• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

It's funny how Felicia is supposed to be a terrible servant but a good fighter, but she does pretty well staying in maid, meanwhile Jakob is supposedly a much better servant storywise but is better off reclassed to Paladin.

PK Gaming

CbeqAQuUkAAZEGG.jpg

Source

*pulls out Hexing Rod in Conquest file from Visitor bonuses*

*Hexing Rods the final boss*

ayy lmao I love this staff even though enemies that have it are jerks

Draxal

YESSSSSSSS

CenGMLWW8AAy_fW.png

That one is not that hard to get too, his signed card (and Toma) is so cheap compared to Marth/Lucina/Robin (whose VA has two signed cards in this set with Yashiro)/Tsubasa/and Lucina (WHICH I GOT YUS) Here are the other tourney promos

21l8x0E.png
L2krf0m.png
wUpi4eH.png
V1gCeyc.png
0OIBjvE.png

Nyx

So I got myself a New 3DS XL on Saturday with FE Awakening.

Just wanted to say that it's freaking great, both the system and the game!

*pulls out Hexing Rod in Conquest file from Visitor bonuses*

*Hexing Rods the final boss*

ayy lmao I love this staff even though enemies that have it are jerks

Hm, you might be onto something here.

-----

Lago: Staff Savant jerk with a Hexing Rod and other things. Also a jerk in the story.
Azama: Massive jerk that only has Hexing Rods. Arguably more a jerk than Lago because he'll always use it unlike Lago who'll use his every 4th turn. Also a massive jerk support-wise or so everyone tells me.

Niles: ??? (I still haven't played Birthright)

-----

Hm, you might be onto something here.

-----

Lago: Staff Savant jerk with a Hexing Rod and other things. Also a jerk in the story.
Azama: Massive jerk that only has Hexing Rods. Arguably more a jerk than Lago because he'll always use it unlike Lago who'll use his every 4th turn. Also a massive jerk support-wise or so everyone tells me.

Niles: ??? (I still haven't played Birthright)

-----

pfft, like Birthright and Revelation are scary enough to have a single Hexing Rod

Iago is still kind of a joke though cause I didn't find it difficult to stay out of his range for the most part, and then Effie just walked up and ORKO'd him (though I think he had about an 8% shot of OHKOing back with a crit lol)

imagine if Elise showed up as an enemy in Birthright with Staff Savant+Hexing Rod lolol

pfft, like Birthright and Revelation are scary enough to have a single Hexing Rod

Iago is still kind of a joke though cause I didn't find it difficult to stay out of his range for the most part, and then Effie just walked up and ORKO'd him (though I think he had about an 8% shot of OHKOing back with a crit lol)

Niles: Deep down, actually as nice as Sakura?

But yeah, Lago being glued to the center made it pretty easy to avoid his stuff.

Well, Lissa does have a hexing rod.

Lissa, no! I thought you were better than that! D:

Finished Birthright on Hard and found it to be a satisfying level of difficulty. Should I play Conquest on Hard for something similar, or would that be significantly harder?

CazTGG

So, First Blood resolves one of my biggest complaints about Fates, namely that their inclusion, while definitely refreshing in terms of changing up a given map but still being smart as they can be just as hindering, places a ton of priority on royal units who can use them (which isn't helped by the exclusive and powerful weaponry four of them wield) but now all I can think of is John Rambo mowing down dragons and sorcerers.

Chrom

Heads up to European friends: Nintendo will be holding a sale on all Fire Emblem titles on the Nintendo eShop soon. In addition, all of Fire Emblem Awakening's DLC will be discounted too, which marks the first time the DLC will have ever had a post-release sale as far as I know.

Heads up to European friends: Nintendo will be holding a sale on all Fire Emblem titles on the Nintendo eShop soon. In addition, all of Fire Emblem Awakening's DLC will be discounted too, which marks the first time the DLC will have ever had a post-release sale as far as I know.

Thanks. Maybe I'll finally buy the last of the DLC. I have pretty much all of it, but I think I'm just missing some odds and ends.

Half off on everything? €24.41 for all 25 maps is way better than the old price of €48.91, it should be ~$1 per map.

(also heh UK paying more on those prices)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I posted this in the Fates thread, but it feels way more at home here. I almost forgot there was a Community thread:

My friend is drawing Fire Emblem characters on her stream tonight. If anyone is interested, she'd love to have a few viewers. She did a few Corrin sketches last night. ^_^ https://www.twitch.tv/makohouse

Hey guys, I just bought my first Cipher booster pack box, a series 3 one, and it should be arriving next wednesday. Since I don't have any means to buy directly from AmiAmi I bought it at a local store that imports japanese stuff, still, since it's my first box I'm a little doubtfoul. I don't have any reasons to think they are shady and are opening boxes or something, so just to make sure, what should I be expecting from a brand new box? Is there a minimum of SRs in each box? Like 4 SRs per box or something? Also, there's supposed to be a promo card inside right? I just want to open it already

Draxal

You should get 11 Rs and 3 SRs. Then either a R+ and another SR, or another R and a SR+. One of four boxes will have an SR give or take.

You will also get either an Itsuki or Tsubasa promo and a pack of either POR sleeves or Fates sprite sleeves.

Boxes are sealed so it will be easy to see if it was tampered, I really wouldn't worry about it.

Phew, got my EU special edition pre-oder at GAME one or two hours before they sold out.

To think FE has become so big that you can't pre-order normally o__o

Draxal

Phew, got my EU special edition pre-oder at GAME one or two hours before they sold out.

To think FE has become so big that you can't pre-order normally o__o

Yeah, it's insane. The thing it's also a fanbase that will schill for more merchandise, while I"m not expecting the card game to come over here, I wonder if IS and Nintendo will be more aggresive with figurines like the Lucina figma.

Shun

I got a heads up from one of the members of pegasusknight. One of the upcoming games for the Nintendo mobile platform is a Fire Emblem Frontier where you will have a set number of maps in the game that will be added on as patches later on in the game. There will be event maps to commemorate and celebrate new units you can get as cards such as a Marth event, a Jugdral event, and event maps like a Halloween and Valentines event.

The game will have its own story that you can follow by defeating each map and gaining supports with you units.

There will be an avatar character that you can customize as well with premium tickets and gold. You can spend gold for weapons and in game items as well as promotions and revivals. Premium tickets, which you can buy with real money, can be used to premium rolls as well as customizing your avatar character costume.

How maps work is that you can attempt maps on certain difficulties using a certain amount of energy and the amount of experience you get as well as potential items and weapons will be tied to difficulty. Most maps will allow you to deploy 8 units. Capturing units is only possible on the highest difficulty and permanent death will still be around in this game in the form of premium revivals. Any unit you lose you will be unusable in your army and can only come back through a certain amount of gold or premium tickets. If you choose not to revive your unit, you can drop them as they are unusable until they are revived. The game requires internet or data connection for each turn.

Energy can also be spent for Supports and taking your units out on dates and quests.

There will be a unit tier system where you can spend in game gold to roll for generic units and a chance for hero units from past games. You need certain items to promote your units and reclassing is only available via premium ticket.

There is a certain amount of premium tickets that you can gain through achievements in the game and you can gain them through events. You can also spend money for premium tickets.

Marriage returns in this game, but children are absent at the moment until a possible later patch.

Marriages work similar to Kantai Collection where you need to complete certain quests in game in order to qualify to marry a certain unit. You can marry more than one character if you pay ¥800 for a premium ring.

These married units will have increased stats gains. There will also be special dialogue for your married units and you can have your married unit act as a navigator on the main screen to support you and give advice. You can spend energy to spend time with your partner for special CGs.

The game will be on iOS and Android and it seems to be ready to launch in late 2016 at the earliest. There also seems to be a web game in the works as well.

Shun broke it.

Team Leo.

shun's rage towards takumi is uncontrollable

I hate Takumi but I would never deny the fans of their wild romance fantasies of Leo and Takumi.

The DLC makes Takumi completely obsolete now that his son Kisaragi can use the bow.

yami4ct

It can be hard to tell if you're being serious sometimes Shun, but since there's nothing patently ridiculous in there I assume you are.

Only problem I have with that is Premium Revivals. Given on hard difficulties, reinforcements and such can catch you super unawares, it feels like a cheap way to force people to buy more stuff. With a reset, it becomes easier to learn where units are coming from and how to counter.

Rest sounds like FE mixed with standard Mobage. While Unit balance would surely be absolute garbage, there's nothing inherently bad in there. As long as it doesn't replace FEW proper (and it won't given Awakening and Fate's success), I'd give it a try.

Shun

No I'm not being serious since I did not post a thread but this is actual discussion amongst me and other people who contribute to the JP FE Wiki, pegasusknight.

How would it work?

It ended up being similar to Kantai Collection.

To be honest I would play this game.

If I ever have something legitimate to contribute from a JP source I would make a serious post. I added in a note to kuroneko0509 in email tags to signify this is a joke.

It can be hard to tell if you're being serious sometimes Shun, but since there's nothing patently ridiculous in there I assume you are.

Only problem I have with that is Premium Revivals. Given on hard difficulties, reinforcements and such can catch you super unawares, it feels like a cheap way to force people to buy more stuff. With a reset, it becomes easier to learn where units are coming from and how to counter.

Rest sounds like FE mixed with standard Mobage. While Unit balance would surely be absolute garbage, there's nothing inherently bad in there. As long as it doesn't replace FEW proper (and it won't given Awakening and Fate's success), I'd give it a try.

check the tags dude

could unit balance actually be worse than Revelation anyway though

yami4ct

No I'm not being serious since I did not post a thread but this is actual discussion amongst me and other people who contribute to the JP FE Wiki, pegasusknight.

How would it work?

It ended up being similar to Kantai Collection.

To be honest I would play this game.

I think keeping a narrative would be difficult if you wanted to keep updating it. I guess you could do 'seasons' of content a la Rage of Bahamut, but even that would require quite a bit of work.

The other problem an FE Mobage would have (aside from as I said Unit Balance) would be map design. Maps in FE have to be pretty carefully designed to work. You could easily run into a Terra Battle problem where the dev just can't release quality content fast enough to sate the community and the game crashes because of that.

And, as I said, I don't see how perma death would work in a Mobage scenario. I think even if you offered revivals you could buy, being able to lose a card by playing bad could violate japanese gambling laws. PAD has run into some issues with those laws on occasions as they are pretty strict about what's OK in a gacha game and what isn't.

Shun

Being skill based and strategy based would go through that loophole, especially when you are given a number of difficulty options to choose from and several easy and free means of getting new units. We've thought about an unfair death and we think that a lot of that is circumvented by the number of options you can give a player.

I think GranBlue Fantasy has become the new standard in how you do a mobage RPG in content and story narrative. It can work within it's own universe and have other characters cameo. Plenty of mobage feature narratives and stories that build on itself with each event and character interaction. GranBlue and iDOLM@STER does it pretty consistently.

GranBlue and iDOLM@STER both have pretty big support because of the financial backing of their sponsors and Nintendo has the assets to do something similar as well as reuse assets from past Fire Emblem games and Cipher.

It's just an idea we've been casually talking about seeing as mobile is slowly becoming the future of RPGs with how popular GranBlue has become over the last 2 years.

Top Bottom