• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

What's the verdict on Revelation so far? If you guys had to choose between either Hoshido or Rev, which would you purchase?

Theres only a handful of reviews out for Revelation but most of them agree its the best path. It seems like the "true" path, but to get the most out of it, you should play Birthright and Conquest first. It spoils a lot from both of those stories so if you play Revelation first, you might not enjoy the other two as much.

Oh that might do it, I play with the sound off so I wouldn't know.

Camilla's does. =)

Kazuma would be proud :p

Dude dont play with the sound off. Youre missing like half the game that way!

Draxal

Conquest is the best path gameplay wise. Rev is the path if you only want to complete one run of the game and have and endgame file with everybody (sans 3 characters) max statted.

I'll admit, Conquest's story is pretty dumb, but it feels like the writers knew from the beginning that the story made no sense, but decided to go ahead with it anyway, so as a result a part of me secretly likes the story.

Conquest is easily one of the series' best in terms of gameplay and map design.

I've said it before, but it wouldn't surprise me if that Rev was meant to be Conquest's original story and once they realized they had to have a third path, they made up some bullshit for Conquest. Don't get me wrong, Rev's story is pretty bad too, It's like they taken one story that wouldn't have been offfensive, and made two dumb stories out of it.

I dont hate the Conquest story as much as I thought I would. I'm only up to chapter 26.
The whole throne thing is stupid but Corrin feels like if he can show his siblings and the Nohrian army what kind of a monster Garon has become, they will have an excuse to take him down. If they killed him as is, it would seem like they were traitors and the Nohrians would probably have a civil war. They made a point about how the army is already split between Garon loyalists and those that want to follow Corrin's peaceful ways of doing things.

Anteo

Some I'm in Chapter 16 on Conquest and I can already say its story is worst than Hoshido/Birthright's by far.

I mean with Hoshido is it honestly pretty simple: "Let's fucking kill my evil father who is ruining shit." Whereas Conquest tries and fails to be thoughtful by going: "No I'll fix Nohr from within to stop my father, no actually I'll follow all my father's evil orders, including letting Hans just fucking murder innocent people and kill anyone who gets in my way cause this is for the greater good of stopping my father after he achieves what he wants and everyone in Hoshido should just stop bitching about being taken over."

fucking wat

I dont think thats the problem with the story,
having Corrin to play along the orders of Garron until the right time would be fine if not because of the other dimension and the "Garron is possesed" bullshit, the game doenst have the balls for Corrin to stand up to the evil father so they make him possesed to justify it a bit, then with this new information, thye cant tell anyone because the only "proof" (if you can call it that) comes from the other dimension that will banish you if you talk about it. How convinient.

This Corrin wants to fix Nohr with his Nohr family, and actualluy goes onto talk about killing on some supports and threatening people in part of the story, but then the game wanst to make Corrin more relatable and tries to add the bullshit of "I dont want to kill innocent people" which works agaisnt the theme of norh.

Renewed

Finshed Conquest Chapter 10 yesterday

I really wanted to get away with not using Camilla that much on the ninjas and spear users but it turned out to go that way in the end. I wanted to book it at some point for the Dracoshield but I missed it, damn. I had her shift position to the west where Hinata and those troops were coming in with Jakob supporting so she'd take less damage. I left the right side in general to Effie with Guard Naginata and Arthur for damage boost. I let Corrin and Silas handle the upper right Ballista and Selena with Nohrian Blade handled the upper left while Nyx blasted anyone she could. In the end it took me 2 hours, the longest I've ever spent on a map. Damn Lunatic

Does anyone else hide what level of difficulty they're using on their My Castle cards?

Nah, I don't really care if people see what difficulty I'm on.

Dimmle

Random My Castle battle ends up bequeathing my powerhouse Conquest Corrin with Replicate. I'll take it. No questions asked.

Kiro

Beat hoshido and nohr now. Nohr I beat with corrin/Silas soloing chapter 27 and endgame lol. Hoshido had better story and slightly better characters. Nohr had way better missions and the perfect level of difficulty where you felt a sense of accomplishment.

I've begun revelations and on chapter 9 it's already becoming my favourite. I would play the first two though definitely.

Beat hoshido and nohr now. Nohr I beat with corrin/Silas soloing chapter 27 and endgame lol. Hoshido had better story and slightly better characters. Nohr had way better missions and the perfect level of difficulty where you felt a sense of accomplishment.

I've begun revelations and on chapter 9 it's already becoming my favourite. I would play the first two though definitely.
Great to hear that Revelations is that good even after playing the other two. I'll get around to it one of these days.

I just beat Birthright Chapter 12 on Hard Classic.
How many people just flew Corrin ovee to the escape route? I'm debating redoing the chapter and getting the goodies and exp just because that felt too easy

Also, was anyone (especially anyone who skipped Awakening) rudely surprised by Beastkillers not just killing beast transformations like the fox guy, but also mounted units as well?

Balphon

Also, was anyone (especially anyone who skipped Awakening) rudely surprised by Beastkillers not just killing beast transformations like the fox guy, but also mounted units as well?

It's basically a Horseslayer, which has always done that. The main difference Awakening introduced is that it also does extra damage to beast-people and pegasi.

Brakke

Banned
How many people just flew Corrin ovee to the escape route? I'm debating redoing the chapter and getting the goodies and exp just because that felt too easy

I'm pretty sure doing anything except flying to the exit is suicide, but I didn't try.

All the enemies that drop loot start pretty close to deployment zone, so it's easy to have Corrin hover near but not on the exit for a couple turns while you kill them. I also sent my other fliers off to kill some of the isolated units on the islands for EXP / hearts.

What I did was kill the units at the bottom, have one flyer waiting for the outlaw to open the chest. The turn he opens the chest have that flyer kill him and take his drop and what he pulled from the chest, then immediately escape with corrin who was on my other flyer

It's basically a Horseslayer, which has always done that. The main difference Awakening introduced is that it also does extra damage to beast-people and pegasi.
Thats basically what confused me. I'm used to Horseslayers for horses and specific weapons for winged units, and PoR had Laguz specific weapons as well. This was the first time I saw a weapon that just hit all of those, and with the Beast name making me think it was just for beast transformations, it fooled me and I had to reset a death from Silas.

Lynx_7

Conquest's story doesn't bother me because it's so clearly there just as a backdrop to get you from place to place so you can have more of the amazing gameplay. It's like they made these really good maps and then wrote some excuses to get you there, which to me is fine since I come to this franchise mostly for the gameplay anyway. Characters are the next most important item on the list, and I can't say I'm disappointed on that front since Nohr's cast is very likeable and there are some great support convos. At first I was like "I miss my Awakening crew" but now I'm on chapter 20 and attached to most of my units to the point where I have trouble deciding on a core party to keep. There's always just one or two more I'd like to take with me but unfortunately there's not enough space.

Anyway, I may have met my first "fuck it, I'll take that death" situation. Xander's son didn't even look that good anyway and his paralogue is too troublesome for me to restart.

Leiru

I need some advice, I'm on paralogue 18 trying to get velouria but I don't even know how to approach the enemies. Any tips?

I've been really grinding up my Setsuna!Midori!Kana on Birthright so that she can get a lot of transferable skills to stick in the logbook for use later in Revelation. This Kana is obviously a speed demon and my +Skill Avatar boon makes her a perfect fit for Master Ninja. She was always a good unit, but her stats are really starting to snowball and she just picked up Shurikenfaire so she's a total monster now. She constantly procs Dragon Fang and gets tons of crits with the Barb Shuriken.

Midori wasn't my first choice of wife in terms of character. I actually do like her, but she's a little girl... However, her stats and classes really suited my Avatar and made Kana a beast. I don't really regret my decision.

Balphon

Thats basically what confused me. I'm used to Horseslayers for horses and specific weapons for winged units, and PoR had Laguz specific weapons as well. This was the first time I saw a weapon that just hit all of those, and with the Beast name making me think it was just for beast transformations, it fooled me and I had to reset a death from Silas.

I think that's the only major change regarding effective damage weapons in Awakening.

I'm not sure if it's always present, but the game warns you when an enemy stack has a weapon that will do effective damage to the unit you're moving with a little exclamation point bubble above the enemy.

I need some advice, I'm on paralogue 18 trying to get velouria but I don't even know how to approach the enemies. Any tips?

I had everybody cross the mountains at the very top of the map to take out the fire orb user up there. This has the added benefit of putting your group next to Velouria when she shows up. You can leave someone behind to activate one of the dragon veins to silence their (and your) casters for a turn to prevent them from firing, but be aware that faceless reinforcements will spawn from the forts near your starting position.

Once you are across it's manageable to simply bait the units in the middle up and slowly clear your way down. The only thing you need to stay wary of is the guy with the entrap staff.

what i been doing is making use of the three dragon viens on the map to lure the faceless forward without getting attacked by fire orbs and freeze staff
spend a turn outside the range to position, silence everything to lure the faceless forward then continue on

there's a lot of making sure to clear everything in a turn but I found that the dark knights themselves aren't too bad if everything else has been cleared

Anteo

I just used a promtoed
Azura child
, or anyone with good def and res to bait the dragons while tanking the magic orb. If he was going to be overwhelmed I just backed up and got everyone in formation to deal with the dragons. The enemy never gets to Velouria if you get her out of range so she is safe all the time.

Andrew J.

I got everyone as close as possible, hit the Dragon Vein, rushed in (prioritizing the orb units), went for a another Dragon Vein, repeat. There were only one or two enemy turns where my units were vulnerable to magic attacks

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What's the verdict on Asugi? Worth using over Saizo?

NeonZ

I've said it before, but it wouldn't surprise me if that Rev was meant to be Conquest's original story and once they realized they had to have a third path, they made up some bullshit for Conquest. Don't get me wrong, Rev's story is pretty bad too, It's like they taken one story that wouldn't have been offfensive, and made two dumb stories out of it.

But Revelations mostly focuses on the Hoshido side, with most of the Nohr content there feeling rather sloppy - from bad unit balance to the story throwing many Norh related plot points under the bus in order to get into the Revelation story as fast as possible
like Garon going crazy and starting to talk about destroying both kingdoms in order to make Xander leave Nohr or how unlike the other puppets Garon just appears out of nowhere to die in the final chapter, with people barely reacting to it, while the Hoshido royals and Azura's mother get chapters dedicated to them - Azura who receives much more focus in Hoshido than in Nohr
. If at any point the third path didn't exist, Revelation likely took elements from Hoshido, not Nohr.

What 3 units can you not get in revelations?

It's really spoilery; so click at your own peril

Izana dies early on, Scarlet is a temporary party member, and Gunther can't gain supports

That list is also missing
Yukimura, who never joins in Revelation.

No Haitaka, Kumagera and Daniela either, but I guess people don't count recruitable bosses.

Claris

Put Corrin in the bottom right corner of the map stocked up with healing items away from the rest of your party and Camilla only targets him
Not true. If I had to make a guess, I'd say it's the column that has the most of your units in it; I kept most of them to the right and she targeted the right side every time. Or maybe it's messed up and just always favors the right side. At the very least it's definitely not tied to Corrin's position.

Got Ryoma in Revelations and he's just as broken as I remembered him to be in birthright,

He practically solo'd his join map and one shotted the boss with a crit astra to boot.

I started Revelations, and my Corrin is already over leveled. Part of it is due to the lack of units early on. Also, my Corrin in Rev seems to be a lot better than the one in Conquest. He pretty much solo'ed the chapters early on.

Conquest Chapter 10 on lunatic is something.

Can't believe I got it in my first try, but good news, enemy's also miss a lot with 90% hit rates.

I was lucky

The plus side of Lunatic fixed level ups: those 6+ stat level ups you got before the reset? You keep them.

Unless that unit just joined then LMAO

Top Bottom