• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Does anything carry over from Birthright or Conquest game saves into Revelations or is it just like starting a brand new game? Are all the supports, levels, stats and so on all reset?
Nothing does. If you choose to start from Branch of Fate it keeps your latest save's character customization, but that's it. Everything else is treated as a totally new game.

To the above post ^^^^

You'll be fine. 25 was the hardest chapter in the game, IMO.

Moonlight

Banned
30 minutes down the drain in Birthright 14 because I was feeling myself a bit too much and made one stupid mistake when there were only 3 enemies left. Great. I like Hard/Classic because it forces me to be deliberate, but I also don't like it.
Was in the same boat for Chapter 20. Totally stabilized and finally was able to start dictating the pace of the map myself, but didn't realize I put Effie in range of a lancer with a magic spear and she got nuked off the face of the planet.

TWILT

Banned
Okay, chapter 9 Revelation was mad long lol
Resetted several times and had to play extra careful so I didn't put a unit in a really bad spot thanks to the wind blowing them up and down. Was getting kinda tedious, but it was fun.

champloo

Anyone got some Conquest Chapter 10 tips? I made Mozu an archer which helped immensely on my last try

In my play through being aggressive changes it a lot. I had my best units(Effie, Corrin) go beyond the southern chokepoint asap to deal with some enemies before they reach my main army. It helps to alleviate the pressure when all the enemies start rushing towards the exit during the last couple turns.

Azuran

Banned
Conquest Chapter 14:

So what's the best way to approach the boss? That Shrine Maiden with the Entrap staff is terrifying me. I assume letting Leo get warped would be the safest course of action but I don't want him stealing EXP. Normally I would send Effie with a Dual Naginata but the boss has magic so that's probably a bad idea :/

What to do..

Edit: Why do I overthink things sometimes? Simple sending Niles up there with his godly movement and destroying the Maiden was the answer -.-

At the endgame for Conquest, this story is really, really, really dumb and stupid, with stuff like Corrin being a moron,
Slimy Garon
, and a bunch of other things to consider, but there is one thing I do like about this story.

You get to murder Takumi's whiny ass and send him straight to the depths of the Valla

Edit: And you get Keaton in this route compared to Birthright

Edit 2: Wow, keeping Odin was worth it, using him as a pair up bot with Ophelia and giving her the right skills made her a absolute powerhouse, 2HKO'd the final boss.

Conquest Chapter 14:

So what's the best way to approach the boss? That Shrine Maiden with the Entrap staff is terrifying me. I assume letting Leo get warped would be the safest course of action but I don't want him stealing EXP. Normally I would send Effie with a Dual Naginata but the boss has magic so that's probably a bad idea :/

What to do..

Edit: Why do I overthink things sometimes? Simple sending Niles up there with his godly movement and destroying the Maiden was the answer -.-

Launch your most tanky unit to the maiden range with no weapon equipped (or a bronze weapon, which is weak and cannot critical). Then use Camilla or Beruka as a transport bot to make reach the boss with a unit that wanna gain the exp.

Question: Do Dark Falcons have a Level Cap? If not, how the fuck is that balanced?

Level 40 like songstress

Rainy

Banned
Just finished Birthright on Hard/Casual. Last battle save was during endgame around 36:30 so I'd put my end time at around 37 hours.

Honestly I really loved it. A lot of people might be disappointed by the story and the writing but I actually didn't think it was that bad. It was just quite predictable on most counts. I learned to love the characters a lot and I personally liked a lot of them better than those in Awakening, and I hear there are even better ones on the Nohr side so I'm excited to play Conquest. Really loved some of the supports in this game.
In terms of gameplay I felt that dragon veins were a pretty nifty gimmick on most maps but I honestly didn't use them that often. While magic users were greatly nerfed in this game, Rhajat became a pretty big killer for me in the last few chapters, so guess they weren't nerfed that badly heh. And I also actually used archers in this game unlike Awakening, pretty nifty in this game. The difficulty spike in the last 4-5 chapters was a bit ridiculous. I'll be honest I think I started relying on too few units the last few chapters which made endgame particularly tough but I still got through it.

I'm still kind of confused what happened with King Garon though? Did something take him over? Or is this something we find out more about in Revelations/Conquest?

Overall great game. Onto Conquest tomorrow.

Fujinn

I'm currently in chapter 21 on Birthright. So far its rather easy (normal/classic, its my third game) when i finish it i'll jump right to Conquest. How is the jump in difficulty?

Just finished Birthright on Hard/Casual. Last battle save was during endgame around 36:30 so I'd put my end time at around 37 hours.

Honestly I really loved it. A lot of people might be disappointed by the story and the writing but I actually didn't think it was that bad. It was just quite predictable on most counts. I learned to love the characters a lot and I personally liked a lot of them better than those in Awakening, and I hear there are even better ones on the Nohr side so I'm excited to play Conquest. Really loved some of the supports in this game.
In terms of gameplay I felt that dragon veins were a pretty nifty gimmick on most maps but I honestly didn't use them that often. While magic users were greatly nerfed in this game, Rhajat became a pretty big killer for me in the last few chapters, so guess they weren't nerfed that badly heh. And I also actually used archers in this game unlike Awakening, pretty nifty in this game. The difficulty spike in the last 4-5 chapters was a bit ridiculous. I'll be honest I think I started relying on too few units the last few chapters which made endgame particularly tough but I still got through it.

I'm still kind of confused what happened with King Garon though? Did something take him over? Or is this something we find out more about in Revelations/Conquest?

Overall great game. Onto Conquest tomorrow.

I think that if you liked the characters in Birthright, then you are really going to like the characters in Conquest. At least I felt like the personalities went from pretty normal and grounded in Birthright to the much more quirky types in Conquest. Or at least the character interactions I saw in Conquest were typically funnier than the ones I saw in Birthright (I didn't really go for a lot of supports though, since I'm trying not to grind on my first playthrough).

Some I'm in Chapter 16 on Conquest and I can already say its story is worst than Hoshido/Birthright's by far.

I mean with Hoshido is it honestly pretty simple: "Let's fucking kill my evil father who is ruining shit." Whereas Conquest tries and fails to be thoughtful by going: "No I'll fix Nohr from within to stop my father, no actually I'll follow all my father's evil orders, including letting Hans just fucking murder innocent people and kill anyone who gets in my way cause this is for the greater good of stopping my father after he achieves what he wants and everyone in Hoshido should just stop bitching about being taken over."

fucking wat

NawtKool

Neo Member
Any tips on Chapter 20 Conquest? The gusts are really messing me up and those falcon knights are extremely annoying.

Can't say what I did will definitely help out since it took tons of trial and error for me, but
I took that map super slow, clearing out the bottom first, then the entire left portion, then the top to the boss, before tackling the middle right portion with the last chest. I also made sure to absolutely keep members in 2-3 groups, because those winds severely hurt positioning.

BTW Those fliers in the middle right didn't seem to move despite my units being in range, which is why I tackled them last. After a few times, you should get the hang of where the wind will go in the beginning, and the only problem you might have is dealing with Hayato. You could be opportunistic and activate a downwind to push Hayato towards you, but I did the opposite and waited for an upwind to push a handful of units towards him.

Overall though, I either let the wind push groups of my units, or my units dodged it, rather than trying to use dragon veins and push all units on screen.

Again, probably not the most helpful information, but that's why I did over alot of attempts.

Javier

Man, playing Birthright after Conquest is rather depressing. Just cleared Birthright 15...

Most Hoshidians are spared in Conquest, but almost all Nohrians are killed in Birthright. Having to kill Benny in 14 and Keaton in 15 nearly broke my heart.

BTW I was aware of the Kaze thing so I made sure he had an A-Support with Corrin beforehand, so that's all good.

JulianImp

Raises bonds or if you're married you play grab ass with your spouse.

Wait, so that means you can't use it to bond with characters in Conquest, where the limited number of battles means you can't possibly do that outside of some kind of re-doable content? I heard DLC can be played over and over, but still...

spiritfox

Wait, so that means you can't use it to bond with characters in Conquest, where the limited number of battles means you can't possibly do that outside of some kind of re-doable content? I heard DLC can be played over and over, but still...

It becomes available every evening even if you didn't do anything, and you can do castle battles to advance time. There are better ways to grind supports however, like castle battles.

JulianImp

It becomes available every evening even if you didn't do anything, and you can do castle battles to advance time. There are better ways to grind supports however, like castle battles.

How do I even start castle battles? I still haven't messed all that much with the castle, and sometimes come across things I can't read that make it difficult to know what some buildings and actions are for.

Still, hadn't they removed the skinship minigame that could be used there for the localized version?

massoluk

Banned
I'm at the point where a few of my characters can't kill anyone :[
0 damage no matter what

My Conquest Utopia is alas but a dream.

spiritfox

How do I even start castle battles? I still haven't messed all that much with the castle, and sometimes come across things I can't read that make it difficult to know what some buildings and actions are for.

Still, hadn't they removed the skinship minigame that could be used there for the localized version?

Go to the orb next to the throne in your castle. It's one of the options there.

They didn't remove the rewards for the minigame, you just get a short scene and a support boost, just no face touching.

Rutger

Banned
CH 18 Conquest would have been much more manageable without 20 turns limit bs. :\

Not enough time to get either chest.

It was more than enough time, even on Lunatic.
You have two units with lockpick and can set them on both sides of the map, so you should be able to get both chests around the same time. A small group of tanks can take care of the southern half, like Xander and Effie, while everyone else works on the northern half.

Considering I ship my MC and Camilla, I was prepared for creepness.

The voice adds +100 to the creepness. Its like some old woman preying on sweet innocent little Corrin.

I did the same thing just to see if I could but then reloaded. I hate missing chests

I got both, on hard. I didnt think it was bad at all.

Do the chests have important stuff in them? Im considering redoing that chapter for additional exp. If its like speedwings and stuff I might get the chests too.

Astral Dog

Some I'm in Chapter 16 on Conquest and I can already say its story is worst than Hoshido/Birthright's by far.

I mean with Hoshido is it honestly pretty simple: "Let's fucking kill my evil father who is ruining shit." Whereas Conquest tries and fails to be thoughtful by going: "No I'll fix Nohr from within to stop my father, no actually I'll follow all my father's evil orders, including letting Hans just fucking murder innocent people and kill anyone who gets in my way cause this is for the greater good of stopping my father after he achieves what he wants and everyone in Hoshido should just stop bitching about being taken over."

fucking wat
Yes the plot in Conquest is fucked up, maybe even a bit disturbing.

massoluk

Banned
Yes the plot in Conquest is fucked up, maybe even a bit disturbing.

Plot in conquest is lolworthy than I thought
It's simple. Let the evil dad sit on the throne and he will be exposed!
Me: Uh.. Why don't just kidnap him or defeat him and put him on the throne, or whatever. There are far more sensible paths than conquering a nation to put the dude on the throne.

Javier

I'll admit, Conquest's story is pretty dumb, but it feels like the writers knew from the beginning that the story made no sense, but decided to go ahead with it anyway, so as a result a part of me secretly likes the story.

Conquest is easily one of the series' best in terms of gameplay and map design.

Top Bottom