• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekyDad

Just finished the game on Hard.

That last chapter was godlike. The music. I paired up Chrom and MU to get in the final blow on Grima, which was incredibly satisfying. It's a shame that the story -- which wasn't too strong to begin with -- sort of just rushes through at the end, as it sort of takes away from the emotional payoff. What exactly happens with the MU in the post-credits cutscene? Did he just get brought back to life? The repeated dialogue threw me off a bit.

This was one of the most satisfying games I've played in a long, long time. The whole philosophy behind this game, of a love for the characters, really payed off for me, and I don't know how I'm going to go back to other SRPGs without support conversations. I honestly don't know what direction they could take the series in after this while still growing on the established formula, as this really does feel like the Fire Emblem to end all Fire Emblems, but I sure as hell will be there day one. Fantastic work, Intelligent Systems and Nintendo -- and I'll be looking forward to SMTxFE.

Yeah, the music in the entire game was the best of the series in my opinion, not just the actual themes, but the performances and how they're presented. It's so nice to not have the songs interrupted when going into the battle animations, but rather accented with slightly different instrumentation and dynamics.

Mr. Fix

Was there an announcement in the spotpass message or is it another case of "it probably shouldn't be out" like last time which could possibly mean we'll get nothing actually new next week again?

This time, it's actually up on the shop to purchase. They just didn't announce it for some reason. The scheduling is beyond me though.

j-wood

Might (Mt): Base damage the weapon causes. Mt + Unit Strength - Enemy Defense = Damage Done (Replace Strength and Defense with Magic and Resistance for Magic Weapons)

Effect (Eff): Denotes that weapon does extra damage (Triple Mt) to certain units. (i.e. All bows are effective against Pegasus Knights)

Range, Hit, and Crit are pretty obvious, really.

Where can I see what icons represent which class?

Javier

First time through Infinite Regalia and I got Gradivus, Valflame and Mercurius.

SpotPass teams turned out to be FE2. I got Deen.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
KVrtnXp.jpg

:eek:

It sure is funny to see confessions for
Walhart
and
Gangrel
, too.

Those conversations your character can have with specific DLC characters are some of the best things in this game.
Two of my favorite ones from today's Lost Bloodlines 2 must be Lucina talking with Marth and Tiki talking with Tiki.

Anteo

Infinite Regalia intro, spoilered just in case

Porcus: IF POWER, WIDSOM AND LUCK ARE YOUR ALLIES...SUMMON THEM NOW!
Luck? That's how courage is called now? Makes sense.

That Infinite DLC actually provided a decent challenge and those dreadlords interactions with Chrom were funny. One of the weapons I recieved was the Book of Naga which seems pretty good, I just don't know if I should give it to someone in my Sorceror family or Lissa.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Planning out a playthrough and trying to figure out who would be best out of these remaining guys to pair to Cordelia for the best possible Severa.

Fredrick
Virion
Stahl
Vaike
Ricken
Libra
Lon'qu

And before everyone says the obvious Lon'qu, I'm heavily leaning towards pairing Lissa with him to make a well-rounded Owain-Dread Fighter. If theres a better father for him, obviously all those are available to Lissa as well.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Just bought Infinite Regalia.

Hmmmmh........... this along with EXPonential Growth and Golden Gaffe... how many should one be allowed to use these maps to still be considered "fair" I wonder. Sometimes I feel "dirty" playing EXPonential or Golden, if you folks can understand that feeling.

Planning out a playthrough and trying to figure out who would be best out of these remaining guys to pair to Cordelia for the best possible Severa.

Fredrick
Virion
Stahl
Vaike
Ricken
Libra
Lon'qu

And before everyone says the obvious Lon'qu, I'm heavily leaning towards pairing Lissa with him to make a well-rounded Owain-Dread Fighter. If theres a better father for him, obviously all those are available to Lissa as well.

Vaike or Stahl give her the most out of that pairing

Stahl give her access to the Myrmidon and Cavalier branches so Severa can obtain Aegis, Luna, Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, and Lethality and doesn't hurt any stats she'll care about (Str +4 Mag -1 Skl +4 Spd +3 Lck -2 Def +3 Res -1 )

Vaike on the other hand givers her access to the knight and thief branches so Severa can obtain pavise, luna, move +1, lethality, and pass+acrobat. Vaike himself can pass down a skill from the warrior or barbarian male only branches like wrath, axefaire, or counter. Stats he'll pass on are (Str +5 Mag -2 Skl +4 Spd +4 Lck -1 Def +1 Res -2 )

Can't go wrong with either, go with Vaike if you plan to make her an axe user, Stahl if a sword user.

Just bought Infinite Regalia.

Hmmmmh........... this along with EXPonential Growth and Golden Gaffe... how many should one be allowed to use these maps to still be considered "fair" I wonder. Sometimes I feel "dirty" playing EXPonential or Golden, if you folks can understand that feeling.

I don't feel dirty if I'm using them to catch up units that I other wise wouldn't even bother with like Sully or Henry, and on the higher difficulties it doesn't matter much when everything can murder you in a blink of an eye.

Boney

Banned
Vaike or Stahl give her the most out of that pairing

Stahl give her access to the Myrmidon and Cavalier branches so Severa can obtain Aegis, Luna, Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, and Lethality and doesn't hurt any stats she'll care about (Str +4 Mag -1 Skl +4 Spd +3 Lck -2 Def +3 Res -1 )

Vaike on the other hand givers her access to the knight and thief branches so Severa can obtain pavise, luna, move +1, lethality, and pass+acrobat. Vaike himself can pass down a skill from the warrior or barbarian male only branches like wrath, axefaire, or counter. Stats he'll pass on are (Str +5 Mag -2 Skl +4 Spd +4 Lck -1 Def +1 Res -2 )

Can't go wrong with either, go with Vaike if you plan to make her an axe user, Stahl if a sword user.

Plus blonde Severa is best Severa

Seda

Finally got around to starting this.

Any reason NOT to recruit every spotpass character? Is there a limit or something?

Any reason NOT to recruit every spotpass character? Is there a limit or something?

Besides lacking supports, there is a hard limit on the number of spotpass characters you can recruit.

Q) Is there a limit to how many SpotPass or DLC characters you can obtain?

A) Unfortunately there is--your army can contain a maximum of 20 bonus characters (SpotPass, DLC characters or guest Avatars). If you recruit any more bonus characters, you will be asked to remove an existing bonus character to make space. Note that characters recruited through SpotPass-exclusive paralogues count as regular characters and not bonus characters, so they don't count towards the maximum.

If you're intending on collecting bonus characters, don't fret because you can use the Avatar Logbook, which exists across all game files, to store a maximum of 99 bonus characters. Still, there's around 120 SpotPass characters and over 10 DLC characters, so you won't be able to save every bonus character in the Logbook, but I guess you could spread the surplus characters across different game files.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't feel dirty if I'm using them to catch up units that I other wise wouldn't even bother with like Sully or Henry, and on the higher difficulties it doesn't matter much when everything can murder you in a blink of an eye.

I guess that's my problem: I am playing in Normal and sometimes the rewards from playing those maps are really overkilling the difficulty. Maybe I should just restart and bump the difficulty to hard/lunatic.

1. They're generally like dolls who has no personality whatsoever and cannot make support conversations. I consider them litter, actually, and regretting my previous decision to recruit Pr. Marth.
2. Yes, there is a limit on how much you can recruit spotpass characters.

GeekyDad

Really dig the Bloodlines 2 DLC. I'm on Chapter 22 of Shadow Dragon right now, so it's a special treat to see all of those characters appear. Tiki even calls Marth Mar-Mar.

But I lost Virion at the very end. I played defensively when I should have used that turn to attack, and with only two enemy units left, he got whacked. Had to...reset.

I'm on the fence about the other new DLC. What's the silver card all about? I'm mainly interested in more substantial stuff like the Demon Scroll deal.

You can only have 20 in your active army, through you can store up to 100 in the logbook and rehire them for a fee at anytime. Worst thing about spotpass and DLC characters is that they can't support meaning they will lag behind your main units when they start getting A/S rank supports. A/S rank supports mean when the units pair up together they give each other massive stat boost (over the cap) and well often do duel attacks or duel guards. Spotpass and DLC character do have access to unique skills or early access to high level skills at lower levels.

I guess that's my problem: I am playing in Normal and sometimes the rewards from playing those maps are really overkilling the difficulty. Maybe I should just restart and bump the difficulty to hard/lunatic.

Oh yeah on normal that would be over kill lol if you do start over go to hard before you go to lunatic. Hard is not "normal" mode and normal is not "easy" mode for a reason.

Seda

Thanks for the answers, I'll probably recruit 20 of my favorites then and not use them, and store characters from the games I'm familiar with in the logbook for no real reason.

Boney

Banned
Thanks for the answers, I'll probably recruit 20 of my favorites then and not use them, and store characters from the games I'm familiar with in the logbook for no real reason.

I just got Hector and Lyn actually because fuck they're awesome

Right now I have in my main army all the DLC characters and spot pass mist because I use her spot pass battle to farm supports.

XeroSauce

Someone convince me to not restart my Lunatic Casual save that I've spent 7hours on. I am so double-minded about switching to Lunatic Classic.

Chrom

I'm on the fence about the other new DLC. What's the silver card all about? I'm mainly interested in more substantial stuff like the Demon Scroll deal.

If a person goes into a shop with the Silver Card in his or her inventory, all items will be sold at half price.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Someone convince me to not restart my Lunatic Casual save that I've spent 7hours on. I am so double-minded about switching to Lunatic Classic.

There's really no difference between Casual and Classic--it's not like enemies on Casual are weaker or like that. If you reset your game every time a character get killed then it's all the same.

Anyways,

I am currently on chapter 12 in my 1st walkthrough, and I am thinking of restarting from the beginning again on harder difficulties just so I don't feel "dirty" from playing the DLC maps. Already opened support conversations are recorded by the game, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom