• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started a FE12 (Heroes of Light and Shadow) run and named my avatar Lucina, like she traveled back in time. it's weird how there are sorta more customization options in this game for your avatar.

There's probably more customization options since they didn't have to make sure it matched the sprite in battle. All they had to do in 12 was match the hair color and call it a day.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Do I get anything other than experience from fighting them both?

As has been said by the fine gentlemen here (and ladies too maybe?), you can get 4 village items.

But seriously, that reasoning is secondary at best. A big-giant-melee-against-scores-of-enemies is too hard to pass up.

You can visit all the villages, and the villagers will give you a large Bullion for it.

There's like no down-side besides the absurd amount of enemies.

It's not a downside!

What could be more fun than to field my Morgan alone (with Chrom as he is forced deployment, the bastard) and watch the cutest killing machine ever killing hundreds of enemies without breaking a sweat? Hahaha.

Moonlight

Banned
Well, I'm just thinking if your characters aren't ready for the challenge. By that time I could have Morgan cover the red army and Severa & Owain cover the green.

It was crazy, though. I didn't turn off battle animations and I'm pretty sure it took five minutes for the enemy turn to resolve.

Croc

Banned
So I'm approaching where most of my characters are getting into the teen levels. Is it recommended to wait to 20 to advance them or a bit earlier?

I remember playing SS and people said wait until 20...but when I beat the game people were nowhere near max level of the second advancement so I wasn't sure if it really mattered if I advance them before 20 or not.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So I'm approaching where most of my characters are getting into the teen levels. Is it recommended to wait to 20 to advance them or a bit earlier?

I remember playing SS and people said wait until 20...but when I beat the game people were nowhere near max level of the second advancement so I wasn't sure if it really mattered if I advance them before 20 or not.

If it's base class (with no Second Seal): sure level them up to 20 before promoting because otherwise the levels will be wasted (because the game considers your newly promoted from base unit as level "21" regardless when you promoted them in terms of experience)

For promoted class, usually the recommended idea is just to level them up to 15 and then switch to something else, to accrue skills.

Croc

Banned
If it's base class (with no Second Seal): sure level them up to 20 before promoting because otherwise the levels will be wasted (because the game considers your newly promoted from base unit as level "21" regardless when you promoted them in terms of experience)

For promoted class, usually the recommended idea is just to level them up to 15 and then switch to something else, to accrue skills.

Okay cool, thanks!

hao chi

So I actually had time to do
Emm's
Paralogue today.

Going to be really honest and say that I really preferred if she had remained
dead
. Viewing that scene for the first time was actually pretty good, but bringing her back basically ruins all the emotion it tried to portray. Especially now that I'm coming up to that particular scene again in my Lunatic run.

I agree. I actually try to think of the Spotpass Paralogue characters as some weird alternate "what if" scenario.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
If anyone is looking to totally waste their PowerUp Rewards points, Gamestop is offering that pre-order art book for 4500 points :lol

NeonZ

I agree. I actually try to think of the Spotpass Paralogue characters as some weird alternate "what if" scenario.

I'm still not convinced that they aren't just bonus characters.

In previous games, bonus characters (like the extra characters for bonus maps in Biding Blade and Path of Radiance, and the creature campaign characters in Sacred Stones) joined without any storyline excuse, but here even the past game DLC characters technically have story reasons for joining. They don't have unique dialogue afterwards because they're considered guest avatars by the game engine, but they do get it before and while joining. Those six characters having complete dialogue sets makes sense, considering how they are actual standard characters engine-wise and the treatment given to bonus characters in general in this game.

Besides, you need to unlock the spotpass chapters in the same place where you can get legendary weapons out of nowhere and make past game characters randomly pop up in the world map. Awakening likely won't have a direct sequel though (the pairing system makes it extremely unlikely), so I guess this discussion likely won't be settled any time soon. I think we're likely to see bonus crossover characters even more fleshed out in future FEs though, since they likely won't only think about the concept at the end of development, which at least will hurt the arguments that selectively go "If they have dialogue AFTER joining, they're canon" to support the spotpass chapters characters.

ohlawd

Emmm isn't that image a little bit nsfw?

The girl is Cordelia.
I'm the dude that's screwing her.
The guy in the back is Kincaido.

Kincaido said it's ok

yessssss Brides tomorrow. All my female kids are capped out so they've been waiting.

I've been back and forth between my avatar marrying Panne or Cherche, but I think I'll settle with Panne. Overall I find her a lot more charismatic and fun to use. Her class is odd but I think if I get some assassin skills on her and bump her back to taguel she'll be a force to be reckoned with.

I gotta say besides the fact that the FatherxChild supports are all generic across the fathers, they are still pretty well done.

My favorites are Owain's, Inigo's, Cynthia's, Gerome's and Laurent's.

Though, Yarne's one with Virion as his father seems custom made for Virion.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
The girl is Cordelia.
I'm the dude that's screwing her.
The guy in the back is Kincaido.

Kincaido said it's ok

yessssss Brides tomorrow. All my female kids are capped out so they've been waiting.

This only applies to my other save.
You're Lon'qu.

She's a pure maiden on my main save and will be my bride tommorow.

I've been back and forth between my avatar marrying Panne or Cherche, but I think I'll settle with Panne. Overall I find her a lot more charismatic and fun to use. Her class is odd but I think if I get some assassin skills on her and bump her back to taguel she'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Nothing wrong with pairing Panne now and redoing another save with Cherche on it.

PKrockin

Finally got a copy of this, and it's been kicking my ass a bit on Hard/Classic. I failed chapter 5 a half dozen times until I realized I could pair up Miriel with Lissa to boost her magic enough to Rescue Maribelle and Raiken, and that wind magic is super-effective against wyverns. Swapping Vaike for Lon'Qu also helped a lot, although now I'm worried my one axe user is getting underleveled. Really the biggest problem was half my team couldn't ever take two hits on the enemy turn, which is a problem when you're getting bumrushed from multiple directions plus wyverns.

Game is fantastic so far. The music in particular is GOLD.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
"Everyone knows I'm a huge jerk anyway, so just shrug it off and keep going."

Clearly she takes after her Daddy (me).

Finished the campaign last night.

Story was just okay, but the characters is what really brought the game to life. It made the ending more touching than I anticipated.

And now, to wait for Luigi's Mansion.

TWILT

Banned
Take Lon'qu's virginity.

Hmm, now when you say it like that, that's really tempting...
Gangrel

I chose Lon'qu for my female MU. It was pretty sweet. Maybe even sweeter than marrying Gaius.

Guess Lon'qu it is! I do love me some swordmasters. Probably still going to grind the Gaius support because I want to see the conversations. Also, I see what you did there. =P

Wait for the best bloodline.
B-but that's not until at least one more month.

ohlawd

has this been posted here before? >_<

xMmooYP.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom