• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Draxal

I have Mozu paired with Ryoma right now, but she's underleveled and not in a position to pass down any quality skills. It's pretty late at this point and would be hard to level her the ten levels she needs for a good skill to pass down... But maybe I'll invest the time. She's just an archer at the moment.

What is it about Mjolnirs that people keep talking about? Do they stack with each other or something?

Mjolnir is the killer weapon for tomes.

What is it about Mjolnirs that people keep talking about? Do they stack with each other or something?

After forge level 3, Crit weapons like Killing Edges and Mjolnirs start leveling up their crit rates. But to get to that point you need a lot of copies of the weapon. Shops have limited quantities of these weapons, not enough to get 1 Crit weapon to level 3. Only way i've found to get more is through lottery or the weapon dlc map.

spiritfox

I have Mozu paired with Ryoma right now, but she's underleveled and not in a position to pass down any quality skills. It's pretty late at this point and would be hard to level her the ten levels she needs for a good skill to pass down... But maybe I'll invest the time. She's just an archer at the moment.

Mozu just needs to pass down Aptitude.

asagami_

Banned
Man I regret promote my Corrin so early, I think it was level 11. It was great at first, but now other characters are more powerful than him, because I waited to promote them until level 20. The same with Mozu, but she was promoted at level 13-15.

Thank god that this is Birthright and now I can see my faults I expect to play better in Conquest route.

Squire

Banned
I havent seen odin/elise to compare (have a transcript?) but odin and felicia were great because Felicia just eats up his insanity

Elise cuts through his bullshit and makes him talk like a person and not a Tolein character. She isn't offended by him (on the contrary, she's really quite amused), but she completely disarms him. It really is very charming.

Elise cuts through his bullshit and makes him talk like a person and not a Tolein character. She isn't offended by him (on the contrary, she's really quite amused), but she completely disarms him. It really is very charming.
yea I like how he just gives up on his psycho stuff because he cant figure out a way to keep it going with her. Pretty amusing, but she starts buying into it as a form of fun

PK Gaming

CdfGOkCW4AA5OqS.jpg

Roll up with the imouto squad

DPtheGod

Hey guys, I am playing birthright, and I am in chapter 9.

If I marry Sakura now, will it impact the story in any way? Will I be able to marry another character after I'm done with her?

Javier

Hey guys, I am playing birthright, and I am in chapter 9.

If I marry Sakura now, will it impact the story in any way? Will I be able to marry another character after I'm done with her?
If you mean the Avatar marrying Sakura, then no, it changes nothing outside of unlocking a Side Chapter (which is entirely optional). But, all marriages are permanent in this game even after death, so you can't marry someone, kill one of those characters, then have the other character marry someone else.

DPtheGod

If you mean the Avatar marrying Sakura, then no, it changes nothing outside of unlocking a Side Chapter (which is entirely optional). But, all marriages are permanent in this game even after death, so you can't marry someone, kill one of those characters, then have the other character marry someone else.

Ah darn!
I was hoping to avoid monogamy lol. How would I get characters to marry each other? The route I took with Sakura for the Avatar was simply inviting her to the room constantly. I may want to change my spouse now then..

Javier

Ah darn!
I was hoping to avoid monogamy lol. How would I get characters to marry each other? The route I took with Sakura for the Avatar was simply inviting her to the room constantly. I may want to change my spouse now then..
Have you unlocked any Support conversations? You build those by having characters pair up in battle and interacting during My Castle, and when you unlock an S-Support for a couple, they get married.

DPtheGod

Have you unlocked any Support conversations? You build those by having characters pair up in battle and interacting during My Castle, and when you unlock an S-Support for a couple, they get married.

Ah okay, yeah I have done some. I wasn't if pairing was the main route. Thank you!

Edit:

I remember reading if you marry Azura, something changes in the story. Is this the case? I'd rather marry her!

Ogodei

Those little hearts that appear after people finish a battle paired-up or standing next to each other are support points. Accumulating those unlocks support convos, which adds an extra layer of strategy because you want to keep people you're trying to ship together on the battlefield, so you should try to ship people who are at least somewhat complimentary.

Anteo

Odin: There's something I still don't get. Am I really THAT weird? This world's full of crazies! Look at Jakob. He has split-personality disorder. The minute Lord/Lady Avatar shows up, he's a celestial being with a heart of gold. With everyone else, he's a jerk. Silas? He's OK, but he's into some strange stuff. Or Arthur? He must have done something terrible to the gods to have such bad luck! All of the ladies are sick and tired of being hit on by Laslow! You know it's true! And Niles?! Seriously?! Is anyone shadier than that character? Why single me out?

lol

Anteo

You think he would have led with the fact that Peri is literally a serial killer and everyone just thinks it's cute.

His very first support with Charlotte has him calling her out on her whole "I am too cute tee hee" stuff. He could have used that too!
But yeah, the order of joining the party matters.

In awakening, Cordelia support with Henry her making a scarf to give to Chrom as a gift, but they discard the idea because Chrom's wife could get angry. Henry joins the party way after Chrom forced marriage.

Moonlight

Banned
You think he would have led with the fact that Peri is literally a serial killer and everyone just thinks it's cute.
Almost everyone is unsettled by her in the story, though. Even the character she bonds with the most in terms of mutual hobbies (killing dudes) is put off by how it manifests. Xander's the only person I can think of off the top of my head that just 100% accepts her from the get-go.

She's also a fictional character with memorable dialogue.

Almost everyone is unsettled by her in the story, though. Even the character she bonds with the most in terms of mutual hobbies (killing dudes) is put off by how it manifests. Xander's the only person I can think of off the top of my head that just 100% accepts her from the get-go.

Charlotte thinks its an act to get men's attention, charlotte has great supports

Balphon

I marred her to Niles and he actually found it endearing.

I'm not actually criticizing anyone for liking the character. Just saying that, in a cast full of idiosyncratic weirdos, the character who peppers her backstory with "and then I'd get bored and murder some servants" has to shoot to the top of the list.

PsionBolt

I sort of assumed Peri was one of those anime-weirdo types and was only pretending to be a serial killer. Since I promptly benched her, I continued under that assumption for the whole game until I read her bit in the epilogue.

Anteo

I sort of assumed Peri was one of those anime-weirdo types and was only pretending to be a serial killer. Since I promptly benched her, I continued under that assumption for the whole game until I read her bit in the epilogue.

Well,
she did see the bloody corpse of her own mother when she a a little kid, Dexter style, so it checks out.

NovaCross

Neo Member
Without spoiling too much(if at all), Do you acquire every character from Birthright and Conquest in Revelation or are minor characters left out?

Draxal

Some characters are left out.

Apparently, Laura Bailey voiced Nina and Elise. I honestly though Elise was done by Rise 2.0 from P4DAN.

Revelation 18 but spoilers for all three paths
Man the deaths in all three of these games are so random, it's like the only one that made sense was Ryoma and that's only because of the stupid contrived situation to get there. Izana just like randomly dies, Scarlet randomly dies, Lilith randomly dies twice (and will probably randomly die a third time. Azura's death in Birthright made sense but what happened in Conquest, she didn't even really use the song all that much. People just die and it happens randomly and without any real narrative buildup or importance.

JulianImp

I'm at Conquest #12 and have finally gotten my hands on the fabled flame shuriken. My maid took it from Effie (now with a mount as a grand whatever that wrecks anything that isn't a high-level caster) after she finished Haizo off, and has been doing decently in combat except for her bad physical defense making her kind of squishy if enemies get the chance to counterattack.

Elyse has also been promoted so that she could use tomes to attack, as I'm not too keen on dedicated healers, and I've also begun pairing her up with Odin since I figured they'd work well together due to both being casters. It's actually the first couple I end up arranging due to character affinity, since I'm actually not interested in min-maxing my team out anyway.

I also realized how castle visits worked a couple days ago, and have begun using it to get random gems/food and also look for good skills for my team. So far I've only bought the lv15 Hoshido Noble skill for my avatar (since I'm in Conquest and it looks like a pretty good ability), though.

Another thing I realized is that the game gives me some Dark Flier seals (alongside some other stuff) for having bought all three campaigns, but does anyone know how those bonuses work? Do I get them again on each new save or are they shared somehow?

I finally decided to get Kana, and
he has the Wolfskin class from his father, finally, my dream of multiple species from Awakening (Nah+Yarne), realized (Human+Dragon+Wolf)

Another thing I realized is that the game gives me some Dark Flier seals (alongside some other stuff) for having bought all three campaigns, but does anyone know how those bonuses work? Do I get them again on each new save or are they shared somehow?

You get them from your Castle's Crystal Ball Bonuses, and you can get all the items again in each new save, so there's no worry about only 1 file getting them and done

Edit: Apothecary kill animations, they do a small slide and shoot an arrow, that's cool

Top Bottom