chapter however, most probably less than that on average) and grab some Renown awards (Stat boost items) and some All Stats +2.

In the end however I managed to beat the final chapter after less than a dozen tries. Used some tonics and confects and had five pairs of units in a ''+'' pattern moving up towards the final boss, Lissa and Kellam in the middle, Tiki (what a freaking beast. 69 Atk, 55 Def, 53 Res, 52 Spd when paired with Say'ri) on the top, Tharja and Noire on the bottom, MU and Morgan on the left and Lucina and Chrom on the right. Lucina was also a total beast to me, I gave her the Sol sword, and she has Aether, Rightful King, Dual Strike+, Charm and Rally Spectrum, which MU also has, so they both just boosted each other along with the whole group. Kellam blocked everything going Lissa's way and she already had good Def and Res to begin with, and Miracle just in case. Lucina went Aether on the final boss, then Tiki came in and it was finished off with MU and 2x Valflame, the last one being 3 short of killing the boss so I needed to pull off Ignis, which happened and that's that.

And I had already beat it on Hard, but god damn is the music good. I already said I prefer Radiant Dawn's gameplay and story, but pretty much everything else here has it beat, the music is excellent and the depth of content is huge.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
A rather strange question for you folks:

Who amongst the marriageable candidates has the saddest/most touching background story? One for male and one for female please.

Ah... but please refrain from mentioning what makes them sad/touching.

Sorry for this weird request, hehehe.

The generic class units in this game have some pretty awesome designs. It's a shame you can't recruit some through SpotPass or something. (Some of them I even like better than their unique counterparts, the Villagers for example.)

massoluk

Banned
Wow... Noire and Laurent, WORST coupling ever. That was just awful, please god, no one make the same mistake I did, don't pair them up. The S conversation is just painful, fuck, what a waste of pairing.

Laurent want to be yelled at, Noire thought their relationship is kinda odd. Feel no love in the air at all.

Wow... Noire and Laurent, WORST coupling ever. That was just awful, please god, no one make the same mistake I did, don't pair them up. The S conversation is just painful, fuck, what a waste of pairing.

Laurent want to be yelled at, Noire thought their relationship is kinda odd. Feel no love in the air at all.

My worst gen 1 pairing was Ricken and Miriel, no chemistry and forced s rand romance

Just finished the game on Hard.

That last chapter was godlike. The music. I paired up Chrom and MU to get in the final blow on Grima, which was incredibly satisfying. It's a shame that the story -- which wasn't too strong to begin with -- sort of just rushes through at the end, as it sort of takes away from the emotional payoff. What exactly happens with the MU in the post-credits cutscene? Did he just get brought back to life? The repeated dialogue threw me off a bit.

This was one of the most satisfying games I've played in a long, long time. The whole philosophy behind this game, of a love for the characters, really payed off for me, and I don't know how I'm going to go back to other SRPGs without support conversations. I honestly don't know what direction they could take the series in after this while still growing on the established formula, as this really does feel like the Fire Emblem to end all Fire Emblems, but I sure as hell will be there day one. Fantastic work, Intelligent Systems and Nintendo -- and I'll be looking forward to SMTxFE.

Draxal

Just finished the game on Hard.

That last chapter was godlike. The music. I paired up Chrom and MU to get in the final blow on Grima, which was incredibly satisfying. It's a shame that the story -- which wasn't too strong to begin with -- sort of just rushes through at the end, as it sort of takes away from the emotional payoff. What exactly happens with the MU in the post-credits cutscene? Did he just get brought back to life? The repeated dialogue threw me off a bit.

This was one of the most satisfying games I've played in a long, long time. The whole philosophy behind this game, of a love for the characters, really payed off for me, and I don't know how I'm going to go back to other SRPGs without support conversations. I honestly don't know what direction they could take the series in after this while still growing on the established formula, as this really does feel like the Fire Emblem to end all Fire Emblems, but I sure as hell will be there day one. Fantastic work, Intelligent Systems and Nintendo -- and I'll be looking forward to SMTxFE.

Ending spoilers.

The dialogue actually changes after about two lines in, he says welcome back friend ... and the mark of grima is no longer on his hand

vareon

Fuck you, sudden enemy reinforcements who came at the START of the enemy's turn and straight-up killed my Cherche who was just chilling out.

Malvingt2

question... I have Donnel currently on Level 16 mercenary.. Under Dog + Aptitude + Armsthrift are gold. So I am thinking about sending him on the Fighter path before going Hero. Is that a good idea? reclassed him again? or should I just go Hero now?

question... I have Donnel currently on Level 16 mercenary.. Under Dog + Aptitude + Armsthrift are gold. So I am thinking about sending him on the Fighter path before going Hero. Is that a good idea? reclassed him again? or should I just go Hero now?

Do you need the extra fighter skills? If not just go Hero, and get Sol.

Javier

Can some explain to me what the weapon stats stand for? (Mt, eff, ect)
Might (Mt): Base damage the weapon causes. Mt + Unit Strength - Enemy Defense = Damage Done (Replace Strength and Defense with Magic and Resistance for Magic Weapons)

Effect (Eff): Denotes that weapon does extra damage (Triple Mt) to certain units. (i.e. All bows are effective against Pegasus Knights)

Range, Hit, and Crit are pretty obvious, really.

NeonZ

Are you grinding? That's doable if you are, but if you aren't you should just lvl up to 20 and then go to hero. If you class change at lvl16, you'll be adding quite a few unnecessary extra levels to him for little reason, and he'll level up slower than he could otherwise after that. You should have done it at level 10. It's not a problem if you're already heavily playing skirmishes or chapters just to power him up, but if you're not fond of that it can drag him down later.

vareon

Daaamn chapter 16 is hard. It's one of the rarer times an enemy reinforcement managed to kill my Avatar instead of another guy.

Malvingt2

Are you grinding? That's doable if you are, but if you aren't you should just lvl up to 20 and then go to hero. If you class change at lvl16, you'll be adding quite a few unnecessary extra levels to him for little reason, and he'll level up slower than he could otherwise after that. You should ahve done it at level 10. It's not a problem if you're already heavily playing skirmishes or chapters just to power him up, but if you're not fond of that it can drag him down later.

oh?? interesting.. Well Donnel is special and he is growing level wise too fast.. Under Dog helps me a lot with that. Now as a Villager a soon I got Under Dog I sent him to Mercenary path and yes I am grinding.

SaberVulcan

Ending spoilers.

The dialogue actually changes after about two lines in, he says welcome back friend ... and the mark of grima is no longer on his hand

Huh, didnt notice the latter part. Interesting.

So playing on Lunatic was... a poor choice. I swear that as soon as I get to a turn where I cannot hide my pegasii or clerics from every single enemy they just blow the fuck up. Leaving them out is just asking for death.

Miriel x Lon qu it is kinda funny

Miriel/Vaike felt fitting imo if only because of their opposite personalities.

Also, not a romance support, but A Miriel/Sully was fun in how her way of giving the cliched "you're different and that's ok" speech" was by tricking Sully into pouring gasoline to a fire lol

ultron87

Rickon as a Dark Knight's model is out of control. The giant hat and giant collar are in a constant battle for clipping supremacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom