• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Agreed I can't bring myself to play good games unless I can fuck an anime in them

?

Is this meant to be an insult towards me? Because if it is, well then I don't even know what to say. If you are saying that me saying the biggest draw for myself personally for the franchise is the support system = I want to fuck anime characters, then suit yourself.

Soulhouf

Dread Fighter class marks the end of female superiority in this game.
It sucks that the female children can't inherit the skills but at least that introduces some balance.

Gestahl

Not really, 2nd gen males with Galeforce are definitively on top of the food chain with the Dread class.

vvvvvv

Bonds: Restores 10 HP to all allies within a 3 tile radius at the beginning of the user's Turn

So op

Chrom

That's my original plan too but... but... that Aether.............. And Lucina's general sweetness too...

Poor Tiki she doesn't have anyone else but Anna and MU (I think?) as her support :( What a lonely existence she has :(

And what skills can she give Morgan anyways........?

Say'ri and Nah too, I believe.

Tiki should be able to pass down any of the following skills to Morgan:

Odd Rhythm
Wyrmsbane
Magic +2
Focus
Strength +2
Tantivy
Rally Magic
Tomefaire
Slow Burn
Lifetaker
Quick Burn
Swordbreaker
Deliverer
Lancebreaker

Draxal

Yeah, think I'll go with Inigo for Severa, their support was better and Inigo deserves someone after all that failing lol.

Your Morgan has higher luck than mine so I recommend Armsthrift. Sol, Astra, and Sol are good but they don't activate if Ignis does. I like Ignis because it activates more than Astra and Lethality , but Astra and Lethality are so awesome.

You can start buying Arcfore after Ch. 17 and the other two after 21. Bolganone and the other two are after 24.

Owain/Severa is the OTP, bringing out the tsun and dere.

NeonZ

How does one recruit the devil man? I assume I have to do something in that spotpass map?

You mean
Walhart
? Just make Chrom face him during at least one turn before defeating him. You don't need to beat him with Chrom.

Poor Tiki she doesn't have anyone else but Anna and MU (I think?) as her support :( What a lonely existence she has :(
She can also support Lucina, Say'ri and Nah (and Morgan if she's her daughter). Tiki actually has the most extensive support options for a female character without a child assigned to her. Anna, Say'ri and Flavia all have even less options.

Draxal

I honestly want more special classes with some of the more unique gender/exclusive skill.

Halberdier comes with Lancefaire/Counter

Pirate comes with Axefaire/Galeforce

I mean at this point DLC breaks the game, might as well just totally break it.

NeonZ

I think the development team already moved to the next FE, considering how it has been months since the last DLC in Japan (It was around October, IIRC) and nothing new has been announced afterwards. I'm still annoyed that they wasted resources with a new monster class in one of the later DLC though, rather than a third playable DLC class.

Draxal

I think the development team already moved to the next FE, considering how it has been months since the last DLC in Japan (It was around October, IIRC) and nothing new has been announced afterwards.

Yeah, I think dlc is done, but I can dream.

Although, I don't think it requires a full team to make the quality of dlc that came out in season 1. It's not like we're getting Dragonborn type content. And I bet you it's making a pretty penny in America.

NeonZ

Perhaps this game's biggest tragedy.

I still don't know why there's no S-Rank possible for Flavia and Basilio.

Because
Flavia
doesn't have a child character assigned to her, so she couldn't have S supports with anyone but the Avatar, who has his own child. They were already pretty cheap by reusing the Avatar's voice, art and model for Morgan. So, they likely didn't have budget or time to add a completely new child by the time the game was done.

It's kind of a shame though, since they only needed 4 extra children to give one to every first gen female outside of the spotpass characters.

Although, I don't think it requires a full team to make the quality of dlc that came out in season 1. It's not like we're getting Dragonborn type content. And I bet you it's making a pretty penny in America.

That's why I think they're just focusing on the next game now though. They shouldn't need a full team for this DLC, so completely stopping it at once is kind of odd. Of course, we likely won't see anything about a new FE until Awakening and all of its DLC is out in Europe, most likely...

Perhaps this game's biggest tragedy.

I still don't know why there's no S-Rank possible for Flavia and Basilio.

My theory is that because
Basilio is supposed to have died in the original timeline, he couldn't have fathered a child that would go back in time. I believe this is also the case for Say'ri, who's supposed to be dead in place of Yen'Fay.

Still leaves out Tiki and Anna, though.

Maybe because Anna's can only spawn Anna's?

Also something that's been totally bothering me is where Lucina keeps most of her hair when she's masked. It clearly isn't long hair in the movies and in-game model, but as soon as the mask breaks her hair's already flowing. What

That's my original plan too but... but... that Aether.............. And Lucina's general sweetness too...

I think the only skill worth passing on from Tiki is Lifetaker.

I mentioned this before but I think the lack of supports/child is due to time or budget constraints. It really doesn't make sense that these characters have so few supports otherwise.

Tiki doesn't even have a support with Nowi despite being featured together in official art.

vareon

My theory is that because
Basilio is supposed to have died in the original timeline, he couldn't have fathered a child that would go back in time. I believe this is also the case for Say'ri, who's supposed to be dead in place of Yen'Fay.

Still leaves out Tiki and Anna, though.

Also something that's been totally bothering me is where Lucina keeps most of her hair when she's masked. It clearly isn't long hair in the movies and in-game model, but as soon as the mask breaks her hair's already flowing. What

That's because Gerome's mask is that awesome.

donny2112

Is it possible to have a save where your MU is Level A support with all of the opposite gender characters, and then grind to marriage (to get the special marriage picture), save to another file, go back to original file, grind to marriage with someone else, save over original file, repeat, repeat, etc. to unlock all the marriage pictures in the Support extras?

Wilsongt

Is it possibly to have a save where your MU is Level A support with all of the opposite gender characters, and then grind to marriage (to get the special marriage picture), save to another file, go back to original file, grind to marriage with someone else, save over original file, repeat, repeat, etc. to unlock all the marriage pictures in the Support extras?

It should be. As long as you don't choose to save in the file where all of the A supports are available, when you load it up, it should be like it was before.

donny2112

It should be. As long as you don't choose to save in the file where all of the A supports are available, when you load it up, it should be like it was before.

Okay, cool. Have seen the pictures from the FE Japanese art book, so was hoping to unlock them in the game that way. Thanks!

donny2112

220px-Xena_Simpsons.jpg

"Whenever you see something like that that doesn't make sense, a wizard did it."

Moonlight

Banned
Good god, the amount of potential in Anna and Anna Junior is making the dearth of supports for her and the fact she has no child all the more depressing.

Anna teaching Anna the rules of being an RPG merchant would make for an amazing support.

Male Avatar as the father + Bride class with female Morgan - "Do I look like my father in this?"

Gonna be awkward.
MU has some weird ass fetishes.

It's the franchise's biggest selling point to me, to the point where I just didn't have the will to play the games in the series that downplay it such as Shadow Dragon or Radiant Dawn.

Tiki can give Morgan the ability to be a manakete and everything involved with that.

Also pretty much every other game doesn't do supports as in-depth as this one, so you may as well play them if you're ever craving some Fire Emblem. But all of the modern games have a support system if you like the strategic aspect.

NeonZ

I don't get why Flavia had to have a unique child.
It's not like any of the children do.

Well, she could have a child coming from the future like the other ones. The only problem would be her paralogue chapter opening very later... Any child of a second gen character would need to involve a third timeline that IS clearly didn't want to bother detailing at all, considering Morgan's permanent amnesia.

Anteo

So if you plan on reclassing and promoting a character at some point in their life, which should you do first?

The main point to reclass a char is to get the class exclusive skills, and since the 2nd tier skills are the one that you really want, you should promote first. No point getting the 1st tier skill aside of a few good ones.

Moonlight

Banned
Absolutely promotion first. There's literally no downside. If you promote first, you'll be able to reclass into the promoted and unpromoted versions of your reclass options as well.

Reclassing, on the other hand, will contribute to an invisible equation that the game runs to calculate experience growth - basically, the more you reclass, the more it adds to your 'internal level' which in turn, makes leveling slower and slower. It's usually best to put it off as much as possible unless you want skills specifically.

PBalfredo

Just finished my first playthrough. 93 hours on the save. Took a long time because I was determined to get all the kids. Then once I had the kids then I needed to see their supports with their parents. Then I needed to support the kids with each other. And I'm actually still not quite done because I still need to pull the trigger on which kids I'm pairing up with who, plus the remaining spotpass paralogues and gaining more reknown.

But now I'm good to start up a second playthrough. This time with a FeMU. Though I'm also thinking about making "Morgan" (using the Build 2 FeMU) and having her lead a Fire Emblem All-Stars cast of spotpass characters. Save that for third playthrough, maybe? Or two concurrent playthroughs?!?! Hmmm. Maybe that's a bit too crazy. But I also want to get more Fire Emblem in before Bioshock Infinite, which is likely the only thing that will shake me off this game anytime soon.

Absolutely promotion first. There's literally no downside. If you promote first, you'll be able to reclass into the promoted and unpromoted versions of your reclass options as well.

Reclassing, on the other hand, will contribute to an invisible equation that the game runs to calculate experience growth - basically, the more you reclass, the more it adds to your 'internal level' which in turn, makes leveling slower and slower. It's usually best to put it off as much as possible unless you want skills specifically.

No downside to promotion? I thought promotion contributed more to the "internal level cap" than reclassing did, but I'm admittedly confused on the subject. I was under the impression that it gave you an internal level of 20 and made leveling slow-going for a while.

So for my avatar I should keep leveling up until I get the Grandmaster's final skill and then reclass if I want any other skills?

So if you plan on reclassing and promoting a character at some point in their life, which should you do first?

Unpromoted reclass at 10 if there are any skills in the other unpromoted class you want (basically move +1, armsthrift, and veteran are it) or if you simply want to move someone like lissa, maribelle, or Brady into an offensive class sooner. Other then that always promote at level 20 and always reclass as a promoted level 15 so you get all that jobs skills. Once you promote you don't want to reclass to an unprompted job.

Basically when you promote the game classifies you as level 21 or 20/1 even if you promoted at level 10. Basically you get exp the same as a 10/1 as you do as a 20/1 but you're 10 levels behind everyone else, see Fred and every other chapter 1 pre promote if you want to know what promoting at level 10 is like aka it sucks

No downside to promotion? I thought promotion contributed more to the "internal level cap" than reclassing did, but I'm admittedly confused on the subject. I was under the impression that it gave you an internal level of 20 and made leveling slow-going for a while.

So for my avatar I should keep leveling up until I get the Grandmaster's final skill and then reclass if I want any other skills?

Promoting only increases your current level by 20. So a newly promoted unit will have a current level of 21. It has no effect on your internal level.

OwlyKnees

What's the usual process for OTs in regards to games that are released wide enough apart in various regions? Do the threads return to the 'gaming' section when it's released in the other regions?

I love the community section. Just curious.

Unpromoted reclass at 10 if there are any skills in the other unpromoted class you want (basically move +1, armsthrift, and veteran are it) or if you simply want to move someone like lissa, maribelle, or Brady into an offensive class sooner. Other then that always promote at level 20 and always reclass as a promoted level 15 so you get all that jobs skills. Once you promote you don't want to reclass to an unprompted job.

Basically when you promote the game classifies you as level 21 or 20/1 even if you promoted at level 10. Basically you get exp the same as a 10/1 as you do as a 20/1 but you're 10 levels behind everyone else, see Fred and every other chapter 1 pre promote if you want to know what promoting at level 10 is like aka it sucks

So my avatar is currently a lv.17 Tactician and I kind of want him to end up as a Dark Knight. Should I just reclass to Dark Mage now or learn the Grandmaster skills before reclassing to anything?

Anteo

So my avatar is currently a lv.17 Tactician and I kind of want him to end up as a Dark Knight. Should I just reclass to Dark Mage now or learn the Grandmaster skills before reclassing to anything?

Grandmaster -> Dark Knight is the way. Also since both classes use the same weapons (swords, non-dark tomes, yes Dark Knight can't use Dark Tomes) you will get a nice DK by the time you get to reclass.

Grandmaster -> Dark Knight is the way. Also since both classes use the same weapons (swords, non-dark tomes, yes Dark Knight can't use Dark Tomes) you will get a nice DK by the time you get to reclass.

Cool, thanks.

Kind of an unrelated question: I have Panne at lv.14 and her Beast Stone just broke, and I have no way to replace it currently. I want to reclass her as soon as she learns her next skill, but without a weapon I'm not sure how o go about doing that. Any advice?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Cool, thanks.

Kind of an unrelated question: I have Panne at lv.14 and her Beast Stone just broke, and I have no way to replace it currently. I want to reclass her as soon as she learns her next skill, but without a weapon I'm not sure how o go about doing that. Any advice?

What chapter are you at? Some boss drops one before the halfway mark and you can buy all you want once you get to the port shop.

ohlawd

Cool, thanks.

Her next skill, Beastbane, is pointless on Panne if she's not a Taguel. Just reclass her now.

You might be able to get a Beaststone from an enemy eventually.

Chapter 9...Guess I'll have to bench her until I get to that point.

You're a few chapters away from being able to buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom