• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

If FE14 isn't a sequel to Awakening, or a completely different universe, I want to see a game about the backstory of the 12 undead heroes when they were still alive. Or at the very least someone should make an FE7 hack about the 12 undead heroes. They seem pretty cool.

You mean the Deadlords? The Infinite Regalia DLC suggests their identity pretty strongly in the battle conversations that take place when you use
Tiki and the children characters there. They talk about how the deadlords seem very familiar, and there are even some specific references to their identities. It seems heavily implied that they're Chrom and co from the original bad future transformed into Risen.

You mean the Deadlords? The Infinite Regalia DLC suggests their identity pretty strongly in the battle conversations that take place when you use
Tiki and the children characters there. They talk about how the deadlords seem very familiar, and there are even some specific references to their identities. It seems heavily implied that they're Chrom and co from the original bad future transformed into Risen.

Oh! I hadn't gotten around to that yet. Well dang.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Trying to..... get......... all the.......... support.........

Wondering how many hundreds hours....... I will need to........ give this game to achieve it.....

*takes breath*

Just finished my Lunatic playthrough. Female Morgan and Severa are so adorable!

Here were my pairings for my Lunatic playthrough:

Chrom x Olivia (I think Sumia is a better mother)
MU x Cordelia (awesome pairing)
Lon'qu x Lissa (better than Ricken, but meh)
Sumia x Gaius (bleh)
Vaike x Cherche (awesome pairing)
Nowi x Virion (did not use either much)
Kellam x Sully(both are strictly bench players as was Kjelle)
Henry x Panne (all benched)
Tharja x Frederick (meh)
Libra x Maribelle(maribelle was awesome as was brady but libra sucks)
Severa x Inigo
Cynthia x Gerome
Morgan x Brady
Lucina x Owain (pure bloodline!)

I cannot seem to be able to keep Miriel alive either on Hard or Lunatic.

Any suggestions for pairings on another Lunatic run or Lunatic+? Or is it time to check out monster hunter ultimate

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Trying to..... get......... all the.......... support.........

Wondering how many hundreds hours....... I will need to........ give this game to achieve it.....

*takes breath*

You don't really need hundreds of hours do you?

Just pick a lowbie map like Arena Ferox, stock up on boxes, stick only two pairs of units in there, each with a seed of truth, and kill dudes. You can probably do an average of 1 support convo per go, can't you? Probably like 3-4 convos per hour?

Unless you're trying to get all Romantic S supports I guess.

Just pick a lowbie map like Arena Ferox, stock up on boxes, stick only two pairs of units in there, each with a seed of truth, and kill dudes. You can probably do an average of 1 support convo per go, can't you? Probably like 3-4 convos per hour?

Don't forget all the possible parent-child supports and the potential siblings ones as well!

ultron87

Having a giant backlog of Streetpass teams from PAX is really sweet. My map is always super full. Some people's teams are just awesomely stacked.

You can really see the power of pairing when you can wreck teams that are much better than yours because of it.

Don't forget all the possible parent-child supports and the potential siblings ones as well!

I wouldn't think it would take too long to get all of the possible supports? If anything it should take no more than 2 separate files, unless there is something else I'm forgetting here.

EDIT: Oh, I guess for all of the possible combinations of Father supports might add to the complexity.

Croc

Banned
Ahhh someone help with Chapter 11. I need tips :(

I can make it pretty much to the end but I end up getting overwhelmed by the number of enemies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Of course S-level supports too.

Say, is there any place to buy Seeds of Truth? If there is, it will help *immensely*. I know Anna sometimes sells them, but her randomness is too... random to make it any help.

What's the most efficient map to ramp up support in terms of time investment/value?

And yes, the parent-child support/sibling will kill me if I am trying to get *every possible support for every character* which I am, hahahah... hahah... hahah.... *wipes blood*

I wouldn't think it would take too long to get all of the possible supports? If anything it should take no more than 2 separate files, unless there is something else I'm forgetting here.

EDIT: Oh, I guess for all of the possible combinations of Father supports might add to the complexity.

For one character, sure, but I am trying to get *all characters*. It will take some time, to be sure. Not to mention I am trying to record supports for Female Avatar too.

CorvoSol

Every time I come into this thread, it drives me more and more mad that I won't have this game in my hands until AT LEAST Wednesday of next week.

That said, how is the music in this game? Any tracks stand out in particular? I've only played Fire Emblem for the GBA (Rekka no Ken), which I'm running through again (will definitely be done before this gets here.) I'm also trying to get into Shadow Dragon so I can get to know Marth, but man, I'm not a fan of the face sprites in that game at all.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Every time I come into this thread, it drives me more and more mad that I won't have this game in my hands until AT LEAST Wednesday of next week.

That said, how is the music in this game? Any tracks stand out in particular? I've only played Fire Emblem for the GBA (Rekka no Ken), which I'm running through again (will definitely be done before this gets here.) I'm also trying to get into Shadow Dragon so I can get to know Marth, but man, I'm not a fan of the face sprites in that game at all.

Just skip Shadow Dragon. Drab, soulless, dry: I really really dislike that game. The story is very 100% cliche token good guy defeat bad guy anyways.

As for this game; fantastic tracks? Lots. Examples: Conquest (or Expedition) and the last battle theme are stand outs.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Geez, I guess some people are just masochists.

I'm sticking with romances and then support convos for parent/child/siblings on my initial playthrough and calling it there. For the rest I'll just look 'em up on sereneforest later or something.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

I don't think the music as a whole as is good as some have made it out to be, but there are some really good songs. Like the one that plays during chapter 10, and this one which plays during optional battles (I actually prefer that to the "blaze" version).

CorvoSol

One other question: I heard the SpotPass Characters don't have the artwork that the DLC characters do. Is this true? Because if so, that's a bit sad, since Lyn's art for this game is freaking amazing.

Just skip Shadow Dragon. Drab, soulless, dry: I really really dislike that game. The story is very 100% cliche token good guy defeat bad guy anyways.

As for this game; fantastic tracks? Lots. Examples: Conquest (or Expedition) and the last battle theme are stand outs.

Shouldn't I acquaint myself with this whole Marth thing, though? I mean, he's supposed to be a pretty important character in Fire Emblem, isn't he?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
One other question: I heard the SpotPass Characters don't have the artwork that the DLC characters do. Is this true? Because if so, that's a bit sad, since Lyn's art for this game is freaking amazing.

Shouldn't I acquaint myself with this whole Marth thing, though? I mean, he's supposed to be a pretty important character in Fire Emblem, isn't he?

Marth is kinda referenced in this game, it's not really important. If you know he is a protagonist from an old game you know enough for it to make sense (and the game basically tells you that much anyway).

And the spotpass characters use their original artwork. The paid DLC characters use the new artwork.

CorvoSol

Marth is kinda referenced in this game, it's not really important. If you know he is a protagonist from an old game you know enough for it to make sense.

And the spotpass characters use their original artwork. The paid DLC characters use the new artwork.

What are all the differences between SpotPass and DLC characters?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

My recommendation if you want to get involved in Marth's story? Just play Fire Emblem 12, the fan translation is incredible and it's already 100% complete. It also introduced the Avatar element for FE 13. It chronicled his journey after the events in Shadow Dragon's story, and by playing through it you can get an idea about his previous journey without having to suffer through that soulless game.

12 was a much, much superior game.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What are all the differences between SpotPass and DLC characters?

Apart from the artwork, nothing as far as I know. They have the same stat caps and presumably growths too, and all DLC/spotpass characters can change to any class, except gender-specific ones and special classes.

485059_421319561286480_394901892_n.jpg

Hnnng I love my wife and boy.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The chapter 21 scene is pretty weak after already experiencing it the 1st time with no relation to Lucina.

Thank goodness I chose her for my 1st walkthrough then :)

Only one downside however: it will be hard not to pick her again even if it's just because of me missing how she reacts in that one scene *sigh*

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm just starting the game. What difficulty should I play? I was just thinking about doing Normal and Casual.

Should I fret at all about Assets and Flaws for my characters?

I'm pissed I missed the free DLC. My first shipped copy was stolen and the game being back ordered didn't help.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm just starting the game. What difficulty should I play? I was just thinking about doing Normal and Casual.

Should I fret at all about Assets and Flaws for my characters?

I'm pissed I missed the free DLC. My first shipped copy was stolen and the game being back ordered didn't help.

I recommend Normal & classic if you are new to the series.

Assets and Flaws are important yes, they determine the growth and stat caps for your avatar. But if you are playing on normal just choose whatever you like. On harder difficulties Speed as Asset and Luck as Flaw is recommended.

And if it makes you feel any better, the free DLC is very, very short (like, 5 minutes short) and comprised of only very weak enemies so don't be too upset missing it being offered free.

Javier

Apart from the artwork, nothing as far as I know. They have the same stat caps and presumably growths too, and all DLC/spotpass characters can change to any class, except gender-specific ones and special classes.
They also all have an extra skill their SpotPass counterpart doesn't (DLC Marth has Aptitude, DLC Micaiah has Shadowgift, DLC Seliph has Galeforce, etc.)

Am I the only one who dislikes DLC Roy's art? I mean, I love the artstyle when it was used in The Last Story (DLC Roy shares the same artist) but it's so jarring next to the other characters.

DlcRoyKakusei.jpg

Vs.
Roy.jpg

Also he looks too dang old. Roy's only 15 years old. I'm most likely going to use his SpotPass version over his DLC version just because of the art. I don't really care for Dual Attack+, I'm just gonna give him Ignis so it's like he's got the Sword of Seals.

Soulhouf

Am I the only one who dislikes DLC Roy's art? I mean, I love the artstyle when it was used in The Last Story (DLC Roy shares the same artist) but it's so jarring next to the other characters.

DlcRoyKakusei.jpg

Vs.
Roy.jpg

Also he looks too dang old. Roy's only 15 years old. I'm most likely going to use his SpotPass version over his DLC version just because of the art. I don't really care for Dual Attack+, I'm just gonna give him Ignis so it's like he's got the Sword of Seals.

Yeah I don't like that art either but the ugliest ones are by far Elincia and Micaiah. They are abomination and shouldn't exist.
I respect the fact that they chose various artists for the old characters but some of them are completely out.

My favorite guest art are Alm:

and Leif:

Tom_Cody

As I'm heading into the end-game (and post-game) I'm starting to establish which characters I want to really focus on.

Related to this, is there any way to harvest Dragonstone+ and Beaststone+. I wed my avatar to Tiki but I don't see myself really using their Morgan if I'm not going to be able to get more Dragonstone+.

Draxal

I would agree if it were not for this abomination:

Ok, it's only the eyes. But they eyes are destorying the whole image!

Ike's still worse than Seliphs, as is Micaih and Elincia. Katarina (it's cheating because the same artist) and Ephraim are easily the best.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I recommend Normal & classic if you are new to the series.

Assets and Flaws are important yes, they determine the growth and stat caps for your avatar. But if you are playing on normal just choose whatever you like. On harder difficulties Speed as Asset and Luck as Flaw is recommended.

And if it makes you feel any better, the free DLC is very, very short (like, 5 minutes short) and comprised of only very weak enemies so don't be too upset missing it being offered free.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom