• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Units with meh strength but high speed can easily overcome combat issues with pair up and forged steel weapons, see Kaze.

on the flip side, units that appear to be too slow to double (Xander, Leo) can be given tons of speed and start destroying things

ah the wonders of pair up and tonics

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I'm stuck at Chapter 5!

I don't want anyone to die but it seems simply impossible. The Hoshido chief just die and retreat, is it normal or he could live if I were faster?

After 6-7 tries, i'm just starting to believe he has to retreat!

Lunar15

I'm stuck at Chapter 5!

I don't want anyone to die but it seems simply impossible. The Hoshido chief just die and retreat, is it normal or he could live if I were faster?

It's almost guaranteed that he will retreat there. It's fine.

I'm stuck at Chapter 5!

He's toast, let him retreat (he won't die for good).

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Well, you know what guys, I just beated the cloaked guy before Raijinto retreats! but Azura dies from the other mob.... goddamn

Then if Azura doesn't die, Rinkah does and retreat, but Rajinto retreat too...holy shit it's completely impossible.

Are there any other singers? Azura got taken out in the final turn of Birthright Chapter 11. That was a pretty damn long chapter and I really don't want to replay it right now but I do get a lot of use of the Sing ability.

Xenoflare

Are there any other singers? Azura got taken out in the final turn of Birthright Chapter 11. That was a pretty damn long chapter and I really don't want to replay it right now but I do get a lot of use of the Sing ability.

There are very few games that has multiple refreshers.

In other words no, Azura is the one and only unit that can sing in the entire cast.

PK Gaming

CcWZR2DWEAECCXp.jpg

GREAT...AETHER!

On a scale of 1-10, how hard was the day when the villager character with Aptitude killed your dog?
10 for sure, it was very sad that he had to be sacrificed to the exp grinder.

People can use Mozu if they want but I'll keep saying that she's a bad unit, the same as I'll say Odin or Hayato or Benny are bad. If someone says she is better than Takumi, I will say otherwise.

Edit: It's worth noting I use shitty characters all the time. I basically always use the female myrmidon regardless oh how much they suck (and they usually suck).

Vamphuntr

My Sniper Mozu is so strong in Conquest. Critical hit triggers so often :O

CcWZR2DWEAECCXp.jpg

GREAT...AETHER!

With one Eternal Seal you get skills at 41-42-43?

Odin has terrible growth rate for me and got benched. He's funny but after three +1 at level up bye bye. In my game Benny is better then Effie :S

I finished Chapter 14 in Birthright, but Hinoka died about halfway through. It took me like an hour to beat and I really don't want to do it over again...but I really like Hinoka and her ability is kind of amazing and helpful. Decisions, decisions.

Vamphuntr

I got skills at level 39, 40, 41 and 42.

I really should have switched over the Great Lord earlier to avoid using the Eternal Seal altogether.

I see, thanks! I suppose the best would be to do it where you are at level 15 of a promoted class (if you were 20 in your original) That would add to 35.

PK Gaming

I see, thanks! I suppose the best would be to do it where you are at level 15 of a promoted class (if you were 20 in your original) That would add to 35.

You could even do it earlier if you wanted to, since you don't get all of the skills in one go. (You get one per level up)

I'm up to 23 Conquest after having diverted to get some 2nd gens. Velouria is a major part of the army and also the one my avatar married. Makes quite a pleasant wife...and I do like the variety of voiced clips/interactions you get in the household.

Anyway, Percy has worked perfectly as a solid new wyvern that was useful to get Ignatius. And Ignatius is like having a second Effie, which is high praise.

I've allowed some unfortunate casualties on the way, because Fire Emblem. The one that hurt was Nyx earlier, who I liked to use and was set up with Xander. I've made sure to keep Siegbert active but safe. Others were Shura who was at one time a solid second healer and...Camilla, who I had rarely used actually so...eh, see ya in the cutscenes.

NeoZylom

I finished Chapter 14 in Birthright, but Hinoka died about halfway through. It took me like an hour to beat and I really don't want to do it over again...but I really like Hinoka and her ability is kind of amazing and helpful. Decisions, decisions.

Chapter 14 was a bitch! D: So hard. Had to reset like 5-6 times lol

Hazmat

10 for sure, it was very sad that he had to be sacrificed to the exp grinder.

People can use Mozu if they want but I'll keep saying that she's a bad unit, the same as I'll say Odin or Hayato or Benny are bad. If someone says she is better than Takumi, I will say otherwise.

Edit: It's worth noting I use shitty characters all the time. I basically always use the female myrmidon regardless oh how much they suck (and they usually suck).

Haha, well played.

Gaz_RB

So Keaton died right before completing chapter 24... I can still restart but that chapter was such a fucking pain in the ass and I really didn't use him at all. Sorry dude, you're the casualty. rip.

I've done that shit before haha.

"Hmm, was that guys life worth redoing this whole chapter? Sorry bud."

Chapter 14 was a bitch! D: So hard. Had to reset like 5-6 times lol

Yeah, I think this was my fifth try - got about halfway done and then she got hit by two lucky sub 50% shots in a row. Did everything right defensively but just got unlucky with the RNG. Went ahead and finished it since I was doing well, but ugh. I don't want to keep replaying it because I can see me making myself bored/frustrated with the game.

It's kind of idiotic for me to restart every time a unit dies since that's the whole point of Classic. I should just play on Casual for my own sanity.

Does anybody know if you change from Classic to Casual mid-game, do you get back the units who have already "died"?

A question about story-relevant characters and perma-death:

I don't have enough faith in my abilities to actually play through the game in Classic Mode (my units started dying as early as Chapter 3 lol), so I'm curious: what happens when characters who are supposed to be major players in the story just die with perma-death on? Do they actually die or simply cannot be commanded anymore?

I'm talking about characters like Lissa (from Awakening) and Azura.

Kiro

A question about story-relevant characters and perma-death:

I don't have enough faith in my abilities to actually play through the game in Classic Mode (my units started dying as early as Chapter 3 lol), so I'm curious: what happens when characters who are supposed to be major players in the story just die with perma-death on? Do they actually die or simply cannot be commanded anymore?

I'm talking about characters like Lissa (from Awakening) and Azura.
There is only one playable character that dies in Birthright and it can be prevented. None in Conquest. I think one playable in Revelations, but that character might not be playable at all in that path, I haven't played it yet. If the character in Birthright dies through the story, classic or casual mode, they are no longer playable and their child is unobtainable as well.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I heard Generals are bad. I don't want another Great Knight. General Ignatius bad idea?

I also heard Lodestar was bad?

darklin0

Banned
On Ch 17 Birthright, Insane, classic. This is the first mission I have completely hit a wall with.

I am gonna retire for the day in 2 more tries. ;-;

There is only one playable character that dies in Birthright and it can be prevented. None in Conquest. I think one playable in Revelations, but that character might not be playable at all in that path, I haven't played it yet. If the character in Birthright dies through the story, classic or casual mode, they are no longer playable and their child is unobtainable as well.

That's... not the question I asked. I was talking about story-relevant characters dying through normal gameplay.

PK Gaming

I heard Generals are bad. I don't want another Great Knight. General Ignatius bad idea?

I also heard Lodestar was bad?

Generals are pretty mediocre, but unless your team is hurting for good units there's no harm in making Ignatius into a general.

Haven't used the Lodestar, but it seems like a decent class.

Lucentto

Banned
Fuck this game right now, seriously fuck it.

I was on the last chapter, I had a one turn game winning strategy to kill the boss. At the very end of the fight where i'm about to kill this fucker. Dragon fang triggered, then proceeded to miss at 85%. Then all my characters got fucked over.

Fuck this game. Fuck RNG. Fuck everything. I am so mad right now.

Fuck this game right now, seriously fuck it.

I was on the last chapter, I had a one turn game winning strategy to kill the boss. At the very end of the fight where i'm about to kill this fucker. Dragon fang triggered, then proceeded to miss at 85%. Then all my characters got fucked over.

Fuck this game. Fuck RNG. Fuck everything. I am so mad right now.
That's probability for you.

Anteo

I don't know, I guess I had Donnel blazing through maps by the end of Awakening while Mozu never had that sense of grandiosity to her. Maybe it's the company she keeps, because, like has been said, Takumi and Niles overshadow her. All of the other archers look cooler, too. Not that Donnel was the king of cool or anything.

Her growths are not as good, and her start, while better, can be match by donnel in his first 2 stages (4 lvls in his recruit, at least 2 in the next and he is better)

PK Gaming

Wait.. promoted units can level past 20 now??

Yeah, with the Eternal Seal. It raises your max level cap by 5.

Keep in mind though, the Great Lord is a special class that displays your total level. If I were to switch back to the Nohr Noble class, my level would be 22.

ahaha get fucked Ryoma, you think you're tough huh

chapter 12 cleared, I actually had to reset the first time cause Corrin managed to connect two low% hits in a row before I picked up the right treasure chest (of course then the 2nd time she missed twice...)

Cross post <3
Trying to get this game has been quite the journey. I was in Toronto last weekend, no longer a 3DS owner, I decided that I would like dive into Fates seeing as I thoroughly enjoyed Awakening when it released. Four times that weekend I "almost" bought a copy but each time I bailed at the last second. I get back from Toronto and pick up a used 3DS and then head out to get Birthright. First three stores, no luck. Decide to try again at the end of the week. Same deal, no luck. Decide to just go digital after having that option recommended in this thread, pick up two Nintendo cards and call up their customer service line in order to transfer my ID over. A bit of my info on their side is slightly off but we get that all fixed, the lady on the other end of the line seems nice, she says we should small talk while she uploads the information. There's a bit of a back and forth and then she lets me know I should be good to go in 3-4 business days.
I hope this game is worth it, dammit </3

omlet

The absurd skill distribution on random mook enemies in this game is driving me insane. What kind of fucking archers get Counter lol...
all of them on the map and
enough to kill Effie
, apparently.

GamerSoul

Yeah, with the Eternal Seal. It raises your max level cap by 5.

Keep in mind though, the Great Lord is a special class that displays your total level. If I were to switch back to the Nohr Noble class, my level would be 22.

Oh ok that's good to know. Thanks! The seals this time around are a little confusing, imo, so I'm not exactly sure how to get a particular skill from certain classes. Maybe it's just my initial play through experience but I feel Awakening's seals were easier to follow.

Lynx_7

Chapter 12 Conquest fucked me up real good. Gave me waaay more trouble than 10. I even had to ignore the treaure chests and end the fight as soon as possible because there was no way my units would have survived
the archers reinforcements.
Also, contrary to what others have been saying here, my Mozu has been consistently outclassing Niles as of late. I'm not sure if he got rng screwed or she just got blessed.

Now I don't know which units to keep. Between Silas, Peri, Selena and Laslow, which are better to stick with?

Hugstable

Banned
Got Ryoma up to Level 20 SwordMaster, should I be reclassing him into Master of Arms or Dread Fighter/Dark Falcon? I also saw I can do the 2 flying horse knights, but I already got enough of those and don't want Ryoma flying around.

I have a problem. Ryoma and my Mozu/Oboro pair up are eating all the EXP and I'm on chapter 21 Birthright.

Like holy shit Ryoma is a god damn one man wrecking crew and my Mozu just has critical for days.

Maps are literally becoming: Send Ryoma and Mozu out and watch everything die to them.

Top Bottom