• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Astral Dog

I didn't have any problems on Conquest Ch. 10 for some reason on Normal -- of course, it IS normal, but I was led to believe it was trickier. I mean, it gives you two ballistae and a fire orb, letting you cover every route, and they do enough damage to render enemies dead in one shot if you had decent growths at all. Even the surprise+bum rush is easily taken care of because it comes through both ballistae paths. Effie and Silas were complete meatgrinders. That said, if you want to attack Takumi (1-2 range for some reason), it'd be a sight harder than that...
The true nightmare is that Chapter where Beny and Charlotte join, thats when i had to lower the difficulty, its so silly.

Disappointed that nothing matched up to Return/Purpose/Don't Speak Her Name in the music department, but those tracks were amazing so I can't hold it against them.

Draxal

I actually liked End of all Roads better than Duty/Purpose; beat Rev. Story is um kinda not great
Corrin is such a gullible buffoon in this

Dragon Veins to connect all of the boats appear on Turn 4 or 5.

Ah got it. I should have been more patient :p

Disappointed that nothing matched up to Return/Purpose/Don't Speak Her Name in the music department, but those tracks were amazing so I can't hold it against them.

The final battle music is incredible. Better than Purpose imo. But DSHN is a different kind of legendary. I was disappointed they didnt play it during the 25th anniversary concert. Azuras song is great too.

I felt Purpose was better implemented in Awakening, it's story was better told, even if it was a mixed bag.

I still need to play Revs, but I got finals next week

Balphon

Benny is bad, but pair him up with Camilla and Ignatius will become an nigh untouchable tank, even as a Great Knight, and he'll damage everyone around him at the end of his turn. Hayato likewise isn't very good, but Rhajat is everything that he isn't.

As generals they are both worse than Effie and as Great Knights they are both worse than Xander (who has the added benefit of not being a Great Knight) and likely most of your other mounted units.

Plus Camilla is wasted on Ignatius.

I felt Purpose was better implemented in Awakening, it's story was better told, even if it was a mixed bag.

I still need to play Revs, but I got finals next week

Yeah that lead up in Awakening gave me goosebumps. You can see they tried to recreate that in Fates but it didnt work as well.

End of all roads though got me so pumped up though, especially in Conquest. I had just 2 units left by the time I won so the mix of tension and music made winning feel like a great accomplishment.

Draxal

The final battle music is incredible. Better than Purpose imo. But DSHN is a different kind of legendary. I was disappointed they didnt play it during the 25th anniversary concert. Azuras song is great too.

DSHN is the best song of the 3DS games, as for the 25th concert they played the two best fire Emblem songs ever so I don't mind (Uprisingi n Agustria/and Eltshan the Lionheart).

I'm on the paralogue where you recruit Saizo's kid,
does Conquest play for this, Caeldori and Rahjat's chapters also as reference to them being based off the Awakening characters Gaius, Cordelia and Tharja
?

Edit: Saizo's had a +95% accuracy, and missed over 6 times in a row, Kaze speed he is not.

Man, Birthright Hard/Classic ended...softly. Not much in the way of memorable and challenging boards versus Normal/Classic Conquest. And characters...well, I strongly prefer Conquest overall but I did quite like fiery Hinoka and smart-ass Azama among a select few others.

Hinoka developed into this game's Velouria (although Silas married Hinoka) in terms of being a personally favored character able to eventually dominate almost anything with the only caveat being a low magic stat. On to Revelations while considering an uncompromising accept-the-losses Conquest run to see how far I get.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Saw that Birthright outsold Conquest in the sales thread.

The dream is dead.
When you sell it as the easier game and the sequel to the previous game, and make it clear you can get the second path for a discount anyway, most people will go for the easier, familiar game first.

Draxal

Saw that Birthright outsold Conquest in the sales thread.

The dream is dead.

Err doesn't mean much.

1. A lot of hardcore fans bought the special edition, who might have leaned to Conquest otherwise.
2. Conquest had a reputation of being a worse story and than Birthright.
3. The success of this means that split campaigns might happen again.

The true nightmare is that Chapter where Beny and Charlotte join, thats when i had to lower the difficulty, its so silly.

Wait, what? I didn't get Benny and Charlotte on that chapter. I got Belka, Severa, and Camilla.

EDIT: Oops, nevermind. Misread what you said.

Birthright 22

So, uh
Does the fact Shura helped kidnap Azura come up again or is it basically pointless? They don't share a support conversation and that's a pretty big detail all things considered.

Menthuss

Welp, Ryoma just got one-shotted with a crit. Why are enemy crits a thing again? Cause I fucking hate having to constantly take into consideration that there's a 1/20 chance that my unit will get one-shotted.

Why is my Corrin so ass

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Ike could take a whole damn map on his own and my Corrin can't even fight two axe users in dragon form SMH

Anustart

Beat chapter 12 finally. Put the game down for a bit. But man, my paragon 2 in birthright murders me.

Trying to save corrins kid and I get stomped over and over.

Revelation 13

Aw man I was legit sad that Nestra was destroyed. I was hoping for another dance routine but alas. I liked the debris mechanic but after I used the dragon vein, all of my efforts to create chokepoints and block enemies didnt mean shit as reinforcements continued to pour in from all sides.

Fuck man I cant believe theres no Ryoma and Scarlet supports. That feels criminal, especially how Sakura teases him about it at the end of the chapter. Damnit.

I'm loving all these interactions between Hoshidan and Nohr characters. This is like the best fan service.

DSHN is the best song of the 3DS games, as for the 25th concert they played the two best fire Emblem songs ever so I don't mind (Uprisingi n Agustria/and Eltshan the Lionheart).

Oh those are pretty good. I like Agustria a lot. I havent really heard any other FE soundtracks besides the 3DS games and whats on Smash Bros.

NeonZ

I got Gazzak! Somehow, Fates has made me cheer for two 85% hits.

Considering how much they're pushing the whole "the player is the my unit/avatar angle", it's kind of odd they made Corrin such specific character. I kind of wish they went back to the New Mystery-style avatar that even had customizable backstory, leaving the main lord as a separate character.

Why is my Corrin so ass

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Ike could take a whole damn map on his own and my Corrin can't even fight two axe users in dragon form SMH

I don't know what happened, but after lagging during most of the game my Corrin suddenly became a beast end-game, and I chose what's probably the worst stat combo (-skill, + luck)

onionfrog

Beat chapter 12 finally. Put the game down for a bit. But man, my paragon 2 in birthright murders me.

Trying to save corrins kid and I get stomped over and over.
Unless you've been grinding a lot its probably a little too early to do that paralogue.

I think around chapter 12 you don't necessarilly have any promoted units but the paralogue has quite a few including reinforcements.

You might be able to do it but it won't be easy! (I just barely completed it at chapter 12 with lots of grinding... And I lost a character in the attempt)

I only needed to dodge just one[/B of the two] 25% hit attacks to survive the turn.

JUST DODGE ONE

AND I GOT HIT BY BOTH FUCK FUVILSDJSLKDHFKSLDFJSAKLDFJASDL;KFJ

Edit: I need to go grind. There's too many promoted units while mine are still 13-15 and I don't want Ryoma sapping all the experience. There's no chance im gonna be able to do conquest/revelations on hard if im struggling this much.

Menthuss

Chapter 15 spoilers

So not only is Ryoma now gone thanks to that bullshit crit but Kaze is also dead (and what a ridiculously forced death it was). Well, this is just going swimmingly, isn't it.

Menthuss

Why didn't you reset? As for the second, it is actually avoidable

Cause it was the last enemy on the map that killed him and I could not be bothered to redo the whole map just for Ryoma. And yeah, I just read up on how it can be avoided. Still think
---his death---
is all sorts of stupid. I mean, Fates is pretty decent and a massive improvement over Awakening but sometimes I see shit that I just can't help but go "Stop being so fucking anime"... Like
Corrin's messiah complex

Hero

Conquest 10 on hard, any tips? I was defending in the middle with Corrin tanking the entrance and Effie making sure no one broke the wall. I sent Camilla down paired up with the other wyvern rider to take out Takumi but apparently he can attack from one space away??? The hell...

Kyrios

From my experience, you have to go on the offensive. The two times I turtled I got wrecked. I didn't worry about the top left, as I could just send NotSelena in. I sent Silas and Effie to the right to hold the archers so they couldn't reach the ballista. I sent Arthur to tank the right (somehow my Arthur hits things just fine) and broke the weak spot on the barricade turn one. Other than that, using Nyx on the Fire Orb and Niles on the Ballista twice a turn helped a lot to keep everything at my pace. That turn 6 surprise sucked though.

That's actually a good idea, not too much different from my strategy
My Arthur misses too much, but he's a good damage sponge. But yeah that turn 6...

All these Revelation maps have been ridiculous for me.
All taking at least 25 turns, and with resets, it takes me about a full charge to get through 1.

That's crazy, I'm going to start my Revelation run after I go through Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and tackle this backlog of mine

Fire Emblem 4, perhaps. I never did finish it completely, I don't think.

Thracia 776 was where the series really formed into what we had most everything afterward. I'd like to see more stuff from then. Movement having a chance to increase every level, more capture, the return of rescue,
mounted units dismounting indoors

Also Machuya is best girl.

I would love to see more of that stuff, I haven't played that one

Conquest 10 on hard, any tips? I was defending in the middle with Corrin tanking the entrance and Effie making sure no one broke the wall. I sent Camilla down paired up with the other wyvern rider to take out Takumi but apparently he can attack from one space away??? The hell...
Takumi in conquest is given point blank as a skill which makes bows 1-2 range. Similar stuff happens with Hinoka, who gets a skill nullifying her flying weakness to arrows (but not her weakness to beast killers and beastbane)

WatTsu

Question - I'm nearly done with Birthright and kinda feel like I'm going to be Fire Emblem-ed out for a while. I might (not sure yet) want to sell the game but I don't want to lose my save data/post-game stuff in case I want to go back and play Conquest and Revelations later. Can I keep all that without having to have the physical copy of Birthright?

Guys, so I just played Chapter 12 in Birthright. I'm cutting through Nohrian soldiers with ease. Then eventually, Xander makes his way to me and rekts my whole live. This dude is a monster. Even after being weakened by being "hit" (No Damage!!) by one of Kaze's Sting Shurikens, his defense is still INSANELY high (24) and no one on my squad can even harm him with defense that high (and he's weakened!).

So, I'm guessing this is where the game basically forces you to use Corrin's dragonstone? I totally forgot about it until now...

rhandino

Banned
Question - I'm nearly done with Birthright and kinda feel like I'm going to be Fire Emblem-ed out for a while. I might (not sure yet) want to sell the game but I don't want to lose my save data/post-game stuff in case I want to go back and play Conquest and Revelations later. Can I keep all that without having to have the physical copy of Birthright?
You can make a backup of your save data in the memory card of the 3DS but I dont know if you will be able to use it if your save is from the Birthroght edition and try to use it on Conquest.

Claris

Guys, so I just played Chapter 12 in Birthright. I'm cutting through Nohrian soldiers with ease. Then eventually, Xander makes his way to me and rekts my whole live. This dude is a monster. Even after being weakened by being "hit" (No Damage!!) by one of Kaze's Sting Shurikens, his defense is still INSANELY high (24) and no one on my squad can even harm him with defense that high (and he's weakened!).

So, I'm guessing this is where the game basically forces you to use Corrin's dragonstone? I totally forgot about it until now...
The goal is to escape with Corrin. You're intended to avoid him, not defeat him.

"The enemy missed an attack, my unit is gonna survive!"

Enemy's teammate hits a 10% crit on a 50% attack

nintendo-3ds-broken-hinge1.jpg

WHY CAN I NOT BEAT THIS FUCKING CHAPTER

Top Bottom