• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Kalentan

I finally got past Chapter 5, in Chapter 6 and honestly? I'm debating restarting on normal. This is just... Holy shit this is unfair.

It feels like it was never playtested. They just raised the damage of everything, patted themselves on the back and went to lunch.

Is there a point to reclassing to a previous class in fire emblem

Will I end up with higher stats?

Don t wanna lose my Butler who can use stars and staves, and going back to strategist is the only way to keep him that way

To get skills from that class is the main reason to reclass in fates. Its part of the reason who you marry and bff with is so important if you wanna min/max your army for multiplayer/lunatic.

You can hide in the alley ways, and she can only target one of the area's between the alley ways at a time. And if you can get a character or two in her large attack range she will stop doing it. I got stuck on that part too.

There's not enough room to fit everyone fast enough and enemies rush me before I can heal (playing on hard).

Hazmat

I finally got past Chapter 5, in Chapter 6 and honestly? I'm debating restarting on normal. This is just... Holy shit this is unfair.

It feels like it was never playtested. They just raised the damage of everything, patted themselves on the back and went to lunch.

If you're having this much trouble with Conquest Chapter 6 then Normal might be a better fit. I beat Birthright on Hard/Classic and ended up dropping my Conquest to Normal/Classic once the difficulty really ramps up (and it does pretty early) because it seemed like a better fit for me.

GamerSoul

There's not enough room to fit everyone fast enough and enemies rush me before I can heal (playing on hard).

I personally had no choice but to pair up most of my advancing units. I didn't use it often early on but it has already helped me in various situations on the later chapters. The automatic "No damage" after a certain amount of battles is a really nice plus.

Kalentan

If you're having this much trouble with Conquest Chapter 6 then Normal might be a better fit. I beat Birthright on Hard/Classic and ended up dropping my Conquest to Normal/Classic once the difficulty really ramps up (and it does pretty early) because it seemed like a better fit for me.

Hm... I guess is Normal still challenging? Like, I want a challenge, but I just feel like this is a bit up and beyond a mere challenge.

Hazmat

Hm... I guess is Normal still challenging? Like, I want a challenge, but I just feel like this is a bit up and beyond a mere challenge.

It feels about the same as Birthright Hard. Maybe a little easier, but that could be from me having played 30 hours of Fire Emblem over the past two weeks and just being a slightly better player now.

I haven't played conquest yet, but in birthright the game became brain dead when i dropped down to normal. Missions i'd tried on hard had half as many enemies on normal, and enemies had no skills at all. Normal totally took the teeth out of the game. I think the key to hard is you can't always expect to wipe the enemy out before going for victory. If chapter six just wants you to take out Ryoma, just take out Ryoma and wait for a missions that gives you the space to grind out xp.

If you're new to fire emblem or awakening is your only experience its a fair challenge especially on classic if you want to keep everyone alive.

Kalentan

It feels about the same as Birthright Hard. Maybe a little easier, but that could be from me having played 30 hours of Fire Emblem over the past two weeks and just being a slightly better player now.

I guess I need to make this decision now before I go any further.

Also how does owning both games work? Do I get a discount on Birthright digital?

Tingle

Is it worth bringing a character all the way to 20 before promoting them in Conquest since there's less XP to go around?

Its even more worthwhile. There is less exp, so you have to make it count- they will get more levels if you bring them up to 20 before promoting because the levels cost less.

Kalentan

If you buy Birthright from the in game menu as DLC, it is only 20 dollars rather than 40.

Okay. I guess before I do that I will need to get a bigger memory card. I can only fit Super Smash Bros. I'll need to look up the whole process for changing SD cards and making sure not to lose your license.

Tingle

Okay. I guess before I do that I will need to get a bigger memory card. I can only fit Super Smash Bros. I'll need to look up the whole process for changing SD cards and making sure not to lose your license.

You aren't downloading the whole game, its a very small download. You probably are fine, but I can't tell you the download size off my head.

GamerSoul

Woot just finished the Saizo paralogue. OK wow, that seal they come with is just plain awesome for late editions to the team. I'm glad they thought of that.

Kalentan

You aren't downloading the whole game, its a very small download. You probably are fine, but I can't tell you the download size off my head.

Oh... Damn. You know the more I hear about this... It makes me almost wonder if I should just buy Birthright, play through that and then do Conquest. I wanted to get Conquest also for the challenge... and also cause everywhere nearby and Amazon were out of stock. :/

Hazmat

I guess I need to make this decision now before I go any further.

Also how does owning both games work? Do I get a discount on Birthright digital?

You can drop the difficulty (but not raise it) anytime after Chapter 6. If you can power through you wouldn't have to replay 1-5. Although replaying 1-5 on Normal should only take about 15 minutes or so skipping all the dialogue.

Tingle

Oh... Damn. You know the more I hear about this... It makes me almost wonder if I should just buy Birthright, play through that and then do Conquest. I wanted to get Conquest also for the challenge... and also cause everywhere nearby and Amazon were out of stock. :/

Sorry, I think I mislead you.

You are getting the whole game to play. The download is small, however, because most of the assets are already in your Conquest download.

Its the full game.

1upsuper

IIRC the download is about 707 blocks. Not sure how big Revelation will be though.

Astral Dog

normal Conquest IS challenging...like, coming from Birthright im not even sure how people here are doing their Hard/Classic playthrough without their whole army being slayed o_O

normal Conquest IS challenging...like, coming from Birthright im not even sure how people here are doing their Hard/Classic playthrough without their whole army being slayed o_O

Be grateful they didn't add thracia 776's stamina mechanic, fow mechanic, or escape rules. Imagine not being able to use some of your best units due to them being fatigued and needing to rest a battle, and that battle is a fow where the map is completely pitch black, and mazelike with tons of strong reinforcements and an unknown goal location, and where even once you find it everyone must escape before the lord since anyone who doesn't is "left behind" becoming captured unusable till a very late game chapter where you can rescue them. Conquest from what I've seen feels like it was made for people who enjoy that kind of challenge.

Kalentan

You can drop the difficulty (but not raise it) anytime after Chapter 6. If you can power through you wouldn't have to replay 1-5. Although replaying 1-5 on Normal should only take about 15 minutes or so skipping all the dialogue.

Sorry, I think I mislead you.

You are getting the whole game to play. The download is small, however, because most of the assets are already in your Conquest download.

Its the full game.

IIRC the download is about 707 blocks. Not sure how big Revelation will be though.

Okay, so I have 2 choices.

1. Drop the difficulty in Conquest and then play through it and then maybe Hard Birthright.
2. Buy Birthright, star over, and do that on Normal/hard and then go back to Conquest.

Assuming there is NG+, right?

Tingle

Okay, so I have 2 choices.

1. Drop the difficulty in Conquest and then play through it and then maybe Hard Birthright.
2. Buy Birthright, star over, and do that on Normal/hard and then go back to Conquest.

Assuming there is NG+, right?

There is no NG+

And you can start Birthright from the decision point- it's the "Branch of Fate" option from the main menu.

I would suggest you play Birthright on Hard based on your situation. Its around the difficulty of Conquest on Easy. If you are far in Conquest, you might as well finish that up first, though.

Kalentan

There is no NG+

And you can start Birthright from the decision point- it's the "Branch of Fate" option from the main menu.

I would suggest you play Birthright on Hard based on your situation. Its around the difficulty of Conquest on Easy. If you are far in Conquest, you might as well finish that up first, though.

Oh no, I'm on Chapter 6 of Conquest. I literally just made the choice. XD

Okay, yeah. I think I'm going to go do Birthright first then. Everything else sounds like Conquest is made for people who beat Birthright and want a new story/harder difficulty level.

Plus it's not like I need to delete my Conquest file. I can always go back to that.

I'm... not entirely sure who I want to marry Effie to. She has a lot of A and B ranks, but none of the Supports really jump out at me otherwise. My current S-pairs:

Corrin x Niles
Silas x Azura
Odin x Felicia
Kaze x Camilla
Xander x Charlotte

Any suggestions?

Hugstable

Banned
Conquest Chapter 12 was such a neat premise, really liked that chapter with the pots and the objective they give you. It has actually been one of the easier chapters for me as well, having only needed 2 attempts to clear it. Hopefully maybe I'm getting ahold of Hard mode in Conquest, then again maybe I just got lucky for one map haha.

Balphon

Conquest 17 seems like quite the spike in enemy levels.
Also, this game's love affair with enemy ninja is getting ridiculous.

I just unlocked Kana's paralogue so maybe I'll go do that.

Moonlight

Banned
Conquest 17 seems like quite the spike in enemy levels.
Also, this game's love affair with enemy ninja is getting ridiculous.

I just unlocked Kana's paralogue so maybe I'll go do that.
The next few chapters cool off ninjas, so you have that to look forward to.

Hugstable

Banned
While my Beruka has been leveling terribly (thanks RNG), my Selena and Niles have been growing really well. Selena has gotten +1 HP, STR and DEF each level so far with other stats sprinkled in here in there in those level ups.

Cerium

Question about the Heart Seal; is it worth saving it on Corrin for after she reaches promoted status?

Am I going to regret not getting the skills from the Nohrian Noble?

Astral Dog

On Conquest story.

it really is difficult to believe Corrin siding with Nohr after all the things that happen, i know it has been said countless times before, but its so sloppy, Corrin is the same innocent girl/boy that just saw his real mother murdered by Nohrians, saw how they summon eldritch beasts to destroy villages and is at least aware his "father" is not really dad of the year material , but he seems the same willing to conquer villages and obey orders, even the plot is more or less the same with the Rainbow sage.

Just weird, Birthright has its problems too, like Corrin suddendly becoming too attached to his new siblings/Hoshido and some really unnecessary deaths near the end for cheap drama, but at least has the better, sensical premise of a boy who "betrays" his adopted family living on a corrupt kingdom due to morals, Conquest does not make sense at all.

If Corrin was, maybe morally ambiguous at the beginning to justify his actions, and the plot more focused on how the siblings relationship develop instead of conquering villages and tasks, it could have worked well,

edit: one thing it does well is making the Hoshidians more bloodthirsty and menacing, as the "antagonist" faction.

Now, Revelations...i wonder how that will play out :p

silva1991

While my Beruka has been leveling terribly (thanks RNG), my Selena and Niles have been growing really well. Selena has gotten +1 HP, STR and DEF each level so far with other stats sprinkled in here in there in those level ups.

wait... stat bonus you get while leveling up are RNG based? they are not fixed?

Moonlight

Banned
They're not. They're decided by a character's growth rates that the game checks against every time it levels. A character with a 60% chance to level speed is obviously going to average out into more speed than the character with 30%, most of the time. You can conceivably fix any level-up by soft resetting for another gamble.

Xenoflare

Played Conquest again up until chapter 17.

I think it's a good place to stop.

I bought the gold dlc I'm such a scrub lol

Xenoflare

Yep, that's why sometimes you get one point and sometimes it's dingdingdingdingdingding

Man the defence growths in everyone barring Corrin Xander and Keaton are all shit for me for example.

On my halted (and probably gonna restart entirely) birthright play through no one has HP, Silas and Hinoka only had 25 before the promoted.

For example Odin in my original run actually had a mage like growth while in my new playthrough it all went to his Str.

Xenoflare

Well fuck

I guess I should save before someone levels up and reset every time RNG is against me lol.

No, if you want to RNG to reset you need to replay the chapter.

If you try to level up via battle saves you'll find that all the growths are going to be exactly the same

Which means you are pretty fucked if you got a 1 point level up towards the end of the chapter.

so question about the base stuff, is there any way you can screw it up? Like can I always build everything and get everything or do I have to carefully choose things?

Also, what is with feeding Lilith, I got a fish, should I just give that to her or should you do specific things regarding leveling her up?

anyone on this?

Top Bottom