• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

I don't get why the late Paralogue characters only have supports with Robin.
Seriously, what the heck, they should clearly interact with others, but nope, only Robin, when some of these characters might barely recognize the character in the 1st place.

Draxal

I don't get why the late Paralogue characters only have supports with Robin.
Seriously, what the heck, they should clearly interact with others, but nope, only Robin, when some of these characters might barely recognize the character in the 1st place.

It's probably a time thingie (game was probably rushed a little), that some dlc later rectifies.

Hey folks, for future reference, is the only way to put Aether and Ignis together on Morgan like my pic above is for the avatar to marry Lucina?

I can't seem to imagine any other possible scenarios for this, since Morgan automatically takes the class of her mother and the only way her default class to be Tactician so she can get Ignis is from Avatar marrying a Lord/Great Lord?

It's so fun watching her pulling off Aether and Ignis on the same time against an enemy; bonus points if one of them criticals.
That or female Robin marrying Chrom obviously.
Hnnghh, need it!

Also, Say'ri is <3
Yeah, I wish Say'ri got her own kid. You get her kind of late, but you get Henry pretty late too, and he can marry.
Like her kid could be her complete opposite, like a very unserious goofball, starts off as a thief or something.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The purest form of love <3

How do you handle marrying off Cordelia to anyone else but the Avatar man? For the life of me right now I am seeing multiple CBAS for Female Morgan in the support list and I was a bit surprised to myself when I muttered "Hmmm nope, nope, nope, nope." Hahaha.

I'm thinking I will only level her female friends in her available support (and her dad, of course.)

Doesn't she? I'm pretty sure Morgan will inherit Tactician in any case.

I don't know, just my guess. But if you say she can, then it's gravy :) At some point I will go Cynthia or Kjelle then.

Ah, I should have clarified; I meant for "female Morgan"--the indisputably superior one.

ohlawd

lol Male Morgan. Does such a thing even.... exist?

/sarcasm.

Can't go wrong with either Cynthia or Kjelle.
Oh I love Cynthia so much. "Let's get it on!".... I so would.

I'm confused as to what to do with everyone now that the children have started showing up, as I have so many viable characters that it's becoming overwhelming. Should I be phasing people out of my core group, or should I try to use everyone? I just got Kjelle.

Moonlight

Banned
Male Morgan will never have Aether - he always inherits Rightful King, regardless whether or not Chrom actually has it yet or not.

So, uh, male Morgan gets no points.

EDIT: Experiment with new arrivals a bit, try and see who you like and who you don't and change your army, but you shouldn't try to use everyone - you'll need to pick a core group and stick with it eventually. It's well worth noting that the children, typically, wind up surpassing their parents frequently thanks to how skill inheritance and bonus stats work.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm confused as to what to do with everyone now that the children have started showing up, as I have so many viable characters that it's becoming overwhelming. Should I be phasing people out of my core group, or should I try to use everyone? I just got Kjelle.

Depends on a lot of stuff. The difficulty, whether you are planning to abuse DLC maps or not, the skills you are passing down to the children, etc etc.

Generally it should be okay to just stick to your core group though, if you find the options to be overwhelming.

Male Morgan will never have Aether - he always inherits Rightful King, regardless whether or not Chrom actually has it yet or not.

So, uh, male Morgan gets no points.

As overwhelming as the proof that Female Morgan >>>> Male Morgan!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Female MU > Male MU

but

Morgan F > Morgan M

And you can't have both. What a cruel world.

This is a matter of priority.

Female Morgan >>>> Male Morgan, while Female Avatar is like only a >> Male Avatar (and the latter is subjective anyway while the former is objective undeniable truth). So Female Morgan is more important, hahaha.

Ahhh, I'll try Female Avatar after this playthrough I guess. I want to collect all Support (this will take an incredibly long time, I'd wager) so at some point in the future I need to forego Female Morgan ;________;
and even marrying her to someone, gah!

Javier

I don't know, just my guess. But if you say she can, then it's gravy :) At some point I will go Cynthia or Kjelle then.
Morgan has access to EVERY class no matter what. The only exceptions are:

- Lord (Can't be inherited)
- Barbarian/Fighter (Male Morgan only)
- Troubadour/Pegasus Knight (Female Morgan only)
- Taguel (Only inherited from Panne or Yarne)
- Manakete (Only inherited from Nowi, Nah or Tiki)
- Villager (Only inherited from Donnell)
- Dread Fighter (Male Morgan only, needs DLC)
- Bride (Female Morgan only, needs DLC)

Busaiku

I don't have male Morgan yet, but when I get him, he'll undeniably be superior.
Seeing as he'll be a descendant of Ike.

Morgan has access to EVERY class no matter what. The only exceptions are:

- Lord (Can't be inherited)
- Barbarian/Fighter (Male Morgan only)
- Troubadour/Pegasus Knight (Female Morgan only)
- Taguel (Only inherited from Panne or Yarne)
- Manakete (Only inherited from Nowi, Nah or Tiki)
- Villager (Only inherited from Donnell)
- Dread Fighter (Male Morgan only, needs DLC)
- Bride (Female Morgan only, needs DLC)

Morgan also can't inherit Dancer or
Overlord

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Female Morgan >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Male Morgan all the way.

How do you handle marrying off Cordelia to anyone else but the Avatar man? For the life of me right now I am seeing multiple CBAS for Female Morgan in the support list and I was a bit surprised to myself when I muttered "Hmmm nope, nope, nope, nope." Hahaha.

I literally stared at the S rank between her and Lon'qu for thirty minutes and finally looked away and pressed A then read the support. It was sweet and all, but it still killed me inside. After I finished, I turned off my 3DS and played this for about two hours.

I didn't even touch the game for the next couple of days. So depressing.

I'm being completely serious.

If you played as a female MU before, you can recruit her in a new file with the avatar log book. Probably costs an arm and a leg, but you could.

Wait, what?

Can someone please explain this trickery!?!

Also, does
Flavia
make a good wife for the male MU? Anyone tried it yet? How are the supports? And does Morgan get
brown skin
when she's the mother?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Wait, what?

Also, does
Flavia
make a good wife for the male MU? Anyone tried it yet? How are the supports? And does Morgan get
brown skin
when she's the mother?

When you beat the game, you can save your MU to the logbook. Then in future playthroughs, you can recruit said MU into your game. The cost varies depending on stats and abilities. That being said, the MU acts like any logbook character in that they cannot support.

As for your second line,
Flavia
is not bad. Not the best, but not bad. She gives morgan +1 Strength, Skill and Speed, and -1 Magic and Defence. Fairly well rounded modifiers. And no to the second spoiler :/

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I literally stared at the S rank between her and Lon'qu for thirty minutes and finally looked away and pressed A then read the support. It was sweet and all, but it still killed me inside. After I finished, I turned off my 3DS and played this for about two hours.

I was a bit surprised myself at how.... protective, I am, towards Female Morgan. Silly thing, she is just a video-game character I know, but don't know, couldn't help it, hahaha.

Wait, what?

You can record your Avatar (as well as DLC people) on a playthrough with Avatar Logbook. You can then summon them on another playthrough if you want, although of course they are nothing but dolls who can't support with other people.

Why can't Cordelia marry Chrom?

Funny thing, the "ones that can't marry" for me are usually the superior choice. Shiida (Marth's wife) is bleh when compared to Catria, as is Sumia (when compared to Cordelia, that is)

Kincaido

Chrom is an idiot when it comes to women, and Cordelia can only get with Kincaido
unless he wants to marry Severa.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
When you beat the game, you can save your MU to the logbook. Then in future playthroughs, you can recruit said MU into your game. The cost varies depending on stats and abilities. That being said, the MU acts like any logbook character in that they cannot support.

As for your second line,
Flavia
is not bad. Not the best, but not bad. She gives morgan +1 Strength, Skill and Speed, and -1 Magic and Defence. Fairly well rounded modifiers. And no to the second spoiler :/

Quoting since I got botp'd so that Black-Wind can see it.

Okamid3n

Why can't Cordelia marry Chrom?

Because
they wanted to make her like Catria, some pegasus knight who had hidden feelings for Marth in the earlier games. Cordelia talks about a pegasus knight at Marth's side in some of her supports, and Cordelia also has a special conversation when fighting Catria in one of the DLCs.

(It's not much of a spoiler at all, but I'd rather be safe)

I think it's a silly reason, though.

Kincaido

I was a bit surprised myself at how.... protective, I am, towards Female Morgan. Silly thing, she is just a video-game character I know, but don't know, couldn't help it, hahaha.

Female Morgan is just too adorable and you just want to protect her. I eventually gave her to Brady though. He's a good kid and I'm sure he'll treat her right.

Because
they wanted to make her like Catria, some pegasus knight who had hidden feelings for Marth in the earlier games. Cordelia talks about a pegasus knight at Marth's side in some of her supports, and Cordelia also has a special conversation when fighting Catria in one of the DLCs.

(It's not much of a spoiler at all, but I'd rather be safe)

I think it's a silly reason, though.

I guess that makes sense. It was kinda weird though that I only heard about her being obsessed with Chrom when I got to Severa's Paralouge. All the other supports I got with her made no mention of it before then. lol
You'd think between Cordelia and Sumia that they'd talk about Chrom or something, but they don't. lol

ohlawd

ohlawd

I'm sorry

Don't make me NTR Cordelia from you,

I guess that makes sense. It was kinda weird though that I only heard about her being obsessed with Chrom when I got to Severa's Paralouge. All the other supports I got with her made no mention of it before then. lol
You'd think between Cordelia and Sumia that they'd talk about Chrom or something, but they don't. lol
Cordelia also mentions Chrom in her Golden Gaffe dialogue.

"dammit Risen why can't you see that I'm precipitating up in this bitch for Chrom. Gimme dat gold!"

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

I am now imagining you sobbing into a pillow.

"CORDELIAAAAAA!!! WHYYYYYY????? MY WAIFUUUU"

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Too bad Cordelia can't NTR Chrom from Sumia, eh Kincaido? But even if she can I doubt Chrom can NTR Cordelia from you, hahaha.

Ahhhhh man..... I was so annoyed I wasn't in this thread during the heyday. Would have loved to discuss lots of stuff about the games with you folks as I played it; I got this game only two days before this thread was removed to the Community section :(

Depends on a lot of stuff. The difficulty, whether you are planning to abuse DLC maps or not, the skills you are passing down to the children, etc etc.

Generally it should be okay to just stick to your core group though, if you find the options to be overwhelming.

I'm playing on Hard, and everything until now has been extremely easy. The map I just finished had enemies that could barely hit my units.

How many chapters are in this game?

TWILT

Banned
Oh my at this thread.
I'm playing on Hard, and everything until now has been extremely easy. The map I just finished had enemies that could barely hit my units.

For only the main story, 25, not including the endgame. With the Paralogues, it pushes it up to 45-50~.

ffdgh

Ugh ch 11 hard mode is freaking kicking my butt compared to easy. Rant: I FREAKING HATE REINFORCEMENTS MOVING ON THE SAME TURN THEY APPEAR/rant.

I wish I could grind but reeking boxes are so expensive now lol.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Well, then you should be alright with swapping folks in and out then.

Ugh ch 11 hard mode is freaking kicking my butt compared to easy. Rant: I FREAKING HATE REINFORCEMENTS MOVING ON THE SAME TURN THEY APPEAR/rant.

I wish I could grind but reeking boxes are so expensive now lol.

Speaking of butt-kicking, some of the Paralogues maps are brutal, and worse, they have no rhyme or reason behind their seemingly random difficulty.

Nah's paralogue for example: goddamn it was brutal. Almost lost Cherche due to forged Rex... rex something; thank goodness she avoided that 2nd 55% hit chance.

Much obliged. What should I do with Lucina? She's the daughter of Chrom and Sumia.

What skills you get for her? Mine got Galeforce, and this paired with Aether make her an absolute force to be reckoned with, easily surpassing her father (although still, Female Morgan laughs at her)

She's one of the best characters to carry on battles, regardless. In many ways I say even superior compared to Chrom.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Nah won't be an issue, I'll just abuse mire this time :D.

Tho I do fear Ingo's chapter will drive me insane....again

Hers was one of the first paralogue chapters I tried, third only to Morgan and Severa. Those forged tomes and silver weapons, goddamn.

....Although I am confident that my Female Morgan can beat the entire thing solo, no problem <3

Morgan.jpg

And perhaps this is a little bit early, but don't know, it feels like she can handle anything from anything and anyone there. Doubftul the last boss or any of DLC foes will even bother her right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom