• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I want Swordmaster skills, is it generally better to just get to level 10 and then promote to get the skills as fast as possible, or to go all the way to level 20 and then promote?

I tend to go to 20 for the base class, but I think the general consensus is that it's not necessary. You will have lower stats when you initially reach the advanced class by promoting at 10, but in many cases, the skills are the main goal.

zroid

Banned
I'd say it probably matters a lot more in the early game, because at low levels that bump can greatly affect your rate of xp gain. Later on, not quite so much.

I tend to go to 20 for the base class, but I think the general consensus is that it's not necessary. You will have lower stats when you initially reach the advanced class by promoting at 10, but in many cases, the skills are the main goal.

It also slows down EXP gain, since the game will automatically put you at level 21 when you promote.

The game is really addictive even though I'm bad at it. Definitely my favorite 3DS game so far. What's the best way to level Donnell early on? I pair him with Fred and have him make the killing blow but it still seems kinda slow.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The game is really addictive even though I'm bad at it. Definitely my favorite 3DS game so far. What's the best way to level Donnell early on? I pair him with Fred and have him make the killing blow but it still seems kinda slow.

There is a level 1 bonus battle you can summon over and over. That's what I did :p

Velcro Fly

Finally got around to playing that final map on the first DLC pack. Just realized that I can basically get the +2 stats item an infinite amount of times. Kinda like how the first DLC pack had a little bit of a story behind it which was humorous the first go round through each map. Definitely feel like the DLC is geared towards people who are going to play through the game multiple times or try to grind up every single character to max.

Between this an EOIV, I can't even decide my favorite game in February. It may be brutal trying to pick a 3DS GOTY at this rate.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

If you have EXPonential Growth just have him go there. 1 kill = 1 level

I am such an idiot, lol. I thought skills were passed down in some preordained fashion and totally botched some of the children's inheritance. 2 of which would have received Galeforce but didn't. Really sucks. The good news is the two that would have received Galeforce can second seal at their first level 20 to a pegasus knight and move towards the skill. Any have a better suggestion? Morgan is a thief, and Aversa is a Mercenary, is there a class I can master seal them into that would lead me towards dark flier on my second level 20 seal?

Edit: Most upset about not passing down Aptitude though.......and it would have been on Aversa as well....ugh

zroid

Banned
Vaike
"Still, I'd give anything to have lasses offering me their pies all the time."

Somehow, this just doesn't sound proper

I am such an idiot, lol. I thought skills were passed down in some preordained fashion and totally botched some of the children's inheritance. 2 of which would have received Galeforce but didn't. Really sucks. The good news is the two that would have received Galeforce can second seal at their first level 20 to a pegasus knight and move towards the skill. Any have a better suggestion? Morgan is a thief, and Aversa is a Mercenary, is there a class I can master seal them into that would lead me towards dark flier on my second level 20 seal?

Edit: Most upset about not passing down Aptitude though.......and it would have been on Aversa as well....ugh

If you're playing on normal/hard it's not something you should be too concerned about, you don't need to make super kids on those difficulties and by the time you've grinded up the parents to pass on those skills the parents should be strong enough to beat the game already. Lunatic/+ on the other hand...

If you're playing on normal/hard it's not something you should be too concerned about, you don't need to make super kids on those difficulties and by the time you've grinded up the parents to pass on those skills the parents should be strong enough to beat the game already. Lunatic/+ on the other hand...

Thanks, I know I am already way over leveled but it is fun creating a super army lol. Will probably still grind them towards Galeforce, and then move through the story. At least the battles are fun lol, and Exponential Growth makes it less of a chore.

BTW does anything role over into a new game plus?

Thanks, I know I am already way over leveled but it is fun creating a super army lol. Will probably still grind them towards Galeforce, and then move through the story. At least the battles are fun lol, and Exponential Growth makes it less of a chore.

BTW does anything role over into a new game plus?

Starting a new game will kick you off with the highest amount of Renown you've had when you beat the game.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

To be fair its not a complete loss, as there is the super-hard DLC that will eventually come out.

ohlawd

Ok so in order to get all side quest I need to marry correct, does it matter who?

Also can I go back to side quest after main story?

yup, just gotta get those women hitched. Some women (sadly) don't produce unique kids like Say'ri (ffs why the hell not?), Tiki, and others.

the rest of the sidequests (Paralogues 18 and above I believe) are gotten through Spotpass.

and yes to your second question.

Busaiku

So about an hour into chapter 25, still wasn't completely sure (though I had to have taken out like 60-70 enemies already) if they were endless respawns or not, so I send 2 somewhat units in that can kill the boss, just in case they kept coming in the next turn.
So then they respawn in front of those fragile units.

Well, I didn't wanna use Donny, but now I'm gonna.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So about an hour into chapter 25, still wasn't completely sure (though I had to have taken out like 60-70 enemies already) if they were endless respawns or not, so I send 2 somewhat units in that can kill the boss, just in case they kept coming in the next turn.
So then they respawn in front of those fragile units.

Well, I didn't wanna use Donny, but now I'm gonna.

Chrom is the only one that can do real damage to the final boss. Send him up and it'll be done in two turns. He does like 40 damage to him, everyone else is lucky to do more than 5.

Busaiku

It wasn't the final chapter.
I could've easily taken the boss out at any point, I just like routing the maps, and wasn't sure how long respawns were gonna last.

Mr. Fix

Chrom is the only one that can do real damage to the final boss. Send him up and it'll be done in two turns. He does like 40 damage to him, everyone else is lucky to do more than 5.

Lucky, my Chrom was hitting 10s. Lucina is great as well, she did 20 x 2 for me.

ohlawd

did you train Chrom and Chrom only? >_>

Lucina does pretty damn well too.

ohlawd

No, I was referring to the final final boss. The one on the dragon's back that only really takes damage from Chrom's wep.

Lucina wields Falchion too albeit weaker than Chrom's Exalted Falchion. They both do great damage to Grima.

No, I was referring to the final final boss. The one on the dragon's back that only really takes damage from Chrom's wep.

Grind enough and anyone can deal damage to the final boss. Attacking via magic works better as well since it has a lower resistance stat.

femblem_azusa005lskwd.jpg

femblem_yui002nouql.jpg
2 more, if anyone cares.

hao chi

I'm not sure if it matters, but which difficulty were you playing on? On normal Nowi was able to destroy the boss easily (in fact, she couldn't even be damaged).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm not sure if it matters, but which difficulty were you playing on? On normal Nowi was able to destroy the boss easily (in fact, she couldn't even be damaged).

That was on normal. I sent up my heavy hitter, all up graded level 20's with silver weapons, and they didn't do a whole lot. (Sully, Lon'qu, the MU, Vaike, Miriel all level 20 with good weapons) Chrom and his exalted sword basically killed it in two turns. We are talking about the final final boss on the dragon's back.

XeroSauce

Another question for you folks.

I have these ladies and gents left. How would you match them?

Cordelia (Severa into a flying unit probably Wyvern Lord)
Tharja (haven't decided what Noire will do yet, probably Sorcerer)

MaleMU (Morgan into balanced Grandmaster with +Def/-Luk)
Stalh
Virion
Libra (might just make Libra forever alone on purpose)
Kellam

Difficulty is at Lunatic. Only reason I haven't done Tharja and MU yet is because redhead Morgan is adorable and I'm attached to Cordelias stats)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So we only lack 3 more Spot Pass characters right? It's
Chrom's sis with amnesia
, that
2nd gen dude
, and that
evil girl
, right?

Also I noticed Chrom and Frederick talk a lot to each other in side quests. If Frederick dies, who replaces him?

yup, just gotta get those women hitched. Some women (sadly) don't produce unique kids like Say'ri (ffs why the hell not?), Tiki, and others.
There is a storyline reason for that.
Say'ri isn't alive in the future the kids come from.

So we only lack 3 more Spot Pass characters right? It's
Chrom's sis with amnesia
, that
2nd gen dude
, and that
evil girl
, right?

There's one more.
Priam

Also I noticed Chrom and Frederick talk a lot to each other in side quests. If Frederick dies, who replaces him?

Frederick can't die, he just gets permanently injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom