• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Just beat Birthright chapter 19 on Lunatic. The last few chapters have been pretty easy since I recently promoted all my units, but chapter 19 in particular was extremely easy. I guess it can be challenging if you don't have a mix of magic and physical units, but even just a few of each is enough to do this chapter. Cool mechanic with the stairs though.

LegendX48

Playing Conquest on Hard/Classic and... How in the fuck are you supposed to get through chapter 8? Been stuck on it on since the weekend @_@

Gaz_RB

Playing Conquest on Hard/Classic and... How in the fuck are you supposed to get through chapter 8? Been stuck on it on since the weekend @_@

Push left with everyone from spawn, kill mages, then push Silas and Elise left towards the houses (staying out of danger zones except for Flora's). Silas gets frozen usually if you put him right next to the house, then elise can run up to the other house. The lancer guy coming down wont attack as long as there is a still a house to inspect on the left side.

In the mean time, collapse the rest of your units back into your spawn point and create a kill box for the incoming wave, bringing Silas and Elise back after they checked both the left houses. They should make it just in time to get to spawn before the waves comes. Kill the wave, then clear the map counter clockwise, being wary of danger zones.

That's how I did it anyway!

This is really sad, I uh have some bad news for you.

Say it ain't so!

Felicia as a strategist is wrecking fools even with the shitty Rat tome, I'm surprised.

Felicia is a damned goon. I gave her those Flame Shuriken things that go off Magic and she just slays everything. 30x2 pretty much everytime.

Leap frog your units to the west with Silas and use the dragon veins asap to get an advantageous position on the enemy. If you're going for the bonus use Silas to visit the two western houses and avoid the maid.

I could handle everything pretty well. It's when those reinforcements start coming where everything fell apart at bit. Glad they were not infinite lol.

That's cool to hear! Those reinforcement makes me anxious. I always think if any enemies are going to pop up at the path near the boss.

LegendX48

Leap frog your units to the west with Silas and use the dragon veins asap to get an advantageous position on the enemy. If you're going for the bonus use Silas to visit the two western houses and avoid the maid.

Push left with everyone from spawn, kill mages, then push Silas and Elise left towards the houses (staying out of danger zones except for Flora's). Silas gets frozen usually if you put him right next to the house, then elise can run up to the other house. The lancer guy coming down wont attack as long as there is a still a house to inspect on the left side.

In the mean time, collapse the rest of your units back into your spawn point and create a kill box for the incoming wave, bringing Silas and Elise back after they checked both the left houses. They should make it just in time to get to spawn before the waves comes. Kill the wave, then clear the map counter clockwise, being wary of danger zones.

That's how I did it anyway!

Say it ain't so!

That's pretty much what I've been doing but those mages annihilate my units with ease >.> no one can endure more than a single attack from anyone. Starting to feel like I need to completely start over

Boney

Banned
Finally managed to clear chapter 12 Nohr and even managed
to take down ryoma
. After that I decided what the hell and married Corrin with Jakob seeing they reached S rank fast enough and I thought getting kid corn early might be good. But after unlocking the paralogue I realized I don't have any good skills to pass down with Jakob. Best I have is reverse madmoiselle which eh, is pretty defensive and it might not suit kid Corrin well. I saved so I closed the deal with Jakob, guess I could change classes and get some good skills fast enough. What does tactician, great knight and paladin have? Anything noteworthy?

I also unlocked Jakob's son, how is he and his paralogue, didn't even check what class he is. Should I unlock him first?

That's pretty much what I've been doing but those mages annihilate my units with ease >.> no one can endure more than a single attack from anyone. Starting to feel like I need to completely start over
I sent everyone west except for Corrin and Jakob (the butler) which went north quickly to get the soldier. So I managed to get the south western house and the northern one.

Gaz_RB

Do you still have Felicia? By the time I got to that mission I was using her to tank those mages because her Res was so high.

spiritfox

to take down ryoma
. After that I decided what the hell and married Corrin with Jakob seeing they reached S rank fast enough and I thought getting kid corn early might be good. But after unlocking the paralogue I realized I don't have any good skills to pass down with Jakob. Best I have is reverse madmoiselle which eh, is pretty defensive and it might not suit kid Corrin well. I saved so I closed the deal with Jakob, guess I could change classes and get some good skills fast enough. What does tactician, great knight and paladin have? Anything noteworthy?

I also unlocked Jakob's son, how is he and his paralogue, didn't even check what class he is. Should I unlock him first?

I sent everyone west except for Corrin and Jakob (the butler) which went north quickly to get the soldier. So I managed to get the south western house and the northern one.

Great Knight gets Luna.

champloo

I'm at Conquest chapter 18 and just unlocked my first paralogues. I heard the main chapters scale with my team level? So if I start doing all the paralogues, is that gonna make the main story harder(or easier)?

Boney

Banned
Great Knight gets Luna.
Just realized my only second seal I had to buy I spent on Nozu. I'm not using any of the wireless stuff because it seems like cheating but maybe it's balanced around visiting other castles? Do you get more heart seals soon?

champloo

Just realized my only second seal I had to buy I spent on Nozu. I'm not using any of the wireless stuff because it seems like cheating but maybe it's balanced around visiting other castles? Do you get more heart seals soon?

It's a pretty limited resource until you get staves store Lv.3

Neol

to take down ryoma

Jakob's son, personality wise, is probably one of my favorites for the fact he's such a goddamn weirdo compared to his father. Otherwise his class is a troubadour so if you need a healer he does alright. Feel like his value is downgraded in Nohr since you already have Elise. His paralogue from what I remember wasn't too bad.

Vamphuntr

Beat Conquest Chapter 16

Lost about 1500 Gold :(

Quick question.
Is the boss always the same soldier? It was the last one in my case the one completely on the right.

I immediately changed Moku to an archer with a heart seal. Was that smart or would there have been a Magikarp-style benefit to leveling her as a villager?

Balphon

I immediately changed Moku to an archer with a heart seal. Was that smart or would there have been a Magikarp-style benefit to leveling her as a villager?

Not really. She's better as an Archer and the second Villager skill is meh.

The only downside is that you could've given the heart seal to someone else if Mozu doesn't turn out well.

Usually those squire esque classes are essentially free extra levels to take advantadge of those units particularly high growths.

Ever since Awakening brought class changing to the table, theres really no limit on reclassing, so its not that big of a deal anymore. That said, if Villager had a skill to unlock at a later level, you won't get it now.

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong here though.

Not really. She's better as an Archer and the second Villager skill is meh.

The only downside is that you could've given the heart seal to someone else if Mozu doesn't turn out well.
She's been pretty damn good so far. And she seems to benefit the most from the seal since she sucks in her default class, I'm not even sure who else I could use it on right now.

After Donnel I really didn't want to to level another villager, what a pain in the ass that was.

LegendX48

Do you still have Felicia? By the time I got to that mission I was using her to tank those mages because her Res was so high.

Yeah, she can take a decent amount of hits but the mages ignore her and niles and go straight for everyone else. Then the axe users just kill everyone.

Now I understand why Felicia was so good in my Conquest Hard game, she found her item Felicia's plate that deal magic damage! Before chapter 8...damn I was lucky haha

The weapon also debuffs

After hardwork (Marrying Mozu to Niles) I got the most requested skill on Nina.
Bowfaaaaaaaaaaaaire :D

Come get your bowfaire on Nina
10793-94320
04729-30704

I'm desperate for vp/bp

Now I understand why Felicia was so good in my Conquest Hard game, she found her item Felicia's plate that deal magic damage! Before chapter 8...damn I was lucky haha

The weapon also debuffs

Once you get Flame Shuriken, Felicia becomes even better

Anustart

Something I was going to ask but forgot. When I was creating my character it gave me options for scars and stuff, but none actually showed except the eye patch. Anyone experience that?

Astral Dog

21 Birthright though..It burns!!

I just got there, the one
with the stone Golems
i was wondering when those guys would show up, the map looks pretty cool.

Now, with Paralogue 2 i was happy because after a long time i thought i was going to beat it, Ryoma as the main unit, killed all map soldiers, the shield guy, then two other fools appeared and talked , i beat them too, then suddendly the map fills up again with enemies! isnt that too much?

those paralogues are beyond my tactical skills, i can at least be proud of beating paralogue 10
even if the fox girl was killed :,(

Something I was going to ask but forgot. When I was creating my character it gave me options for scars and stuff, but none actually showed except the eye patch. Anyone experience that?

there are some things that dont show up except for the eyepatches, for some reason, i cant remember, but the scars should be noticeable on the Avatar, i thinks its another option, search more options a bit.

KarmaCow

Those don't show up on the in-game model I assume because of technical limitations but they do on the character portrait.

The moles show up IIRC. Some of the more subtle options would be hard given the fidelity of the models.

Did anyone else find the difficulty setting a little off? I started Birthright on Hard, the descriptions made it sound like Halo where Hard is the "real experience" or whatever.

On the third mission the maid got killed accidentally. I almost reset, but then I saw the cutscene after that mission and thought "OK, maybe it doesn't matter" and kept going. But then I got my ass handed to me on Mission 4 twice (I think it was 4, the one with the snow). So I dropped it down to Normal but now it's a total cakewalk, I'm on Mission 10 now and it takes two hits max to kill enemies.

ChrisD

Yeah, I noticed that. Didn't plan on using them, thankfully.

Kevinroc

Just conquered Conquest.

I lost most of my team at the end despite not losing anyone up to that point, but I finally defeated "Takumi" with Corrin. Corrin only had 1 HP left and would have lost if my partner hadn't blocked "Takumi's" last attack. Never had it that close in any of the FE games I played through.

As I was lucky enough to obtain the SE, I still have Birthright and Revelations to play through.

Edit: Seeing Iwata's name in the credits... I knew that would happen, but...

Just finished birthright on hard! If there is one thing that annoyed me it was that stupid teleportation staff on chapter 25. Other then that the best kid is Kiragi and the mvp is Ryoma.

Top Bottom