• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Renewed

anyone on this?

You can gain DVP in Castle visits/battles/using facilities so it's not hard to place and upgrade things.

Feeding something like fish may favour a Speed growth but you'll also build other growths and you'll eventually cap them all out. As long as you upgrade Lilith's temple when you notice you aren't gaining any stats you'll be fine.

silva1991

No, if you want to RNG to reset you need to replay the chapter.

If you try to level up via battle saves you'll find that all the growths are going to be exactly the same

Which means you are pretty fucked if you got a 1 point level up towards the end of the chapter.

Lordy

I will accept whatever I get then

unlike Birthright, it takes me forever to finish one chapter in Conquest.

Xenoflare

anyone on this?

It's actually pretty pointless, because the higher ranked castles are actually the ones that are easy to seize, you get nothing from making your base "good" by making it a stronghold. The highest ranked castles are literally maxed out characters with game breaking skills with no weapons equipped.

This is because players just use the mycastles to grind supports or to purchase skills and none of which would be an easy ride if the castle is built "properly"

Just do whatever you want with it really, feeding Lilith is pretty pointless too since it only affects her strength in the mycastle battle, she's AI controlled anyways.

The building upgrade are hard locked with your chapter progress so just update them if you see them on the list

It's actually pretty pointless, because the higher ranked castles are actually the ones that are easy to seize, you get nothing from making your base "good" by making it a stronghold. The highest ranked castles are literally maxed out characters with game breaking skills with no weapons equipped.

This is because players just use the mycastles to grind supports or to purchase skills and none of which would be an easy ride if the castle is built "properly"

Just do whatever you want with it really, feeding Lilith is pretty pointless too since it only affects her strength in the mycastle battle, she's AI controlled anyways.

The building upgrade are hard locked with your chapter progress so just update them if you see them on the list

Thanks for the info (to you and everyone who responded)

Can you go into more detail on the bolded? How does it make it harder to grind supports or purchase skills if the castle is built properly?

Xenoflare

Can you go into more detail on the bolded? How does it make it harder to grind supports or purchase skills if the castle is built properly?

By "properly" I mean a castle with strong defenses and strong units with powerful weapons, simply because the challenger would get wrecked before the battle ever starts.

In order to purchase skills, you need to claim victory, and to grind supports, you have to make sure one pair of units can dispatch everything on the map. If the castle has it's defenses set up properly then none of those would be easy

Tingle

Its tougher to fight units in well-built castles, as all of the buildings provide buffs.

Due to that, people grind on the easy castles.

Xenoflare

Ultimately the only things that matters in the castle are the utility buildings like the weapon/staff stores, and the cap increasing statues

Camilla and Niles first support: damn, shots fired!

Finished chapter 13 of Conquest. That was gruesome.
Looks like fear and not love keeps the royal family from disobeying Garon. RIP Scarlet :(

Chase17

After a week break following my completion of Hoshido, I've started up my conquest normal/Classic campaign. Just completed chapter 10. Moved a few units up two far to get hinata, and reinforcements came and actually boxed in my units. Lost Arthur and feel like I've failed justice :(

Already liking the characters on this side more than birthright. Story hasn't felt too bad but maybe I'm numb to it.

Conquest 14 opening:

Oh wow theres another version of Azuras song? I kinda like this version better! Azura looked and sounded more confident Here.

Yeah, I was like "Damn did they really do that?"

I had to laugh at how comically evil
Hans looked during the slaughter. I like that this game can get dark. Corrin has done a good job of not killing anyone so far so I thought this is how it would continue.

I literally skipped it by mistake yesterday :(

Im interested in seeing how this develops. Looks like well dig more into Camillas backstory. Niles knows thangs

MildSoss

So i just started up Fates tonight for the first time and i'm a little confused, I ended up getting the special edition with both games on the cartridge so is there a way to pick what path you want from the beginning?

It kind of threw me into what seems conquest right off the bat with out giving me a choice, I wanted to do birthright first.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So i just started up Fates tonight for the first time and i'm a little confused, I ended up getting the special edition with both games on the cartridge so is there a way to pick what path you want from the beginning?

It kind of threw me into what seems conquest right off the bat with out giving me a choice, I wanted to do birthright first.

Both versions of the game start off with the same first 6 missions. Mission 6 basically starts with the main character making a choice that splits off into the 3 different versions of the game.

L95

The choice is in chapter 6.

MattyG

Banned

You pick at chapter 6 I believe. Until then, all the missions are the same for both games.

Did you select New Game or start from the branch? Either way it should tell you which version youre starting.

Really did not expect that the game would let you marry
Gunter
. The escalation was also pretty hilarious.

On gameplay note I really wish there was a rewind button for missed inputs, balance it by not letting you rewind combats. So many resets from brief moments of mispositioning or the worst pressing "A" too fast and accidently healing a unit when you meant to pair up instead.

PBalfredo

If I use a Heart Seal on a first tier unit, am I locked into that new class' promotion track, or do I retain the choice of what my unit could originally promote into when using a Master Seal?

Tingle

Really did not expect that the game would let you marry
Gunter
. The escalation was also pretty hilarious.

On gameplay note I really wish there was a rewind button for missed inputs, balance it by not letting you rewind combats. So many resets from brief moments of mispositioning or the worst pressing "A" too fast and accidently healing a unit when you meant to pair up instead.

They just need to make pair ups the only option which occurs by dragging two units together. Its inconsistent to have healers/Azura do their ability instead.

Marz

Birthright chapter 23:
Camilla only targets Corrin, so i just left him paired up with his S support in the bottom right corner of the map and stocked him with concoctions.

Rest of the map can just be treated like any other map since Camilla only hits Corrin every turn.

Also after 23 my lvl. 25 Ryoma solo'ed the rest of the game paired up with Corrin lmao on hard classic.

Edit: what characters/classes get capture in birthright and conquest?

Tingle

Birthright chapter 23:
Camilla only targets Corrin, so i just left him paired up with his S support in the bottom right corner of the map and stocked him with concoctions.

Rest of the map can just be treated like any other map since Camilla only hits Corrin every turn.

Also after 23 my lvl. 25 Ryoma solo'ed the rest of the game paired up with Corrin lmao on hard classic.

Only Niles in Nohr and Orochi in Hoshido. If they die, you are out of luck.

Zebetite

Banned
Birthright chapter 23:

she ignored corrin entirely in my go-through of that chapter until he got in attacking range, at which point she flew down-- i suspect she'd to the same to any unit though

i kinda wonder what dictates her targetting. maybe she always gives priority to the rightmost path? because that's where she was shooting for me, too. corrin just wasnt there.

Haha, last boss of Birthright is susceptible to Hex Rod.

poison strike? gamebreaking

halving his hp? yeah sure why not

Hugstable

Banned
Well fhen.... Just got Effie killed right when I was near done with Chapter 14 Conquest. And the reason was due to missing a 98% chance hit and turns around to get crit to death.

Thanks Fire Emblem

Also I went into my 3DS Activity Log today, and I really shouldn't have. My total time played is about three time more than the total time of my added play times listed on my playfiles. I lose too much :(

Squire

Banned
Haha, last boss of Birthright is susceptible to Hex Rod.

Chapter 25 boss as well, which is ironic, considering who it is.

Just breezed through Chapter 24-26. It's gone way quicker than I expected. Could never do it on Classic though. Deaths in each round and Corrin and Ryoma basically carrying the team. My healers, spear masters and Haba are still putting in work though. It's definitely given me an appreciation for distraction/suicide tactics.

My Hex Rod is ready though, haha.

NeonZ

On Conquest story.

it really is difficult to believe Corrin siding with Nohr after all the things that happen, i know it has been said countless times before, but its so sloppy, Corrin is the same innocent girl/boy that just saw his real mother murdered by Nohrians, saw how they summon eldritch beasts to destroy villages and is at least aware his "father" is not really dad of the year material , but he seems the same willing to conquer villages and obey orders, even the plot is more or less the same with the Rainbow sage.

Those attacking Hoshido in chapter 5 clearly weren't Nohrians though, which is why
Corrin believing in Garron's excuse afterwards isn't really that odd.

chaos789

Banned
Shame on me for not purchasing this game yet, but I am torn on what version I should purchase initially. Should it be Conquest or Birthright? What are the differences between the two and does playing one first as opposed to another in anyway effect the story?
I played and loved the 3 Fire Emblem games I have played which is Awakenings on 3DS and the GC version Path of Radiance and it's sequel Radiant Dawn.

doraemoe

Shame on me for not purchasing this game yet, but I am torn on what version I should purchase initially. Should it be Conquest or Birthright? What are the differences between the two and does playing one first as opposed to another in anyway effect the story?
I played and loved the 3 Fire Emblem games I have played which is Awakenings on 3DS and the GC version Path of Radiance and it's sequel Radiant Dawn.

If you like Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn more than Awakenings, then goto Conquest. Otherwise, buy Birthright. But please note Conquest at the same difficulty is much more harder than Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

Top Bottom