• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aversa must have met those idiot villagers at some point because she kept trying to kill herself by going after Tharja's double.

Luckily, Brady was there with a full set of Rescue staffs to stop her everytime she tried to "help".

Draxal

Game is coming in tomorrow from GameFly.

Never played a FE game before. Any tips? Any FAQs to read?

I would start on either normal or hard, hard's a little bit frustrating at first but the difficulty tapers off, newcomers have complained about normal being too easy.

Casual/Classic is a matter of choice, either is fine. Classic is more authentic, Casual is much more convenient. If you were to start off with hard, I would definitely recommend using casual mode.

The children takes planning on to maximize their skills/class choices. Either wing it or plan it ahead.

Most of the characters are gifted to you in this game, but there are some enemies you have to talk to with Chrom to get them to join your side, the game makes it pretty obvious who those 2 are.

Chrom

Most of the characters are gifted to you in this game, but there are some enemies you have to talk to with Chrom to get them to join your side, the game makes it pretty obvious who those 2 are.

At least three enemies are recruitable, I thought.

Tom_Cody

Game is coming in tomorrow from GameFly.

Never played a FE game before. Any tips? Any FAQs to read?
-I strongly recommend that you play on hard/casual. I had never played a FE before either and hard feels just right. Casual means that your characters don't permanently die if they fall in combat.

-Also, be aware that most chapters (at least for the first third of the game) have recruitable characters. Each chapter starts with an opening cinematic and the recruitable character will have some amount of dialog to indicate as much. Talk to characters with Chrom (or sometimes other characters) to recruit them.

-This is probably a weird/minor comment but I kind of botched the design of my avatar during character creation. By that I mean he is ugly. This has continued to annoy me as the game has gone on.

Est why are all your skills useless to me

Finally beat Death's Embrace with Celica equipped with her personal tome, Vengeance/Vantage and Bowbreaker for those flipping Longbows. Even with all that, it took me like 10 tries :I

aKpxRFe.jpg
I love this chica, she's so useful with Rightful King.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Finally home to play the new maps. 20 units usable. This is gonna be fun. Giving my first limit breaker to Cordelia <3

Lusankya

Est why are all your skills useless to me

Finally beat Death's Embrace with Celica equipped with her personal tome, Vengeance/Vantage and Bowbreaker for those flipping Longbows. Even with all that, it took me like 10 tries :I

I love this chica, she's so useful with Rightful King.

Oh, didn't know Celica can be a Grandmaster. What is her class set?

Link Man

Banned
Yeah, I got a rude awakening when I got Donny up to lvl 20 as a hero. Wanted to make him a Great Knight, but it's not available to him.

Bow Knight it is.

Xeno_V

I just beat chapter 15 (I am playing on hard mode) and I have to say that after chapters 9-10 or so, the game became way easier. Will things change after a while, or will it be like this from now on?

I just beat chapter 15 (I am playing on hard mode) and I have to say that after chapters 9-10 or so, the game became way easier. Will things change after a while, or will it be like this from now on?

There pretty much comes a point when your characters can tank or avoid everything when paired up and the only thing you really have to worry about is stuff like wind/bows against your flying units.

Unai

Damn it, I'm so tempted to look at some videos of people playing chapter 2 in lunatic, but I then I think it will be much more rewarding if I beat it by myself.

I don't think I will ever play Lunatic+.

Beat this on normal mode, onto hard. I loved it, and honestly I think I'm enjoying it even more now that I'm playing on hard. Having to think about literally every single move I make, knowing that the slightest mistake can fuck me up, makes the feeling of victory so much greater. It's a lot more time consuming which can be sucky considering my pretty busy schedule, but on days like today where I have the time to play make the game very rewarding to go through.

I've been losing more units and tending not to care if someone dies that isn't necessarily essential to beating the game with, but the way I see it, in Hard mode I'm just trying to keep my best men alive and shouldn't flip out when a low-level character who I know won't be very helpful for long winds up dying.

Great game.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
The former, only pair up bonuses can exceed the caps iirc.

Permanent boosts cannot, but I believe temporary boosts such as the tonics can actually take you over caps. Never really used them though, so not sure.

Ugh, running through Rogues 3 for a decent amount of limit breaks (got 4 down so far, Chrom, Avatar, Lucina, and Morgan) and while it feels good to see 3+ skill ups again instead of 0/1, I'm having to micro-manage breaking weapons at this point.

Almost wondering if it's more worth it to second seal anyone who can class change to a mercendary, use paragon + the zombie map to get armsthrift, then never worry about breaking anything again.

Also, Brady is by far my worst kid at this point. Level 8 Warrior and 32 speed :( Probably doesn't help that I just threw Maribelle with Vaike, lol.

Javier

So I married the last SpotPass character in my Hard Mode quick playthrough. Spoilers for the S-Support for that character and the Avatar.

If you're familiar with Aversa's confession scene from the Japanese version, it's still completely uncensored.

Kincaido

Yeah, Nah is hella good. Tiki is still my favorite though <3

So I married the last SpotPass character in my Hard Mode quick playthrough. Spoilers for the S-Support for that character and the Avatar.

If you're familiar with Aversa's confession scene from the Japanese version, it's still completely uncensored.

Ah, that's great news. Might marry her in a future play through for dat Shadowgift.

Bladenic

What does she say?

Kincaido

Not in what it says but the CG itself.

Also, artbook finally get. This is probably one of the most impressive artbooks I have ever seen for a game. My only complaint is that it is missing the beach/hot spring CGs.

Yeah, I was disappointed about that too =(

ohlawd

After my month or so hiatus from the game, I tried the new spotpass, Rogue maps, and challenge map...

i0LiGd9tfl08X.gif

I stank.

This guy just wanted everyone to be hyped as fuck :(

I'll try out the new stuff later but I did buy the Challenge pack. Feels good giving IntSys all my money :3

Chrom

Not in what it says but the CG itself.

Also, artbook finally get. This is probably one of the most impressive artbooks I have ever seen for a game. My only complaint is that it is missing the beach/hot spring CGs.

Knights of Iris? Nice. It doesn't have the CGs from Future of Despair either, but I think the OST has those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom