• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a total shame there's no Wifi-play in this game. At least, some kind of wireless connectivity. I don't get many StreetPasses where I'm at, so I wish we could send teams to people on our friend lists or something.

olivia is such a weird character. shy dancer makes no sense... unless she's a pervert!

Fishing for compliments?

(Jk I love you Olivia)

Yeah, I was thinking Olivia, cause Dancer's not too great stat wise.

And again, Inigo should've been Dancer or something.

What, he can't just go dancing in the middle of a battlefield. He has a reputation to keep up! Think of how weird all his dialogue would be where he tries to cover up his dancing while he dances next to people.

What, he can't just go dancing in the middle of a battlefield. He has a reputation to keep up! Think of how weird all his dialogue would be where he tries to cover up his dancing while he dances next to people.

And Kjelle is supposed to be ass at riding horses according to her supports and yet she's a perfectly capable murder machine on one as soon as you get her so I don't see the problem.

Maybe he could distract everyone else with something while he dances I dunno.

And Kjelle is supposed to be ass at riding horses according to her supports and yet she's a perfectly capable murder machine on one as soon as you get her so I don't see the problem.

Maybe he could distract everyone else with something while he dances I dunno.

He'll probably distract everyone with the outfit he wears as a dancer.

Hmmm, who to make a bride. I was gonna make Cordelia one since she married my Robin, but I've instituted an all but official divorce between them. (They sleep in separate tents.)

And again, Inigo should've been Dancer or something.
I wish, he would of been interesting then.

PBalfredo

Man, Cynthia's A support with her father is a real downer.
She's trying to spend time with her family now, thinking that she'll be out of the picture once this timeline's Cynthia is born, since her parents in this timeline aren't her real parents. Worst part is, her father (Henry in my case) doesn't say anything to refute her idea; no "You'll always be my real daughter" etc. Compare this to how Chrom and his wife were instantly all hugs and reinsurance with Lucina

PK Gaming

Man, Cynthia's A support with her father is a real downer.
She's trying to spend time with her family now, thinking that she'll be out of the picture once this timeline's Cynthia is born, since her parents in this timeline aren't her real parents. Worst part is, her father (Henry in my case) doesn't say anything to refute her idea; no "You'll always be my real daughter" etc. Compare this to how Chrom and his wife were instantly all hugs and reinsurance with Lucina

Oh wow, way to go Henry (/sarcasm)

I seem to recall Chrom actually
crying in her A-support/trying to cheer her up.

I took a class on ancient Chinese history in college, and the professor explained that the court officials would be castrated. Because they could not desire the women of the court, they began to desire power and control over the region instead.

So that explains Excellus I guess.

I'm about halfway through the game on Hard/CLA and I think I must've offended the RNG gods today. So many enemy crits out of nowhere for a couple hours now. I had a lot of deaths going through the game on Normal/CLA with no resets, but now that I've learned the game fairly well I'm suddenly up against a lot of shit I have no control over.

Hopefully this clears up. I may have to build a shrine.

I started my first playthrough on hard/classic and got ravaged by the RNG gods from the outset. I knew things would never change so I restarted on casual before getting too far. No regrets. I doubt I'll ever touch classic mode except perhaps a "dead is dead" playthrough on normal difficulty. I don't get any pleasure out of it on higher difficulties.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Changing Lucina into a bride is weird.......... Even if she is my Avatar's partner.

I mean, her attire is so snappy and sharp, and fits her personality so well, that seeing her in any other class other than Lord/Great Lord is really weird.

I'm a little confused on how children inherit skills. I married Donnel to Nowi so Nah would get one of his skills, and she randomly got three, the one I wanted not being one of them. Is this luck of the draw, and is there any way to reset it? The skills she did get are rather disappointing.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm a little confused on how children inherit skills. I married Donnel to Nowi so Nah would get one of his skills, and she randomly got three, the one I wanted not being one of them. Is this luck of the draw, and is there any way to reset it? The skills she did get are rather disappointing.

There is no randomness involved.

Inherited skills --> whatever skills you put on the last slot on the Equip Skills menu on Daddy and Mommy.

The rest is the default skills for the class the child is in.

Love the new tag Kin.

That's golden.

I compared the maps of Shadow Dragon/Monsho no Nazo and Gaiden to the Awakening maps and there's some pretty interesting things going on.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/world.html
fe13map_full.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/fe3/world.html
akaneia.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/fe2/world.html
Barensia2.png

Some things I noticed is that Altea, Marth's island homeland, appears to be connected to the mainland now. It's also turned from an apparently lush island to a desert wasteland. I think the island of Talys is now either Mt. Prism or the Manor of Lost Souls. It also seems like the Kingdoms of Orleans and Khadein became east and west Ferox. Someone who's actually played Shadow Dragon (I just started) can correct me on that.

Valentia on the other hand is all over the place.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Thanks, though for once, I didn't draw it. It's part of an art trade with Extollere. Where I drew him Azusa and he drew Mio for me. One of the conditions was that we'd wear what each other drew as an avatar for at least a month, which really isn't that bad.

Ah, I actually thought it was your drawing haha. Both drawings look really great =)

That's golden.

I compared the maps of Shadow Dragon/Monsho no Nazo and Gaiden to the Awakening maps and there's some pretty interesting things going on.

Some things I noticed is that Altea, Marth's island homeland, appears to be connected to the mainland now. It's also turned from an apparently lush island to a desert wasteland. I think the island of Talys is now either Mt. Prism or the Manor of Lost Souls. It also seems like the Kingdoms of Orleans and Khadein became east and west Ferox. Someone who's actually played Shadow Dragon (I just started) can correct me on that.

Ferox used to be barbarian land, which is everything north of Khadein and Aurelis. It's possible those two nations were absorbed into Ferox though.

BTW, here's an artistic representation of Valentia, so you can see more clearly how similar it is to Valm.

Soulhouf

That's golden.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/world.html
fe13map_full.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/fe3/world.html
akaneia.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/fe2/world.html
Barensia2.png

That is mind blowing :O

That's golden.

Looks like Pangea's progression, really nice. Finally got the bride yesterday and also decided to use one of the Wireless characters, Lute's one of my favorites and it was quite disappointing to see her with really low stats.

Looks like Pangea's progression, really nice. Finally got the bride yesterday and also decided to use one of the Wireless characters, Lute's one of my favorites and it was quite disappointing to see her with really low stats.

I made a post several pages ago on how to use the Avatar Logbook to quickly max-stats SpotPass characters. But it seemed like no one noticed ):

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=50391432

Found it! SpotPass characters are basically avatar clones in terms of stats.

Changing Lucina into a bride is weird.......... Even if she is my Avatar's partner.

I mean, her attire is so snappy and sharp, and fits her personality so well, that seeing her in any other class other than Lord/Great Lord is really weird.
It's funny that when you change her to a Dark Knight, her hair goes back to being short.

Oxx

This wait for the european release has been one of the most excruciating for a long while.

Xenoblade's revenge.

Still, demo next week.

NeonZ

She starts with veteran though, so she should level up fairly quickly. Lute's base stats as a lvl17 mage here are actually almost identical to her averages as a lvl 17 mage in Sacred Stones.

http://serenesforest.net/fe8/average/lutes.html

(Awakening vs Sacred Stones)
HP 27 vs 24.2
Mag 16 (+2)vs 16
Skl 10 vs 10.8
Spd 14 vs 14.2
Luck 15 vs 15.2
Def 5 vs 5.4
Res 11 vs 11.1

Although I guess that's kind of weird considering how many other characters seem to have boosted stats here (see Marth). Eirika and other low level Sacred Stones characters seem to suffer from the same problem.

Slermy

So does the DLC fit together into a larger story? I picked up Smash 2 last night and it seemed like I was entering a story in progress. Are all of the DLCs released thus far part of the story, or only certain ones?

Frolow

Banned
I really like how the child characters were implemented in the story. My original thought was that they weren't going to make any sense story wise and just be "there" as an optional thing.

One question though: Viron, Gaius, Vaike, and Kellam have all died. Will I be missing out on any of the Child Paralogues due to their deaths?

zroid

Banned
One question though: Viron, Gaius, Vaike, and Kellam have all died. Will I be missing out on any of the Child Paralogues due to their deaths?

Well, I think you're not going to have enough fathers left to pair up all of the mothers, so unfortunately a couple children will have to be missed.

edit: I was assuming they weren't already married when they died, of course.

I really like how the child characters were implemented in the story. My original thought was that they weren't going to make any sense story wise and just be "there" as an optional thing.

Children are tied to mothers, not fathers (except Avatar and Chrom). So as long as the mothers are alive and have achieved an S-rank support you should get the kids, though they won't be able to support with their fathers. If those guys died without having married anyone, you may have a number of bachelorettes on hand who will never produce children for lack of a partner.

Frolow

Banned
Well, I think you're not going to have enough fathers left to pair up all of the mothers, so unfortunately a couple children will have to be missed.

edit: I was assuming they weren't already married when they died, of course.

Children are tied to mothers, not fathers (except Avatar and Chrom). So as long as the mothers are alive and have achieved an S-rank support you should get the kids, though they won't be able to support with their fathers. If those guys died without having married anyone, you may have a number of bachelorettes on hand who will never produce children for lack of a partner.

None of them were married when they died. And I'm hoping I have enough guys to go around in the end, but if I don't it's not that big of a deal since I plan on doing a second playthrough on normal anyway.

So does the DLC fit together into a larger story? I picked up Smash 2 last night and it seemed like I was entering a story in progress. Are all of the DLCs released thus far part of the story, or only certain ones?

There is an overarching theme for the DLC, but nothing major.

If you need an introduction, I recommend checking out Champions of Yore 1, the very first episode.

Basically the DLC involves Chrom and company saving the Outrealms (like parallel worlds), usually from phantoms of past Fire Emblem characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom