• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Does she have any other skills she can use over Solidarity >_>?

At first maybe I want to get Armsthrift there, but gah, I opt to just give her Lifetaker from her father instead.

I know in terms of optimal maximum things I can confer her it's not totally ideal and I should just probably hand her over Armsthrift since she can learn Lifetaker on her own, but I just don't have the energy to level her up for 15 more levels after getting Galeforce *phew*

And she kicked sufficient asses regardless anyways, hahaha.

Anyways, "Solidarity" may be useless but for some reason it fits her personality, so yeah <3

Maybe next playthrough.

Also, interested to see everyone's version of Morgan here. Or your strongest unit if its not Morgan.

ohlawd

At first maybe I want to get Armsthrift there, but gah, I opt to just give her Lifetaker from her father instead.

I know in terms of optimal maximum things I can confer her it's not totally ideal and I should just probably hand her over Armsthrift since she can learn Lifetaker on her own, but I just don't have the energy to level her up for 15 more levels after getting Galeforce *phew*

And she kicked sufficient asses regardless anyways, hahaha.

Anyways, "Solidarity" may be useless but for some reason it fits her personality, so yeah <3

Maybe next playthrough.
Shouldn't take that long to level her up with Veteran and Paragon.

And you might be pleasantly surprised with the future DLC. Your Morgan alone definitely can't handle those.

edit: sadly I don't have a Morgan yet in this run. My MU hasn't had a chance to spread his seed to the ONE but hopefully he can in a couple of weeks.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Shouldn't take that long to level her up with Veteran and Paragon.

And you might be pleasantly surprised with the future DLC. Your Morgan alone definitely can't handle those.

edit: sadly I don't have a Morgan yet in this run. My MU hasn't had a chance to spread his seed to the ONE but hopefully he can in a couple of weeks.

Paragon? Is that from DLC? Except from EXPonential Growth to make lesser unit catches up (for support purposes), I haven't touched any other DLC maps.

Well if my Morgan can't handle it alone then woah o____O Looking forward to it!

But I think my Morgan can still laugh at the main game and non-DLC content at least <3

Err, I was looking for something along the lines of class progression advice. :)

Keeping her on Lord - Great Lord alone is more than enough for her to kick-ass.

Any class, as long as it is capable of using swords I guess (can't let that Falchion go to waste after all), is golden for her.

Busaiku

Yeah, I didn't know which class got Galeforce (or forgot) when I got Owain.
At least he can take solace in being the best character.

ohlawd

Err, I was looking for something along the lines of class progression advice. :)
Lord > Great Lord > Dark Flier sounds good to me. Aether, Gale Force, Rightful King, blah, blah.

But you're outta luck there if Sully's the mom. She can't give Lucina the Peg. Knight line.

Moonlight

Banned
Much obliged. What should I do with Lucina? She's the daughter of Chrom and Sumia.
Lucina is a pretty simple character, honestly, and she mostly takes care of herself. If she didn't inherit Galeforce from Sumia, class her into Dark Rider so she can get it after getting her to level 20 as a Great Lord. After that, you can probably reclass her back into Great Lord and she'll be golden, but if you're looking at other things to reclass to, the Paladin's two skills, Defender (+1 to all stats when paired up) and Aegis (halves damage from bows, tomes, and dragonstones when triggered) are both really great skills. I guess you could class her into War Cleric, as Renewal gives you 30% HP back at the beginning of your turn, but I've never been too fond of the class to bother obtaining the skills.

That all said, Great Lord should definitely be Lucina's end-point after all this reclassing business is over and done with.

ohlawd

Paragon? Is that from DLC? Except from EXPonential Growth to make lesser unit catches up (for support purposes), I haven't touched any other DLC maps.

Well if my Morgan can't handle it alone then woah o____O Looking forward to it!

But I think my Morgan can still laugh at the main game and non-DLC content at least <3

yeh Paragon's a DLC skill from Lost Bloodlines 3. 2x exp gain.

ffdgh

It's gonna be a bit weird mixing up some of the marrages since I'm so used to the kids current hair colors. Chrom X Sumia and eventually Tharja X Henery will never change tho.

Busaiku

See, I wanted to get Chrom and Robin together, but it just feels so wrong, so I can't.
At least Morgan will have the best lineage anyways.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Chrom x Robin is amazing. Hearing Sugita and Sawashiro together.
Kreygasm.png

TWILT

Banned
It's gonna be a bit weird mixing up some of the marrages since I'm so used to the kids current hair colors. Chrom X Sumia and eventually Tharja X Henery will never change tho.

It was so weird seeing my Inigo without Gaius' orange hair during my 3rd playthrough lol. That was fixed during the next one though...

Also, interested to see everyone's version of Morgan here. Or your strongest unit if its not Morgan.
My kids. I'm so proud of them. ;_;

Probably could have gotten better skills, but eh, I'll do that some other time.

ffdgh

Blonde/silver haird Owain (MU)
Orange Haired Inigo(Gaius and It goes so well with Olivia's pink hair)
Blonde Brady (Libra)
Blonde Kjelle (Vaike)
Purple(?) Severa (Donnel)
Silver Gerome (Virion and it goes well with the mysterious super hero bit lol)
Yarne....as if it matters but dark brown (lon'qu)
Orange red(?) Laurent(Gregor again looks good with Miriel)
Light blonde Noire(henry)
And last Brown Nah(Ricken....It makes them look so much like each other)

Are there any characters that can get all the breakers?
I know
Priam
can't get hit except by magic.

Besides your Robin, Morgan, children whose parent is Robin and the DLC/Spotpass people, the only character is a Severa whose's father is Frederick or Virion or Lon'qu.

The character basically needs to be able to be a Mercenary, a Wyvern Rider and a Dark Mage. Though, you could sub a Mercenary for a Fighter and an Archer, but no one does that either.

Kincaido

My daughters <3

DkvkaSu.jpg

6dra7d6.jpg

Can't decide on who to pair Severa with. I swap Ignis with Sol depending on the mission.

I still can't find this in stores. Nintendo really dropped the ball with the shipping. (Not a fan of digital retail games.) Shame because I really enjoyed the demo.

Moonlight

Banned

Not the best she could be, unfortunately (I mean to correct this on my current playthrough), but Tomes and Astra go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Can't decide on who to pair Severa with. I swap Ignis with Sol depending on the mission.
Owain, obviously.

Moonlight

Banned
In that case, I'd say Inigo. His supports with her are certainly far better than Gerome's and Laurent's. And well, yeah, Yarne is the worst.

It kinda sucks, how many awesome female children there are and so little deserving males for them to match up with. It's almost ironic how so many of Inigo's supports revolve around his inability to find a date when I shop him and Owain around the most during my playthroughs.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
yeh Paragon's a DLC skill from Lost Bloodlines 3. 2x exp gain.

Is it difficult? Hmm, guess I'll try later.

Probably could have gotten better skills, but eh, I'll do that some other time.

My daughters <3

DkvkaSu.jpg

6dra7d6.jpg

Not the best she could be, unfortunately (I mean to correct this on my current playthrough), but Tomes and Astra go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Hoooo damn all of your silvers and legendaries; I feel like such a prick still sticking her with Steel weapons and Fire/Elfire/Elwind tomes, hahaha.

To prove my love for her I will try and secure high-level tomes and legendary swords for her (as a rule I don't want her to get out from the Grandmaster class). Time to hit Infinite Regalia I guess!

Also, where can I buy Arc-stuff, Rexcalibur, Bolganone, etc etc tomes?

Any other recommended skills that I can scour for her to replace Solidarity to make her even more broken? Hahaha. Probably Aegis or... something else?

Additionally, it warms my heart that all of you choose Female Morgan :)

Moonlight

Banned
I would suggest Lethality or Astra, although if you're looking for something a bit more passive, Renewal (via War Monk) should make Morgan practically unkillable between it, Lifetaker, and Aether. Pavise or Aegis are definitely good options, though.

The higher level tomes can be found at very late-game stores or by summoning SpotPass teams and buying items from them, FYI.

Moonlight

Banned
It does not. Astra checks for a critical hit for each of its' five attacks, though, which is easily just as potent. The thing about stacking more special attack skills is that the game will make separate checks for each of those skills - basically the more you have, the better chance there'll be at least one of them will activate. With high Skill and a Brave weapon, your chances of at least one skill activating is very high.

Kincaido

Yeah, think I'll go with Inigo for Severa, their support was better and Inigo deserves someone after all that failing lol.

Hoooo damn all of your silvers and legendaries; I feel like such a prick still sticking her with Steel weapons and Fire/Elfire/Elwind tomes, hahaha.

To prove my love for her I will try and secure high-level tomes and legendary swords for her (as a rule I don't want her to get out from the Grandmaster class). Time to hit Infinite Regalia I guess!

Also, where can I buy Arc-stuff, Rexcalibur, Bolganone, etc etc tomes?

Any other recommended skills that I can scour for her to replace Solidarity to make her even more broken? Hahaha. Probably Aegis or... something else?

Additionally, it warms my heart that all of you choose Female Morgan :)

Your Morgan has higher luck than mine so I recommend Armsthrift. Sol, Astra, and Sol are good but they don't activate if Ignis does. I like Ignis because it activates more than Astra and Lethality , but Astra and Lethality are so awesome.

You can start buying Arcfore after Ch. 17 and the other two after 21. Bolganone and the other two are after 24.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It does not. Astra checks for a critical hit for each of its' five attacks, though, which is easily just as potent. The thing about stacking more special attack skills is that the game will make separate checks for each of those skills - basically the more you have, the better chance there'll be at least one of them will activate. With high Skill and a Brave weapon, your chances of at least one skill activating is very high.

Can the same skill activated twice in one attack? Ignis on the 1st strike, and then Ignis on the 3rd strike in Astra, for example?

With Astra, is there a chance for Morgan to activate Ignis or Aether? I know that critical hits can proc during Ignis/Aether, but if they can also proc during Ignis/Aether during Astra--that would be a beautiful sight to see.

Also, Lethality: physical attacks only?

Your Morgan has higher luck than mine so I recommend Armsthrift. Sol, Astra, and Sol are good but they don't activate if Ignis does. I like Ignis because it activates more than Astra and Lethality , but Astra and Lethality are so awesome.

You can start buying Arcfore after Ch. 17 and the other two after 21. Bolganone and the other two are after 24.

O goddamnit for some reason I thought Mercenary is male only. D'oh! Severa is a mercenary you stupid bonehead! *smacks forehead*

Marche90

Welp, hopefully making comparisons will catch up.

Here's my version of Morgan. VERY much a WIP, since I just got her today (and even then, I'm not sure if I will keep it that way. I have another save file with Lucina as her mother) Still, she can already slaughter high-level enemies without breaking a sweat. So proud of her :').

Also:
1) blanked her mother's name since it is a spoiler. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out who she is, though
For those who can't guess, it's Emmeryn
2) Sorry for the crappy image quality. I don't have a good camera with me so my phone will have to do for now.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
With Astra, is there a chance for Morgan to activate Ignis or Aether? I know that critical hits can proc during Ignis/Aether, but if they can also proc during Ignis/Aether during Astra--that would be a beautiful sight to see.

Only one ability can proc per traditional attack. If Astra activates, nothing else will (besides possibly crits)

Solune

Sully confirmed for being a horrible mother.
Not horribly fond of Kjelle but she does have a nice support with Severa. And I didn't get Galeforce for her either since I messed up, Fixing that on my FemU playthrough now though.
Chrom x Robin is amazing. Hearing Sugita and Sawashiro together.
Kreygasm.png
Yah just started and the first support convo is already hilarious
Cynthia doesn't look right without blue hair.
What if it's ghost colored?
Yeah, think I'll go with Inigo for Severa, their support was better and Inigo deserves someone after all that failing lol.
Inigo is awesome can't go wrong with him.

My Morgan still needs grinding but

Femorgan.jpg

Superior Green Hair

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Only one ability can proc per traditional attack. If Astra activates, nothing else will (besides possibly crits)

Hmmmmm.... That kind of makes it a bit wasteful to choke my Morgan with attack abilities then...

Although I guess activating two skills at the same time during double attacks is still a sight to behold... But it kind of makes getting three of them somewhat redundant.

Can Astra activates on Tomes?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
What if it's ghost colored?

My Cynthia always has white hair. Mostly because Sumia has so few support options and that shitty -2 strength modifier, so I've paired her with Henry in both playthroughs.

It works out since Cynthia makes for a surprisingly good sorcerer though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
This I know for sure, since the animation is so horrible.

I'll skip it then, hahaha.

Say, don't spoil anything for me please, but anyone can tell me how many characters I can bring to the final battle? I want to sort out the characters that I will bring on it that I *feel* the most significant story-wise, just to get that more epic feeling.

Chrom + Sumia (as his wife), Garreth/Avatar + Lucina (as his wife) + Morgan (as his daughter) are each locking a spot; trying to determine the rest of the group to bring.

What are your takes on this folks? Who will you bring/did you bring?

Kincaido

Not horribly fond of Kjelle but she does have a nice support with Severa. And I didn't get Galeforce for her either since I messed up, Fixing that on my FemU playthrough now though.

I like Kjelle kinda, but don't care for Sully. Mine is missing Galeforce too, but I'd rather have Noire and Nah with it. I can't bring myself to get with anyone but Cordelia anymore so one less character with Galefoce for me. That reminds me that I need to get her and Severa's Support haha.

Inigo is awesome can't go wrong with him.
Yeah, pairing her up with Inigo. My hero pair.

Chrom

I'll skip it then, hahaha.

Say, don't spoil anything for me please, but anyone can tell me how many characters I can bring to the final battle? I want to sort out the characters that I will bring on it that I *feel* the most significant story-wise, just to get that more epic feeling.

Chrom + Sumia (as his wife), Garreth/Avatar + Lucina (as his wife) + Morgan (as his daughter) are each locking a spot; trying to determine the rest of the group to bring.

What are you takes on this folks? Who will you bring/did you bring?

17 including Chrom, I think?

I'm still pretty early in my Lunatic run and don't really have an idea how I'd plan for Endgame.

I just realized why Marth's B special attack in Smash Bros. is Shield Breaker.

His starting weapon, a rapier, has bonus damage against armor.

His Side+B attack, Dancing Blade is a Brave Sword.

What's the fastest way for high-level units to grind for skills? Right now I'm just getting Paragon and pairing up for Veteran on EXPonential Growth.

I found that there are unusually high numbers of enemies in skirmishes at the Conqueror's Whetstone, or Walharts Paralogue. I can often go from Lv. 1 promoted to 15 in one battle with veteran and paragon.

Croc

Banned
Man I am loving this game so much but I am finding it pretty difficult. I'm playing on Normal and Classic; thank god I didn't decide to try it on Hard. Despite the difficulty though I'm having a blast, it's great fun and the challenge is just making it even more fun.

I'm playing it where I restart if I lose anyone because the characters have such involved personalities in this game I really don't want to lose anyone so I can get to know all of them.

Also I seriously love the relationship/support system in this. It's crazy how trying to pair up units romantically can directly affect your strategy in some battles hahah

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Haven't touched the game in a while. Need to finish up my second playthrough.

My original plan was to pair MU with Tiki but now I can't decide between her and Lucy. :/

That's my original plan too but... but... that Aether.............. And Lucina's general sweetness too...

Poor Tiki she doesn't have anyone else but Anna and MU (I think?) as her support :( What a lonely existence she has :(

And what skills can she give Morgan anyways........?

Also I seriously love the relationship/support system in this. It's crazy how trying to pair up units romantically can directly affect your strategy in some battles hahah

It's the franchise's biggest selling point to me, to the point where I just didn't have the will to play the games in the series that downplay it such as Shadow Dragon or Radiant Dawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom