• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's not that I don't like Panne, I just have like, 40 characters. She can't be used all the time.

You switching in switching out? It's best to focus all the exp to a core group of people instead of spreading it out. And Panne just happens to be one of the best characters that you can depend on to be a part of that focused groups.

Hmm, it is also pretty much agreed by many that she is the best character to have in a Lunatic gameplay (barring excessive use of DLC maps/grinding, of course.)

I don't expect to use Nowi or Panne very often, should I just collect Nah and Yarne, then? Characters won't seem very useful to me if I never, you know, see them.
I'd suggest getting all the characters, even if you don't plan to use them. You might change your mind.

Personally, Yarne and Nah are the two kids I use the most. (Their missions are awesome too.)

ffdgh

assassin panne....soo good <3
Nah is a tank...even more so with kellam as a father.
Yarne is a physical monster...tho he has robin as a father this time so yeah.

Mwahahaha, I just finished Yarne‘s map (staying in the forest 90% of the time was a good idea). Now, my fluffy family of death is finally complete >:D

Anyways, as soon as he hits lv15 Yarne is probably changing class. Right now he has Lethality and Deliverer, what should I get him?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Mwahahaha, I just finished Yarne‘s map (staying in the forest 90% of the time was a good idea). Now, my fluffy family of death is finally complete >:D

Anyways, as soon as he hits lv15 Yarne is probably changing class. Right now he has Lethality and Deliverer, what should I get him?

Whose the dad?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
He&#8216;s my fluffy son :T

Just pick anything strength related and he should be fine. Dread Fighter's aggressor is a good choice (then again, it is a good choice for all male, heh)

No amount of stats can surmount the eternal burden of your sins.

Yeah, damn, Kellam deserves someone like Cordelia or Olivia or Cherche, not Nowi! :p

Roughly seven hours before
Aversa
/Limit Breaker/Binding Blade.

This is gonna be good.

Eh eh eh we will get another DLC too at the same time as Spotpass content?

Huhhhhh.

Dantis

Hey guys, how long is this game? It comes out here next week, but I'm not sure whether to buy it or rent it.

An assume I'm not a completionist when you answer. ;)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hey guys, how long is this game? It comes out here next week, but I'm not sure whether to buy it or rent it.

An assume I'm not a completionist when you answer. ;)

Buy it buy it.

Hmmm, around 20-25 hours is a good guess. Even if you are not a completionist, there are lots of stuff to do.

Tom_Cody

Vantage + Vengueance + Miracle = HOLY SHIT
Yes, but you're talking 3 skill slots and those are all essentially defensive.

I guess that sort of character could be useful if you're looking for a unit to just toss into enemy territory. If you're going that route, you might as well add Renewal (Recover 30% HP at the start of the user's Turn) too. And Wrath (Critical +20 when under half HP) would be nice as well.

Actually, now I really want to make a character like this on a future play through.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, but you're talking 3 skill slots and those are all essentially defensive.

I guess that sort of character could be useful if you're looking for a unit to just toss into enemy territory. If you're going that route, you might as well add Renewal (Recover 30% HP at the start of the user's Turn) too. And Wrath (Critical +20 when under half HP) would be nice as well.

Actually, now I really want to make a character like this on a future play through.

Renewal defeats the purpose since you don't want to increase your HP, ideally with the extra damage from Vengeance you'll be one shotting anything before it can touch you, thanks to Vantage. You definitely need a 1-2 weapon on the character so they can't get picked off though.

And yeah, Wrath combos well with that too.

Tom_Cody

I recruited my first few children without really being aware of skill inheritance and of course I regret it. It took me a while to come to better understand the game's systems and eventually plan the courses for the other parents to get the desired skills. Over the last few days I have been harvesting those skills and I am just now starting to recruit the children who have been properly bred.

What a sense of satisfaction! I love this game more and more as I spend more time with it. This intense enjoyment actually makes me sort of annoyed that this hasn't become a crossover hit.

Does anyone know how this has sold relative to other installments in the series? Was there a clear sales leader prior to this that it could aim to beat?

Wow, what a scattered post?!

Tom_Cody

Renewal defeats the purpose since you don't want to increase your HP, ideally with the extra damage from Vengeance you'll be one shotting anything before it can touch you, thanks to Vantage. You definitely need a 1-2 weapon on the character so they can't get picked off though.

And yeah, Wrath combos well with that too.
That makes sense.

Draxal

I recruited my first few children without really being aware of skill inheritance and of course I regret it. It took me a while to come to better understand the game's systems and eventually plan the courses for the other parents to get the desired skills. Over the last few days I have been harvesting those skills and I am just now starting to recruit the children who have been properly bred.

What a sense of satisfaction! I love this game more and more as I spend more time with it. This intense enjoyment actually makes me sort of annoyed that this hasn't become a crossover hit.

Does anyone know how this has sold relative to other installments in the series? Was there a clear sales leader prior to this that it could aim to beat?

Wow, what a scattered post?!

This one is going to be top in the world due to really really strong Japanese numbers, third in Japan besides FE3/4 (which never got released here), the skill inheritance/children system is based off 4 which I think is Japan's favorite game (they like it for the shipping more than the actual gameplay).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This one is going to be top in the world due to really really strong Japanese numbers, third in Japan besides FE3/4 (which never got released here), the skill inheritance/children system is based off 4 which I think is Japan's favorite game (they like it for the shipping more than the actual gameplay).

I can see that being the case here too. :lol Especially based on this topic.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I'm a huge sucker for games that allow the main character to get with someome. Although, I'm sure that's pretty obvious at this point =P

Chrom

I'm pretty sure this game outsold FE4 in Japan.

Chrom

In addition to Rogues and Redeemers 3, two more items are available for purchase.

The Challenge Pack ($6.50), containing Death's Embrace ($3.00), Five-Anna Firefight, and Roster Rescue, as well as Death's Embrace as a standalone DLC.

Note that this pack doesn't include The Strongest One's Name.

Mr. Fix

In addition to Rogues and Redeemers 3, two more items are available for purchase.

The Challenge Pack ($6.50), containing Death's Embrace ($3.00), Five-Anna Firefight, and Roster Rescue, as well as Death's Embrace as a standalone DLC.

Well that's assuring. We'll probably get the support dlc sooner than I thought.

Sleepless night, here's a more appropriate reaction:

ihf7lpi7dx.gif

I have a feeling The Strongest One's Name (or whatever it's localized name is) will be the final DLC, like it is in Japan.

As great news as this is, I kinda wanted the ones about character interactions first tbh...

I love my Sorceror family. Just finished dropping units left and right with those four.

I did have to make sure to Mire Linus (Counter) and Jaffar (Lethality) just in case nothing bad happens.

Think I'll hold off buying the Challenge maps until later. Because while the challenge is enticing, I'm just not a big fan of having Est as a reward.

Holy crap. I think Aversa's map is the toughest one I've done -- I really shouldn't have brought my maxed-out Limit Breaker'd units :p

Edit: All of these new maps are kicking my butt. Ike's Limit Breaker map is a cakewalk on repeats, though.

Also wow, I've now spent more on the DLC than the actual game now.

I haven't read anything really official, Nintendo says Seisen is the best selling game in the series, but people think 3 outsold 4. Awakening sold really well, but I still think those two outsold it in Japan.

3 definitely outsold 4. It's clear from the sales figures (776K vs nearly 500K).

According to Media Create, Awakening has sold at least 450K. People generally think it's sold over 500K, but at the moment, it depends if the bundle sales are included in the 450K or not.

I've been attempting the Wellspring of Truth with Chrom + Max-Stats Lyn, equipped with Armsthrift and a Superior Sword. So far that's been going well -- but I have no idea how to recruit or keep
Aversa
safe

I've been attempting the Wellspring of Truth with Chrom + Max-Stats Lyn, equipped with Armsthrift and a Superior Sword. So far that's been going well -- but I have no idea how to recruit or keep
Aversa
safe

I can help with one problem.

You recruit her by keeping her safe till the chapter's end : P

ffdgh

I feel....dirty soloing the map with chrom/robin. Those poor healers and weak archers XD.

I'll attempt to beat it normally...eventually lol.

Has anyone else besides me bought the Challenge Maps just for the hell of it? I gotta go add more funds again later on for any additional DLC (if they're coming).

Has anyone else besides me bought the Challenge Maps just for the hell of it? I gotta go add more funds again later on for any additional DLC (if they're coming).

I hope to eventually beat them lol

gah I hate Paralogue 22, my characters are too flippin strong

Edit: lol finally found a use for all my unused weakling story units

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Rift Door! Now to save it until I can use it on one of the last couple chapters for 3x stat boosting items or a hammerne staff.

And on the same map I got a reeking box. It's a shame you can't force double enemy summons or merchant+enemies on the map for extra rewards.

Draxal

Rift Door! Now to save it until I can use it on one of the last couple chapters for 3x stat boosting items or a hammerne staff.

And on the same map I got a reeking box. It's a shame you can't force double enemy summons or merchant+enemies on the map for extra rewards.

I love street passes with rift doors and using it on the penultimate chapter for that very reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom