• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

hutna

Anyone have this odd issue?

My streetpass list for this game is full (50/50). No matter what I try it won't change. Does anyone know what in the game flags a streetpass as complete thus opening another slot?

Just finished Birthright. My spoiler-y thoughts on the final chapters and ending and comparing it to Conquest's final chapters and ending:

Wow, Endgame was really easy, even on Hard. I 1-turned it with a Hexing Rod. Admittedly, I'm kind of happy how easy it was. Conquest Endgame was extremely stressful because I knew if I screwed up I'd have to redo Chapter 27 too. This was really straightforward. It reminded me of Awakening's final chapter actually.

I knew Xander's death was coming considering Ryoma kicked the can on Conquest, but I did not expect them to kill off Elise. Anything involving the Conquest characters felt like a gut punch, really. I'm very happy with my decision to play Conquest first, because even after playing through Birthright I vastly prefer the Conquest crew and anything involving them on Birthright was a lot more potent after having gone through Conquest. Birthright's story felt better than Conquest's silly plot, but the characters were worse. It's not like the story was super amazing but it was at least serviceable. Conquest felt like a gameplay first focused design when it came to the story, which made it a fantastic game but a lesser story. I definitely prefer Conquest overall. If IntSys can make the next game have the same design sensibilities as Conquest but with a good story, it would have the potential to be the best game in the franchise. Conquest is definitely one of the better games in the franchise that I've played, but I don't know if it's the best.

I'm about to start Revelation now. I'm excited to find out the *mysteries* but I don't expect the story to be super amazing. I also can't wait to grind and make some truly hilariously broken units, as this will most likely be my grind file. I'm planning on buying all the DLC.

Chapter 17 is making me realize that Xander is garbage. Can I have Ryoma in Conquest please?

Have you paired him with someone like Charlotte, because after that, he became an unstoppable machine for me?

Until I got Ophelia, where she 1HKO'd endgame Takumi

Friends, I am extremely confused about how certain characters appear in each story path. I'll post it in a spoiler block.

So I have been playing Hoshido for 12 hours and like several of the characters very much. Because many characters will be in S rank territory soon, I caved and started looking up optimal pairings for perfect children. I am dismayed to see this is not something that has really been locked down yet.

But I keep seeing people referencing characters from Nohr marrying characters from Hoshido. Or simply mentioning Hoshido characters in the Nohr plotline. How can Subaki marry Selena, for example, if she's a Nohrian retainer?

I've also seen people mention Oboro in Nohr, which doesn't seem possible.

What am I missing here? These units don't appear in Capture guides, so it can't be that. Do all the characters appear in Revelations or something?

Also, if anybody has even a partial Perfect Children guide somewhere, I would appreciate it.

Draxal

Friends, I am extremely confused about how certain characters appear in each story path. I'll post it in a spoiler block.

So I have been playing Hoshido for 12 hours and like several of the characters very much. Because many characters will be in S rank territory soon, I caved and started looking up optimal pairings for perfect children. I am dismayed to see this is not something that has really been locked down yet.

But I keep seeing people referencing characters from Nohr marrying characters from Hoshido. Or simply mentioning Hoshido characters in the Nohr plotline. How can Subaki marry Selena, for example, if she's a Nohrian retainer?

I've also seen people mention Oboro in Nohr, which doesn't seem possible.

What am I missing here? These units don't appear in Capture guides, so it can't be that. Do all the characters appear in Revelations or something?

Also, if anybody has even a partial Perfect Children guide somewhere, I would appreciate it.

Revalation has it where you can play as pretty much everybody in both sides (you can't play as 3 chars from the other routes).

Is his fault because this is the world where your counterpart is Based Ryoma who constantly tells the RNG gods to go screw themselves.

Ryoma-18 skill, 20 luck, Rajinto has 80 hit, B rank swords
Xander-18 skill, 20 luck, Siegfried has 80 hit, B rank swords

PEMN.txt

Have you paired him with someone like Charlotte, because after that, he became an unstoppable machine for me?

Until I got Ophelia, where she 1HKO'd endgame Takumi

...how do you OHKO, even on normal mode assuming a Mjolnir crit you need to deal 30 damage before the crit which translates to like 82 attack after the proc

kewlmyc

Dang, besides Saizo, none of the Birthright guys get support with Conquest people...

That's flat out wrong though. Every unit (except the ones that only have supports with Corrin) have 2 opposite sex S Supports, and one A+ rank same sex support with the opposing army in Revelation.

Lynx_7

Do you feel the same way about Kaden? I stopped using him midway through Birthright, but when I decided to pick up his daughter on a whim before the final chapter, she was WRECKING everything with minimal effort.

I'm also not a fan of beast units, which is why I initially benched them, but they seem to be really good in this game.

Not sure, as I haven't played Birthright yet. I plan to right after I finish Conquest but that's taking a little longer than expected due to my lack of time.

Just looking at Ch.20's map screen I'm already like "I really don't wanna deal with this".

I made my decision on Conquest based on which characters I thought looked the coolest and I might like more. And I've been safe in my decision.
I have the best sister. I have a tsundere twin-tails. I have a multi-colored murderous twin-tail who I am seriously debating dropping my sister for to hook up with. I have my Effie wall. I have my Arthur, he of unending heroism. My Tharja-lite. My disturbingly strong high-class lady. My sexy werewolf guy.

I stayed strong in the face of Hinoka, my slightly not as good as Camilla sister. I stayed strong in the face of Kagero for she was but a stereotypical sexy ninja. I stayed strong against Setsuna and Hinata and Hana and Orochi. Rinkah almost got me with those abs.
But I persevered. I soldiered on and had won the day.

Then
Scarlet
showed up and my resolve has crumbled.

Tell me I made the right choice GAF ;______;

Spoilering in case. It's just which characters appear on which path.

I have had several people tell me it's the only path with a good story. Several of my friends say it's easily the best path. One friend of mine skipped right to it because he was bored by Hoshido.

funny, because some people consider Revelation's map design so terrible they prefer Birthright's

also as far as plot goes...eh it's not really better than Birthright either tbh

Next question: is the
Anna
DLC out in NA right now?

Surprisingly little documentation on this stuff right now. Everything is so confusing because many of the articles reference the Japanese game only. This wasn't a problem for me with Awakening.

...how do you OHKO, even on normal mode assuming a Mjolnir crit you need to deal 30 damage before the crit which translates to like 82 attack after the proc

I gave Sorcerer Ophelia a +7 forged Mojnilr (That thunder crit tome) and paired her with Odin (A-Rank), maxed some of her stats, got some tonics, rallied her, and used the skills Rend Heaven, Vantage, Awakening, Gamble, and Quixotic.

tldr: I spent way too much time grinding / planning to see if it's possible to 1HKO the final boss on Conquest Hard (It barely worked)

Witch Ophelia sounds really fun now, but NA doesn't get DLC that gives you that item until Mid-April

Edit: Speaking of DLC, please put in a Master Lord class and support for the Roy amiibo, Intelligent Systems, please.....

Balphon

I gave Sorcerer Ophelia a +7 forged Mojnilr (That thunder crit tome) and paired her with Odin (A-Rank), maxed some of her stats, got some tonics, rallied her, and used the skills Rend Heaven, Vantage, Awakening, Gamble, and Quixotic.

tldr: I spent way too much time grinding / planning to see if it's possible to 1HKO the final boss on Conquest Hard (It barely worked)

I don't think I have the budget for 128 Mjolnirs.

Finished Revelations (Hard/Classic). That's all three routes done. Revelations is definitely the "True" route. Aside from having all the big plot reveals, the creativity in some of the maps were at it's height here. It may not have been as challenging as Conquest but it tried out a lot of neat gimmicks. Certainly not as boring as Birthright's maps. The story itself was ok, though it still felt like somethings were glossed over. The highlight of the whole thing was definitely seeing the two sides interact. Gameplay-wise Conquest > Revelation > Birthright.

Notes:
  • I did 20 paralogues between Chapters 17 and 18.
  • Hana!Soleil!Kana was an unstoppable killing machine.
  • Ophelia is easily the best mage in the game.
  • Ryoma is easily the best unit in the whole game. I lost track of the number of times he singlehandedly pulled a bad situation out of the fire (or solo'd a whole section of the map).
Now wheres this game's Apotheosis?
PS: If you don't pair up Subaki and Selena, then you're not playing the game correctly. It's totally worth it just for the exclusive dialogue with her daughter.
Echoing this.

Just finished Conquest. That last battle was stressful. Endgame took me about 4 tries. And I really lucked out. One turn I was down to 1 HP. Conquest was really fun. I liked the characters more than Birthright, but the story seems to make more sense in Birthright.

Well, now to start Revelation.

Also, Replicate is the greatest skill. Wasn't even thinking of it when I chose Ninja as my trait. Really helped me out though.

WVW69i_NVrgX2obi1W

sdfkjjsdh
pXsgNTm.gif

Astral Dog

I have had several people tell me it's the only path with a good story. Several of my friends say it's easily the best path. One friend of mine skipped right to it because he was bored by Hoshido.
Thats only because (Rev spoilers)the mighty
dragon God Anankus appears along with its own final battle on SPACE!
I wonder if they can top that next time.

Having everything go right in a Chapter (except when Hanna and Orochi get a single +1 stat boost twice each) only for MC to be destroyed by the boss's 25% crit chance. REALLY takes the wind out of your sails.

PsionBolt

Finally cleared Conquest 26. Man, what a crazy chapter.

...Or so I thought! I haven't even started 27 yet, and it has somehow already managed to break my preconceptions to tiny pieces.
Those Entrap staves... Just one use, but infinite range and 200 hit?! That's not an equal trade-off! Even Garon's ridiculous 1-3 range axe looks like a joke compared to such an absurd staff.
It's looking like time to put to good use all those captured Hoshidans I've been collecting...
Having everything go right in a Chapter (except when Hanna and Orochi get a single +1 stat boost twice each) only for MC to be destroyed by the boss's 25% crit chance. REALLY takes the wind out of your sails.
After spending an hour on the chapter, I wasn't taking any chances against the 10% crit of the boss of 26. I killed him dead without giving him a chance to attack, bonking him 4 times in a row with attack stance + braves.

Birthright Chapter 19. Is it normal to only have two or three master-sealed units and no one even close to S-class supports with one another? I have no sense of where I am in the game and I'm worried I'm going to run out of time before anyone even has kids.

Also, Invasion 2 is kicking my ass so hard it's not even funny. Sigh.

mjc

Birthright Chapter 19. Is it normal to only have two or three master-sealed units and no one even close to S-class supports with one another? I have no sense of where I am in the game and I'm worried I'm going to run out of time before anyone even has kids.

Also, Invasion 2 is kicking my ass so hard it's not even funny. Sigh.

I'm on Chapter 20 and most of my characters have used the master seal. I don't have any S ranked relationships yet though.

I'm on Chapter 20 and most of my characters have used the master seal. I don't have any S ranked relationships yet though.

Did you spend a lot of money on scouting? I haven't really touched it at all because I assumed the game didn't really want you to grind, but unless you're using master seals early (I wait until my characters are level 20 first) I don't see how I'd be able to have most of my characters upgraded unless I do a lot more scouting.

Did you spend a lot of money on scouting? I haven't really touched it at all because I assumed the game didn't really want you to grind, but unless you're using master seals early (I wait until my characters are level 20 first) I don't see how I'd be able to have most of my characters upgraded unless I do a lot more scouting.
I did zero grinding (and only recruited three kids before stopping so I wouldn't mess up the experience curve) and my characters were all promoted/married by that point, how many characters are you using? Do you have dedicated support characters or are you trying to give experience to everyone equally?

Lucentto

Banned
...Have I ever mentioned how much I fucking hate this game making me do two chapters in a row? Because I hate it. After playing Birthright and Conquest on Hard, i'm kind of tired of this games bullshit. I'm just going to change the difficulty to normal and just blast through Rev.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to make the player go through two chapters in row needs to get slapped in the face with the largest dick imaginable, seriously fuck you guy whoever you are.

I did zero grinding (and only recruited three kids before stopping so I wouldn't mess up the experience curve) and my characters were all promoted/married by that point, how many characters are you using? Do you have dedicated support characters or are you trying to give experience to everyone equally?

I was trying to level up as many people as I could before, but apparently that is a mistake, so I sort of stopped doing it a while ago. But on lower-level challenges (and even the occasional story mission), higher-level characters are so powerful that killing normal enemies grants very little XP anyways (in Ryoma's case, 1-2 XP). So it's not like those challenges are useful to higher-level characters anyways, unless there's some secret multiplier effect or something I'm not aware of.

Marz

...Have I ever mentioned how much I fucking hate this game making me do two chapters in a row? Because I hate it. After playing Birthright and Conquest on Hard, i'm kind of tired of this games bullshit. I'm just going to change the difficulty to normal and just blast through Rev.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to make the player go through two chapters in row needs to get slapped in the face with the largest dick imaginable, seriously fuck you guy whoever you are.

Get wrecked scrub.

Don't play Path of Radiance.

Top Bottom