• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who sees Urd from Ah My Goddess in Aversa
Kawapaper_Ah_Megamisama_0000065_2560x1600.jpg

PK Gaming

Est why are all your skills useless to me

Finally beat Death's Embrace with Celica equipped with her personal tome, Vengeance/Vantage and Bowbreaker for those flipping Longbows. Even with all that, it took me like 10 tries :I

I love this chica, she's so useful with Rightful King.

celica with celica's gale might just be the best offensive unit in the game imo

McNum

What gender-exclusive skills are worth passing down, anyway?

I mean, I've seen people recommend Galeforce which is from... Dark Flier? But what skills should the male characters look for?

Also just one week until the EU release now. Beginning to feel a little hype for it now.

Chrom

I mean, I've seen people recommend Galeforce which is from... Dark Flier? But what skills should the male characters look for?

Also just one week until the EU release now. Beginning to feel a little hype for it now.

Galeforce is from Dark Flier and is a very good skill, yeah.

The male-exclusive skills aren't as good to worry about inheritance in comparison, I think. If you must, I'd say go for Axefaire.

Females also get Dual Support+ from Valkyries which is pretty great and would be a staple if Galeforce wasn't a thing.

Males uh get Counter. Though, if the dad only has the Fighter class and can't be a Merc, then Sol or Axebreaker becomes a gender exclusive class.
People be crazy.

Can't wait for Palla and Katarina to come out for DLC. Then everyone will have proper rally bots.

Well this is what you can do now since they aren't out!

Are they voiced and do they have supports?
What a shame.

No supports but female DLC characters and probably SpotPass ones are voiced in the Japanese voices.

CSX

For those having trouble fighting against
yourself
in the new prolouge, here's a few strats.

Note that if you're playing on Casual I suggest just let everyone duke it out but make sure Chrom and Avatar stay alive in the end. It be like an epic war going on :)

Strat A

First do not just have Chrom + his wife in the party in the battle to try to have an easy short battle abusing Pair Up. The game will instead make duplicates to fill the enemy roster.

You need to take advantage of three things : Skills, Weapons , Pair Up.

The game will copy only stats and skills. The weapon levels will only be at B and weapons will be silvers (or B level equilavent magic) along with strongest ranged version of the weapons(Tomahawk and Spear).

Thus you need to take advantage of this. Have all your units be equipped with legendaries or Brave weapons. If you're bringing it a lot of mounted/armor units, then bring in the hammers, beast killers, rexcalibur, etc. For an added advantage, you can also forge them.

Next step is to prevent any chances for the RNG Goddess to screw you over. That means removing skills such as "Lethality" "Astra" "Vengenance" and maybe even "Counter" before starting the battle. If you can, replace them with skills that ONLY you can take advantage of such as Dual Guard+ Dual Support+ or hell Lifetaker.

Rest is play smart. Take advantage of Pair Up and keep your healer(s) in the back. Have everyone get 1 elixir for extra security. You should do fine :)

Now here's Strategy B ie the Spotpass Strat

This is for people like me who dont really use or care about Spotpass characters. Recruit a bunch of crappy Spotpass characters but make sure at least one or two can use Physics. They will be your healers in the back.

Once you got that, Start the chapter with Chrom + wife + 1 or 2 Spotpass healers + rest crappy Spotpass units.

Send out all the crappy spotpass characters in the front as fodder. If you're rich, you can give them weapons to make it easier. Make sure the healer(s) stay in the back. Have your Chrom+wife pair up and focus on destroying your two toughest enemies first as a paired up unit. Voila.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
That new map certainly is something. Enjoyed it a lot. Was kinda scared to fight certain units =x

That new map certainly is something. Enjoyed it a lot. Was kinda scared to fight certain units =x

It's understanding having to fight against your waifu.

More artbook gushing:

Seeing the concept art is really cool especially since it shows what could have been for the characters.

Like Gangrel wearing the Trickster's hat.

Or Basilio with hair.

Or Virion wearing a nobleman's wig.

Or Sully having straight hair.

Or Gaius looking more serious.

Or Libra looking like a nun.

Or Kjelle could have started as a Myrmidom instead of a Knight.

I also noticed it basically doesn't have any of the Season 2 DLC stuff though, like the 4 DLC character arts.

It's understanding having to fight against your waifu.

More artbook gushing:

Seeing the concept art is really cool especially since it shows what could have been for the characters.

Like Gangrel wearing the Trickster's hat.

Or Basilio with hair.

Or Virion wearing a nobleman's wig.

Or Sully having straight hair.

Or Gaius looking more serious.

Or Libra looking like a nun.

Or Kjelle could have started as a Myrmidom instead of a Knight.

I also noticed it basically doesn't have any of the Season 2 DLC stuff though, like the 4 DLC character arts.

I like a lot of the concept arts more than the final products (like Lissa with long hair) but I feel that a lot of the final designs do fit the characters better.

Alternatively the next Fire Emblem can allow us to customize our characters lol

Do people actually bother using story characters as their rally bots? The DLC characters are there for a reason!
I'm not gonna using any legacy characters in my team at all, so my Morgan is gonna a rally bot. (I know there are better uses for her, but I like the idea of her cheering for everyone.)

Moonlight

Banned
I'm not gonna using any legacy characters in my team at all, so my Morgan is gonna a rally bot. (I know there are better uses for her, but I like the idea of her cheering for everyone.)
...dang, you may have just sold me on turning Morgan into a rally bot. The little image in my head is kind of adorable.

That does sound all kinds of adorable. Too bad Male Morgan is unable to be as good as a rally bot as Female Morgan.

I'm glad they are releasing the second wave of DLC already, it's what I've been waiting for. (Dat canon character development!)

Can I let myself hope for the fabled third wave?!?!

...dang, you may have just sold me on turning Morgan into a rally bot. The little image in my head is kind of adorable.
She's so cheerful and friendly, so I think is suits her perfectly. Plus, now she can hang back and dig new pitfalls/plot killer stratagem.

Draxal

I'm glad they are releasing the second wave of DLC already, it's what I've been waiting for. (Dat canon character development!)

Can I let myself hope for the fabled third wave?!?!

That interview with the fire emblem developers pretty much killed what small faint hope there was (it was pre american release, but the american release isn't going to change anything).

CorvoSol

Tomorrow I have a long bus ride in which I will invariably screw up all my characters. Oh well, first playthroughs aren't for getting it right anyway.

I was not expecting
Aversa's
backstory to be so tragic. :(

That interview with the fire emblem developers pretty much killed what small faint hope there was (it was pre american release, but the american release isn't going to change anything).
I'm hoping that the success of the US release will change that. I can't imagine that it costs very much for them to produce new maps since they have all the assets already.

Nintendo is probably rolling in that DLC cash flow. I think one more wave with the content geared towards the North American (and PAL) fan base's taste in characters would be worth it. (Some legacy characters by western artists would be pretty cool too.) Also, I just don't want this game to end.

Lusankya

Tomorrow I have a long bus ride in which I will invariably screw up all my characters. Oh well, first playthroughs aren't for getting it right anyway.

My first playthrough will be just for fun. Just playing through the campaign on hard/classic, without using any kind of DL or spotpass content. All the subsequent playthroughs will be serious business, though, abusing any and all DLC.

Hell no (ノ`Д´)ノ
Have you seen some of the DLC art? I'm sure they could find some artists that could contribute something a bit better than RoboIke and MoeMicaiah.

Though, legacy characters in general don't interest me nearly as much as more character development for the canon characters, and maybe a few more male swimsuit pin-ups.

Tom_Cody

I am embarrassed to ask this, but what are the green 'plus' bonues next to your normal stat numbers. They seem to be related to classes (Manketes and Taguels seem to have the highest bonuses) but they seem to vary between characters. Additionally I can't understand why there would be class bonuses with classes have stat caps.

I am confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom