• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
I went through about a third of Panne's Beaststone in the chapter she was recruited, and was terrified of using her thereafter. Until they became readily available.

Anteo

Her next skill, Beastbane, is pointless on Panne if she's not a Taguel. Just reclass her now.

You might be able to get a Beaststone from an enemy eventually.

You're a few chapters away from being able to buy them.

The only thing I don't like about Panne is that she is always weak to beastslayers weapons, even is she is not in her taguel class.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I benched her once I got Nowi. I ended up liking Manaketes better anyways.

Nowi is awesome. I paired her with Kellam this run, I was not prepared for the imaginary incest (Japan you crazy). That said I went through with it because it's a beastly combo defensively.

So my avatar is currently a lv.17 Tactician and I kind of want him to end up as a Dark Knight. Should I just reclass to Dark Mage now or learn the Grandmaster skills before reclassing to anything?

The grandmaster skill ignis should be my units first priority always, rally spectrum is good if you're a fan of the rally skill. If your my unit is male I always pass down ignis none of the male only skills are really worth the effort unless you want to pass on counter for a street pass team which you shouldn't worry about. How you handle everything for making an elite street pass team is so different from an in game/dlc team that you don't have to worry about it.

If your my unit is female always pass down galeforce.

And for the record manaketes blow tanguels out of the water. I really don't understand why is included both in the same game with the exact same mechanics outside of continuity

You don't see them often though but you're right.

But Panne's stacked. Nowi is... Nowi.

Pretty much, yeah. Manaketes are a cool concept, but I'm not a huge fan of having frail lolis in my war party. I just like Panne's appearance and personality over the other shape-shifters. She a lot more different than you'd expect when you first meet her.

The grandmaster skill ignis should be my units first priority always, rally spectrum is good if you're a fan of the rally skill. If your my unit is male I always pass down ignis none of the male only skills are really worth the effort unless you want to pass on counter for a street pass team which you shouldn't worry about. How you handle everything for making an elite street pass team is so different from an in game/dlc team that you don't have to worry about it.

Good to know - I'll focus on Ignis before I do anything else. Thanks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Shape shifters are awesome because of their flexibility. They can attack both at range and in melee and they don't have to switch weapons to do it. Makes them great for pair ups i think.

ffdgh

I like the 2(3) taguels.....tho I must say panne makes a great thief this time around lol. Tis such a shame that the beastbane skill only works with taguel class as it's very useful.

Gonna give Yarne/Morgan astra and movement+1.

Anteo

What are you guys doing to your Panne and Nowi that they run out of stones before you get a replacement?

Why would you run out of stones!?
I tend to be carefull at using them anyways, just last hitting enemies and the like until I get close to the ch. with the store

ffdgh

That reminds me, did anyone else know dragon stone+ were buyable from Shadow dragon tiki in the bonus box teams? Randomly saw her while grinding chapter...7 or 11 I think and saw she sold them so I got a few to make nowi a smudge overpowered lol.

ohlawd

Why would you run out of stones!?
I tend to be carefull at using them anyways, just last hitting enemies and the like until I get close to the ch. with the store

I don't know why we're running out of stones but we just are!!

That's what I do too but mostly for Panne since she can actually 2x enemies but that takes up an extra use. Not so much for Nowi because she's strong enough to blow my pants away without needing to 2x.

Anteo

I don't know why we're running out of stones but we just are!!

That's what I do too but mostly for Panne since she can actually 2x enemies but that takes up an extra use. Not so much for Nowi because she's strong enough to blow my pants away without needing to 2x.

Also since I played on hard, Panne was not that good when she joined, so I needed to babysit her a lot. I had 10 uses left on my last stone before getting to the shop in my current playthrough.

ohlawd

Also since I played on hard, Panne was not that good when she joined, so I needed to babysit her a lot. I had 10 uses left on my last stone before getting to the shop in my current playthrough.

pssh that's why you reclass Panne into a Wyvern Rider as soon as you can and go home.

She x2 hits just about every enemy she encounters - enemies see Panne and they just want to hit her, I guess.

The enemy AI is programed to target the character with the lowest health or the one they can do the most damage to. It's a reason why summoners were broken in Fire Emblem Sacred Stones their summons always had 1HP and mediocre defense so the enemy AI would always go after them first made most fights a joke.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The enemy AI is programed to target the character with the lowest health or the one they can do the most damage to. It's a reason why summoners were broken in Fire Emblem Sacred Stones their summons always had 1HP and mediocre defense so the enemy AI would always go after them first made most fights a joke.

Yeah. I also like how the AI makes a BEELINE for defenseless villagers, rather than attacking the people who can actually hurt them.

Gestahl

Or how the defenseless villagers in that paralogue mindlessly flee to the west, straight into the loving embrace of the peg knights.

Moonlight

Banned
But Panne's stacked. Nowi is... Nowi.
Pretty much, yeah. Manaketes are a cool concept, but I'm not a huge fan of having frail lolis in my war party. I just like Panne's appearance and personality over the other shape-shifters. She a lot more different than you'd expect when you first meet her.
And this is why Tiki exists, with the best of both worlds.

3Oi1Bpp.jpg

ohlawd

And this is why Tiki exists, with the best of both worlds.

Is that a recent pic of your Tiki?

I remember when you posted your Tiki a while back and I asked why she didn't any other skills.

fast forward to today and she still doesn't have any skills :p

But I do wish Manaketes have higher speed. It's cool that they have high str and good defenses.

I remember in the DS games the AI was so intent on killing mages they would run straight at Linde who would proceed to one-shot them, when there were some other units they could have easily killed, or at least survived another turn to make life harder for me.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I've been raising supports for Female Morgan.

Her level of sweetness is really really through the roof. Got her to S-Rank with Inigo; their entire support was very very adorable (I saved but then reloaded though, want to see her S-Rank with other kids as well). Her current convo with Owain up to A was very adorable too, as is her support with Nah and Noire. Looking forward to seeing her support convo with other kids; the best one will marry her, I guess (
;_____________;
)

Speaking of which, Noire cracked me up with her crazy outbursts--she's just too funny, and Nah was just overall cool and composed, a total contrast to her mother, which was just awesome.

Gonna be hard to decide which kid is gonna paired with which kid.

Say'ri and Nah too, I believe.

Tiki should be able to pass down any of the following skills to Morgan:

Odd Rhythm
Wyrmsbane
Magic +2
Focus
Strength +2
Tantivy
Rally Magic
Tomefaire
Slow Burn
Lifetaker
Quick Burn
Swordbreaker
Deliverer
Lancebreaker

I think the only skill worth passing on from Tiki is Lifetaker.

I mentioned this before but I think the lack of supports/child is due to time or budget constraints. It really doesn't make sense that these characters have so few supports otherwise.

Tiki doesn't even have a support with Nowi despite being featured together in official art.

Out of those only Lifetaker or Tomefaire, maybe. Shame...

Also seeing characters with so little support option like Tiki or Say'ri kind of makes me feel bad about them; enough to contemplate marrying the Avatar to them just so they don't get too lonely ;___; Tiki especially: her story was just sad.

Tiki can give Morgan the ability to be a manakete and everything involved with that.

Also pretty much every other game doesn't do supports as in-depth as this one, so you may as well play them if you're ever craving some Fire Emblem. But all of the modern games have a support system if you like the strategic aspect.

IIRC I have played 5 (the one with Roy and Lilina if I'm not mistaken), the one with Eliwood and Co, Ephraim and Co, Fire Emblem 12, and a bit of Shadow Dragon plus Radiant Dawn. The last two I didn't really enjoy due to their stilted support convo; Shadow Dragon especially--this game felt really dry.

Awakening is the same way, but with Tharja. She could be next to someone with 1 hp and the AI will go for Tharja (and get 1-shot) instead of the sure kill. It's baffling.

Huh. My observation thus far for AI priority: 1st the one they can damage the most/kill, 2nd if all things equal the ones with less defense/magic resistance, and 3rd anyone else within their range.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I remember in the DS games the AI was so intent on killing mages they would run straight at Linde who would proceed to one-shot them, when there were some other units they could have easily killed, or at least survived another turn to make life harder for me.

Awakening is the same way, but with Tharja. She could be next to someone with 1 hp and the AI will go for Tharja (and get 1-shot) instead of the sure kill. It's baffling.

CSX

So you cant grind for multiple paragon skills right? I did the Elincia DLC twice and still only got 1 paragon in inventory

ohlawd

IIIRC I have played 5 (the one with Roy and Lilina if I'm not mistaken), the one with Eliwood and Co, Ephraim and Co, Fire Emblem 12, and a bit of Shadow Dragon plus Radiant Dawn. The last two I didn't really enjoy due to their stilted support convo; Shadow Dragon especially--this game felt really dry.

That would be 6, not 5 for Roy's game.

So you cant grind for multiple paragon skills right? I did the Elincia DLC twice and still only got 1 paragon in inventory

You can farm DLC skills but you're on the wrong DLC. Lost Bloodlines 3 gives Paragon, not Smash Brethren 1.

Moonlight

Banned
Is that a recent pic of your Tiki?

I remember when you posted your Tiki a while back and I asked why she didn't any other skills.

fast forward to today and she still doesn't have any skills :p

But I do wish Manaketes have higher speed. It's cool that they have high str and good defenses.
It's the very same photo as last time. I'm working to make sure that Tiki gets at least a couple good skills from the options available to her on this run, though. It's a bit more costly to grind in Hard, though.

Croc

Banned
Can someone give me a bit of an overview on Donnel? Like best progression and such. I know he's the one who can reclass twice, but I'm not sure if it's like Journeyman in SS where it caps at level 10 and then you need to class change, or if Villager can go to 20.

ohlawd

It's the very same photo as last time. I'm working to make sure that Tiki gets at least a couple good skills from the options available to her on this run, though. It's a bit more costly to grind in Hard, though.

is it seriously? lol I feel foolish.

Easy Streetpass + Paragon still nets you 16 exp per kill at the very least although this isn't viable in Lunatic. Even better if you do it on Lost Bloodlines 3 since there's 50 enemies.

50 x 16 = 800 exp = 8 levels per run

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Can someone give me a bit of an overview on Donnel? Like best progression and such. I know he's the one who can reclass twice, but I'm not sure if it's like Journeyman in SS where it caps at level 10 and then you need to class change, or if Villager can go to 20.

Get him to level 15, then second seal him to merc. From there he'll start wrecking face, once he hit's 10 or so he'll start capping stats so upgrade him to hero and watch him be just that. A hero.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Villager can go to 30, but I've heard no one actually bothered to level him up as villager that much. Some people stopped at 10, some at 15 just to get the final Villager skill before switching him to something else. He'll max stats very easily due to the Aptitude skill, so no worries.

Villager -> Mercenary -> Hero is very popular, due to the availability of Armsthrift. With his usually very high luck (can easily reach 40), he can have 80% probability of not reducing weapon use every time he attacks, which is just ridiculous especially if you give him something like Brave Swords or Killing Edges.

His very high skills also make him proc Sol (from Hero) very often (like, almost 50% every time he attacks) giving him back health that he lost; that is, if he even lost any since almost all enemies can't hit him anyways (or those that do only hit for like 1-2 damage)

Croc

Banned
Get him to level 15, then second seal him to merc. From there he'll start wrecking face, once he hit's 10 or so he'll start capping stats so upgrade him to hero and watch him be just that. A hero.

Villager can go to 30, but I've heard no one actually bothered to level him up as villager that much. Some people stopped at 10, some at 15 just to get the final Villager skill before switching him to something else. He'll max stats very easily due to the Aptitude skill, so no worries.

Villager -> Mercenary -> Hero is very popular, due to the availability of Armsthrift. With his usually very high luck (can easily reach 40), he can have 80% probability of not reducing weapon use every time he attacks, which is just ridiculous especially if you give him something like Brave Swords or Killing Edges.

His very high skills also make him proc Sol (from Hero) very often (like, almost 50% every time he attacks) giving him back health that he lost; that is, if he even lost any since almost all enemies can't hit him anyways (or those that do only hit for like 1-2 damage)

Okay cool, thanks for the tips! I think I'll level him to 15 and then promote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom