• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poll results so far are very disappointing, though it's not like NoA has put much effort into this.

I wish they'd do something more involved like they did in Japan.

*votes Frederick x 1,000,000,000*

hao chi

Why are people surprised at Henry? The guy is absolutely hilarious. Best male character by far.

I thought I was going to hate Henry after seeing the conversation when he joins your party, but his supports are amazing.

He's not my favorite male character, but he's pretty close.

Tom_Cody

I haven't really gotten into the DLC yet. Can someone give me a quick overview of the scope of it.

Specifically I am curious to know if the strength of the enemy opposition scales or if it is set. I am approaching the end of my first play-through so I am trying to decide if I should if I should play the DLC now or if I should wait for my second go around.

ohlawd

I haven't really gotten into the DLC yet. Can someone give me a quick overview of the scope of it.

Specifically I am curious to know if the strength of the enemy opposition scales or if it is set. I am approaching the end of my first play-through so I am trying to decide if I should if I should play the DLC now or if I should wait for my second go around.

The enemies in the DLC don't scale. They have a set level.

get outta here Lissa haters, she's cute, she's got a ridiculous outfit, and she's voiced by Kate Higgins who I feel did the best in terms of voice acting.

NeonZ

There are basically two types of DLC chapters out right now:

-Characters
-Resources

The Resources ones are:

Golden Gaffe
Exponential Growth
Infinite Regalia

and mostly exist to power up your characters. Golden Gaffe has your party running after Risen escaping with gold, Exponential Growth has Risen that give lots of experience when defeated, and Infinite Regalia has strong Risen protecting 3 chests with random legendary weapons. You can replay them to easily make your characters stronger. They also have comedic stories that acknowledge how the player will likely replay them.

The Character ones out so far are:

Champions of Yore 1-3
Lost Bloodlines 1-3
Smash Brethrens 1

Each map has its own set difficulty, with variations based on the difficulty you've chosen for your file. They don't scale according to your current level or progression in the main story. Champions of Yore 1 can be finished right after getting the wireless features. Lost Bloodlines 3 and Smash Brethren, on the other hand, are close to late game maps, although still easier than the final ones.

Each one of those map gives you a main character from a past Fire Emblem game after you finish them. They're mechanically similar to the free characters from the bonus teams - don't have supports, but have free reclassing like an avatar. They also all come with exclusive skills that an avatar couldn't get. All maps sharing the same name share the same actual map, but with different environment conditions (Champions of Yore 1 is at morning, 2 is at afternoon, 3 is at night) enemy, npc ally and player set ups (CoY 1 gives you 3 npc allies and you have to advance to the west of an island to win. 2 splits your party and allies into two, with the enemy forces in the center, and 3 just has your forces in the middle of the island, with enemies coming from both sides and no allies). Also, losing or keeping alive the allies npc gives no extra bonus to the player.

Some of those maps also have more features in addition to the characters though, like Champions of Yore 3, which gives a tome that can teach the skill "All stats +2" to any character after being finished, in addition to the character itself (Micaiah from Radiant Dawn, this version has a special skill that allows her to use dark magic in any class). Lost Bloodlines 2 actually gives a completely new class for male characters (Dread Fighter - can use sword, tomes and axes and has high magic resistance) and Lost Bloodlines 3 gives the Paragon skills, which gives the character twice as much experience as usual. The upcoming Smash Brethren 2 will have a female exclusive class.

Smash Brethren 3 and Rogues and Redeemers 1-3 will be the first DLC chapters actually harder than the final chapter, but they aren't out yet. We might get Rogues and Redeemers 1 this week, but it might be just Smash Brethren 2 too.

Javier

The village gives a rescue staff, although I guess getting it there might not give you enough time
1.- Send someone with full inventory to visit village.
2.- Send Rescue Staff to Convoy.
3.- Have your best staff user stand next to Chrom so he/she can access the Convoy.
4.- Get the Rescue Staff, immediately use it to save
Emmeryn

All on Turn 1.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Going back to Sword of Seals after completing Awakening and enjoying it shows how good the Fire Emblem formula is.

Also I meant to share this pic awhile ago. Great convo:

igM4Ofug8vLIj.jpg

Tom_Cody

The enemies in the DLC don't scale. They have a set level.

get outta here Lissa haters, she's cute, she's got a ridiculous outfit, and she's voiced by Kate Higgins who I feel did the best in terms of voice acting.

A great answer
Thanks guys.

On a separate topic, this page has made me realized that I missed my chance to get a bunch of characters. I guess this is just further incentive to go for a second play-through.

Anteo

Speaking of Lissa, in my current Main game and paralogue only playthrough I just got past the "meet the voice" stage in the tree, and now Lissa is lvl 17 sage. She's really overleveled and I don't know what to make of her when she hits 20. I still need a healer though so I guess I'll go for war cleric. My only other healer is Sumia and the rest of the army is around lvl 3-4 2nd tier.

Speaking of Lissa, in my current Main game and paralogue only playthrough I just got past the "meet the voice" stage in the tree, and now Lissa is lvl 17 sage. She's really overleveled and I don't know what to make of her when she hits 20. I still need a healer though so I guess I'll go for war cleric. My only other healer is Sumia and the rest of the army is around lvl 3-4 2nd tier.

All her class options have at least one class in the whole tree that can use staves so you could reclass her into something else.

A fighting healer (War Cleric), a flying healer (Falcoknight) or a horseback healer (Valkyrie).

The village gives a rescue staff, although I guess getting it there might not give you enough time

Yeah, by the time I figured that out it was too late.

1.- Send someone with full inventory to visit village.
2.- Send Rescue Staff to Convoy.
3.- Have your best staff user stand next to Chrom so he/she can access the Convoy.
4.- Get the Rescue Staff, immediately use it to save
Emmeryn

All on Turn 1.

I just reloaded and gave someone a rescue staff to start with.

That method works as well though if you don't have any rescue staves for some reason.

http://www.facebook.com/Nintendo3DS?sk=app_162848913870953&destination_page_id=149152295156770

There's the poll.

Top 10:

1.- Marth
2.- Henry
3.- Tharja
4.- Chrom
5.- Lon'qu
6.- Gaius
7.- Cordelia
8.- Donnell
9.- Nowi
10.- Anna

I'm surprised Henry is so popular. Where's Tiki?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So planning another playthough >.>

Thoughts on pairings? Not optimal for *every* character, but seeing as how I don't plan on using certain characters, I only need to optimize certain ones.

Child characters I will use for sure ->
Chrom x Olivia - Inigo (Assassin) Lucina (Great Lord)
Lon'qu x Cordelia - Severa (Hero)
Donnel x Sully - Kjelle (General)
Maribelle x Henry - Brady (Sage or Sorcerer)
Gaius x Sumia - Cynthia (Assassin?)
Virion x Lissa - Owain (Dread Fighter)

Child characters I may use
Gregor x Cherche - Gerome
(Maybe Vaike for the insane +str modifiers)

Child Characters I will not use.
Vaike x Panne - Yarne
Stahl x Tharja - Noire
Libra x Miriel - Laurent
Kellam x Nowi - Nah

Morgan will be either !Lucina or !
Aversa
Class will be Hero or Sage respectively.

ffdgh

Aww Yarne has good speed and strength. Noire lacks Henry as a farther so I can't say if she'll be an epic sorcerer. Nah.....the annoying tank with those parents
KuGsj.gif

Laurent......yeah couldn't care less :p

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
The ones I'm not planning on using have more to do with disliking their personality more than anything, hence why I'm focusing on the ones I will. I'm actually not a huge fan of Severa either but she's probably the best non-morgan unit. And her personality is at least a little more tolerable than miss schizo.

I chose Virion for Lissa since Owain will cap at 41&41 for Strength and Magic, which is nice and well-rounded for a dread fighter. That and he's the only one besides Lon'qu and Gaius to give him half decent speed.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Paired Inigo with Noire, rather adorable.

Planning to pair Nah with Yarne, Owain with Severa (I think), and.......

Cynthia/Female Morgan with either The Batman/Brady... hmmm which one fits better which.....

PBalfredo

Hmmmm. Owain x Morgan (f) or Owain Dark, The Avenging Avenger x Cynthia? Both are very cute. Owain x Morgan is the Morgan pairing I'm feeling the most, but they're also second cousins.

Vamphuntr

Paired Inigo with Noire, rather adorable.

Planning to pair Nah with Yarne, Owain with Severa (I think), and.......

Cynthia/Female Morgan with either The Batman/Brady... hmmm which one fits better which.....

Female Morgan x Brady isn't anything special. I did that and there is a support
where she feeds him some monster's blood and guts and it actually makes him stronger.
T.T

Best support for me so far for the convo :
Cherche x Gregor (A and S rank are actually tied to her background)
Virion x Sully
Miriel x Donnel
Inigo x Owain ("eternal chastity" and the name inscribing)
Lucina x Sibling (I think this one is generic, it was Inigo for me)
Henry x Nowi (It's silly but cute)

Worst support for me so far :
Tharja x Anything
Avatar x Lissa (S rank is awful)
Yarne x Severa (Ugh)
Inigo x Severa (Ugh)
Maribelle x Lon'qu (the S rank one is really dumb)

My best characters are probably Morgan and Owain which are the children of my avatar. Stats cap reached in all of theirs stats. They also have galeforce and ignis.

I think I did everything I could in the game for now. I need the missing spotpass paralogues and the harder DLC maps. The only thing left for me to do is to farm infinite regalia for legendary weapons but it's boring when you don't have a reason for needing them. Hopefully we get some nice DLC maps next week. So far I bought the Golden Pack and got the free Marth mission. Not really interested in the heroes of previous games DLC. Maybe the the other ones are better but the one with Marth is terrible. I hate when you have a bunch of allied unit running everywhere. Also don't like how everyone except the star of the DLC is a generic unit.

They say that to unlock the harem option you have to unlock every possible support conversation and then start a new file.
Or maybe I'm making that up.

Started a FE12 (Heroes of Light and Shadow) run and named my avatar Lucina, like she traveled back in time. it's weird how there are sorta more customization options in this game for your avatar.

Poor Katarina. I wish her DLC version wasn't locked behind the hardest map in the game, I want her Awakening-style portrait as opposed to the SpotPass one I have now.

So I actually had time to do
Emm's
Paralogue today.

Going to be really honest and say that I really preferred if she had remained
dead
. Viewing that scene for the first time was actually pretty good, but bringing her back basically ruins all the emotion it tried to portray. Especially now that I'm coming up to that particular scene again in my Lunatic run.

Velcro Fly

So I'm guessing that fighting both sides in paralogue 13 is probably not the best idea? Do you gain anything by back one side over the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom