• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

rhandino

Banned
Basara Hayato + Priestess Sakura have becomed a force to be reckoned... Oh! And I just noticed that he is the father of
not Tharja
. Eek!

Some of this maps in Birthright has been testing me, especially that map where you recruit
Shura
because it seems that I always left some flying unit near an Archer or Azura just in range for a big knight to one hit kill ha.

At least that was done and now I have another sweet archer because I don't care about Mozu and Setsuna (she mostly because Tsubaki is so SO much better)

you should specify Boyd with transfers, without them his speed is disgustingly bad

that's because PoR is a joke, but the thing is basically anyone can be invincible and many can clear out enemies better than Ike
I'm just parroting dondon on Boyd, who made a reasonably compelling argument that his speed is workable somewhere on Reddit.

PK Gaming

who cares about the enemy phase. Conquest hard I just played aggressive, galeforce is the best skill for that. Also avoided pairing up for the same reason. More characters killing more enemies

Not sure why you avoided pairing up in a route where pair-up is god. Don't get me wrong, Galeforce is a pretty strong skill, but it's nowhere near the best skill in the game. Replicate (and the soon to be release Warp) are.

Not sure why you avoided pairing up in a route where pair-up is god. Don't get me wrong, Galeforce is a pretty strong skill, but it's nowhere near the best skill in the game. Replicate (and the soon to be release Warp) are.
because pairing up means I cant kill as many enemies per round. I did plenty of dual attacks

Even chapter 10 I played as aggressively as possible. Made it a lot easier. Though I did ignore the final of the named characters on that chapter
I'm curious as to what people mean by "enemy phase oriented"
defensive play where you lure enemies to you by stacking up at the farthest reach. A lot of damage you deal is done on their turn by bringing enemies to you

Moonlight

Banned
I'm curious as to what people mean by "enemy phase oriented"
Defensive play, basically. You rely a lot on getting things done on the enemy turn and use your turn to remove immediate threats and set up positioning to try and control the pace of the enemy turn. It's not end all be all in Conquest, though, especially not with objectives in play.

Even chapter 10 I played as aggressively as possible. Made it a lot easier. Though I did ignore the final of the named characters on that chapter

defensive play where you lure enemies to you by stacking up at the farthest reach. A lot of damage you deal is done on their turn by bringing enemies to you

Defensive play, basically. You rely a lot on getting things done on the enemy turn and use your turn to remove immediate threats and set up positioning to try and control the pace of the enemy turn. It's not end all be all in Conquest, though, especially not with objectives in play.

...that's not what enemy phase orientated means usually, that's when you just throw one or two units into the midst of the enemy and watch them all suicide onto your powerhouses

Moonlight

Banned
...that's not what enemy phase orientated means usually, that's when you just throw one or two units into the midst of the enemy and watch them all suicide onto your powerhouses
Oh, that's not really what Conquest is about either though, lol. Not sure who was saying that. There's like... two or three missions I can think of right now where that'd be outright the most efficient way to play if you weren't concerned with XP balance.

Oh, that's not really what Conquest is about either though, lol. Not sure who was saying that. There's like... two or three missions I can think of right now where that'd be outright the most efficient way to play if you weren't concerned with XP balance.

my b I meant Conquest isn't as player phase centric as people said LOL

I found basically every mission in conquest was made easier by just being aggressive.

So far in birthright, chapter....11 I think it was, I had to switch to defensive

xanavi

Man, I fucked up my conquest run so badly I only ended up with one kid.

Needless to say the final mission was a total shitshow.

I had like 4 survivors but I got it done.

Fandangox

I found basically every mission in conquest was made easier by just being aggressive.

So far in birthright, chapter....11 I think it was, I had to switch to defensive

24 and 19 and whatever the wind one was are harder if you are aggressive, those you pretty much gotta alternate between retreating and pushing forward

24 and 19 and whatever the wind one was are harder if you are aggressive, those you pretty much gotta alternate between retreating and pushing forward
lets see....googling because I always forget which chapter is which

19: Yea you are right. That one was weird. It felt incredibly lazy compared to every other level in the game. Luckily it was also short and easy. Defensive play definitely made it easier due to the gimmick

24: I played this aggressively. Glad I did. There were a lot of reinforcements so having less guys at a time makes it easier to punch through. Maybe I made it harder, but I didnt really feel the mission was too hard anyway

Fandangox

lets see....googling because I always forget which chapter is which

19: Yea you are right. That one was weird. It felt incredibly lazy compared to every other level in the game. Luckily it was also short and easy. Defensive play definitely made it easier due to the gimmick

24: I played this aggressively. Glad I did. There were a lot of reinforcements so having less guys at a time makes it easier to punch through. Maybe I made it harder, but I didnt really feel the mission was too hard anyway

You kept triggering all those reinforcements on 24 by moving forward, they stop appearing after a certain turn, so its easier to deal then with just the ones that will show up based on tile-movement.

It took over an hour and over 5 resets, but finally beat Chapter 10 Conquest Hard.

I kind of broke it by reclassing Mozu to archer so she can handle the top right sentry thing, and visited someone's castle to get lance/shuriken breaker for Niles. Effie almost died at the last turn, but thankfully Elise had a rescue staff and saved her.

Busaiku

Gods, Revelation chapter 10 is bad.
Many chapters have taken a while thus far, but this just feels like needless padding.
Last chapter was more annoying though, this is more boring.

Many chapters have taken a while thus far, but this just feels like needless padding.
I find Revelation playthroughs to have significantly more turn count than the other two routes, and not in a good way.

kewlmyc

That's the one with the ice/snow melting right? Yeah, not sure why they went with that concept.

L95

That's the one with the ice/snow melting right? Yeah, not sure why they went with that concept.

They should've at least given you the option to nuke all the snow with a vein. (with the risk being too many enemies at once, I guess)

NeonZ

My Lucina's growths are crazy. I didn't bother calculating her averages, so I don't know if this is standard, but she could double Hinoka and has great defense against both physical and magical attacks.

Conquest_Chapter24_01_zps3hsz9v5t.jpg

She actually has become a better tank than Xander, even though her defense is somewhat smaller than his, since she doesn't have to worry about magic attacks at all, and can dodge many attacks too (with her high defense making up for Fates' seemingly more random RNG). Marth is even faster than her, also more luck and skill, but his defense, resistance and strength aren't as good so he can't tank as well as her, since dodge tanking is pretty unreliable in Fates, unless you can get the hit rates down to 0%.

So, does Azura promote in a story event? The seal is grayes out when i give it to her

Her standard class doesn't have a promotion, going up to level 40, like the DLC classes. She can promote just fine if you class change her to Pegasus Knight or something else (obtained from S or A+ supports).

Renewed

Setup a new file to go through Conquest and Revelation Lunatic, boy I really hope I beat one of them this month. All that work to get my Castles up to snuff again...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
When you reclass to another promoted class, which skills do you get first? The ones for that class, or the ones for the base class?

zelhawks37

On chapter 25 of birthright lunatic difficulty. Easily the hardest chapter so far and i cant even get past the beginning..... this is the fire emblem i love. XD

Hugstable

Banned
Hearing that Revelation is such tedium, I'm tempted to just go Normal/Classic and blow through it. Good idea?

After doing Borthright and Conquest at Hard/Classic, I'm probably gonna do the same thing and just go for normal if the maps are really that tedious

Pau

Trying to figure out who to pair up in Birthright. Not too concerned with getting the best pairs possible, but are there any that I should definitely stay away from for the kids' sakes?
Asking again. Are there any parent combinations that are really detrimental to the kids?

vareon

Which would be a better difficulty experience? Normal/classic or hard/casual?

If you're unsure, always choose Hard first since you can go to Normal later (but can't go up).

For classic/casual, this depends on what challenge you're looking. On me it doesn't matter since I reset if a unit dies, but some people who don't have the luxury to replay a level might appreciate the map save feature on Casual.

kewlmyc

Hearing that Revelation is such tedium, I'm tempted to just go Normal/Classic and blow through it. Good idea?

I've played through nearly all of Revelation (it was my first route). It's only like one or two chapter that are tedium. I'm sure that the other two routes have chapters that are just as tedious.

Asking again. Are there any marriage combinations that are really detrimental to the kids?

This site lets you look at what pairings give which modifiers. Handy for planning things out.

Anyone have any class suggestions for a Selena!Caeldori? Been thinking Swordmaster or Master of Arms, but not sure which would work best.

Conquest chapter 20. Damn! That was so much fun. One of my favorite levels in this game. Loved the gimmick.

As a rule now whenever I see a priestess I will kill her. 2 freakin squares away from the goal and she freezes me. I lost like 70% of my army in the next 3 turns.

I've played through nearly all of Revelation (it was my first route). It's only like one or two chapter that are tedium. I'm sure that the other two routes have chapters that are just as tedious.

Right? It's like the waste of time that is Birthright 21 has somehow gone forgotten. :p

Renewed

Depends on if you've set up a unit to take hits and kill the boss. Even if I mess up at the last spot, I just send my strong unit to end the chapter.

Nose Master

Plot / MC is so ridiculous on Nohr side.
"Your father, who was already a giant asshole, is actually even worse because he's literally a demon possessing that body. He also killed your father, orders you to kill people constantly, and threatens to murder you and the rest of your family." "Yeah, I still can't kill him, though. I'll just conquer an entire nation so he sits on a magic chair, instead."

I wanted him to go full heel and actually be a bad guy, not this wishy-washy idiot.

CazTGG

Honestly, it's more of a slog at the start due to some surprisingly bad map design, bad unit availability (If your Corrin isn't close to max'ing their base class by the end of Chapter 7, they will be) and repetitive writing:
Corrin: We shouldn't be fighting each other!
Other character: Why?
C: The real enemy is manipulating us!
O: Ok, who is it?
C: I can't tell you, but you got to believe me.
O: Um...why should I believe you when you betrayed us?
C: Because i'm the main character. JOIN ME AND WE CAN STOP THEM TOGETHER!
O: ...OK, leaving now.
C: *Pities self*
Azura: *Reassures him of his current path*
King Garon: *Does something evil*(Presumably, we don't see much of him at the beginning but when he's on, it's well within (Laughs evilly) territory)

But yeah, it's probably best to go through on Normal first, if only for the ease of getting through all the support conversations.

Top Bottom