• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiktaalik

I just finished playing one of the early paralogues, where there are three villagers across from a river. I beat it pretty easily, but those villagers bizarrely ran straight toward the baddies on the left side of the screen, even after Chrom talked to them. They all died even though I valiantly tried to save them.

Any special bonuses if I save these guys? Should I give the mission another shot? If so any good strategies to save these idiots?

tm24

ok, first FE game, so it's taken me a while to figure this out re: reclassing and promoting

With reclassing, it just has you switch to a 1st tier class and learn new skills/relevel. So ideally you should go to 15 to learn all the skills

With promoting, you become a 2nd tier class andyou get a hidden +20 level, so thats why you level slower. But you get massive stat growth. So you should promote at 20 after you're done playing around gathering skills in the 1st tier classes?

backlot

ok, first FE game, so it's taken me a while to figure this out re: reclassing and promoting

With reclassing, it just has you switch to a 1st tier class and learn new skills/relevel. So ideally you should go to 15 to learn all the skills

With promoting, you become a 2nd tier class andyou get a hidden +20 level, so thats why you level slower. But you get massive stat growth. So you should promote at 20 after you're done playing around gathering skills in the 1st tier classes?

Not many 1st tier classes have worthwhile skills. After you get to level 10 in a promoted class you can use a second seal to reclass to other promoted classes. The promoted skills are generally the ones you want.

tm24

Not many 1st tier classes have worthwhile skills. After you get to level 10 in a promoted class you can use a second seal to reclass to other promoted classes. The promoted skills are generally the ones you want.

ahh, ok, so the point is to promote and then reclass around the promoted classes? Got it! But then when does mercenary and armsthrift come into play?

backlot

ahh, ok, so the point is to promote and then reclass around the promoted classes? Got it! But then when does mercenary and armsthrift come into play?

If you want to get armsthrift or any other skills from 1st stage classes get those before you promote. Once you've promoted you don't really want to reclass to a prepromoted class because they have much lower stat caps.

Anteo

I just finished playing one of the early paralogues, where there are three villagers across from a river. I beat it pretty easily, but those villagers bizarrely ran straight toward the baddies on the left side of the screen, even after Chrom talked to them. They all died even though I valiantly tried to save them.

Any special bonuses if I save these guys? Should I give the mission another shot? If so any good strategies to save these idiots?

I wasted rescue to save those guys and I got shit for that. I mean what the hell why would I want the subpar E weapons with 1 MT. What the hell....

Boney

Banned

If you save one you get an Angel Robe (+5 hp to a character), 2nd and 3rd guys are pretty worthless rewards.

Anteo

Also, doing a No Random Encounters, No DLC, Paralogues and Main game only, Final Destination run is so hard, I have to think what characters I can use and currently I can't train Tharja =/ I really don't have another slot for a mage in my Army. I really wanted to use her.

tm24

If you want to get armsthrift or any other skills from 1st stage classes get those before you promote. Once you've promoted you don't really want to reclass to a prepromoted class because they have much lower stat caps.
Got it thanks! Loving this game so far

ohlawd

I wasted rescue to save those guys and I got shit for that. I mean what the hell why would I want the subpar E weapons with 1 MT. What the hell....

If you save one you get an Angel Robe (+5 hp to a character), 2nd and 3rd guys are pretty worthless rewards.

They're not completely worthless since those weapons give more weapon exp than usual but for the effort required to get them in that Paralogue, yeah they're worthless.

fCatOKD.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Unless you pair them up with husbands with similar color hair, the mother always feels out of place with their kids I say. Well, maybe not Panne and Nowi with their kids...

Morgan+Sibling doesn't look right either, unless your avatar has the same hair color as your spouse.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Daddy's little...... killing monster <3

Morgan.jpg

Give her a pair of Steel Swords and a pair of Fire Tomes and she can clean house *alone* against high-level promoted foes with forged tomes and silver weapons.

Shit's so funny when I send her alone to heavily fortified areas and watch foes crumble in despair.

She is incredibly powerful... and incredibly adorable <33333

I won't marry her to someone else no sirreeee no thank you.

So I just started, is there any way to restart chapters other than closing the game?

Also do supports level as fast from pairing up? Are there any downsides to pairing up?

And are there any beginners tips I should know?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So I just started, is there any way to restart chapters other than closing the game?

Also do supports level as fast from pairing up? Are there any downsides to pairing up?

And are there any beginners tips I should know?

1. START + L + R
2. Supports level as fast from pairing up? Yes. It's more efficient to level up support with pairing up. Downsides? You have one less party member that can act and whenever you want to separate the two both of them lose a turn at the same time. Generally it is always better to pair up though; sticking someone frail like Lissa to a General can make her withstand attacks that would otherwise kill her. You can also use pair up to make critically wounded unit to safely hide behind a strong unit.
3. Unless you want to utilize DLC maps, pick a group and stick with it. Sticking with a core group that you level up throughout the game will ensure you will be ready down the road compared to spreading experience through all the guys and girls.

1. START + L + R
2. Supports level as fast from pairing up? Yes. It's more efficient to level up support with pairing up. Downsides? You have one less party member that can act and whenever you want to separate the two both of them lose a turn at the same time.
3. Unless you want to utilize DLC maps, pick a group and stick with it. Sticking with a core group that you level up throughout the game will ensure you will be ready down the road compared to spreading experience through all the guys and girls.

Thanks for the help man.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hey folks, for future reference, is the only way to put Aether and Ignis together on Morgan like my pic above is for the avatar to marry Lucina?

I can't seem to imagine any other possible scenarios for this, since Morgan automatically takes the class of her mother and the only way her default class to be Tactician so she can get Ignis is from Avatar marrying a Lord/Great Lord?

It's so fun watching her pulling off Aether and Ignis on the same time against an enemy; bonus points if one of them criticals.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
The bride DLC can't come soon enough!

Hehe, that's cute. When I replay the game again as a male avatar, I kinda want to marry them with Tharja. Though it would be cool to marry Anna or Say'ri, as I feel kinda sad that they're children-less. Those three are probably my favorite though.

Hnnghh, need it!

Also, Say'ri is <3

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
should work with any female kid that got Aether from Chrom.

So Cythia and Kjelle work fine.

Oh, I don't know that she can reclass into a Tactician/Grandmaster in that case. Hmmm, alright thanks.

A random note: Don't know if I can ever have the will to play as a Female Avatar. Losing Female Morgan as a result is a big no-no....

Damn, this is some Kincaido-Cordelia level thing here with me and Female Morgan, hahaha.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Oh, I don't know that she can reclass into a Tactician/Grandmaster in that case. Hmmm, alright thanks.

A random note: Don't know if I can ever have the will to play as a Female Avatar. Losing Female Morgan as a result is a big no-no....

Damn, this is some Kincaido-Cordelia level thing here with me and Female Morgan, hahaha.

The purest form of love <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom