• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

CazTGG

Goddamnit
Saizou, disarm the trap please.
Just let me handle the fighting.

To be fair, the conversation he has with the boss is rather excellent. Just a shame there's so few of these boss conversations that the older games were full of (Cormag v. Valter, Nergal v. pretty much anyone slightly significant, Jill v. Shiharam, etc.), not counting Corrin repeating the same old "I don't want to fight, it shouldn't be this way oh woe is me" jargon that quickly becomes repetitive having gone through the two main paths and a good chunk of Revelation.

Swamped

Banned
I think the Silas - Nyx support is going to be really cute. I'm only on C right now, but it has a lot of cuteness potential!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Lost on Chapter 16 three times to enemy criticals. Two at 1%, one at 3%.

The game is clearly trying to tell me something. I'll try again tomorrow.

And Corrin, why are you level 19 and so bad. I wish I could dump you off on the road somewhere in favor of someone else. Your boon is speed, but you can't double anything. Your armor must be made of cardboard, as low as your defense is. At least you kinda sorta hit hard. A little.

Since im near the end of conquest and theres no hope of pairing with another unit, i ended up s supporting camilla.

Jesus why did she have to sound like a 50 hear old smoker? Yeesh. Shes also mentally unstable. Im scared.

I think I might be one of the few who's had no trouble with the hit rate, it felt no different then older games for me

Normally, the player characters tend to have high hit rates, so you might not have felt anything different. However, one thing that was being noticed by many is that sub-50% hit rates are connecting a lot more often than the 2RN system.

Birthright Chapter 12 (Hard Classic) is a combination of easiness and difficulty. It is easy to move Corrin to the escape area. However, as I want to fight as many enemies as possible, I place Corrin next to the escape zone and fight those enemies who are swamping up the whole map after I use the Dragon Vein. The difficulty is damn high if I choose this approach and I have reset for a few times.

GamerSoul

I finally beat Birthright yesterday night, aww yeea. The end boss battle caught me by surprise and a lost a few units but the RNG gods had my back that fateful day.

The story sadly did not do much for me, but the gameplay was awesome. Coming from Awakening, it was a tougher experience but it was a welcomed change. The chapters were more intense and I had to keep rethinking my strategy throughout the game. I was definitely frustrated many times, but it felt good to be challenged and of course seeing the results.

Oboro was my MVP for my first playthrough! She was a rock for me and probably took more hits on the front line than my Corrin. I also used Hana and Kagero as my main units who were great but they could not take ANY hits lol. Silas was probably the only other sturdy unit for me other than Corrin.

I'll probably try Conquest on Normal first to get a feel for the characters and then try a Hardmode run with an idea of who I will choose for units.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, I really enjoyed the chapter, the
whole cloning thing
was pretty well done.

My only beef with it was that
Azura on the lower map was completely useless other than being pair up fodder. And while buffs went to both sides, the effect of sing didn't (other than the buff).

Got to the boss like the turn before the last one. Was tricky to deal with without killing myself, but I managed to kill it. Wasn't going to let that stat boost item go (whichever it was...).

ciD_Vain

How the heck do people get so many battle points so quickly? :/ I just want the shining bow for my priestess sakura but i'm already on chapter 25 of birthright and I feel like i may as well just finish the game without it.

Miker

I'm really, really struggling with Birthright Prologue 12 on hard/classic, and it's driving me up the wall. I'm not a terrible FE player - I've beaten FE7, FE9, and Awakening (hard/classic). I've been at this chapter for almost two hours now with my current squad, and I just can't seem to do it without someone dying.

I'm pretty sure the issue is that my units are a bit under leveled - I'm bringing along all unprompted units besides my (godawful) Corrin, and not only is the level is full of level 2 berserkers and two level 8 paladins, it's also got a level 7 berserker with a tomahawk right where I need to go. Only a select few of my units at level 18-19 can one-shot the ninjas or even the archers or mages. I'm letting the house get destroyed because apparently it doesn't matter for recruitment, and I still always have one unit die as I push towards the middle.

My only beef with it was that
Azura on the lower map was completely useless other than being pair up fodder. And while buffs went to both sides, the effect of sing didn't (other than the buff).

Got to the boss like the turn before the last one. Was tricky to deal with without killing myself, but I managed to kill it. Wasn't going to let that stat boost item go (whichever it was...).

I had a pretty easy time destroying all the map with Corrin, I made him into a Lord and he's pretty much unstoppable. Having some Vulnerary around did help.

I do agree that it was odd that
Azura couldn't sing.

Conquest 16 is dumb. That is all.

I'm literally about to start this map.... oh my.

Renewed

I'm really, really struggling with Birthright Prologue 12 on hard/classic, and it's driving me up the wall. I'm not a terrible FE player - I've beaten FE7, FE9, and Awakening (hard/classic). I've been at this chapter for almost two hours now with my current squad, and I just can't seem to do it without someone dying.

I'm pretty sure the issue is that my units are a bit under leveled - I'm bringing along all unprompted units besides my (godawful) Corrin, and not only is the level is full of level 2 berserkers and two level 8 paladins, it's also got a level 7 berserker with a tomahawk right where I need to go. Only a select few of my units at level 18-19 can one-shot the ninjas or even the archers or mages. I'm letting the house get destroyed because apparently it doesn't matter for recruitment, and I still always have one unit die as I push towards the middle.

....The house can be destroyed? lol I played on the same difficulty and never let anyone close enough to damage the house. Two of my units were beefy enough to take Berserker hits while I got everyone into position. I just continued on in that formation while I sent a strong enough unit to tank hits above, heal a bit each turn with their skill and use a Vulnerary if it looked bad that turn.

asagami_

Banned

Well, maybe wou can my strategy (I am playing Birthright Hard/Classic and yesterday finally reach to the 13 chapter):

Defeat the guys who are in the boats (reaching with Sky Knights, of course) and fight with them or with their pair ups. The other units should go to the lowest place, defeat the more nearest enemies and wait until more enemy units move to your guys. Maybe you can move your units only some tiles, but not so much. It's very possible that in any moment the enemies will be stuck, unable to move freely, and they will be in a kind of queue, and if that thing happens, you should attack only the second enemy you can reach. Repeat the process until you have few enemy to attack, but if you see to Xander or his subordinates you should avoid any fight with them.

I was thinking that I miss the opportunity to attack with a mage or ninja in the places separated by water, and later move them to a safe place with Azura song. When the queue thing happened, I only attacked with Hinata, so he gained some experience but it was not so much. But the experience to defeat almost all the enemy units was great : )

Miker

....The house can be destroyed? lol I played on the same difficulty and never let anyone close enough to damage the house. Two of my units were beefy enough to take Berserker hits while I got everyone into position. I just continued on in that formation while I sent a strong enough unit to tank hits above, heal a bit each turn with their skill and use a Vulnerary if it looked bad that turn.

Your units must be way, way better than mine. Here are some highlights of my crew:

Corrin level 1 - defense 21 (yay), speed 13 (lol), res 10 (lol)
Rinkah level 19 - str 14, ski capped at 14, spd 15
Hinata level 19 - str 15, spd 15, res 6

Again, Corrin is the only promoted unit I'm bringing along. Meanwhile, these berserkers have str 26 and silver axes, and paladins have def 21 and res 20.

Well, maybe wou can my strategy (I am playing Birthright Hard/Classic and yesterday finally reach to the 13 chapter):

Defeat the guys who are in the boats (reaching with Sky Knights, of course) and fight with them or with their pair ups. The other units should go to the lowest place, defeat the more nearest enemies and wait until more enemy units move to your guys. Maybe you can move your units only some tiles, but not so much. It's very possible that in any moment the enemies will be stuck, unable to move freely, and they will be in a kind of queue, and if that thing happens, you should attack only the second enemy you can reach. Repeat the process until you have few enemy to attack, but if you see to Xander or his subordinates you should avoid any fight with them.

I was thinking that I miss the opportunity to attack with a mage or ninja in the places separated by water, and later move them to a safe place with Azura song. When the queue thing happened, I only attacked with Hinata, so he gained some experience but it was not so much. But the experience to defeat almost all the enemy units was great : )

I was talking about Prologue 12, sorry :(

Renewed

Your units must be way, way better than mine. Here are some highlights of my crew:

Corrin level 1 - defense 21 (yay), speed 13 (lol), res 10 (lol)
Rinkah level 19 - str 14, ski capped at 14, spd 15
Hinata level 19 - str 15, spd 15, res 6

Again, Corrin is the only promoted unit I'm bringing along. Meanwhile, these berserkers have str 26 and silver axes, and paladins have def 21 and res 20.

Yeah go promote them and train them up. Remembering offhand because it was quite a while back but I know I had promoted units like Hinoka with 27 Str, enough speed to double, and 30 Def / 29 Res. You can throw a Guard Naginata on a unit like that to soak up damage if you need them to while weaker units get EXP. Rend Heaven was also useful as it makes the Berserker's massive Strength their own worst nightmare.

Miker

Yeah go promote them and train them up. Remembering offhand because it was quite a while back but I know I had promoted units like Hinoka with 27 Str, enough speed to double, and 30 Def / 29 Res. You can throw a Guard Naginata on a unit like that to soak up damage if you need them to while weaker units get EXP.

I think we've had very different experiences with this paralogue based on when we're playing them. I've only completed chapter 15 of Birthright, and I think I'm right at that stage where the game expects me to have a number of promoted units. I've been spreading my XP around to make sure nobody gets too overleveled, which was perfectly fine in Awakening, but has kind of bit me in the ass in the more difficult Fates.

Yeah, sounds a bit underleveled. Same difficulty here. I managed to win that one in one try with some promoted (but just) but it was the hardest thing so far in Birthright (up to Ch 20) and I took it real slow with many close calls. I sent Ryoma and myself with our best supports on the right and had a careful bunch tightly packed crawling up the left side. Only thing keeping it from being a bloodbath is that the stronger Berserkers don't attack until a couple spaces away. Also, bring Beastspear for someone like Oboro for the mounted units and it helped having healers who can take some heat like Jakob and Azama.

It was worth it though, as Mitama is actually pretty neat. I assume the unique eyes and her not always well-liked father have impacted her popularity.

Renewed

I think we've had very different experiences with this paralogue based on when we're playing them. I've only completed chapter 15 of Birthright, and I think I'm right at that stage where the game expects me to have a number of promoted units. I've been spreading my XP around to make sure nobody gets too overleveled, which was perfectly fine in Awakening, but has kind of bit me in the ass in the more difficult Fates.

Oh lord no, I was at around chapter 21 or 22 so I could get the Offspring Seals because I'm sure as heck not gonna spend all that time training them. I just wanted to be done with the game and at least see the kids before I actually focus on them for Revelation.

Zekes!

Man, I've been sitting here thinking of the next strategy to try on Conquest Chapter 9

My previous attempts had me trying to flank both sides of the keep, but now I'm thinking of having everyone come from the top hole in the wall (after talking to Nyx) since there's a good choke point, and I can make a beeline for the map boss

champloo

How is Birthright Lunatic compared to Conquest Hard? I'm about to finish my Conquest/Hard run and trying to decide which difficulty to pick for Birthright.

Conquest chapter 22 was easy. Shortest level for me yet. Glad I didnt have to face
Sakura
in battle but I'm really sad about what happened
to her and the Hoshidans at the end.

I hope killing
___Hans___
is as satisfying to kill in Conquest as he was in Birthright.

I thought it was one of the easier chapters in Hard.

Camllia has some great supports conversations in my opinion

I did well at first but towards the end I didnt realize there was a blockade on the left side and I stupidly sent everyone left. I went a few turns without being able to use any dragon veins. I also freaked out since I thought I couldnt let any of my team mates die but I just needed who ever was alive to get to the goal.

By the time my last guy made it through,
there were like 10 high level Faceless waiting for me at the top
. I would have hated to play this level with permadeath on since I used some units as distraction.

Camilla has great supports with other characters but how she behaves with Corrin is just creepy. That voice just makes her sound more like a predator lol

Balphon

Man, I've been sitting here thinking of the next strategy to try on Conquest Chapter 9

My previous attempts had me trying to flank both sides of the keep, but now I'm thinking of having everyone come from the top hole in the wall (after talking to Nyx) since there's a good choke point, and I can make a beeline for the map boss

You may want to avoid foregoing a large amount of exp on that map given that the following chapter is rather difficult.

Seeing Conquest 13's objective being Rout the Enemy is actually some fresh air, because a simple objective like that after 12's
Beat Ryoma or have Corrin escape in 16 turns
is appreciative.

Also in the intro for Ch. 13
Takumi's a bigger asshole than expected by shooting Elise, why was he so high up on the popularity list in Japan?

Edit: After playing Birthright, I have a feeling that
Takumi's going to lose it by Iago's control over him and have nobody helping him

He's an ass because
you chose Nohr, and at that point he is already turning mad

I don't like him but eh, he has justifiable reasons

Even in Birthright, he's still kind of a jerk, and not the likable one like Jakob, he's the one you want to punch in the face like Sumia did to Chrom.

Xenoflare

Seeing Conquest 13's objective being Rout the Enemy is actually some fresh air, because a simple objective like that after 12's
is appreciative.

Takumi's a bigger asshole than expected by shooting Elise, why was he so high up on the popularity list in Japan?

He's an ass because
you chose Nohr, and at that point he is already turning mad

I don't like him but eh, he has justifiable reasons

Xenoflare

is appreciative.

Edit: After playing Birthright, I have a feeling that
Takumi's going to lose it by Iago's control over him and have nobody helping him

Even in Birthright, he's still kind of a jerk, and not the likable one like Jakob, he's the one you want to punch in the face like Sumia did to Chrom.

I love Jakob but he's definitely a cosmic douche to characters outside of Corrin if you play the supports. Takumi is just.... there.

I love Jakob but he's definitely a cosmic douche to characters outside or Corrin if you play the supports. Takumi is just.... there.

Isn't he kind of nice towards
Gunter though
?

I have a feeling that Jakob would've been nice to
Flora
if they actually had supports with each other.

Jakob and Gunters first support was funny. Tea is serious business.

Takumi is a douchebag but he gets a pass. He's a nice guy deep down.

Top Bottom