• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Chase17

Pretty sure I ended my playthrough of Sacred Stones will all the Pegasus Knights dead because I'm a fool.

I usually reset though.

scarlet

Playing birthright and apparently I still have the choice to make in chapter 6. Thought it would be birthright by default, haven't picked one.

Luigi87

Playing birthright and apparently I still have the choice to make in chapter 6. Thought it would be birthright by default, haven't picked one.

In the JP physical version (and I assume here as well) if you pick the other one, it will tell you that you can't at this time.

Gruco

Banned
Not gonna lie, I think there was one time in PoR or RD where Shinon got hit at the end of a brutal chapter and I said to myself "is the world really going to miss another racist archer?" The Greil Mercenaries left a man behind that day.

This is the right choice if it was PoR. Wrong choice if Radiant Dawn.

ryseing

But Shinon is so good in Radiant Dawn...(I never even bothered to recruit him in my first play through of PoR, hated that guy :p)

Shinon was my MVP in so many RD chapters. The ability he has that draws attacks towards him is great. Once you get that bow with 3 range it's over.

Pau

Not gonna lie, I think there was one time in PoR or RD where Shinon got hit at the end of a brutal chapter and I said to myself "is the world really going to miss another racist archer?" The Greil Mercenaries left a man behind that day.
Yes, the world is going to miss another archer. But at least it wasn't Rolf you let die. He was my fave. Well, tied with Nephenee. Speaking of which, are we getting another solider or soldier like class in this game?

well you're not doing that in this game if you're playing Lunatic
inb4 mass resets to generate a super good RNG seed
Nah, I don't play on Lunatic. My nerves can only take so much.

Is it strategic to play on Hard/Lunatic for the first few chapters and drop it down for the bonus EXP of all the extra units I killed? Seems to be an easy way for an early EXP boost. If I intend to play it on Hard, why not do the first 6 chapters or so on Lunatic.
The difficulty isn't locked in? I can't remember if it was for Awakening...

Shinon was my MVP in so many RD chapters. The ability he has that draws attacks towards him is great. Once you get that bow with 3 range it's over.
He gets 3 square range always from being a Deadeye, I believe. Works with all bows, even crossbows which just makes him insane because he can attack close up too.

ryseing

He gets 3 square range always from being a Deadeye, I believe. Works with all bows, even crossbows which just makes him insane because he can attack close up too.

That's what it was. He had to promote to get that ability. I just remember attacking from 3 spots away mid part 3 and wrecking everyone.

I will often continue if a character dies as long as it was a good fight and things otherwise are fine (no other casualties that board, got extra chests with worthwhile loot, etc). It can make things uniquely memorable. Such as I remember doing Severa's recruitment mission in Awakening and getting sloppy with positioning a wyvern-riding Virion. Virion being her father in that playthrough. His ending up a casualty while trying to rescue her added an extra element that I left in the game.

I expect there will be a character or two who die noble unscripted deaths in my first Conquest run and that I will stick with it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I went to buy this today and the street date is tomorrow... FFFFF

Gamespot implied more people pre-ordered Conquest, though. Interesting.

Is it strategic to play on Hard/Lunatic for the first few chapters and drop it down for the bonus EXP of all the extra units I killed? Seems to be an easy way for an early EXP boost. If I intend to play it on Hard, why not do the first 6 chapters or so on Lunatic.

exp gain slows down faster on higher difficulties, but I'm not sure whether that's enough to outweigh the higher number of enemies early on...especially cause you won't be that overleveled yet

That's what it was. He had to promote to get that ability. I just remember attacking from 3 spots away mid part 3 and wrecking everyone.
Yeah he's by far one of the best units in the game. Basically all the Greil Mercs are awesome, but he's on another level. Still ends up being fair because of how hard RD is. I wonder if Conquest is similar in level of challenge.

Kiro

exp gain slows down faster on higher difficulties, but I'm not sure whether that's enough to outweigh the higher number of enemies early on...

Ahh true, well if there is another internal calculation happening, I am just going to play Hard all the way through. I couldn't do Lunatic at all in Awakening, rather not start off on a note of me disliking the game.

Yeah, Galeforce. But you can only get it from either owning all three paths or the Royal Royale DLC.

It is from a special class called the Dark Falcon.

It is in the Dark Flier seal to reclass if you own all 3 routes. Not that great as it was nerfed. There are better skill combinations like Puppet where you can make clones of yourself and skills to prevent double attacks for low speed units and more.

from the sounds of it
warp from the dlc
is broken

Thanks for the answers.

FIrst time through Awakening I had galeforce on almost all of the children units. Don't think I'm going to do that this time around though.

Gruco

Banned
I was really planning on sitting for a while before I get this game, but this thread is making me very tempted....

I just worry because once I pick up Conquest I know I'm at least getting Revelations and probably DLC as well...At least I can probably talk myself out of buying Awakening 2 Birthright on top of everything else.

Does anyone know how hard lunatic is this time? If the choices are normal-hard-lunatic, then is lunatic more of a hard mode with hard being poem normal? Or is it like FE12 where you HAVE to get good level ups in order to beat to beggining levels?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Random question, if you choose third neutral route first, do you have access to both sets of characters when it comes to the bond stuff?

Draxal

Random question, if you choose third neutral route first, do you have access to both sets of characters when it comes to the bond stuff?

You get every character from Nohr and missing 2 characters from Hoshido + 1 extra

Answered very briefly in the tags, nothing too descript, but playing safe.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You get every character from Nohr and missing 2 characters from Hoshido + 1 extra

Answered very briefly in the tags, nothing too descript, but playing safe.

Thanks, so - more spoilers I guess -
Do you have access to both same sex options in the neutral route?

My Conquest has been "Out for Delivery" by UPS since 7 this morning and still hasn't arrived...hmm...

Edit: Just arrived! Hard working UPS dude struggling into the wee hours to deliver my waifus, I salute you.

Kiro

Is there a Fire Emblem Fates Class tree yet? As in, what class branches to what promotions?

(And if this exists too - who can branch to what?)

quabba

Neat. I think I'm too much of a baby to play the harder game, so the neutral route might be my compromise.

I don't think this is really a spoiler but better safe.

If you want the same sex option then in;
Birthright make a
female
character
Conquest make a
male__
character
Third route you can do either.

If this is incorrect please let me know before I play half of birthright.

I'm going to play Birthright on hard as the description for normal makes it seem like easy. But I'm putting casual mode on because I take a Lot of casualties. Maybe in the third route I'll keep permadeath on and get better at surviving and making use of the abilities etc.

ryseing

Is it bad that I want this back? Cheap but so damn satisfying.

Shinon's the only archer I've ever enjoyed using so I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Is there a Fire Emblem Fates Class tree yet? As in, what class branches to what promotions?

(And if this exists too - who can branch to what?)

Serenes Forest has one.

Looking at the class tree, I just realized that there's no real equivalent to Awakening's assassins. Shame. They were a ton of fun to use between being able to use bows and Lethality. I guess Master Ninja comes the closest but they use shruikens...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't think this is really a spoiler but better safe.

If you want the same sex option then in;
Birthright make a
female
character
Conquest make a
male__
character
Third route you can do either.

If this is incorrect please let me know before I play half of birthright.

I'm going to play Birthright on hard as the description for normal makes it seem like easy. But I'm putting casual mode on because I take a Lot of casualties. Maybe in the third route I'll keep permadeath on and get better at surviving and making use of the abilities etc.
That's my understanding anyway.

Shun

OK thanks. Outside of that, no difference really?

What difficulty are you playing? Going female and having Jakob will help you with surviving in case you do something stupid because he can reclass into Great Knight.

Felicia is can heal and debuff but she is made of paper.

Also depends on who you want to support and pair up.

Either way female route is easier than male in Conquest.

What difficulty are you playing? Going female and having Jakob will help you with surviving in case you do something stupid because he can reclass into Great Knight.

Felicia is can heal and debuff but she is made of paper.

Also depends on who you want to support and pair up.

Either way female route is easier than male in Conquest.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably go Female on Normal Classic, see how it goes. I'm not that hardcore.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So...get one cart, download the other two paths at a cheaper price. Tempted to get this tonight via the ESHOP but guess I'll order Birthright from GameStop then pick up the other two next week when I'm off work.

Top Bottom