• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Dresden

Conquest, chapter 9 - keep doing stupid things here. I love it.

First reset: charged through the front, lost two units to the spear fighters (fuck seal defense) and archers.

Second reset: broke through the wall on the bottom, went up and forgot about the archers in the middle. Silas got wrecked by a shining bow user because he stood next to a wall.

Third reset: that reinforcement from like three different corners once I hit the middle

Fourth reset: figured out at this point that the green squares on the ground is the effective range for the unit spamming Enfeeble. It has four charges, so I can probably just plop someone useless like Odin or Nyx to bait four turns off the priest before moving in.

Accidentally placed Effie next to the wall. Done for the night. Reminded of horrific stories about chapter 10 lunatic and I'm not even there yet. I really like what I've seen of Conquest over Birthright, though.

Birthright 17

Well that was fucking stupid.
There was no reason for her to kill herself.
Damnit.

Birthright 18

That was awesome. I was sweating at the end there.
Just when I thought I cleared out all of the zombie dudes, Leo decides to create a dozen more and completely surround my units. Everyone had less than 10 HP but Ryoma da gawd just took Leo down in one hit and I won.
Whew.

hupla

I'm at this point in conquest where I have a bunch of people at A rank support but want to also level them up more before going to s and getting kids. Mozu is only at like level 4 and I need to reclass her and then still level her up for a skill I want but its hard to grind exp in this game any reccomendations?

Baliis

I have a problem. Ryoma and my Mozu/Oboro pair up are eating all the EXP and I'm on chapter 21 Birthright.

Like holy shit Ryoma is a god damn one man wrecking crew and my Mozu just has critical for days.

Maps are literally becoming: Send Ryoma and Mozu out and watch everything die to them.

This is becoming Kaden/Felicia for me. Chapter 24 on Birthright was intense as hell on the right side as I tried to deal with the fliers and mages coming in, just rolled Kaden/Felicia up the left side by themselves, they didn't take a single hit from anything, and even if they had their res are so high they take like 5 damage max from casters.

Ryoma destroys anyone he attacks, but I'm finding he gets hit too often to just leave alone, especially with his low res, only 16 for me. Even with like 30 chance to hit it only takes two solid hits to bring him down where Kaden can tank for days, especially against casters since he has 35 res right now.

Mozu I agree on though, crits for days. Whoever said Takumi is better is outta their minds unless I just got shitty stats on my Takumi,she blows him out of the water on every stat except HP, and has way more speed so she doubles everyone where he usually on gets singles.

Lynx_7

Now I don't know which units to keep. Between Silas, Peri, Selena and Laslow, which are better to stick with?

No suggestions? :/
I'm really afraid of picking up a mediocre team and screwing myself up in the long run, specially considering Conquest hard/classic doesn't seem to give much leeway for you to just experiment with various units. I get really OCD about choosing the right people.

MoonFrog

Playing Nohr hard, classic and up to 21 so far. I am enjoying it quite a lot. I knew that the game wasn't going to have the world-building, more idiosyncratic-to-the-series characters, or the simple, yet fleshed out and enjoyable war stories of pre-Awakening FE. I also don't much like the art style of this or Awakening. (Basically, I miss when FE was its own 'nerdy' thing as opposed to its current poppy veneer). The one thing that was going to sell me on the game were the maps that everyone was talking up for Conquest. They are very different for the series but in a good way with less of an emphasis on surviving the crashes of hordes and more of an emphasis on dealing with individually stronger units, individual map quirks, and making the right pull. I wish I had more time to play (had a lot more the first weekend)!

Also did the first couple levels of Hoshido lunatic to change the pace and try out the units my sister has been using (she played Hoshido hard but was disappointed with the challenge and has started Nohr hard.) I'm a little disappointed so far and it seems simpler than Nohr hard even on lunatic. Maybe it picks up (only got through to level 10 before going back to Nohr)? That said, its sort of difficulty did feel more in line with older FEs (lots of reinforcements and charging enemies).

I'm sad that the story is so god awful and lazily put together. The basic concept of Nohr could have been really well utilized, but every story that has any potential is barely noted if at all and the driving plot points are all forced and ultimately silly. I think the game would have benefited just by having more walls of text and being forced to explain and make good sense of its movements. But the basic premise has me imagining if a Sejong/Taejong inspired FE campaign could just be...FE just needs 'nerdier' story direction again. Pretty sure that's never going to happen, but a man can dream.

That said, I have connected with the characters better than I did with the Awakening cast. I'm quite fond of my army. A lot of that is down to experiencing the maps with them, but I tend to think they also just are better. Not sure if I'm right on that.

In any case, Conquest hard is a blast. I'm not sold on Hoshido lunatic yet, but I'm open to it.

When I'm done with Conquest, I think I'm gonna hold off on Fire Emblem Hos/Rev.

I'm gonna get burn out, but at least I have somethings to look forward to

Ninferno

WTF, I just realized Azura can wield lances after finishing chapter 12 (conquest), and that was only because she was pitched in the arena… As a proud FE veteran who have played every single FE game (English or not), I feel so ashamed that I almost want to bang my head against the wall…

Neol

End of Chapter 13 conquest
Man fuck Hans. Killed my Birthright waifu ;-;

WTF, I just realized Azura can wield lances after finishing chapter 12 (conquest), and that was only because she was pitched in the arena… As a proud FE veteran who have play every single FE game (English or not), I feel so ashamed that I almost want to bang my head against the wall…

Its okay. Its not really advisable for her to fight anyway.

Vamphuntr

Conquest Chapter 15 is basically the point where they gave up and came up with a dumb excuse so that you would do the same thing as in Birthright. It's so stupid I can't believe a professional writer wrote this.

Azura show you with a mystical crystal that King Garon is a monster and her solution so your siblings would believe it is that you conquer Hoshido and make the king sit on the magic throne that will reveal his true self.

WTF, I just realized Azura can wield lances after finishing chapter 12 (conquest), and that was only because she was pitched in the arena… As a proud FE veteran who have play every single FE game (English or not), I feel so ashamed that I almost want to bang my head against the wall…
Doesn't really matter. She can't take a hit. 19HP at level 40...

Anteo

WTF, I just realized Azura can wield lances after finishing chapter 12 (conquest), and that was only because she was pitched in the arena… As a proud FE veteran who have played every single FE game (English or not), I feel so ashamed that I almost want to bang my head against the wall…

How? Dancers could use swords in Awakening, so it isnt even new for their type to use weapons, and she joins you with a lance equiped!

Luigi87

So I misunderstood the objective of Conquest Ch.12... Didn't realize I had to actually win in under 16 turns. I thought it was 16 turns or defeat the boss (as in the former would get locked out)

>_<

Xenoflare

Doesn't really matter. She can't take a hit. 19HP at level 40...

She hit 25HP when she was level 18 for me.

Though it doesn't matter because I never used her to fight, no one touched her until endgame.

^Yeah that's my problem too, I thought it's either escape within 16 turns or not and beat Ryoma.

It's phrased in a way to be confusing really. That 16 turns part should be the last line and not the second

Leiru

She hit 25HP when she was level 18 for me.

Though it doesn't matter because I never used her to fight, no one touched her until endgame.

^Yeah that's my problem too, I thought it's either escape within 16 turns or not and beat Ryoma.

It's phrased in a way to be confusing really. That 16 turns part should be the last line and not the second

Wait so are you supposed to beat the boss under 16 turns? is that what its saying?

Moonlight

Banned
Wait so are you supposed to beat the boss under 16 turns? is that what its saying?
You can just kill one of his guards and escape.

Or if you're like me, completely forget that 'escape' is a command than take Corrin on a ride on top of a cavalry unit and separate the pair on the fifteen turn.

Neol

Okay, so irrelevant to the topic at hand, but can you shoot me the source for your avatar?

Sure. Stabby~

OgtRUoE.png

oops link died

Leiru

Eacape before 16 turns or beat him by then.
One you beat him chapter ends.

You can just kill one of his guards and escape.

Or if you're like me, completely forget that 'escape' is a command than take Corrin on a ride on top of a cavalry unit and separate the pair on the fifteen turn.

Then i guess i understood it perfectly, probably because it was similar to chapter 12 but you get out instead.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So.... Felicia, Azura, or someone else as waifu in first game playthrough? (Birthright)

Man the ending to chapter 17 Birthright is the dumbest thing. Like I thought it made little sense and was over-the-top when I played the JP version, but with this muted voice acting it's even worse. I really hope they bring back 8-4 Ltd. for future FE games' localizations. Or at least get better VA direction.

Oboro and Kaden B rank support had some very odd word choice...
Oboro: I'm going to keep riding you until you can do this on your own.
Kaden: Ha, guess I'll keep trying to get better at this then.

Xenoflare

hooooooo-oooly fuck, chapter 17 of conquest

Took one good look at that map and just went 'that's enough FE for me today'.

That map made me fear the dolls, creepy AF and those debuffs holy shit. That and chapter 13 is the one I restarted the most

And I'm even playing on casual

I'm at Chapter 20 on Birthright and I have yet to marry anyone yet since I'm not sure what choices to make.

I think I should just get the parents to level 5 promoted for their respective skills then pick up the kids.

GSR

My advice:
don't even bother trying to keep Saizou alive. All you lose is I think a Speedwing or something. Sure take his help while you can get it but he will happily charge straight into enemy mobs and at some point you just gotta let him.

I'm at Chapter 20 on Birthright and I have yet to marry anyone yet since I'm not sure what choices to make.

I think I should just get the parents to level 5 promoted for their respective skills then pick up the kids.
I'm at chapter 20 as well on birthright and most of my characters are married. I also have 5 children and 2 other paralogues to complete. I also have most of my crew used a master class or at level 20.

Shun

My advice:
don't even bother trying to keep Saizou alive. All you lose is I think a Speedwing or something. Sure take his help while you can get it but he will happily charge straight into enemy mobs and at some point you just gotta let him.

Best advice is weapon triangle and make the most of baiting out and stalling the map.

Bows and Axe work best against ninja. Map is fairly straightforward and doable, just the final boss can avoid shit like no other. Swords? 10-20% accuracy. Bows? 50-60. Axes? like 70 at best, maybe 80. Guard Stance is your best friend.

Top Bottom