• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

1. True, but it's one of your only ways of debuffing enemies on Conquest and invaluable against bosses with high stats (especially if you can outrange them). It also makes feeding kills to weaker units easier.
2. I never said it makes Corrin tankier, but better as a tank since it's easier for your teammates to finished off enemies after they engage with Corrin. I guess I value this ability more because I saw Corrin go through Conquest as a Ninja where their damage output was lower.
3. ??? You have plenty of time to do so with paralogues. Fates throws a ridiculous amount of EXP at you. I'll concede that you don't really have the money to do so on Conquest, but it's absolutely possible on Birthright. You don't even need to stay in the Nohr Noble class for that long anyway; just pick up Draconic Curse at 5 and you're good to go.
4. That's not the point. You aren't going out of your way to use staves, it's just a utility you can have on hand in cases where you absolutely need it. You only need D-rank in staves to get Sun Festival/Rescue, which is pretty much all you need.

1. Maybe, but I find that others can pick up the leftovers with or without it by that point in the game.
2. see 1
3. I almost forgot about the other thing about Quixotic: it makes you unable to dodgetank (it does improve your hit rate too...but eh aside from ninjas/swordmasters this wasn't really a concern)
4. I don't need emergency heals/rescues, the best staff users are mounted anyway.

jnWake

I just finished Awakening. I didn't think the plot was bad, but maybe my expectations were too low thanks to GAF.

Noire obliterated
Grima
in the last battle. She's so good.

NeonZ

I just finished Awakening. I didn't think the plot was bad, but maybe my expectations were too low thanks to GAF.

Noire obliterated
Grima
in the last battle. She's so good.

Awakening's plot and world building are just too empty, so it's picked apart easily. It's generally not disliked for what it actually did, just what it didn't do, unlike Fates.

PK Gaming

1. Maybe, but I find that others can pick up the leftovers with or without it by that point in the game.
2. see 1
3. I almost forgot about the other thing about Quixotic: it makes you unable to dodgetank (it does improve your hit rate too...but eh aside from ninjas/swordmasters this wasn't really a concern)
4. I don't need emergency heals/rescues, the best staff users are mounted anyway.

Eh

Not being able to dodge tank is worth increasing Rend Heaven's proc rate to something stupid like 70% per hit.

And yeah i'll concede that, Hoshido Noble's staff use is made redundant on a team with dedicated staff users, but it honestly beats Magic. Like, you can't even use any of the best shit with B rank tomes.

Eh

Not being able to dodge tank is worth increasing Rend Heaven's proc rate to something stupid like 70% per hit.

And yeah i'll concede that, Hoshido Noble's staff use is made redundant on a team with dedicated staff users, but it honestly beats Magic. Like, you can't even use any of the best shit with B rank tomes.

there's better magic to use other than horse spirit?

Sakura, right?

:p

>:[

Eh

Pfft, best tomes are Ember and Lightning anyway! >:[

No, seriously, maybe not Ember (though its ridiculous Hit rate and other properties do have uses), but Lightning's the only ranged Brave weapon that doesn't carry the 'Mighty' penalty, instead having the Silver penalty. It's also cheap and happens to be C-rank instead of A-rank.

The other good tomes are Brynhildr, Missiletainn, and Thoron. Technically, those are E-ranks. Technically. lol
EDIT: CRAP, I FORGOT HORSE SPIRIT.

On Rend Heaven:
70% proc for a bonus of, let's say, 15 Mt in most cases isn't too bad. [Weapon]faire + Trample is just a practical 100% proc for a bonus of 10 Mt (How often do you fight mounted units without a beast killer or bow on-hand anyway?) and costs two skill slots instead of three. They also work in Tag Team attacks.

Draxal

Got my 2 boxes in. Got 2 Lucina SRs, 2 Tsubasa SRs, and 2 Kiria Rs and a Kiria R+ (signed). Getting alot of the female lead characters for some reason.

Other SR pulls were Itsuki, Toma, Nyna, and a Severa.

Sölf

Question for the difficulties in Fates:

Is the difference mainly like Awakening, where the enemy stats vary extremely between difficulties, or is it more like the older games (or does that actually differ between Hoshido and Nohr), where stats don't differ that much, but you get stuff like more enemies, different enemies or less useable units?

Renewed

When I was playing Conquest Ch11 Lunatic, I noticed there were some extra enemies with Lunge in one of the rooms so enemies can increase and their skill setup can be different (I think Ch7 had the Faceless with a HP -20% on any combat + HP -20% for starting combat).

I don't pay attention to stats but I'm sure they are a bit stronger too.

I've been trying to gain support and Battle Points but screw it, gonna continue making progress.

alvis.exe

G07RC8l.jpg

!!!

Now to decide whether to sell it or to keep it hehe.

Renewed

Still gonna be a while until I curse my luck, my deck/box finally left after 5 days of no updates and is coming over to Canada...

Sölf;198815533 said:
Question for the difficulties in Fates:

Is the difference mainly like Awakening, where the enemy stats vary extremely between difficulties, or is it more like the older games (or does that actually differ between Hoshido and Nohr), where stats don't differ that much, but you get stuff like more enemies, different enemies or less useable units?

Birthright adds more enemies (enemy density can get stupid), Conquest adds more skills (prepare for asshole skill sets), Revelation just dumps stats on enemies which makes your non-royals generally shit

yami4ct

Conquest Chapter 15 was fantastic for catching Corrin up to my other mains. I normally don't like chapters that so heavily limit your unit choices, but that was positive enough to work for me.

Do you guys have people to play Cipher with where you live? Here in Chile (Santiago specifically) we are a handful that plays, around 15 and sometimes we organize small tournaments and stuff. Man, I really wish the game (tcg) had a bigger push here in the west since its so much fun.

Draxal

Do you guys have people to play Cipher with where you live? Here in Chile (Santiago specifically) we are a handful that plays, around 15 and sometimes we organize small tournaments and stuff. Man, I really wish the game (tcg) had a bigger push here in the west since its so much fun.

Not really no, I think there might be a small community in the Seattle area, but there's just not enough people in the congested areas in the states/canada.

I kinda wish they released it here in LCG or ECG format but that's a pipe dream.

>implying people in this thread are buying the cards to actually play the game

I feel like making a few modifications to Xander's armour would have really helped in showcasing its ties to the unique Nohrian culture, and through the resemblance with the Nohr Noble uniform, further solidified the sibling relationship between him and Corrin.

It's very empowering.

well it would put him in line with basically most of the other nohr female armors out there

seriously, are female pants banned in nohr?

This guy has Neko beat.

explains why magazines sell out so quickly on amazon.jp

PK Gaming

Should be a lot of fun

Pretty much everyone besides Gilliam, Marissa and Ewan are viable contributors

Let's see how much trouble we can get into

Shun

@Draxal

Not all of them, the last one in the pack is out today and I'll buy it later.

Haven't been as much posting since I had midterms before break.

I've played only 3 of them since you get quite a few maps with the set. Foleo has some conversations with Deere and Sophie in the one where he gets Brynhildr. I'm updating pegasusknight with more DLC info. I will have more time now that I finished exams.

Draxal

Just so nobody gets confused,I asked Shun if he had any impressions about the kid dlc.

Thanks for the impressions, Shun.

pariah164

I feel like making a few modifications to Xander's armour would have really helped in showcasing its ties to the unique Nohrian culture, and through the resemblance with the Nohr Noble uniform, further solidified the sibling relationship between him and Corrin.

It's very empowering.
This is the first thing I see coming back after some time in Life and Hometown.

I approve.

Shun

Just so nobody gets confused,I asked Shun if he had any impressions about the kid dlc.

Thanks for the impressions, Shun.

I'll write more up later. What I've played so far is decent. Map design is okay the Weapon Map is a fun retreating map. 44 enemies vs 6 child units where you need to survive and escape. The strongest enemy on that map is Shinonome equipped with Raijinto.

One of the rewards is an item to give you a skill that lets you gain +2 Magic every enemy you kill.

I'll go through the rest of the DLC later but I'm pretty sure one of the rewards is the skill that Takumi has to shoot bows at 1 range and his other skill in the last Conquest battle against Takumi. As well as Hinoka's anti-bow/beast skill.

Point Blank is dumb, when are we getting a skill to make all swords/axes/lances 1-2 range as well /s

or the game can give out +7 Iron Katti/Kukri/Mace/Star Axe/Javelin/Nageyari for free

Reset

So I just beat Conquest and I expected to enjoy it a lot more than I did. Despite the maps being an improvement since it was route all the enemies I found it to be less enjoyable than Awakening.

-The story felt incomplete. Maybe I skimmed over some stuff, but I don't remember the game explaining what happened to the King or Takumi in the end and why they turned into those monsters. Was it because of hatred or something, because if it was then it's hella stupid. Oh and who is that "god" that King keeps on praying to or asking advice to. I don't think it was ever explained. Oh and why does Azura run off in the end. If they wanted us to buy all three games to fill in these stuff then Nintendo can fuck off. I bought all three anyway :[
-Even though the story felt incomplete it was really stupid. It has to be weakest one out of all the Fire Emblem games. There were many avoidable deaths if only Azura just showed the stupid globe to everyone instead of only Corrin in the other world. Azura is the reason this whole shit was dragged on anyway, and for a game that lets your character marry anyone they really push Azura. The final scene especially was weird if your character isn't S ranked with her and was S ranked with someone else. It was as stupid as S rank Lucina trying to kill you in Awakening. Oh and Azura and Corrin weren't only the stupid characters, the rest of the characters in the game were idiots too since they couldn't figure out Azura was the person who sang on the stage.
-Chapter 14(The chapter with dance scene) was embarrasing/cringey to watch. I can't imagine myself watching that on the big screen.
-The game has some weird shit in it. I thought Nintendo removed the petting stuff, but once I S ranked it asked me to blow through the mic to cool my partner off and touch them to wake them up. I have no idea what happens when you got full red hearts(I think it increases your pair stats?), but I stopped once the mic blowing scene happened. I hope Nintendo removes this shit since it makes Fire Emblem embarrassing to play or even recommend to people with this shit in it. But I doubt they'll remove it since the game sold even more than Awakening at launch in the West.
-What is the third realm? They completely forget about it once Gunter is rescued, why even bother introducing it then. Should have let Gunter stay dead.
-The children were shoe horned in. They didn't belong and felt out of place. Their reasoning for even being there was so stupid.

+There is a lot more variety to the missions, and that was an improvement over awakening.

-/+ Not really a negative or positive, but I miss the limited weapons and the original weapon triangle.

So from the English localized games, here's how I would rank them.
1.Fire Emblem 7
2.PoR
3.SS
4.Awakening
5.RD
6.Conquest
7.SD

I'll start on Birthright later this month, but hopefully it's not a disappointment like Conquest was.

Top Bottom