• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Ah no wonder. I just talked to her and sent her to a safe corner of the map. I thought she would be way too weak to handle the monsters on her paralogue.

Yeah, if you heart seal her to Archer and have a bronze bow/brass yumi handy, it's possible to absorb the damage with everyone else, and slowly pick away at enemies as you work toward the boss.

Of course, the boss also doesn't move, so if you got a cupid bow from My Castle stuff, you can farm exp until you're getting nothing from attacks if you've done that, too.

Mozu has been one of my best and most dependable units in Birthright and Conquest. You can bring her entirely up to speed in the paralogue where she's recruited. It's not an investment.

All that time you spent is in fact a massive investment.

(not to mention the Heart Seal if you made her an archer; honestly if you're willing to invest that much she has more upside later as a Master of Arms)

Kyrios

Ha, 3 hour maps.
Those short times were the days.

If this is a response from what I said earlier, I was greatly exaggerating, it just felt like 3 hours to me, probably was only 30 minutes or so. I couldn't even imagine an actual 3 hour map lol

Some of you guys worry too much about stats.

Just use whatever characters you want, these games are easy enough for that(unless it's lunatic might have a bit of trouble, but I don't really like playing lunatic so I can't say).

I just use characters who I like through support conversations

Chapter 10 felt like it was 3 hours long for me lol Manageable but I was paranoid the entire time.

From my experience, you have to go on the offensive. The two times I turtled I got wrecked. I didn't worry about the top left, as I could just send NotSelena in. I sent Silas and Effie to the right to hold the archers so they couldn't reach the ballista. I sent Arthur to tank the right (somehow my Arthur hits things just fine) and broke the weak spot on the barricade turn one. Other than that, using Nyx on the Fire Orb and Niles on the Ballista twice a turn helped a lot to keep everything at my pace. That turn 6 surprise sucked though.

If this is a response from what I said earlier, I was greatly exaggerating, it just felt like 3 hours to me, probably was only 30 minutes or so. I couldn't even imagine an actual 3 hour map lol

Fire Emblem 4, perhaps. I never did finish it completely, I don't think.

Thracia 776 was where the series really formed into what we had most everything afterward. I'd like to see more stuff from then. Movement having a chance to increase every level, more capture, the return of rescue,
mounted units dismounting indoors

Also Machuya is best girl.

Movement growth shouldn't come back but I'd sell future children for dismount and fatigue.

I feel like fatigue takes away from what the series is, post-Awakening. It's a waifu/husbando simulator, now. Now, 776's fatigue system wasn't overbearing, but it's certainly possible to make it so, and I'd rather they not get the chance to do so.

Busaiku

All these Revelation maps have been ridiculous for me.
All taking at least 25 turns, and with resets, it takes me about a full charge to get through 1.

Balphon

All that time you spent is in fact a massive investment.

(not to mention the Heart Seal if you made her an archer; honestly if you're willing to invest that much she has more upside later as a Master of Arms)

Getting her the five or so levels she needs to get up to speed really doesn't take much time or effort.

Her average growths are about as good or a little better than the other neutral units, and she's probably the best bow user on the Conquest path depending on who Nina's mother is. She's won't carry the army, but she's not a waste of space.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So since i picked up conquest with the plan to go the nohr route I chose it in chapter 5, and while im not gonna go back on it, i still feel pretty bad, the game itself kinda pushes you pretty hard to choose hoshido/birthright as the canon path haha

Pau

Reading about how everyone's Takumi is amazing makes me feel sad. Mozu beats him in every stat except Resistance. They still have seven level ups left, but even if he gets Str and Speed each time, he won't be able to catch up to her. :/

Balphon

Reading about how everyone's Takumi is amazing makes me feel sad. Mozu beats him in every stat except Resistance. They still have seven level ups left, but even if he gets Str and Speed each time, he won't be able to catch up to her. :/

Look on the bright side. Takumi finally has stats to match his personality.

Conquest 20 took me way more that I'm proud to admit.

fucking air currents

So since i picked up conquest with the plan to go the nohr route I chose it in chapter 5, and while im not gonna go back on it, i still feel pretty bad, the game itself kinda pushes you pretty hard to choose hoshido/birthright as the canon path haha

Birthright is so boring it hurts, if that makes you feel any better.

Azuran

Banned
All these armor dudes in chapter 13 birthright....

What can I do..

Give your ninjas some Sting Shurikens and they'll blow through them. An arrmorslayer is good too if you have one. Magic destroys them as well since they have low RES.

Wow did your Takumi really get screwed that badly by the RNG gods? Takumi should always be better than Mozu because Fujin Yumi is an godly weapon. He's one of the most OP units in FE history because of that. Mine was insane and was getting crits every other attack.

Give your ninjas some Sting Shurikens and they'll blow through them. An arrmorslayer is good too if you have one. Magic destroys them as well since they have low RES.

Wow did your Takumi really get screwed that badly by the RNG gods? Takumi should always be better than Mozu because Fujin Yumi is an godly weapon. He's one of the most OP units in FE history because of that. Mine was insane and was getting crits every other attack.

lol no

Okay, I've just recruited Rev Odin in all his glory and I'm amazed that anyone saw that and thought "This is a good idea". Not even mad, it's just amazing when someone this bad comes along.

Azuran

Banned

Relative to the game. I'm not saying he's going to start hanging out in Thracia and start smashing everyone there. Only Ryoma in Birthright surpasses his damage output during the main story unless you spend hours grinding for seals to make some random kid the ultimate beast.

Relative to the game. I'm not saying he's going to start hanging out in Thracia and start smashing everyone there. Only Ryoma in Birthright surpasses his damage output during the main story unless you spend hours grinding for seals to make some random kid the ultimate beast.

...in which case he's still not OP at all, especially cause Birthrout isn't exactly in need of a 2-range locked unit

(tangent: Thracia enemies are actually pretty weak relative to your units)

There's a lot more to unit strength than raw damage. Takumi is good but he isn't even OP in his own game, let alone strong enough to stand amidst the series' giants.

The double-chapter of 16/17 was enough that like four couples got married afterwards. I hope the number of slots I can use goes up after this because with so many characters it feels kind of wasteful to still only have like five pairs. I'll probably end up doing Leo with Sakura since I don't really have anyone that would help her more (maybe Azama, I guess Hayato would probably have been good but Hayato's a little shit so I wouldn't want to saddle her with him) and Xander with Hinoka. I have no idea who to pair Ryoma with now that Kagero is taken. Camilla is probably the best but I was going to avoid using her unless I had to.

Chapter 7 of Revelation took me over 50 turns. I really loved exploring every bit of the map.
Kind of felt like a traditional RPG. Hope theres more fog of war in the later chapters.

She's not but you dedicate every enemy possible to her EXP gains by softening the enemies before she comes in with a kill either on her own or with a dual attack.

Yeah, if you heart seal her to Archer and have a bronze bow/brass yumi handy, it's possible to absorb the damage with everyone else, and slowly pick away at enemies as you work toward the boss.

Of course, the boss also doesn't move, so if you got a cupid bow from My Castle stuff, you can farm exp until you're getting nothing from attacks if you've done that, too.

Hmmm when I start going through the paralogues in Revelation, I'll give her a chance. I didnt think you got Heart Seals that early in the game but lo and behold I have one in my convoy and I have no idea where I got it. I can always use additional archers, but she would have been really helpful had I known this during Conquest.

GamerSoul

Fuuuu lost Effie on the last enemy attack on the last turn of chapter 10 conquest with one attack away from automatic gaurd with her....no words right now.

Fire Emblem needs an option where you can choose to reset the chapter while you're in the middle of one, save a few seconds by skipping the title screen/file section.

Chapter 7 of Revelation took me over 50 turns. I really loved exploring every bit of the map.
Kind of felt like a traditional RPG. Hope theres more fog of war in the later chapters.

There's kind of a
Fog of War
in Chapter
Revelations, where instead of
a fog where you slowly traverse through a invisible area where it slowly gets more revealed when you step into them
, it's
most of the map being covered in ice where you have to slowly break each partition to reveal more of the area, it's horrible

I'm having an easier time with Birthright Lunatic than I am with Conquest hard. Predetermined level ups help too. I think a few bad level ups really screwed me over in Conquest.

I have to admit I cheesed Reina out for chapter 13 conquest by luring her with Camilla with a Corrin support, living with 1 hp, healing, lunge, straight into Mozu arrow range.

All the while Felicia is super tanking mages with tomebreaker,flame shurkien and effie is drawing the armor

Getting rid of Reina allowed me to reach the bandit before he even made it within 2 turns of the 1st house.

Somehow managed to survive Ch. 10 Conquest on Hard with no deaths. Gave up trying to move my units around and ended up camping them on the green squares. Effie, Dragonstone Corrin, Silas, and Camilla ended up tanking the front while Jakob and Elise were in the back healing. Had to make sure Elise would only ever be hit once, i.e. she could only stay in the middle two green spots, while Jakob took the leftmost and rightmost green tiles. Also had to take out the ninjas and archers quickly.

Yeesh.

You have no idea how many tries it took for me to get to all the houses on chapter 10.

I had a really bad set of Azura rolls so I could'nt safely spam the center ballista. If I had another shelter command it would have been a lot simpler.

Where do i get decent equipment(birthright)?
With the exception of the dragonstone, all the equipment characters start with is garbage, and the weapons in the store in my castle aren't much better.

BlackJace

So

Do they think the boss of Conquest 17's Avo rate is fair?

Cause it ain't. Even after disarming the traps, my highest rate to hit the bastard was 61%...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
On Revelation 17, and this is by far my favorite route so far. The difficulty is just right, you get every character,
the Fire Emblem exists, you learn about the invisible enemies you fight, Garon's behavior is explained in detail, there are dragons
... it feels like the true route in every respect.

It wouldn't work as well without the other two, though.

Hmmm when I start going through the paralogues in Revelation, I'll give her a chance. I didnt think you got Heart Seals that early in the game but lo and behold I have one in my convoy and I have no idea where I got it. I can always use additional archers, but she would have been really helpful had I known this during Conquest.

You can buy a heart seal as soon as you unlock the rod/staff shop, I'm pretty sure. You also get sme seals for the path bonuses, if I remember right.

DST has messed me up so I'm too tired and lazy to check...

spiritfox

Conquest 21

Fuck this, doing this on normal. Right now I just want to finish this route so I can start Revelation.

Edit: lol Normal is so easy in comparison.

Can somebody explain the term "Corrin-sexual"? I keep seeing this on Reddit and Serene's Forest. I'm also seeing "Kamui-sexual", so it isn't new.

I can't seem to find anybody explaining the term, just using it.

Tingle

Can somebody explain the term "Corrin-sexual"? I keep seeing this on Reddit and Serene's Forest. I'm also seeing "Kamui-sexual", so it isn't new.

Its people who can only S rank Corrin. Like Felica, Gunter, and Scarlet.

Dee Dee

It's used for characters that exclusively have S-supports with the avatar.

Not to to be confused with Chrom-o-sexual. That's a joke from Awakening, about how most of the characters in the game seem to have a thing for Chrom.

So

Do they think the boss of Conquest 17's Avo rate is fair?

Cause it ain't. Even after disarming the traps, my highest rate to hit the bastard was 61%...

Bait him to use Flame Shuriken on a low-Res unit. Hitting him is a lot easier when he puts a -20 Avo penalty on himself. :p For extra assurance, send a Dark Mage or promoted one next to him to make that -40 Avo.

Personally, I didn't even notice he even had Flame Shuriken until he sent Beruka to 1HP (Whew).

Its people who can only S rank Corrin. Like Felica, Gunter, and Scarlet.

Characters that dont have supports with anyone else in the group except Corrin/Kamui/The Avatar.

Examples: Shura, Scarlet, Reina, Etc...

It's used for characters that exclusively have S-supports with the avatar.

Not to to be confused with Chrom-o-sexual. That's a joke from Awakening, about how most of the characters in the game seem to have a thing for Chrom.

Thank you, all.

Man. I'm upset there are so few pairing guides for creating optimal child units. The most comprehensive pairing guides so far are for the benefit of the parents, not the children.

Like, who cares about the parents. I want their babies to rock. The children are our future!

But Awakening had pretty clear pairings that let you make perfect children at just the expense of Gerome, but you got a satisfying personality pairing between Cherche and Frederick as a result. The options in Fates don't seem to have clear perfect pairings like they did in Awakening.

Tingle

Thank you, all.

Man. I'm upset there are so few pairing guides for creating optimal child units. The most comprehensive pairing guides so far are for the benefit of the parents, not the children.

Like, who cares about the parents. I want their babies to rock. The children are our future!

But Awakening had pretty clear pairings that let you make perfect children at just the expense of Gerome, but you got a satisfying personality pairing between Cherche and Frederick as a result. The options in Fates don't seem to have clear perfect pairings like they did in Awakening.

The rule of thumb is to pair the father with a mother whose growths the child could benefit from.

So if the child is a magic user, make the mother a magic user. Beyond that, you are on your own for making the choices, I don't have a guide for it or anything.

Top Bottom