• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

I was under the impression that it's rigged to never give you a 0 stat level up if you have no capped stats, though.
No, I don't think any game in the series had something like that.

Radiant Dawn gives you one stat no matter what as long as you haven't capped everything but that's not the same.

Moonlight

Banned
There is very little more vindicating than tackling a mission so many times and then winning on your best one, level-wise. Velouria got two 5+ stat-ups, and Ophelia and Elise got one too. Lowest level anyone gained that run was +3. Added a hell of a lot more tension near the end, but man, I feel great.

Conquest 20 isn't hard when you get the gimmick, exactly, but man when you activate the reinforcements and you're in a bad spot, whoa.

Balphon

Conquest 20 isn't hard when you get the gimmick, exactly, but man when you activate the reinforcements and you're in a bad spot, whoa.

I actually just did that one myself. Caught a lucky break when Felicia got pushed way further than I expected into Hayato's range but dodged his 30% hit chance (that he still procced Luna on) to survive the single turn it took to get support to her. Still not entirely positive I fully understand the mechanic.

I am glad I managed to unlock Velouria's paralogue and recruit her right before the chapter. I class changed her to Wyvern Lord and the extra flier was extremely helpful.

Xenoflare

There is very little more vindicating than tackling a mission so many times and then winning on your best one, level-wise. Velouria got two 5+ stat-ups, and Ophelia and Elise got one too. Lowest level anyone gained that run was +3. Added a hell of a lot more tension near the end, but man, I feel great.

I got my assed kicked in Chapter 9 Revelations since
the wind will affect both allies and enemies at the same time

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I may have burned out on this game. Rev is great so far, but I'm a little spent despite how amazing the game is.

Busaiku

Revelation 12 was cool, but it was exceedingly frustrating.
Those freaking Berserkers...

So many resets on this, with multiple 1% criticals...

In both of the previous games that allowed me to create a unit, I've created this absolute tank of a Paladin/Great Knight. I was wanting to do the same here with +Def/-Luck, but is a tanky Corrin possible? Every unit just seems so fragile in this game.

2 questions:

-When does the level 3 rod shop become available in Birthright? I'm literally about to reach level 20 with everyone in Chapter 17 and I'm all out of Master Seals.
-You know those bonuses you get depending on the number of paths you have purchased? Do those reset between playthroughs or can you only get them one time ever?

whats the deal with the Awakening Characters in Fates?

I just had OdinxSelena supports and it feels like Awakening and Fates are connected.

Anteo

I thought so too, but their supports hint at their real names and talk about leaving Hoshido/Norh

Exactly, just fan service, they just added the characters to Fates because they were fan favorites last game. There is not much more meaning behind it.

Also, try playing the "Before Awakening" dlc stage with these characters

Exactly, just fan service, they just added the characters to Fates because they were fan favorites last game. There is not much more meaning behind it.

Also, try playing the "Before Awakening" dlc stage with these characters

I know they were added because of fan favorites, but some of the supports keep mentioning leaving this world and all that, I'm wondering if they are trying to connect the Awakening/Hoshido-Norh world. Sequel maybe?

I would actually like a Awakening Sequel.
They have their own DLC confirming it's them.
Odin kinda already did with his Selena supports

SerRodrik

Just beat Birthright on Hard/Classic.
Was pretty irritated to find out you can't save before the final mission. I ended up letting a bunch of characters die because I didn't want to keep replaying the previous mission as I worked out my strategy. Now I'm debating whether I should go back and beat it the proper way, or just move on to Conquest.

Anteo

I know they were added because of fan favorites, but some of the supports keep mentioning leaving this world and all that, I'm wondering if they are trying to connect the Awakening/Hoshido-Norh world. Sequel maybe?

I dont think there is much meaning behind it really. They probably plan to go home at some point.

Now, are they really the same guys from awakening? because in one support Odin talks about something bad that happened on a bridge to him, and that only happens in Future Past to a completly differnet version of Owain.

I dont think there is much meaning behind it really. They probably plan to go home at some point.

Now, are they really the same guys from awakening? because in one support Odin talks about something bad that happened on a bridge to him, and that only happens in Future Past to a completly differnet version of Owain.

its them, theres DLC that confirm it.

This game takes place way in the past, have Corrin talk to Chrom in the before awakening dlc.
as well as having
Selena talk to chrom. Its the easiest confirmation that Selena is Severa, and she mentions that this chrom wouldnt know her yet, which is good because she was worried he would recognize. the only other confirmation that I know of is maxing out selena's hearts in notskinship. Im guessing the upcoming DLC has the confirmation as well

I'll take a Awakening Sequel(Prequel?) with the Kids.

they got the gameplay down, now they can work with a setting they know. Also the kids terrible past was really interesting in my opinion

Anteo

its them, theres DLC that confirm it.

You dont understand what I mean.
The DLC shows how they change clothers and go to the fates universe. It doenst specify which version of the children they are.

As you know, in awakening there is the Future Past DLC that tells the story of the Awakening 2nd gen in a different outrealm, in this outrealm they didnt go back in time to save their parents cause they actually managed to get all the gemstones, they are on the way back to Lucina in Ylisse so she can perform the Awakening but they get ambushed.

One of the stages has Owain and Inigo doing a last man stand on a bridge. Odin from Fates references some traumatic event that happens on a bridge in one of the supports. So, is this Odin the one that came back in time in awakening? or the one that made the last man stand on the bridge alongside Inigo in Future Past?

You dont understand what I mean.
The DLC shows how they change clothers and go to the fates universe. It doenst specify which version of the children they are.

As you know, in awakening there is the Future Past DLC that tells the story of the Awakening 2nd gen in a different outrealm, in this outrealm they didnt go back in time to save their parents cause they actually managed to get all the gemstones, they are on the way back to Lucina in Ylisse so she can perform the Awakening but they get ambushed.

One of the stages has Owain and Inigo doing a last man stand on a bridge. Odin from Fates references some traumatic event that happens on a bridge in one of the supports. So, is this Odin the one that came back in time in awakening? or the one that made the last man stand on the bridge alongside Inigo in Future Past?
I did get what you mean, but time traveling storylines are a mess to keep up with

Busaiku

as well as having
Selena talk to chrom. Its the easiest confirmation that Selena is Severa, and she mentions that this chrom wouldnt know her yet, which is good because she was worried he would recognize. the only other confirmation that I know of is maxing out selena's hearts in notskinship. Im guessing the upcoming DLC has the confirmation as well
Odin and Laslow call each other their original names too.

I know like the Awakening characters that make a appearance in fates. I thought they just reused designs for fanservice, but they did more, it actually intrigues me if they do more or hint at something.

Just beat Conquest Chapter 11 after a row of horrifically unlucky incidents involving Arthur!

I have to say, Conquest Chapter 11 is probably one of my favorites in the entire series. Honest. It's easy, it's open ended allowing for various approaches, and its gauntlet of minibosses was so much fun. The scenary was pretty and the final room was just so cool. And the story afterwards was so damn emotional and satisfying. Just an incredible chapter.

It was well needed after the hell that was Chapter 10!

Anteo

I know like the Awakening characters that make a appearance in fates. I thought they just reused designs for fanservice, but they did more, it actually intrigues me if they do more or hint at something.

Did you meet the other 3 that appear on Birthright?
Because those are actual reuses, they are not the characters from Awakening. Well, they pull the "reincarnation" bullshit with these instead.

Also, Mozu, god dammit she is my most unlucky character, whenever the enemy has a 30% or less chance of hitting her, she is getting hit for sure.

No, I just thought you didnt know about the others
I don't used the children at all, so I forget about those guys.

I've only played paralogue 1&2 because the kids are so unnecessary to the story that I don't bother with them.

However, you said three, who's the third after Tharjar and Gaius?

WVW69i_B2zADtq78by

OMG
Best. Character. EVER

Top Bottom