• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Does pair up increase relationships? I don't see hearts and Chrom and Cordelia haven't even reached C rank even though I've paired them so much.

I wish my dark Mage avatar had a better costume. It looks like I just came from an S&M club.

Does pair up increase relationships? I don't see hearts and Chrom and Cordelia haven't even reached C rank even though I've paired them so much.

I wish my dark Mage avatar had a better costume. It looks like I just came from an S&M club.

Yes, but Chrom and Cordelia aren't support partners.

NeonZ

What does that mean exactly?

Have you looked at the support list in the menu? You can only improve relationships with characters that are in the list. Cordelia isn't in Chrom's support list, so you can't improve his relationship with her.

CSX

What does that mean exactly?

A lot of people here seemed to have ditched Vaike but I like him. I turned him into a barbarian and he's got a lot of health.

That means there is no Support for that pair meaning no Rank C,B,A,S. This also means that they can't marry.

Only your Avatar can support with everyone

Edit : Beaten but yea check the support list.

OK, I'm about to use some seals to promote party members, but I have a question:

Very early game spoiler:
So if the opening apparently shows the player avatar killing Chrom, would I be wasting a seal using one on him?

Chromie

Banned
OK, I'm about to use some seals to promote party members, but I have a question:

Very early game spoiler:
So if the opening apparently shows the player avatar killing Chrom, would I be wasting a seal using one on him?

Is that really a spoiler? It's the very beginning!

RPGCrazied

WTF, gamestop. I should have called, but its 2 days after release date, they should have it! Just told me they might have it tomorrow or even Friday. Anybody else gamestop tell them this?

Roto13

Seals aren't nearly as rare as you early game people think. You can buy them in shops for like 2000 gold or something. Both types.

massoluk

Banned
Oh guys, how do I get to those relationship screens?

2j9hCXZ.jpg

Can't find it.

WTF, gamestop. I should have called, but its 2 days after release date, they should have it! Just told me they might have it tomorrow or even Friday. Anybody else gamestop tell them this?

There is a whole 20 page topic devoted to the supply issues with this game. Tons of retailers don't have it in stock yet, including Gamestop.

Very early game spoiler:

No. You have to use him for the main storyline chapters so get him those levels and class changes.

Wilsongt

So... It isn't a Fire Emblem game until you want to throw your controller/DS in frustration at a stupid death and have to restart the chapter.

Fuck you, Chapter 5. Why the hell do bosses move now?!

Poor Sumia got an axe to the face once, and then Donny got a sword to the face followed by a Flux.

massoluk

Banned
So... It isn't a Fire Emblem game until you want to throw your controller/DS in frustration at a stupid death and have to restart the chapter.

Poor Sumia got an axe to the face once, and then Donny got a sword to the face followed by a Flux.

I'm just glad I'm not a hardcore player, in one chapter my party got wiped out because I didn't know about reinforcement and that those wyvern rider guys things can just run down the slopes :|

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Very early game spoiler:

Use it on him. Seals are plentiful and there's no reason not to.

So I'm finding that even playing casual, I'm restarting alot. If I lose a character too quickly due to negligence or if the secondary goal doesn't get met (curse you Paralogue II!) then I restart. This game...this game!!!

Any hints for Paralogue II by the way? I can't get to the village fast enough and talking to the trickster lady after doesn't do anything.

You can always come back to the Paralogue chapter later, when you're better equipped to handle it. I cleared Paralogue II right away, but it took a bit of work.
Your Peg. Knight can fly up the river, avoiding archers in the very few safe squares available. You don't really need Chrom to talk to Anna right away, so you don't need to port him up there. Your focus should be to clear the bridge and make your way across as soon as possible. You'll want to cut off those units heading up to Anna, since they'll ignore you and head straight for her, unless you intervene.

I fucking love this game.

I want to leave it at that, but I can't. I love all the characters so far, (although Cordelia is like another Fiora hurr), EVERY. SINGLE. SUPPORT CONVO is absolutely fantastic.
And I just started chapter 8 and I love Nowi. That was the best opening scene in a chapter ever just because of her and her russian friend.

I fucking love this game.

I want to leave it at that, but I can't. I love all the characters so far, (although Cordelia is like another Fiora hurr), EVERY. SINGLE. SUPPORT CONVO is absolutely fantastic.
And I just started chapter 8 and I love Nowi. That was the best opening scene in a chapter ever just because of her and her russian friend.

Absolutely agree. Also I lost my shit at the "Chrom wants you!" support convo. This game is dominating my free time and it's glorious.

Had a mix up mailing a rental back, so now I have to wait for restocks before I'll be receiving this. Guessing a couple weeks, provided the stock Gamefly got wasn't limited. Ugh.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Is that lady caviler you get early on suppose to be super weak? She can barely scratch boss units :(

Depends on the boss and on your RNG rolls. My Sully was terrible with her STR rolls, but her defenses were top notch and could basically tank anything on Hard by Chapter 7 or 8. You could always bench her if you find she's falling behind, or try to find a way to use her that fits in. ie; team her up with a more powerful offensive unit and let them go around killing stuff together.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Maybe I should restart my first playthrough on hard mode instead of lunatic ...

My ass is getting kicked

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Was five hours into the game, managed to get almost everyone level C supports, 3 had B, before chapter five and I realized I didn't have Donny. So I had to restart from the beginning.

Supports aren't so great this time around but my levels and stats are better all around. Guess I'll run through the dlc a few times before chapter 5.

Just tried Chapter 5 twice on hard. Let's just say this game definitely feels like a proper Fire Emblem.

:(

Is that lady caviler you get early on suppose to be super weak? She can barely scratch boss units :(
FE rule of thumb: the units that start out the weakest usually end up being the strongest, and vice versa.

Its probably pulled in real time based on an algorithm using the front facing camera and the clock. That way when you are distressed it rolls low numbers for enemies to critical hit you.

Lanbeast

I started on Hard - Classic but I think I'm going to stick with a new game of Hard - Casual. I only had two more guys to kill in the one battle and Kellam got critical'd from full health to dead. There's not really any way to "plan" for that, and I don't want to have to restart every time I lose a guy I really like.

You guys can have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom