• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Codeblue

The more I see the Cipher art, the more I think the mobile game is going to lean on it pretty heavily. The Fates art especially has that look.

Lynx_7

Sigurd: Wow, you're beautiful!
Deirdre:
Hey there handsome... Oops, I must go!
*Minutes later*
Deirdre:
Wait a second, can I join your team, mr.hottie?
Sigurd: I LOVE YOU!

Narrator: And then Sigurd, with his newly wed wife
Deirdre

Well that escalated quickly. So much for "the newer games have some awkward S ranks".

Deirdre:
*Minutes later*
Deirdre:

Deirdre

Well that escalated quickly. So much for "the newer games have some awkward S ranks".

don't worry, when IS gets around to an FE4 remake you can make an avatar and marry Sigurd Kappa

Deirdre:
*Minutes later*
Deirdre:

Deirdre

Olivia and Chrom happened faster

Lynx_7

don't worry, when IS gets around to an FE4 remake you can make an avatar and marry Sigurd Kappa

I can't wait to find out how Sigurd and
Seliph's
achievements weren't really theirs, but actually the work of best friend/lover genius-strategist-sorcerer-swordsman-dragonlord Mike, and how FE4 is merely the account of how the story has been told over countless generations, but FE15: New Geneology of the Holy War is how the events actually transpired.

Olivia and Chrom happened faster

Hey, at least she danced for him a little bit :p

Enemies are getting threatening enough that I'm remembering my incredible hate for same-turn reinforcements. There are absolutely the worst, I don't know why they brought them back, but thank Naga that they got rid of them again.

Xbro

In FE4, will
Deirdre
pass anything on to the younger generation? Or should I just sell everything she has in
Chapter 3
?

Enemies are getting threatening enough that I'm remembering my incredible hate for same-turn reinforcements. There are absolutely the worst, I don't know why they brought them back, but thank Naga that they got rid of them again.

PJSalt

Awakening only has one case of BS reinforcements!

PJSalt

Awakening only has one case of BS reinforcements!
There are no cases of non-BS reinforcements though!

I can't make informed positioning decisions if I don't know when or where or what kind of units will be appearing. Giving me a vague "This chapter has reinforcements!" does nothing because I can't adequately plan around them unless I already know the details of their existence. I'd be cool with them if there was something indicating they were coming and what kind of units they were but if I was unable to attack them, but I don't think it's a scrub thing to not memorize what units come out of which staircases on which turns.

FE6 chapter 7's are okay because they should just be a "you don't want to fight these so push hard enough to not have to deal with them but they're still kind of BS because you don't know the turn they'll show up.

On a more positive note Robin now has all stats except Mag/Luck/Res capped so that's cool.

Draxal

Elincia R and R+.

CjG-FwgUgAE3Ngh.png

There are no cases of non-BS reinforcements though!

I can't make informed positioning decisions if I don't know when or where or what kind of units will be appearing. Giving me a vague "This chapter has reinforcements!" does nothing because I can't adequately plan around them unless I already know the details of their existence. I'd be cool with them if there was something indicating they were coming and what kind of units they were but if I was unable to attack them, but I don't think it's a scrub thing to not memorize what units come out of which staircases on which turns.

FE6 chapter 7's are okay because they should just be a "you don't want to fight these so push hard enough to not have to deal with them but they're still kind of BS because you don't know the turn they'll show up.

On a more positive note Robin now has all stats except Mag/Luck/Res capped so that's cool.

What chapter are you on anyway? lol

Playing through the first Fire Emblem on GBA, pretty much my first game in this series. Have some quick questions:

1.I just beat Lyn's story but sadly Rath bit the bullet in a very unlucky last attack by Lundgren in chapter 10. The story credits state that he slips out unseen since he was defeated. I have been doing a bit of reading since Eliwood's story just started and, without spoiling myself too much, I found out Rath returns in chapter 21. However, does that still happen if he was defeated during Lyn's story? Or any other characters by that matter?

2. Connected to the first, I am now aware that units can actually die in Eliwood's story if defeated. That's a very interesting mechanic for a game but is it really recommended for a first time playthrough to not save scum? I can see how the attachment to characters can develop and it makes deaths hit harder, especially if they are decently leveled up (not too disimilar to a Pokemon Nuzlocke challenge).

Gah! The conversation between Eldigan and Sigurd in Chapter 3 is not translated.
Eh? What patch are you using? I'm pretty sure that translation should be fine in the old popular paych, although apperently there have been newer patches made recently.

Playing through the first Fire Emblem on GBA, pretty much my first game in this series. Have some quick questions:

1.I just beat Lyn's story but sadly Rath bit the bullet in a very unlucky last attack by Lundgren in chapter 10. The story credits state that he slips out unseen since he was defeated. I have been doing a bit of reading since Eliwood's story just started and, without spoiling myself too much, I found out Rath returns in chapter 21. However, does that still happen if he was defeated during Lyn's story? Or any other characters by that matter?

2. Connected to the first, I am now aware that units can actually die in Eliwood's story if defeated. That's a very interesting mechanic for a game but is it really recommended for a first time playthrough to not save scum? I can see how the attachment to characters can develop and it makes deaths hit harder, especially if they are decently leveled up (not too disimilar to a Pokemon Nuzlocke challenge).

1. I'm pretty sure that characters that fall in Lyns story do return for Eliwood's story.

2. There's nothing wrong with playing straight through FE7 without reseting for characters, and I enjoy those sorts of runs for exactly why you said (it's Nuzlocke-ish in hoe it feels). It's not common though, and some may argue it's not that great on a first playthrough unless you feel comfortable with the mechanics.

Xbro

Eh? What patch are you using? I'm pretty sure that translation should be fine in the old popular paych, although apperently there have been newer patches made recently.

I'm playing the new patch that came out quite recently.

As it turns out, the only one that isn't translated is the conversation that occurs if you let him approach you first. If Sigurd approaches him the conversation plays just fine.

Draxal

I feel like there's a ton of Soren cards. Them fangirls, man.

He has 5 right now (2 in the first Tellius set 1 Starter Exc, 1 Promo and this new one), still nowhere near Azura or Corrin territory (on the stream they had to promise no more Corrin or Azura cards in the two new sets featuring Fates cards). He's probably getting a R version like Elincia; in this set driving it up to six.

Basically, if you're a popular character from a setting or a royal in the case of Fates, you're getting assloads of cards.

alvis.exe

Set 7 is Rekka no Ken and If.

Nino

Eliwood

Yeeeeeeeees.

Kind of tired of all the Fates stuff (they've been in what, 4 sets now?) but finally FE7!

Since the top 6 characters on the old character poll were Nino, Eliwood, Hector, Raven, Matthew, Lyn... Matthew SR card pleaseeee. With good art.

Yeeeeeeeees.

Kind of tired of all the Fates stuff (they've been in what, 4 sets now?) but finally FE7!

Since the top 6 characters on the old character poll were Nino, Eliwood, Hector, Raven, Matthew, Lyn... Matthew SR card pleaseeee. With good art.

What old character poll?

Erheller

Pretty sure Rath slips out unseen anyways. I believe if a unit dies in Lyn's story, they still return in Eliwood's, but have their stats reset or something like that. I don't know the details, but I think some people intentionally kill their units at the end of Lyn's story if they don't like their growths.

Draxal

Yeeeeeeeees.

Yeah, it will be 4 out of 7 sets, and they take up two of the seven factions in game so far (Archanea, Ylisse, Hoshido, Nohr, Tellius, Elibe, Jugdral). They'll also have ~125 cards for each faction while the others will have ~100 except for Jugdral's ~50.

L95

Weebos

Banned
lol fuck Est archetypes

Also what are those star ratings supposed to be? They were there for FE6 too.

Looking at google translate, it is something about "Men support rate" and "Women support rate".

I assume it is some approximation of how well they did in the polls, separated by gender.

Looking at google translate, it is something about "Men support rate" and "Women support rate".

I assume it is some approximation of how well they did in the polls, separated by gender.

hmm I wonder, how many of the old games have these character polls

(although with every character adding up to 6 stars you can't actually see, let's say, Eliwood vs Hector's support among males, lame)

Men have shit taste confirmed

Hector with that equal men/female support approval

He really is the best

"Men were a mistake, they're nothing but trash"-PK Gaming

Draxal

Fates's Est did pretty well in the polls as well (Rev Elise).

Although now thinking about it, it might not be the Est Archetype but the cutesy young female (so more Tikish).

hmm I wonder, how many of the old games have these character polls

(although with every character adding up to 6 stars you can't actually see, let's say, Eliwood vs Hector's support among males, lame)

only one i know of is FE6's (hell, didn't even knew FE7 had one until now)

L95

I don't think the FE8 site has a poll, but the early build screens contain a few small interests

wa04NwP.jpg

Like the shaman and myrmidon that don't appear here in the final game

69EdApt.jpg

and early GK graphics (as well as the FE7 UI)

I don't think the FE8 site has a poll, but the early build screens contain a few small interests

wa04NwP.jpg

Like the shaman and myrmidon that don't appear here in the final game

69EdApt.jpg

and early GK graphics (as well as the FE7 UI)

Is that implying Marisa and Knoll were suppose to appear earlier? pretty interesting if so.

Chapter 23 proved difficult to have Robin solo rout as a Dark Flier because of the assassins so I tried out Sorcerer to see what all this Nostank hype is about

lol

PK Gaming

Chapter 23 proved difficult to have Robin solo rout as a Dark Flier because of the assassins so I tried out Sorcerer to see what all this Nostank hype is about

lol

Wait, I thought you were trivializing the entire game with Sorc + Nostank up until now?

You don't even need Galeforce to break it; just stick Robin in the middle of the map, mash start and win

Top Bottom