• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

I've went straight to Falcon Knight with Sumia thinking it was the first change, but apparently there was one in between? I'm not really understanding the class changing thing, sounds to me I skipped something? Is that bad, and can it be fixed?

The class system is that there is one base class, for example pegasus knight. That can promote via a Master Seal into two different classes, either a Falcon Knight or a Dark Filer. Those two are both considered promoted classes.

The exception is the Lord and Tactician class which only has one possible promotion.

You can change classes with a Second Seal. It lets you go from a base class to a base class or a promoted class to a base class or if at level 10, into another promoted class. So choosing a 'wrong' class will only lead to more leveling to get into another class if you so desire.

ffdgh

I say thanks and nice Yarne with that 97 attack. Tempted to buy the dlc now just for my brides and dreadfighters.......and a super powered Villager Donnel lol.

Edit: too slow yet again...

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I say thanks and nice Yarne with that 97 attack. Tempted to buy the dlc now just for my brides and dreadfighters.......and a super powered Villager Donnel lol.

Edit: too slow yet again...

FYI, Villager still has terrible caps, they're basically a base class.

Manakete and Taguels get around this 'limitation' with their stones' bonuses, not to mention having higher bases than villager.

Meanwhile, Dread Fighter and Bride have promoted caps yet level as fast as a villager. They're my go to class for leveling someone who hasn't seen main-game time.

Should I always wait until lvl20 to reclass? Or just when I feel like changing?

If you mean from a promoted class, level 15 second sealing is the best way to get the skills you need the fastest. If it's your first time 'promoting' with a master seal, 20 is optimal due to the way the game assigns your 'internal' level after promoting, which takes 20 base levels into account no matter what level you were before you promoted.

Santiako

If you mean from a promoted class, level 15 second sealing is the best way to get the skills you need the fastest. If it's your first time 'promoting' with a master seal, 20 is optimal due to the way the game assigns your 'internal' level after promoting, which takes 20 base levels into account no matter what level you were before you promoted.

Thanks.

MicH

Wait. If you pair up Donnel and Nowi (passing down Aptitude from Donnel) and then let my Avatar marry Nah. Does that mean I can have a Morgan with Ignis and Aptitude (and access to Galeforce)?

Because that sounds pretty damn good!

Wait. If you pair up Donnel and Nowi (passing down Aptitude from Donnel) and then let my Avatar marry Nah. Does that mean I can have a Morgan with Ignis and Aptitude (and access to Galeforce)?

Well you'll get a Morgan that can also be a dragon but yes, that Morgan can inherit Aptitude. Female Morgan will always have access to Ignis and Galeforce as she'll have access to every female class.

Metroidvania

Unless you plan to do zero DLC, Aptitude is relatively useless in the long run.

Granted, Morgan, being the MU's kid, has access to pretty much every single skill she'd ever need, (except for maybe Aggressor from Dread Fighter), but IMO, it'd be better to do something like Sol or one of the 'faire' skills, and not have to slog through a class to get her said skill.

What is a Morgan?

Best unit in the game.

Your (the MU's) kid

Not like Donnel has anything else worthwhile to pass down. Well I guess expect Rally Strength for all those Rally Bots.

Underdog could theoretically be better if you keep Morgan as a Manakete. But yeah, he doesn't have the greatest skills. I'd almost just give Armsthrift so I don't have to go all the way back down to mercenary on Nah or Morgan.

MicH

Well you'll get a Morgan that can also be a dragon but yes, that Morgan can inherit Aptitude. Female Morgan will always have access to Ignis and Galeforce as she'll have access to every female class.
You're right about that.

I was also thinking:

Lucina x Avatar = Aether Morgan. I love Aether!

No idea about Avatar skill. Perhaps Counter? That sounds pretty cool

Metroidvania

You're right about that.

I was also thinking:

Lucina x Avatar = Aether Morgan. I love Aether!

No idea about Avatar skill. Perhaps Counter? That sounds pretty cool

Counter is much less useful on your characters because you open them up to being attacked in order for it to be effective. If you have too high of Def/Res, it's relatively useless.

However, if you have low def/res, unlike enemy units, your units have much more intrinsic value. Counter, in the long run, isn't beneficial to you the way it is to enemies (unless you're playing on casual), because opening yourself up to multiple attacks will still eventually kill your units and force a reset.

Any male-specific skill is a possible good one to transfer, but none are really necessary (unless aggressor can be transferred?), since Morgan has access to every class save Barbarian and Warrior. So unless you want Axefaire or Counter for trolling through streetpass, or want Morgan to be your rally bot with Rally Strength, none are super essential.

Any male-specific skill is a possible good one to transfer, but none are really necessary (unless aggressor can be transferred?), since Morgan has access to every class save Barbarian and Warrior. So unless you want Axefaire or Counter for trolling through streetpass, or want Morgan to be your rally bot with Rally Strength, none are super essential.

DLC skills can't be passed down. So really, Axefaire, Rally Strength or Counter is your best choices. Well unless you want to pass down Wrath.

ffdgh

A shame the guys don't get a lot good exclusive skill compared to the ladies tho resistance +10 and aggressor sorta fixes that.

Now if despoil worked during the enemy phase and with double luck like arms thrift...

A shame the guys don't get a lot good exclusive skill compared to the ladies tho resistance +10 and aggressor sorta fixes that.

Now if despoil worked during the enemy phase and with double luck like arms thrift...

I believe Despoil works on the enemy turn, it just requires the user to defeat the enemy.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

........Can't believe I never realized that it's Laura Bailey who voiced the best girl.

.......... I mean, I just realized it this instant. Unbelievable.

zoukka

Further in the game now...

I'm definitely going to pimp Chrom with the dragon-loli.
Ricker with Lissa.
Archer dude with the beast lady.
Frederick to his shining queen on top of a pegasus (the later one)
Poor Avatar and Donny have to wait for additional decent female characters...

Used my first seal on donny to make him a fighter. Figured mercenary could be better, but I have no axe wielders at all. Next up master sealing anyone who reaches lvl20.

Sendou

I used a Second Seal on Brady to turn him from a priest to a myrmidon right away, is that bad?

father is Lon'Qu

It's not optimal and he won't probably be the best Myrmidon you get but go for it. Definitely not bad. In this game you can pretty freely experiment with classes if you don't thrive for the best possible team.

Ricker with Lissa.

Used my first seal on donny to make him a fighter. Figured mercenary could be better, but I have no axe wielders at all. Next up master sealing anyone who reaches lvl20.

You can't actually marry Chrom with Nowi (the loli). What did you do with Vaike lol?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Ricker with Lissa.

Chrom can't marry Nowi...

zoukka

:(

I'm not as far in the game that I would even know about marriages. Oh well. Chrom has to find someone else then.

And Vaike was a necessary sacrifice for the greater good of mankind.

Sendou

errm... stupid question : why do the chars have no feet? Works as designed or bug?

8-4:Speaking of doing something difererent, we have to ask a question a lot of the fans are wondering -- what happened with the feet? (laughs)

Kusakihara:(Laughs) Well, they're there...they're just...omitted a little bit.

The idea was to add a unique sort of deformation to the characters. As for why it ended up like this... At the start of the project, we weren't entirely sure how many bones and joints we'd be able to use in each character model. As it is now, there's a joint at the knees, and then there's nothing below that for the ankles and the feet. This makes it a bit easier to apply animation to models as well. We found out afterward that, with the 3DS, we had more than enough CPU strength available to flesh out the models a bit, add real ankles and so on. We were like "Well, if there's a next time, maybe there'll be more ankles..." (laughs)

We thought we could make it something that would work well with the characters, but now I'm not so sure. (laughs) So it's hard to give a real reason for it, but...well, I think it's kind of cute, though! (laughs) Isn't it? They look like they're wearing high heels. Aren't high heels the big fashion these days?

Well I'm glad I put the effort in to grinding levels with Olivia, put her onto the Swordmaster path and she is basically invincible when paired with Gaius. Her avoidance rate is completely ridiculous, I've never seen an enemy with above 25% hit rate against her while almost all of them are below 10% - the last few chapter bosses have all had 0% accuracy. Coupled with critical hits or Astra on almost every encounter she is an absolute beast.

Next playthrough I am definitely going to go all in and spend some time in Dark Flier for Galeforce, hopefully by that point the Bride DLC will be out as well for the perfect finishing class.

CorvoSol

I wish Frederick could merry Chrom.

They're totally meant to be. ):

Chrom is too exciting a character for Frederick. Frederick is a beige tattoo on a polar bear. That's why he and regular flavored pie Sumia will be stuck forever.

Even "I'm so generic" Stahl and "I'm invisible" Kellam manage to stick out more than Mr. and Mrs. Blank Character Sheet.

Danj

My goodness, I've stumbled into my first marriage (Chrom and Sumia).

Yeah something similar happened to me, Chrom married Sully in my game.

All I did was team them up for a few missions since they work so well together and BAM! I like the S rank bonuses but I was sort of hoping I could wait until later in the game.

I checked the support thing just now and it seems like Sully and Virion want to S rank. Should I let them? Or is there some better match? The old fogey says they're a match made in heaven.

When do you get to marry off other characters (including your own)?

McNum

When do you get to marry off other characters (including your own)?
As soon as the Support menu opens up. Marriage is the S rank support. Just fight as a pair or side by side and go up through the ranks. One of the characters will propose marriage at rank S.

Be aware you can only have one S rank ever, even if the spouse was to die (I think they'll just "retreat", though), but you can have as many C, B, or A ranks as you want.

Jintor

Chrom is too exciting a character for Frederick. Frederick is a beige tattoo on a polar bear. That's why he and regular flavored pie Sumia will be stuck forever.

Even "I'm so generic" Stahl and "I'm invisible" Kellam manage to stick out more than Mr. and Mrs. Blank Character Sheet.

you're right

Kellam in particular is absolutely hilarious for an invisible man

he's the invisible man

incredible how he can

SEE RIGHT THROUGH ME

Oxx

Chapter 11 was going so well until the boss started moving and enemy reinforcements spawned behind me.

Can I use a master seal in the middle of a battle?

Sendou

Chapter 11 was going so well until the boss started moving and enemy reinforcements spawned behind me.

Can I use a master seal in the middle of a battle?

Sure you can. You can use it in world map, preparation or in the battle.

Top Bottom