• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

Anna or Flavia should've had a child instead of her.
If she wants to be dream about Chrom forever, she should be left to her misery alone.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Man, you hate Cordelia, Lissa, and have a problem with people getting with the children characters. How do things looks from that high horse you're on?

Busaiku

Speaking of horses, I really wish Walhart wasn't a mounted unit.
I really like the Conqueror armor, but the horse just kinda kills it.

But of course they gotta keep up that Nobunaga junk.

I don't hate Cordelia, but I don't really like her either. She is my least favorite female character besides Severa. I only married her because she was the left over girl that I still needed a kid from, but that was a mistake.

I thought I wouldn't care as much because I would of much rather had a gay marriage if that was an option, so I just put Robin with whoever. But now I do care about Robin's family, and I don't like that he and Morgan have to be stuck with Cordelia and Severa. (Severa especially.)

If I do another playthrough, I'll pair her up with Lon'qu. His aversion to women and her eternal pining for another man should work out nicely for them.

To think I put poor Cherche with Lon'qu... Robin and Cherche FTW.

WOW AVERSA THANKS FOR THE INFO

Aversa: Men are all the same. Learn their ambition, and you have them by the-
Oho... Well, perhaps Excellus was a bit different in that respect...

So uh, I guess this game officially has Persona 4 level weirdo fandom. NOICE

The fandom was waiting for a modern pairing system and a larger audience to go full-weird it feels like. They were only slightly weird before.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Guys, guys, guys, what about Lucina?

Is it because it's too icky? Hahaha.

It *is* unfortunate that her pining for Chrom is what define her the most--or even if it isn't true, it is what the fans recognize from her the most--but overall Cordelia as a character is quite alright.

Last night I built support between Severa and Cynthia; to be honest, I was a bit surprised at myself saying, "Wow, this girl is a jerk," seeing some of the stuff Severa said. In the end it turns out alright, but maybe they just went a wee bit more on the 'jerk' side in Severa's 'jerk with a golden heart tsundere' attitude.

Busaiku

I dunno about that, it felt more like something from some historical battle or something (or at least whatever Koei/Capcom tell me is history).

Last night I built support between Severa and Cynthia; to be honest, I was a bit surprised at myself saying, "Wow, this girl is a jerk," seeing some of the stuff Severa said. In the end it turns out alright, but maybe they just went a wee bit more on the 'jerk' side in Severa's 'jerk with a golden heart tsundere' attitude.

Even when Severa is being "nice", she still comes off awful. My poor Morgan having such a terrible sister...

Guys, guys, guys, what about Lucina?

Is it because it's too icky? Hahaha.

It *is* unfortunate that her pining for Chrom is what define her the most--or even if it isn't true, it is what the fans recognize from her the most--but overall Cordelia as a character is quite alright.

I haven't recruited Lucina yet (I do so in the next chapter), but I'm giving serious thought to pairing her with my avatar for how deliciously awkward it'll be. Or who knows, maybe Chrom will approve. In all likelihood he'll be too weirded out to say anything.

I feel like I change who I want my avatar to pair with every 5 minutes, it's ridiculous.

Sorry AnimeGAF, I liked this show. (At least, until the end of the first story arc)

L8ZgAx5.jpeg

Eirika's Blade is awesome.

Also, this isn't my main character, I created a separate file with her name and design and played up till Wireless features were unlocked. Easy way to make custom characters, like my Latias reincarnated.

Bonus: God-Mode Tiki with a 331 rating. Miracle + Vantage + Vengeance is unbelievably OP.

vareon

It's not that Cordelia is bad, it's just that there's nothing in the game that reflects that someone is married to someone else. Chrom saying "Thanks, friend" to Lucina or his wife is jarring. When you reach S level, all that relationship building just...stopped.

Not to mention Cordelia's support with other guys is really intimate. Listing each other's good points and bad points!? Not while you're my wife you don't.

Soulhouf

It's not that Cordelia is bad, it's just that there's nothing in the game that reflects that someone is married to someone else. Chrom saying "Thanks, friend" to Lucina or his wife is jarring. When you reach S level, all that relationship building just...stopped.

Not to mention Cordelia's support with other guys is really intimate. Listing each other's good points and bad points!? Not while you're my wife you don't.

English voices are bad in many ways. I switched to Japanese and never came back.

NeonZ

Bunch of insecure folks up in here. When she's talking about "him" after she's married she's talking about her husband aka Kincaido.

Her S support with Gregor actually adresses that pretty directly. She talks about how the person she was talking about initially was someone else, but she had fallen in love with him and now actually was talking about him.

Chrom saying "Thanks, friend" to Lucina or his wife is jarring. When you reach S level, all that relationship building just...stopped.

Well, if you want S ranking characters being all love dovey to each other just land them together in a shinning tile and hope for a bond quote. There are 4 variations per active character (I love you, don't die, you're beautiful/handsome, here's a gift!), for a total of 8 possible combinations per couple (4 for each active character).

Regarding the voiced quotes, that's the problem with the American version going with more specific and longer quotes than the Japanese voices. I think there's a really awkward "my love" quote from Sumia too which can play at completely innapropriate times.

Velcro Fly

Just finished the game. Absolutely fantastic. Worth every penny I paid for the game and every second of agony I spent over two days looking for a physical copy since I failed to preorder in time. With very minimal grinding, only unlocking chapters to recruit children, my in game timer was a shade above 36 hours while my Activity Log timer was a shade above 40 hours. I loved the little epilogues that each character got at the end. Definitely think I will be replaying this game in the near future, if only to fully break the game with skills and to explore children beyond Laurent and Lucina more.

ffdgh

Despoil could have been such a great skill on hard (still is sorta) for money grinding but the fact it only works during the player phase and not during the enemy
phase is such a troll.

Just finished the game. Absolutely fantastic. Worth every penny I paid for the game and every second of agony I spent over two days looking for a physical copy since I failed to preorder in time. With very minimal grinding, only unlocking chapters to recruit children, my in game timer was a shade above 36 hours while my Activity Log timer was a shade above 40 hours. I loved the little epilogues that each character got at the end. Definitely think I will be replaying this game in the near future, if only to fully break the game with skills and to explore children beyond Laurent and Lucina more.

I've already put in 100+ hours (2 saves) into this and plan on going full-force again once all the DLC has been released.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Despoil could have been such a great skill on hard (still is sorta) for money grinding but the fact it only works during the player phase and not during the enemy
phase is such a troll.

That's lame, but it would be broken as hell on someone like Donny. Shit it probably still is too good.

ffdgh

That's lame, but it would be broken as hell on someone like Donny. Shit it probably still is too good.

Oh I bought spotpass marth since his luck is great and sent him down barbarian for despoil then back to lodestar and threw the parallel falchion on him....by accident which saved me the trouble of getting armsthrift.

Well, if you want the characters being all love dovey to each other just land them together in a shinning tile and hope for a bond quote. There are 4 variations per active character (I love you, don't die, you're beautiful/handsome, here's a gift!), for a total of 8 possible combinations per couple (4 for each active character).

Regarding the voiced quotes, that's the problem with the American version going with more specific and longer quotes than the Japanese voices. I think there's a really awkward "my love" quote from Sumia too which can play at completely innapropriate times.

It'd be really something if they could add in alternate dialogue in a sequel to denote if a character is single or married. That might be a bit too much dialogue to add, though.

Verelios

I feel angry because I made my MU marry Lissa in like, the fourth chapter. It wasn't even my intention! I didn't know about the mechanic!

Now I'm stuck with an annoying ass kid (who I refuse to use), a whining wife and a mistress who I'd rather have (Anna) but came too late. Well, that's just great. NG+ for me it is.

On that note, if I could give Lon'qu a harem I would. His supports are so good, and I just find myself rooting for the guy.

But yeah, immediately it was possible I went CoredeliaXLon'qu maximum dawwwww'. And Severa, but mostly for the da'w.

Javier

Tharja my Waifuuuu

Really disappointed the Bride sprite is generic. Could have used at least a different hair color for each character. Oh well, I'll live.

EDIT: Forged Tharja a Bow and called it "Wedding Bow"

I'm out.

Brides are out, heck yeah.

Hey, at least I didn't make that pathetic Gary Stu!

Lucina doesn't really look all that great in a dress, IMO. I noticed it when I made her a cleric and hoped she'd look okay as a bride.

Anna however...

Waifu material.

For some reason the SpotPass content isn't showing up for me, even though it gave me the usual update message. It didn't even complete my FE3 set.

Some guy on the Serenest Forest forums had the craziest idea for a new playthrough.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38845

Serenes Forest guy said:
HARD

CASUAL

AUTOBATTLE

Rules of the game:
Rule One: I am allowed to override Autobattle to guide one Thief to chests or one relevant unit to Villages. I might allow myself use Pair Up but ONLY on Turn 1 and no switching after that. Besides that? ADVANCED AUTOBATTLE TACTICS.
I might fuck around with Renown or recruit Spotpass characters I really like (or by popular demand [nino]). Really the only rule is Rule One.
UPDATE C1: I am allowed to shuffle equipped items at the beginning of each turn.
UPDATE BEFORE C3: I am allowed to override Autobattle to open doors if progress is impossible otherwise.
UPDATE C3: Talking is a free action.

I think I want to try this. It's more like what a tactician would deal with in real-time.

What do y'all typically do with Donnel once he hits 20 as a Mercenary? Where should he go next?

And should I be using Speed Wings and stuff like that for characters who are lacking in the corresponding stat, or should I use them to boost characters who are already proficient?

PK Gaming

The Bride attack animations are sooooooo good

I think I actually like them more than the dread fighter, but i'm probably biased since Eirika is one of my favorite FE characters.

What do y'all typically do with Donnel once he hits 20 as a Mercenary? Where should he go next?

And should I be using Speed Wings and stuff like that for characters who are lacking in the corresponding stat, or should I use them to boost characters who are already proficient?

Turn him into a hero, you want Sol.

Lucina doesn't really look all that great in a dress, IMO. I noticed it when I made her a cleric and hoped she'd look okay as a bride.
That's too bad.

Funnily enough, the Bride draft design uses her as the base. (I think the artist really likes her.)

So, since I can't get the DLC right now, and there's already a pic of waifu #1 (Tharja) up there...can anyone take a pic of Yarne as a bride? I'm curious.

EDIT: DAMN IT I MEANT PANNE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom