• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Yousefb

Currently playing through Birthright (and loving it), but I think I messed up. I used a master seal on Azura to make her a Sky Knight. I figured this way she'll be traveling further distances to sing to my units. Genius right? Wrong! She lost her ability to sing/dance! There's no way to reverse this right? Are there any other singer/dancer characters in the game? I even got her son via a paralogue so I thought maybe he'll inherit that ability. Nope, no singing there either. At this point I've adapted to playing without her but I'd love to be able to hAve that option again.

Xenoflare

Currently playing through Birthright (and loving it), but I think I messed up. I used a master seal on Azura to make her a Sky Knight. I figured this way she'll be traveling further distances to sing to my units. Genius right? Wrong! She lost her ability to sing/dance! There's no way to reverse this right? Are there any other singer/dancer characters in the game? I even got her son via a paralogue so I thought maybe he'll inherit that ability. Nope, no singing there either. At this point I've adapted to playing without her but I'd love to be able to hAve that option again.

LOL

Just use another heart seal on her and class her back to Songstress.

If Peg Knights and refresh then there would be a riot

Jakob and Gunters first support was funny. Tea is serious business.

Takumi is a douchebag but he gets a pass. He's a nice guy deep down.

Sure, but you got Leo against him, I'll take Leo any day

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I've been sitting here thinking of the next strategy to try on Conquest Chapter 9

My previous attempts had me trying to flank both sides of the keep, but now I'm thinking of having everyone come from the top hole in the wall (after talking to Nyx) since there's a good choke point, and I can make a beeline for the map boss

Just so you know, that's one of two capturable bosses in Conquest (sans paralogues). I didn't see that until later, but apparently he's really good since he has solid growths and comes with Rally Defense.

You also made me realize that I skipped a ton of EXP in Chapter 8 as I avoided a lot of battles, shit

Skipping out on experience is a bad idea in general, since it's a limited resource in Conquest (and most FE games). Unless there is a turn limit it's always a good idea to kill as many units as possible for experience.

Conquest 16 is dumb. That is all.

Tried again and beat it. I didn't find it too bad once the enemies weren't murdering me with criticals.

I focused on the left side first then started sending units right once it was getting cleaned up. Lots of levels to go around on that one, next chapter will probably get a few people promoted.

Xenoflare

Ahh I just realized that Scarlet's personal skill gives a hefty crit boost when her HP is low.

No wonder she critted that many times in Conquest 13

Squire

Banned
Alright, I want Ophelia, so I'm using Odin for now. Is Nyx a good S support for him? I know she's supposed to be bad, but I'm gonna drop them both once I can get Ophelia, unless they're a terrible combination of something.

Chapter 20 is pissing me off, the constant gusts keep throwing off my strategy and having Falcon Knights everywhere doesn't make it any better either

CazTGG

Alright, I want Ophelia, so I'm using Odin for now. Is Nyx a good S support for him? I know she's supposed to be bad, but I'm gonna drop them both once I can get Ophelia, unless they're a terrible combination of something.

Nyx is a great mother due to the boost she'll give to Ophelia's magic, though some might argue that Elise will make her a more balanced unit.

Rainy

Banned
Well I'm on Chapter 21 of Birthright Hard and I just finished Dwyer's paralogue, he was the last child I had left. Now all I have left is the story :)

Balphon

I focused on the left side first then started sending units right once it was getting cleaned up. Lots of levels to go around on that one, next chapter will probably get a few people promoted.

If you thought Conquest 16 was a headache you're going to love 17.

I promoted most of my army right before chapter 17 and it was a huge help.

This guy's party is full of children, nice.

WVW69i-fR70Agqcc-x

I low key screamed at Rhajat.
pXsgNTm.gif

Chapter 10 Conquest sure was fun. Managed to scrape by with no deaths on Hard/Classic but it was one of the more stressful maps I've played in a FE. You never feel like you're in control on that map for more than a turn or two.

Linkark07

Banned
Chapter 10 Conquest sure was fun. Managed to scrape by with no deaths on Hard/Classic but it was one of the more stressful maps I've played in a FE. You never feel like you're in control on that map for more than a turn or two.

Started playing it on the morning. So far it has been fine, but only on turn 3. Lets see later how it goes.

Anyone know how many unique maps each route has? I'm slightly disappointed in the number of repeats so far in Conquest. The enemy placement and even arrangements within the story differ but I was still hoping for mostly unique maps in each route.

Weebos

Banned
Anyone know how many unique maps each route has? I'm slightly disappointed in the number of repeats so far in Conquest. The enemy placement and even arrangements within the story differ but I was still hoping for mostly unique maps in each route.

I've played both (Conquest first) and can only remember a handful, maybe 4-5, not counting shared paralogues.

I could be remembering wrong since the enemy composition and map mechanics were pretty different for each route.

Claris

I believe it's 7 between Birthright/Conquest (including Chapter 6, excluding shared chapters/paralogues). The main problem is that a bunch of them are clustered together in the midgame which makes them seem more common.

after playing conquest first I've been really disappointed in the number of reused maps. Birthright 11-12-13 were all maps from conquest

Renewed

Birthright Chapter 23 Question:

Fuck Camilla's dragon vein spam aside, do I have to save Effie and Arthur?

It's not required afaik. I imagine doing so would give a bonus like the villagers in Sophie's paralogue but I only saved Effie and continued on.

Azuran

Banned
Leo is such a perfect bro. I would gladly kiss the ground where that man walks. I would let him steal my girlfriends without dispute. Leo is the best.

Niles and Odin are the best retainers too. Can you imagine the awesome parties when those three are around?

Nose Master

I think I'm switching to casual. Every single map has had a <5% crit kill a unit after wasting 45 minutes being meticulous. It's just not worth the self pat on the back with how long these maps are.

I beat birthright last night on the standard copy. doing conquest right now on standard copy. Have a question. Will I be able to play revelations directly on my special edition that reaches me next week or will i have to play birthright or conquest on that to be able to play revelations? Thanks.

Guess its time to go for the finish on Conquest. My team is pretty much on par with the last few maps level-wise, and I'm not overly interested in recruiting most of the children (only have Ophelia and Soleil for now), nor ending up over leveled. Lowest level right now is 20/3 (Azura) and the last map had enemies around 20/4. Seems like you have a lot more exp available then I budgeted for. My biggest issue came from having mediocre equipment most of the game, but even that has opened up between the lottery, chests, visits, characters finding items, and stripping unused characters of their stuff. Also don't have much use for Heart seals, since I don't really have any skills I've been targeting. My opinion will likely change as I near the end, but so far the resource restriction seems to allow a fair deal of experimentation. I should note that I did grind out relationships using My Castle, which helped get some paralogues (I don't use Odin normally), but as it stands I haven't used more paralogues than i would have unlocked normally, so I don't think it is too much of an issue.

Linkark07

Banned
I beat birthright last night on the standard copy. doing conquest right now on standard copy. Have a question. Will I be able to play revelations directly on my special edition that reaches me next week or will i have to play birthright or conquest on that to be able to play revelations? Thanks.

No need to finish the other routes, you can play Revelations immediately.

you can start revelations immediately upon reaching chapter 6 on the SE cart

You should be able to just start from the branch on the SE I believe. There you can choose Revelation from the 3 paths.

Top Bottom