• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

ryseing

Giving Cormag the Dragonspear and having him murder the fuck out of Valter is one of the more satisfying things I've done in a Fire Emblem.

Hello everyone! Something odd just happened in my playthrough of Birthright just now. I turned Hisame (originally a Samurai) into a Master of Arms and when he leveled up, he learned the Aptitude skill...at level 2. And when he leveled up again, he learned the Underdog skill at level 3. Aren't these supposed to be Villager only skills or something? This isn't supposed to happen is it?

Renewed

Mozu is indeed the mom. Thank you, I was about to lose my mind lol. So can all mothers potentially pass down skills to the children?

The last equipped skill slot from each parent is passed on to the child, as well as the first available class in their class set (Caeldori with Oboro as a mother receives Spear Fighter class, but with Hana as a mother she receives Shrine Maiden because Caeldori already has Samurai in her reclass).

The last equipped skill slot from each parent is passed on to the child, as well as the first available class in their class set (Caeldori with Oboro as a mother receives Spear Fighter class, but with Hana as a mother she receives Shrine Maiden because Caeldori already has Samurai in her reclass).

Shit, I completely forgot about that stuff despite playing Awakening and having some kids in my current playthrough with parents skills. Kana's used Astra so many times, and I haven't even payed attention to that lol.

I should have mentioned this earlier as well, but Hisame got the Skill +2 skill from Mozu because she was an archer at the time I got him. I'm still pretty confused as to how he got Aptitude and Underdog though.

Edit: Oh, Master of Arms is a promoted class for both Samurai and Villager, so I guess I can see why they would pass down...I guess.

Renewed

Shit, I completely forgot about that stuff despite playing Awakening and having some kids in my current playthrough with parents skills. Kana's used Astra so many times, and I haven't even payed attention to that lol.

I should have mentioned this earlier as well, but Hisame got the Skill +2 skill from Mozu because she was an archer at the time I got him. I'm still pretty confused as to how he got Aptitude and Underdog though.

I would have thought it's because Mozu passes down Villager. Villager promotes into Master of Arms and so you're playing catch-up with gaining skills (ie. your first available level up will give you a skill you missed in the class line, meaning Aptitude then Underdog and finally start gaining Master of Arms skills).

Are they still selling the RD and POR art books in Japan?

I was thinking of buying it since I enjoyed the Awakening one.

PoR and RD are on amazon Japan for import, would be a speedy arrival knowing their courier choice.

I would have thought it's because Mozu passes down Villager. Villager promotes into Master of Arms and so you're playing catch-up with gaining skills (ie. your first available level up will give you a skill you missed in the class line, meaning Aptitude then Underdog and finally start gaining Master of Arms skills).

PoR and RD are on amazon Japan for import, would be a speedy arrival knowing their courier choice.

Thanks!

Love Tellius art

I get it now, Thanks a lot :) Hmm, on my next profile I'll try and experiment with this a bit more if possible.

Big Brett

Is FE7 worth playing solely for the tutorial? I've only played some of Awakening and Fates, and I want to get really into this game, but I'm horrible at the gameplay.

ryseing

Is FE7 worth playing solely for the tutorial? I've only played some of Awakening and Fates, and I want to get really into this game, but I'm horrible at the gameplay.

The 10 Lyn chapters provide a very good intro to the series, yes. That's where I started.

Only "bad" thing it teaches you is a mandatory reclassing at lvl 10. Wait until level 20 or until you cap stats to reclass.

When you get to Eliwood's story, use Marcus as little as possible.

jnWake

FE7 is worth playing because it's a great game with awesome characters and fun levels. It's harder than Awakening but nothing brutal in Normal mode.

Keep in mind that the mechanics are pretty different, weapons have weight, supports are very different, no pair-up, no reclassing (only promotion) and a lot moer.

The 10 Lyn chapters provide a very good intro to the series, yes. That's where I started.

Only "bad" thing it teaches you is a mandatory reclassing at lvl 10. Wait until level 20 or until you cap stats to reclass.

When you get to Eliwood's story, use Marcus as little as possible.
Both of these pieces of advice are bad. Promoting early is fine and Marcus is really good lol

ryseing

Both of these pieces of advice are bad. Promoting early is fine and Marcus is really good lol

For a first time player, relying too heavily on Marcus will screw you late game. Didn't say he was a bad unit. I know there's been the reevaluation of "Marcus is S-tier" and what-not as of late (especially as he's essential for HHM, which I have never played), but for a first timer to the series he's a trap. Give Lowen some love early on, and then Oswin/Hector. It's likely Kent/Sain will have caught up to him by the time they promote.

Promoting early is fine, yeah, but I wouldn't do it directly at level 10 like the game implies you to do with Wallace.

It blew my young pre-teen mind when Lyn's story wrapped up and it was just a TUTORIAL.

Likewise, yeah. I was bummed when Lyn said goodbye, but then I saw her a couple hours later and it was a big damn heroes moment for me.

For a first time player, relying too heavily on Marcus will screw you late game. Didn't say he was a bad unit. I know there's been the reevaluation of "Marcus is S-tier" and what-not as of late (especially as he's essential for HHM, which I have never played), but for a first timer to the series he's a trap. Give Lowen some love early on, and then Oswin/Hector. It's likely Kent/Sain will have caught up to him by the time they promote.

Promoting early is fine, yeah, but I wouldn't do it directly at level 10 like the game implies you to do with Wallace.

Assuming Lyn mode (since first time and all), Florina/Sain/Kent run circles around everyone not named Marcus the moment they rejoin (and even then, they should surpass him by about midgame).

And while I probably wouldn't promote combat units right at 10, if you wait until capping a stat you're effectively waiting until 20 lol

Erheller

Honestly all of the Jeigans from FE7 onwards are really viable. Like, might-be-the-best-units-in-the-game viable.

I get bored when I use them though so I don't.

Chrom

C4IIM-3WMAMARlo.png

Today's new card is Fee. I think that's still her English name.

Have to admit that I'm not as ecstatic for yellow this upcoming set as I was previously, character-wise. Still interested in seeing what new stuff they'll do with Bond Skills though.

ryseing

Goddamn you Ross why won't you get speed. Five fucking points below his average. He's getting doubled constantly right now. I have no other good axe wielders. UGHHH

Beckx

man, Thracia doesn't play around. boss of map 2 is serious business, if not for some crazy luck i would've lost a character or two.

posted this on echoes thread, but I guess i'll post it here as well
https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/829557002577678336
mynintendo store exclusive Valentia complete edition will be up for preorder tomorrow until 16th @ 13:00 jst for those who are planning to import. (there'll be with game & w/o game package btw) it's not 1st come 1st served since this is an apology for the ningojira back then when the store launch lol

Eusis

Welp, FE Heroes got me to finally go back to Awakening, and I plan to get to Fates sometime too.

... How worthwhile are those map DLC?

Top Bottom