• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Does anyone else like Virion.
Archers tend to be disliked by FE fans as their attacking opportunities are so limited and Virion doesn't have uber stats like Shinion.

I like his supports but he hasn't been doing well for me. Even paired up with fast units he can't double and he can't do good chip damage. In fact its got the point where he can't one shot Wryverns.

With the fact I've got Henry now makes me feel I should just give up on Virion (but its a shame as I get given so many bows...I've bought one Iron Bow and never needed to use it). If only they gave archers equip long range bows as a skill (so you can rclass to other bow users without losing 3 range weapons...which are sadly too weak).

Speaking of Wryverns, I reclassed Panne so I lack part space for Cherche.

Just got
Lucina
and yeah I guess I bought this upon myself
Olivia and Chrom have both not been that used (Chrom is level 16 but tends to get 1-3 stat levels and Olivia gained like a level) which means Lucina has slightly blah stats
I'm tempted to reclass as faster leveling should help those stat problems.

Sleepy

I like Virion. Funny dude, coldblooded killer. Just keep him out of harm's way/keep him supported.

Am I correct in thinking that the only way to max out stats/hp is to reclass a few times?

m0t0k1

Yeah i love Virion and use him in all my serious missions. He can double up about anybody solo. and i make effective use of the 3 range attacks. together with a S-rank team member he can dodge almost anything and the guy can take a hit. Love it how enemy units always leave him alone when they see him. and prefer to attack my Lucina means they are even more fucked.

ohlawd

Gerome's growths are shit, what the heck is happening.

Why are you not getting any Str growths when you're a freaking Wyvern Lord?

Chrom

I like Virion. Funny dude, coldblooded killer. Just keep him out of harm's way/keep him supported.

Am I correct in thinking that the only way to max out stats/hp is to reclass a few times?

That or buying dozens among dozens of stat boosters, yeah.

McNum

I'm thinking Tharja and Kellam for my game. Want to make a tanky Niore. Plus, it kind of makes sense that she would help Kellam find his true calling in life: Assassin.

Plus, it amuses me how he can sneak up on her in full plate armor. And he made her smile. Creepy.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm thinking Tharja and Kellam for my game. Want to make a tanky Niore. Plus, it kind of makes sense that she would help Kellam find his true calling in life: Assassin.

Plus, it amuses me how he can sneak up on her in full plate armor. And he made her smile. Creepy.
Excuse me while I go sit down and contemplate life.

Sadist

Really, FE players hate archers? Huh.

I completed chapter 9 (Tharja will be my avatars waifu bla bla) and honestly, all the units I've encountered aren't weak. Sure there are a few which are overpowered like Chrom, Lan'qu and because of his luck Donnel, but the units are pretty balanced. Far better compared to the units in Radiant Dawn. The first batch with the Dawn Brigade was downright horrible.

Virion is a competent archer btw. With someone helping him out he can destroy enemies.

ohlawd

I completed chapter 9 (Tharja will be my avatars waifu bla bla) and honestly, all the units I've encountered aren't weak. Sure there are a few which are overpowered like Chrom, Lan'qu and because of his luck Donnel, but the units are pretty balanced. Far better compared to the units in Radiant Dawn. The first batch with the Dawn Brigade was downright horrible.

Virion is a competent archer btw. With someone helping him out he can destroy enemies.

uhh... yeah.

I shouldn't have to bother doing that.

Frost_Ace

I paired up my Kellam with Miriel, their convos are amazing :D

Blasty

I couldn't bring myself to create a different looking avatar for my Lunatic playthrough. Will I be able to get through Lunatic without sacrificing anyone?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Honestly the only archers I ever liked were Will and Rolf.

McNum

I paired up my Kellam with Miriel, their convos are amazing :D
My Miriel is horribly underplayed. She's just level 3. I could do with a bit more magic firepower, really, maybe I should work a bit on that. Tharja can pull mage duty nicely, mind you, but having options is nice.

Hold on, just so I can be clear: When you reclass early on, does that mean you can't get a promoted class until you reach level (20) all over again?

McNum

Hold on, just so I can be clear: When you reclass early on, does that mean you can't get a promoted class until you reach level (20) all over again?
10, actually. You can use a Master Seal at level 10. But you'll have to level from 1 to 10 the old fashioned way.

I couldn't bring myself to create a different looking avatar for my Lunatic playthrough. Will I be able to get through Lunatic without sacrificing anyone?

You can, but the early chapters are an absolute nightmare if you want to keep everyone alive.

Excuse me while I go sit down and contemplate life.

i_know_that_feel_bro_by_rober_raik-d4cxn5a.png

Its just like the times when people pair her with Donnel or Ricken

When you are in a base class you can only reclass into other base classes. So the only way to go from a base to promoted class is by using a master seal at level 10 or higher.

ohlawd

Who is his father?

Even with his father as Lon'qu Gerome was a flat out beast.

His dad is Vaike.

Now we all know Vaike is a piece of shit but this shouldn't be happening. I always get bad growths with Gerome. I've never had a level up with more than 4 stat gains iirc. He's the last kid I have to max out.

Wilsongt

His dad is Vaike.

Now we all know Vaike is a piece of shit but this shouldn't be happening. I always get bad growths with Gerome. I've never had a level up with more than 4 stat gains iirc. He's the last kid I have to max out.

He didn't max strength until I reclassed him as a Wyvern Lord a second time. However, he did have Astra and he proc'd it constantly...

ffdgh

His dad is Vaike.

It's your own fault for not giving Nightwing his rightful father of nobel blood Virion. :p

Kumiorava

Neo Member
So I finally had time to start playing this today. Started my playthrough on hard/classic, and played until the end of chapter 3. Like someone commented a few pages ago, it feels a bit weird that there's no narration of any kind between chapters in the world map.

Also, is there no supply convoy in this game or is it made available later? Had to discard an iron sword because I didn't notice Chrom's inventory was full when attacking an enemy with item drops.

ohlawd

He didn't max strength until I reclassed him as a Wyvern Lord a second time. However, he did have Astra and he proc'd it constantly...

gawds, he has a 76% for Str growth. Oh boy, look at them Mag and Res growths.
And I forgot to pass DS+ to him from Cherche. Gave him Renewal instead. GAWDSSS...

So I finally had time to start playing this today. Started my playthrough on hard/classic, and played until the end of chapter 3. Like someone commented a few pages ago, it feels a bit weird that there's no narration of any kind between chapters in the world map.

Also, is there no supply convoy in this game or is it made available later? Had to discard an iron sword because I didn't notice Chrom's inventory was full when attacking an enemy with item drops.

Made available next chapter.

Oxx

I just finished chapter 9 and it feels like the game is really starting to hit its stride.

I like all the new recruits I have run into, the missions feel a bit more open, and I just promoted my first character.

Wait, no love for Shinon? In the Radiant Dawn Endgame he kills everyone with one shot.

Shinon is like one of my all time favourite FE characters, I'd say he was great as a unit in Radiant Dawn but I guess that's balanced out by him sucking quite a lot in Path of Radiance, still I have to use him, what a magnificent jerk.

MicH

Chapter 16 down. Man this game is great! I didn't even need a healer in the last chapter - heck in the last few chapters!

Everyone has been promoted (bar Muriel, Stahl, Vaike and Maribelle who I never use) and they're just beastly. As soon as Lissa hits Sage lvl 15 I'll reclass her to Dark Flier for Galeforce. Also I forgot to pass it down to Owain :(((( sadness

Does anyone else like Virion :( Did you guys even support him with other characters. Some good conversations there. There's nothing that dude can't do.

Love the guy, from pretty early on he's been a really powerhouse for me - either double hits or one shots everything but the beefiest enemies and evades enough to survive a couple of surprise attacks.

It's been the same with Miriel as well (another character people seem to hate). She can practically carry my entire team with higher damage output than Chrom, good defences and the ability to heal/rescue units from halfway across the map.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Everyone has been promoted (bar Muriel, Stahl, Vaike and Maribelle who I never use) and they're just beastly. As soon as Lissa hits Sage lvl 15 I'll reclass her to Dark Flier for Galeforce. Also I forgot to pass it down to Owain :(((( sadness

You dun goofed.

It isn't essential or anything, especially for the main story

My Virion has twice now had significant speed problems. Without the speed, he can't double, and the thing he fails to kill then whacks his health off because he can't dodge worth crap.

ffdgh

I'm letting my Bride Morgan use Yewfelle since she has 54 speed and I want her to double TSON Goddess Anna.

I have 9 of those just sitting in my convoy along with 8 Nidhoggs, and 4 Double bows.

I ccould really use some arms scrolls and rift doors for my brides...

Anteo

I know man, but I want it :( I'll just have to pair him up with someone who has it

So instead of: Kill one, Get turn, Switch to Owain, kill another, get turn, kill a third,
you will: Kill one, Get turn, Switch to Owain, kill another

:(

Top Bottom