• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving this game, really broke my post-P4G blues. It's my first FE game, so I'm not totally familiar with the mechanics, specifically how equipment works.

When Im shopping or find new gear, how can I tell if my character stats improve? Also, where do I look to see what gear hits harder than others? I've tried some gear which seems to have higher stats but seems to hit weaker.

Also, I'm playing normal and classic thinking that I would appreciate the characters more if they could be perma-killed, but I'm regretting that decision. Can I change to casual now or do I need to restart.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
A dual-wielding Gary Stu? Kk. IS get on that shit!

Wait... you meant all the girls flock to him like a fucking chick magnet?
I most certainly meant both. Batman, Superman, and Casanova in one.

Harhar.. Yeah. She's a loser much like Florina (FE7)~! xD ...
The fact that she
is Chrom's "story canon" bride
makes her even a little less likeable still!
But.. lots of people love Florina, so who am I to judge? >___> (still going to judge, though!)
I don't like her! She hits on every single aspect of some female anime character tropes I don't like. Uuuuuuuuugh. No thanks.

Kazerei

Banned
I just reached chapter 10. The game has really picked up. I'm at the point where I'm starting to wonder about classes and skills. Hmm, what to do...

Chrom

Anyhow~ I seem to have reached the level cap of my avatar unit. Is there any particularly good class to switch her to, or should I just advance her into a Grandmaster?

You could manage with any class really, I think it's just up to preference.

When Im shopping or find new gear, how can I tell if my character stats improve? Also, where do I look to see what gear hits harder than others? I've tried some gear which seems to have higher stats but seems to hit weaker.

Also, I'm playing normal and classic thinking that I would appreciate the characters more if they could be perma-killed, but I'm regretting that decision. Can I change to casual now or do I need to restart.

Most weapons don't actually improve character stats. There are just weapons that hit harder than others. The Mt (Might) number represents that weapon's power, and you can see that as you're viewing a shop or right in your inventory if you view its description.

You can not switch between Classic and Casual after you begin the game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
How do people feel about Lightning Speed (the skill)? Like it seems fine on Lunatic (because enemies feel faster on this difficulty) at the moment, but how does it feel on lower difficulties?

OceanBlue

You have more willpower than me. Knowing you have less risk would have an impact on me, even if I swore I'd play 'like usual'. So what was your point about saving being more important than lack of perma death? Seems like they're basically along the same lines. That was your original point.

Ah, to be honest, it's because I'm not a hardcore player so I stick to hard instead of going to difficulties like lunatic. That gives me enough leeway to use characters I like, and I hate seeing them die and miss out on experience. I was just saying that abusing saving seems worse than abusing non-permadeath to me. Yoshirider is right though, you can eventually get broken characters regardless.

Chrom

How do people feel about Lightning Speed (the skill)? Like it seems fine on Lunatic (because enemies feel faster on this difficulty) at the moment, but how does it feel on lower difficulties?

I wouldn't know from personal experience but I imagine it'd still have some decent convenience on Normal or Hard.

It's called Galeforce now, by the way.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

zroid

Banned
ffvjwj6.png

So I heard about the Canada street date-breaking shenanigans and thought it wouldn't hurt to try GameStop in Salt Lake City, at the very least to preorder the game for the art book.

Clerk said to me, "Sorry man, you're like the 6th guy I've had to tell that we don't have any more preorders." So then I asked, "Alright then, do you guys have any copies of Xenoblade for Wii?" and got a swift no to that.

The other clerk saw I was pretty bummed and said to me, "Hey, as a consolation prize, you can have this:" and he hands me the art book for free

mission accomplished gamestop redeemed

Moonlight

Banned
Well, decided to roll back a save and dump my S-Rank with Lissa. Didn't cost me much, as I only finished a random encounter, but I wasn't very satisfied with it. Seems like there's gonna be some far better options up the road, anyways.

So I heard about the Canada street date-breaking shenanigans and thought it wouldn't hurt to try GameStop in Salt Lake City, at the very least to preorder the game for the art book.

Clerk said to me, "Sorry man, you're like the 6th guy I've had to tell that we don't have any more preorders." So then I asked, "Alright then, do you guys have any copies of Xenoblade for Wii?" and got a swift no to that.

The other clerk saw I was pretty bummed and said to me, "Hey, as a consolation prize, you can have this:" and he hands me the art book for free

mission accomplished gamestop redeemed
That's awesome! I tried the same thing with the GameStop in Riverdale, no more preorders there either. :(

I already have a preorder, but the place isn't getting the game until tuesday. It's only an extra day, right? ;_;

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I just reached chapter 10. The game has really picked up. I'm at the point where I'm starting to wonder about classes and skills. Hmm, what to do...

I just got to Chapter 9.
Libra the WAR MONK wielding an axe. Best combination ever.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
How are people getting the games so early :/

Suddenly I wonder if this would be the case for Pokemon XY where there'd be people who broke release date D:

How are people getting the games so early :/

Suddenly I wonder if this would be the case for Pokemon XY where there'd be people who broke release date D:

Uh from what I read, basically there was a goof by Nintendo Canada and Gamestop Canada where there wasn't a street date on the game. So stores started to sell it early before Nintendo put a stop onto that.

I suspect Nintendo will be crazy strict on Pokemon XY though.

Loving this game, really broke my post-P4G blues. It's my first FE game, so I'm not totally familiar with the mechanics, specifically how equipment works.

Yeah, weapons in Fire Emblem are super simple. There's no equipment that you wear, like in most RPGs. The only things that factor in are the unit's stats, and the weapon stats, and you can see the weapon stats when you shop.

All you need to know is that Iron is the weakest, then Steel, then Silver. They usually decrease in accuracy, but in some games Silver has better accuracy than Steel. Not this one though. Killer weapons are not that strong but have a high crit rate. Brave weapons hit twice. But the better a weapon is, the less uses it has. That's all! You can press some button to describe everything on the screen, if you want to see the weapon stats.

Sora_N

How does forging work, if someone doesn't mind helping me out a bit. I added some Crit/Hit to some of the weapons but what's Mt?

McNum

In most Fire Emblems, it's usually a good idea to carry a weaker weapon along your super weapons. Like if you have a Brave Axe, you really want to conserve that until you need something to die NOW. So bring a Steel or two along to use on the riff-raff. Maybe even an Iron if you're helping feed kills to a weaker unit.

Koodo

Banned
How does forging work, if someone doesn't mind helping me out a bit. I added some Crit/Hit to some of the weapons but what's Mt?
I'd like to know more about forging, too. I'm having a hard time justifying the cost if the damn weapon is going to eventually break, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom