• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Dad

Finished Birthright finally

They really don't bother to explain anything about Garon or Azura, do they? I guess they really want you to buy Revelations :/
Still, game was a ton of fun. I'll probably take a short break before hopping into Conquest though

Tingle

Finished Birthright finally

They really don't bother to explain anything about Garon or Azura, do they? I guess they really want you to buy Revelations :/
Still, game was a ton of fun. I'll probably take a short break before hopping into Conquest though

I'm not sure specifically what you are looking for, but a lot of Conquest goes into Garon.

Birthright 23 was the hardest map so far. I lost a lot of units during this map, whew. I should have just used a smaller force to get to the boss instead of trying to move my entire army through tight spaces. Fun map.

That music was so fucking good though. Very hype.

I think I prefer conquest over road taken, and I think don't speak her name is the best song of the two games, but other than that ... I think Fates takes the overall crown.

"Dont speak her name!" is fantastic and that level was really memorable. I like "Conquest" a lot but "Road Taken" has a great feeling. Awakening had some solid tracks but I agree Fates has a much better OST overall.

Thorn in Your Side and End of it All are pretty great. Azura's song is not bad, but abused so much.

End of it All is amazing. I heard that when the OST leaked about a year ago and its the most fitting endgame track. Still gives me goosebumps.

I like Azuras theme a lot. I just wish in the English version, she used an instrument instead of actually singing her part in english. Sounds goofy when she just sings the first two lines only. I love every variation of that song too.

Road taken is my castle theme

It used to be mine as well but I didnt want to grow tired of it so I changed it back to the default.

A Dark Fall (fire) is the best song in fates

Oh damn that song is dope. Cant wait to play Conquest and see what level it comes up in.

Kevinroc

Does it give him motivations beyond just sort of being a dick?

Just answering your question without actually spoiling it. But I will spoiler tag it to keep the discussion going since I just beat Conquest.

Yes. But it leaves some questions that it doesn't answer. It's clear that Revelations has those answers.

Birthright Hard became a joke as soon as my units were promoted. Classic Fire Emblem.

Same with Birthright Lunatic. I could've literally done all of chapter 20 with one of my units. each of the enemies there would die in one turn and do like 5 damage to even my healer. Hope it ramps up in difficulty for the last few chapters, but I doubt it. And I've only do the main chapters plus 2 paralogues.

pariah164

I'm on Chapter 19. I have around 65 DVP in Birthright, just from grinding supports. Done with FeMU, working on Hinata. This... This is gonna take a while. So. Many. Supports. Were there this many supports in Awakening?

Same with Birthright Lunatic. I could've literally done all of chapter 20 with one of my units. each of the enemies there would die in one turn and do like 5 damage to even my healer. Hope it ramps up in difficulty for the last few chapters, but I doubt it. And I've only do the main chapters plus 2 paralogues.
fwiw I probably could've had more success by lowmanning and/or doing more paralogues (I also only did 2 paralogues for fear of breaking the exp curve too much) but I found the difficulty did ramp up here in a bit, with only Ryoma really being capable of doing crazy solo shenanigans.

Conquest RNG is bullshit.

Missed 2 88%s in a row, got counter critted by a 1% chance.

In birthright when Takumi or Ryoma says they have a 30% crit chance it might as well be 70, in conquest a 30% crit might as well be 3%.

Tingle

Conquest RNG is bullshit.

Missed 2 88%s in a row, got counter critted by a 1% chance.

In birthright when Takumi or Ryoma says they have a 30% crit chance it might as well be 70, in conquest a 30% crit might as well be 3%.

Its not using a different formula, its just a trademark desire sensor.

Tingle

Is it worth it to use Offspring Seals immediately?

That's what I did, and all of them started off as very powerful units. They will immediately get the lower level skills from that class too. Otherwise they will be sitting at level 20 and just eating up experience. You can have the children use the seals on the map, even.

Brakke

Banned
Uhhhh why did my girl Orochi ask me to blow her uhhhh.

Is there a game benefit reason to carry on with this Bond thing...

Xenoflare

I ended up going back to replaying conquest instead of doing birthright.

Feels a bit wrong to have Corrin and Ryoma to wreck everything

That's what I did, and all of them started off as very powerful units. They will immediately get the lower level skills from that class too. Otherwise they will be sitting at level 20 and just eating up experience. You can have the children use the seals on the map, even.

If you're too lazy to grind it out. Grinding might give you better stats and growths, but it isn't worth the slight boost. You mind as well use it right away to get them up to speed and max your stats from there on.

Thanks.

I guess I'll use them immediately then.

Marz

So if i have the special edition cart and i finish birthright and go on to conquest, i can hop back into my birthright save whenever i want? I dont use one file and import units to the next game they literally treat it like two different games?

RM8

Loving Hoshido, but I might want to start a new file on hard, it's really not very challenging, lol. But yeah, pretty much loving everything else about it and I'm still glad I decided to play this version first.

Brakke

Banned
So if i have the special edition cart and i finish birthright and go on to conquest, i can hop back into my birthright save whenever i want? I dont use one file and import units to the next game they literally treat it like two different games?

You start the second campaign by picking "start from branch" or whatever and then you can put that campaign in a separate save slot, load up either one later.

Xenoflare

Uhhh your special version should have 9 saves, the game shares some mutual data like the records hall and such but other than that they are treated as separate games,

Phocks

yes

Loving Hoshido, but I might want to start a new file on hard, it's really not very challenging, lol. But yeah, pretty much loving everything else about it and I'm still glad I decided to play this version first.

Hard definitely feels right for Hoshido. Feels more like the traditional FE difficulty seen in the GBA (maybe not SS though) and GC/Wii games.

Moonlight

Banned
Does Lunge work if you miss? Don't wanna risk testing it myself. :x

EDIT: fuck everything about the chapter 17 boss. fucking. holy shit. i did everything on that map and killed everyone. and now it doesn't matter because that dude is hanging out on the most overpowered terrain element. fuck this guy. seriously.

champloo

Does Lunge work if you miss? Don't wanna risk testing it myself. :x

EDIT: fuck everything about the chapter 17 boss. fucking. holy shit. i did everything on that map and killed everyone. and now it doesn't matter because that dude is hanging out on the most overpowered terrain element. fuck this guy. seriously.

lol I spent 8 hours on that chapter yesterday before finishing it. I had it to the boss once and put Effie next to him. I was feeling pretty good until the boss used Flame Shuriken on her.
You could send Kaze or Niles to remove the terrain debuff and have Azura or using shelter skill to rescue him.
After that the hit rate was around 50% with my best units. I ended up attack once per turn to make sure everyone is safe.

I am so done

I cant fucking stand chapter 12 conquest

Ive been stuck on it for days

I like that map a lot. Have you been taking advantages of the medicine pots?

hpkomic

Neo Member
I've restarted my Nohr campaign three times because I am still getting lost with the reclass system and was unhappy with my choices. From what I have gathered, I should level my base class to 20, master seal to promote, and then at level 15 of the promotion reclass via heart/friend/partner seals where I can earn more skills from 16-20?

Does that mean that I'll get the skills of the promoted class I switch to, as well as the skills of that class-line's prepromotes?

NeonZ

I've restarted my Nohr campaign three times because I am still getting lost with the reclass system and was unhappy with my choices. From what I have gathered, I should level my base class to 20, master seal to promote, and then at level 15 of the promotion reclass via heart/friend/partner seals where I can earn more skills from 16-20?

Does that mean that I'll get the skills of the promoted class I switch to, as well as the skills of that class-line's prepromotes?

Yes, you'll get the first class skills too. Although, really, I'm not sure how good that reclassing strategy is. Conquest's last stage actually is hard even for a powerful team, unlike the usual for Fire Emblem, so you'll want your team at its best, not with some inferior class just to go after skills.

hpkomic

Neo Member
Yes, you'll get the first class skills too. Although, really, I'm not sure how good that reclassing strategy is. Conquest's last stage actually is hard even for a powerful team, unlike the usual for Fire Emblem, so you'll want your team at its best, not with some inferior class just to go after skills.

Once I have my skills I can just use a master seal to switch back to my superior class though, right?

Finished Birthright.

I barely finished Invasion 3 (I do not consider this spoilers at all due to their nature)... that sure had to be the toughest Birthright "level" at Normal. At first it was going pretty smoothly, but then my army starts to get decimated by the reinforcements and swarming. Ended up having to rely on myself and Kaden as dodge-machines... and even then, eventually, Kaden got two hits too many and fell, too.

Though I guess me and Oboro worked out in the end, eh?

Finished the endgame chapters too.

I wasn't expecting a menu lockout and no chapter saves when going from the second-to-last chapter to the final chapter in the game. Also, the final boss was a pushover, given that I managed to two-turn it. Poor Azura, though.

Now to think about Conquest or if I should wait a bit for Revelation.

Boney

Banned
It's a pretty limited resource until you get staves store Lv.3
Hmm, speaking of which. Is it recommended to actively participate in online my castle stuff? So far I've had one invasion which I assume was just cpu stuff and just get one point to build or upgrade per chapter and not much else.

Jakob's son, personality wise, is probably one of my favorites for the fact he's such a goddamn weirdo compared to his father. Otherwise his class is a troubadour so if you need a healer he does alright. Feel like his value is downgraded in Nohr since you already have Elise. His paralogue from what I remember wasn't too bad.
I guess I could pass on decent skills right away instead of kid Corrin. Might as well go for it.

Cause everyone can move towards you after that, that's scary.
They hit surprisingly hard with the Steel Yumi's yeah. But it's worth it for the experience in my opinion. Plus
reinforcements start coming at around turn 8 iirc so if you take the longer side routes they'll catch up to you.
I finished it yesterday and I was stuck in it for days as well because I always ended with someone killed for the stupidest of things.

Finally got my Rod store to level 3 and was able to obtain the Arms boosting item and gave some love to my Great Knight Sophie so now she's significantly more useful.

Decided to finally give Asugi(Master Ninja) chance to prove himself when I did Birthright Chapter 22. I'm happy to report he's a much better unit than expected. I wasn't sure what kind of unit he would turn out to be with Sakura(Priestess) as his mother. His critical rate was insane around the 30%~40% range which rivals Takumi(Sniper) and Mozu(Sniper) his biggest drawback is he doesn't have nearly the power behind his attack like they do.

Either way got through Chapter 22 easily because the enemy had a huge amount of trouble even hitting my team.

massoluk

Banned
Fuck Conquest 10, Jesus.
Someone always ends up dying on turn 11.

Know the feeling. Took my an entire weekend to get through that one and chapter 11. That damn Fire Emblem crit RNG got me good half a dozen times at turn 11.

Chapter 12 is some gigantic bs maze for me right now. I will never get to level that village girl at this point. Too much a liability on the field.

Top Bottom