• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
rDiUBr5.jpg

<3

PBalfredo

This page. Waifus. Waifus everywhere.

So as I'm gearing up for my second playthrough, I think I'm going to dive into DLC. Which ones are must-haves at this point? Are any of the DLC maps themselves cool, or is it all about what swag you get out of it?

Noob question; I've finally got to Fire Emblem in my backlog. All the DLC, how to I download it? The Eshop directs me into the game, but I can't seem to find a menu to buy it. Does it unlock later in the story(I'm only 4 chapters in)?

TWILT

Banned
Noob question; I've finally got to Fire Emblem in my backlog. All the DLC, how to I download it? The Eshop directs me into the game, but I can't seem to find a menu to buy it. Does it unlock later in the story(I'm only 4 chapters in)?

Keep playing the game until you complete chapter 4. A new area should unlock called "Outrealm Gate" where you can access/buy all the DLC.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

After the 5th chapter.

This page. Waifus. Waifus everywhere.

So as I'm gearing up for my second playthrough, I think I'm going to dive into DLC. Which ones are must-haves at this point? Are any of the DLC maps themselves cool, or is it all about what swag you get out of it?

For the current set of maps, it's probably more about the swag. Although, if you've played earlier games in the series, you might appreciate the DLC maps for the nostalgia, 'cause most of them are centred on characters from other games.

As for must-haves:

Lost Bloodlines 2: Dread Fighter class for male units
Smash Brethren 2: Bride class for female units
Infinite Regalia: Tons and tons of rare weapons + Silver Card (buy items for half price)
Smash Brethren 3: Limit Break Skill (+10 to a character's max stats) [Not out yet]
Lost Bloodlines 3: Paragon Skill (doubles exp gain)
Champions of Yore 3: All Stats +2 Skill
The Golden Gaffe: Gold farm

The 2nd series of DLC (probably out in mid/late April) are probably all must-haves.

Gestahl

Cherche's supports with the avatar aren't really endearing her to me. Only B at the moment, might get better later.

A lot of the supports in this game are pretty bad yeah. I just read through the Kellum/Cherche one and it's literally just Kellam asking her if she can fix his trousers and her saying how adorable his armor is for 3 supports. And Gaius/Panne was basically how many ways can the writers reference the fact that Gaius really fucking loves sweets.

There are lolipops on his goddamn cloak I think I get the message game

Cheska

So after 75 hours, I have finally beaten the game! Totally my game of the year so far, it's been a completely amazing journey!

I do have some questions though, how are you guys recruiting some of those last minute folks? Such as
Emmersyn, Aversa, Priam, etc? I only managed to get the Gangrel paralogue.
Also, is the only option to continue with your current game to basically load the endgame save and avoid redoing the last battle?

backlot

So after 75 hours, I have finally beaten the game! Totally my game of the year so far, it's been a completely amazing journey!

I do have some questions though, how are you guys recruiting some of those last minute folks? Such as
Emmersyn, Aversa, Priam, etc? I only managed to get the Gangrel paralogue.
Also, is the only option to continue with your current game to basically load the endgame save and avoid redoing the last battle?

Go into your wireless menu and update the spotpass data. That's where the last minute characters come from. They aren't all out yet, though. And loading your last save is the only way to continue, yes.

I once thought Olivia was a hopeless character with no chance for improvement... then today I battled a streetpass team that had a level 20 Olivia swordmaster with almost 300 rating... I'm scared of her now.

Kincaido

I don't even attack early game if I see 1% crit chance unless I'm sure they can live if it triggers.

zroid

Banned
Yeah lol I wouldn't go anywhere near an enemy with 11% crit unless I were killing it in one hit or would survive regardless. When such situations arise, I'll just try to increase luck through pairing or something like that, if I can.

Slermy

So I'm just now learning about skills, and have maxed out my Tactician. Chapter 7-ish is where I'm at.

Could someone clarify the following for me?

It seems that as long as I acquire Second Seals, I can continuously reclass my Avatar, acquiring new skills in the process. So if I wanted to grab the GaleForce skill, I could use ONE Second Seal to change my Tactician to a Pegasus Knight, then use a Master Seal once i have it, level up to 15, use a SECOND Second Seal and change my class back to Tactician, or whatever else I wanted?

It seems the downside is that leveling would be slow and pretty much stop at an "internal" level 30 (playing on Hard)?

Thanks in advance.

Also, can you earn multiple Wedding Bouquets in the DLC?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Is there a reason why my game is telling me the bride DLC is unavailable?
edit: huh, I had to update my sd card or something, never had that before

CSX

To be fair, 11% is relatively high for a critical. It's way worse when you lose a unit to a 2-3% critical >.>

Is relatively high for this FE at least. Long ago, I believe we were discussing about how much more frequent low number crits were happening.

I had 5 single digit crits happened for me in one battle. It was glorious :)

zroid

Banned
It seems that as long as I acquire Second Seals, I can continuously reclass my Avatar, acquiring new skills in the process. So if I wanted to grab the GaleForce skill, I could use ONE Second Seal to change my Tactician to a Pegasus Knight, then use a Master Seal once i have it, level up to 15, use a SECOND Second Seal and change my class back to Tactician, or whatever else I wanted?

It seems the downside is that leveling would be slow and pretty much stop at an "internal" level 30 (playing on Hard)?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah you can use infinite Second Seals. Also, don't let the concept of an "internal level" confuse you -- the limit doesn't mean you won't be able to level up further, it just means your rate of exp gain will hit its absolute minimum once you reach that point.

By the way, in most cases, you will probably want to promote to Grandmaster before reclassing to Peg Knight (and then reclassing to Dark Flier instead). Then back to Grandmaster, if you want, after getting Galeforce.

Slermy

Yeah you can use infinite Second Seals. Also, don't let the concept of an "internal level" confuse you -- the limit doesn't mean you won't be able to level up further, it just means your rate of exp gain will hit its absolute minimum once you reach that point.

Oh, interesting.

By the way, in most cases, you will probably want to promote to Grandmaster before reclassing to Peg Knight (and then reclassing to Dark Flier instead). Then back to Grandmaster, if you want, after getting Galeforce.

Oh really? Is this because if i wanted to return Grandmaster, I'd have to level up Tactician all the way back up again to then promote to Grandmaster?

In either case, thanks for the quick response!

So I'm just now learning about skills, and have maxed out my Tactician. Chapter 7-ish is where I'm at.

Could someone clarify the following for me?

Thanks in advance.

Pegasus knight is a female exclusive class, and yeah that's the downside to leveling. Dunno about the dlc.

EDIT: Sorry, assumed you were using a male avatar >.>

zroid

Banned
Oh really? Is this because if i wanted to return Grandmaster, I'd have to level up Tactician all the way back up again to then promote to Grandmaster?

In either case, thanks for the quick response!

Not necessarily, as once you've promoted your Peg Knight to Dark Flier, you could reclass to Grandmaster. You'd get Galeforce a tad quicker if you go to Peg Knight from Tactician, but you'd get your Grandmaster skills quite a bit slower. Chances are you're not particularly interested in the Peg Knight's skills either, so it's just one more unnecessary step.

Slermy

Pegasus knight is a female exclusive class, and yeah that's the downside to leveling. Dunno about the dlc.

EDIT: Sorry, assumed you were using a male avatar >.>

Haha, no worries. I just didn't care for the Male options this time around. Thanks for the response though.

Not necessarily, as once you've promoted your Peg Knight to Dark Flier, you could reclass to Grandmaster. You'd get Galeforce a tad quicker if you go to Peg Knight from Tactician, but you'd get your Grandmaster skills quite a bit slower. Chances are you're not particularly interested in the Peg Knight's skills either, so it's just one more unnecessary step.

Ah, yeah. No interest in grabbing the other Pegasus Knight skills, just really want Galeforce (though Bonds looks pretty cool from the Bride Class). Thanks again for the advice.

I asked this a bit earlier but no one responded--what do I do with all of my stat-boosting items? I'm having a hard time deciding whether they're more useful for making good stats great, or bad stats a bit better.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I asked this a bit earlier but no one responded--what do I do with all of my stat-boosting items? I'm having a hard time deciding whether they're more useful for making good stats great, or bad stats a bit better.

Bad stats better. Good stats generally means that character/class has good growths in that stat, Bad stats, the inverse of that. So to help pick up the slack I tend to use them on the weaker stats.

Tyeforce

Does anyone know if, after using a Second Seal to change
Walhart
's class, can you ever change him back into a
Conqueror
? I would assume so but I don't want to change his class until I know for sure...

Javier

why does waifu dlc cost more than dread fighter :(

Is it worth it? What weapons can brides swing. Do they have unique attack animations like dread fighter?
Brides wield Lances, Bows and Staffs. And their attack animations are beautiful. It's like they're dancing as they attack.

zroid

Banned
That's a pretty interesting repertoire

Brides should be fun to use

edit: just realized it complements the Dread Fighter perfectly. That's neat! An army of Dread Fighters and Brides would be amazing, lol.

Kincaido

Bride is awesome. Only letting myself have one though. Won't feel as special with a whole army of them =x

Just did Kjelle's paralogue and she got taken out before I could get to her. I'm playing on casual so I thought she'd be fine afterwards, but no, she's perma-dead. Oh well. I didn't particularly need her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom