• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

champloo

Quick question: I'm at Conquest chapter 13 and still haven't used Camilla, mainly because I've never been to fond of using pre-promoted units because they take exp from units more in need of it. When is a good time to start using her without her sponging exp?

PS: Is it just my Odin getting fucked by RNG or is him usually not good at getting magic growths? It makes me not want to use him at all, if it weren't because
I was really fond of him on Awakening and I still like him as a character
, not so much as a unit, I wouldn't even bother.

I decided to use Camilla on chapter 17 after resetting a few times on that map. Odin is more useful reclassed to a Samurai. his stats make more sense once I did that.

NeonZ

PS: Is it just my Odin getting fucked by RNG or is him usually not good at getting magic growths? It makes me not want to use him at all, if it weren't because

I turned Odin into samurai right after getting him and never looked back. He has slightly higher base strength growth than magic growth (not counting the classes' own growth added to his).

Meier

Just got the option to buy a fruit knife. Is that +10 health a one time use? Will it cause the weapon to disappear if I use it?

Where did you find this out? Is there some sort of list of every unit's internal level?

Camilla and Reina have a -5 modifier on their internal level, Leo -2, Felicia/Jakob -20 (so they get treated as an unpromoted unit)

also, if you early promote someone at level 10, they get a -5 modifier, promote at level 12 it's -4, etc. all the way to the typical level 20 promotion which gets you nothing, I'm not sure which way the game rounds if you promote at an odd level

Lynx_7

So I assume I'm probably at the point where Conquest stops fooling around and every chapter from now on is just relentless? 17 was tough, 19 was annoying, 20 was intense as hell and now 21 was also pretty hard (screw those stupid stone guys, what a pain in the ass). Paralogues have also gone up in difficulty considerably. I've only had to reset once in most of these stages
(except 19 where I got 2 late-turn deaths which broke my spirit and made me play sloppy on subsequent tries)
but they're very time consuming and exhausting. The last breather chapter I can remember was 18 and even that wasn't exactly a walk in the park.
Not that I'm complaining though, I'm just surprised by how well designed it has been so far. I thought doing a few paralogues between chapters would make me slightly overleveled but that hasn't been the case at all. Pretty rare for a game with a level-based progress to be this balanced so late in the game.

Now if only they could S Support this expertise in design with better storytelling we'd be pretty much set.

Moonlight

Banned
Conquest 23 is... urk. More honest in terms of layout and map logic, but the mixed enemy composition emerging from the forts on the right are rough. Especially when all the archers with Counter seriously limits how you can handle the wave. Really tough, especially when you stack all the Rallies on everything.

Either pray to rngsus, or reclass him into a samurai.

I'm pretty sure Odin's father is Vaike, how else would his good physical growth and subpar magic be explained?

Is it just me or is Percy such a little shit?
Doing his paralogue now and he went and killed Azura in the battle. Making him the first child unit to directly attack my team. He is willing to fight and kill even his father because he's mad he doesn't visit enough. Even sends a horde of bandits after him and innocents for no reason.
After I get him, I'm thinking about benching him and staying with Beruka just because of that. Also my Beruka has better stats even at the same level.

Doing his paralogue now and he went and killed Azura in the battle. Making him the first child unit to directly attack my team. He is willing to fight and kill even his father because he's mad he doesn't visit enough. Even sends a horde of bandits after him and innocents for no reason.
After I get him, I'm thinking about benching him and staying with Beruka just because of that. Also my Beruka has better stats even at the same level.

Don't blame them. Everybody here is a terrible parent.

If your parents threw you into an alternate dimmension where you grow almost 2 decades im a matter of weeks, and had almost no presence in ypur life, you'd also be a little shit. Fuck Percy though, how does he dare to do that.

Can anybody explain to me why some joke weapons with 1 Mt are so devastatingly powerful? Is that the joke? Can somebody just explain how exactly they work?

I have a "Paper" that "beats rock, and not much else." 1 Mt. But it is my most powerful spell.

Astral Dog

So i got my first gold prize since starting playing the games, and its a Silver Dagger, on the best lottery building.
Im not sure what was i expecting, but this was not it. :/

Dimmle

Can anybody explain to me why some joke weapons with 1 Mt are so devastatingly powerful? Is that the joke? Can somebody just explain how exactly they work?

I have a "Paper" that "beats rock, and not much else." 1 Mt. But it is my most powerful spell.
Is it terrible at a disadvantage?

So i got my first gold prize since starting playing the games, and its a Silver Dagger, on the best lottery building.
Im not sure what was i expecting, but this was not it. :/
I mean think of it as a huge hunk of cash you have to go manually get instead of just being handed a pile of gold.

but it's not anything special?

Paper-1 mt, 95 hit, 10 avoid, 10 crit avoid, +1 speed

it's pretty accurate at least

Is it terrible at a disadvantage?

but it's not anything special?

Paper-1 mt, 95 hit, 10 avoid, 10 crit avoid, +1 speed

it's pretty accurate at least

I have no idea. This is why I'm so confused. It has 1 might, so it should be a terrible weapon. But I noticed in several match ups that it was OHKOing enemies that were two hits otherwise.

I wish I had more data, but I didn't think to keep track. I was hoping somebody here would have an answer for me.

I have no idea. This is why I'm so confused. It has 1 might, so it should be a terrible weapon. But I noticed in several match ups that it was OHKOing enemies that were two hits otherwise.

I wish I had more data, but I didn't think to keep track. I was hoping somebody here would have an answer for me.

If you switch to a physical attack or use Calamity Gate on an axe/bow user (therefore going from WTA to double WTD) that might be why.

Balphon

I spent a few minutes confused at the end of Nina's paralogue before I realized I had to kill her to end it.

Conquest is clearly going to leave me in tears. I'm trying to do Paralogue 7 in Birthright at Chapter 24, and holy shit I do not see how this is even possible. I know about the Rescue trick, but after that I see zero options. Everyone dies if they face 2 units, and there are way too many enemies and your own units have such limited mobility that there's no way I can clear them all out and guarantee that everyone stays alive. It's like the game is demanding I sacrifice at least one, and possibly many units for this kid.

GamerSoul

That feel when you can only watch as ninjas toss you around attack after attack..

I like the retainers more in Conquest. They're a good mix of crazy and charm .

i played through birthright then conquest recently.
i actually had a blast and i actually enjoyed the story despite some obvious riffs. looking forward to the dlc later on (buying revelations in a couple weeks) then whatever comes next from IS!

out of curiosity (not trying to start anything here) is there a list or a website that explains everything that was cut in the localized versions of the game? i'm aware obviously of petting and the whole spiked drink support but i'd like to know about everything that was cut in these games.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Chapter 21 doesn't look too bad, until you realize every enemy has Savage Blow, and those rocks have 1-5 range. And there will probably be some annoying reinforcements.

Balphon

Chapter 21 doesn't look too bad, until you realize every enemy has Savage Blow, and those rocks have 1-5 range. And there will probably be some annoying reinforcements.

Two faceless spawn every turn, but it's not impossible to just keep killing them as you go up.

The golems with the stronger rocks have low move and can't double, so it's not that bad.

Busaiku

The rock golems in Boo Camp are the worst.
Basically ends my run there, but I still have to hang around for like 10 mire turns.

Moonlight

Banned
Don't know how anyone can finish Chapter 23 and not feel like Xander is a god. Hard pressed to imagine how you'd deal with all those Counter Archers anywhere close to as neatly without him around.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Man Path of Radiance is like $120 on Amazon for a used copy from unknown sellers.

God man.
I wouldn't sell mine for $500.

KarmaCow

I got the SE and I kinda regret starting up Birthright first. I took my time with it and now starting Conquest, I'm burnt out. Conquest chapters right off the bat seem way better designed but looking back I spent too much time worrying about Birthright character growth when going through maps.

Yagami_Sama

After a long waiting I finally got my special edition. And so far the game is looking good, but since I am just on chapter 5, and I reset a few time, I would like to ask if, is there any way to avoid
that Ryoma lose for the battle for that shadow guy ? 5 turns and he is lost the match.

rhandino

Banned
I got the SE and I kinda regret starting up Birthright first. I took my time with it and now starting Conquest, I'm burnt out. Conquest chapters right off the bat seem way better designed but looking back I spent too much time worrying about Birthright character growth when going through maps.
You could take a break, play any other game and come back after like a month.

At least thats my plan because I want to really enjoy the 3 games + DLC

Moonlight

Banned
After a long waiting I finally got my special edition. And so far the game is looking good, but since I am just on chapter 5, and I reset a few time, I would like to ask if, is there any way to avoid
that Ryoma lose for the battle for that shadow guy ? 5 turns and he is lost the match.
It's close to scripted. He's allowed to die.

Lynx_7

Yeah, I also plan on taking a break after I'm done with Conquest. I've been pretty comfortable with my current 1 chapter + 1 paralogue a day and it's pretty much all I have the time for right now, so I'll probably look into the other 2 paths whenever I have more free time to spare.

I just recruited Ophelia (currently on chapter 22) and I feel like I probably should've done it sooner, she looks like a pretty good unit. Oh well, that's what happens when your father is so mediocre you only take him out of the bench to support grind.

Yagami_Sama

It's not scripted, he can actually defeat the boss. But he's suppose to lose normally.

On 5 attempts he always lose the battle. And was always the same , on the enemy turn he take a hit and on his next turn, is the "final blow"

Myabe playing on hard / lunatic help he lose the match...

CazTGG

i played through birthright then conquest recently.
i actually had a blast and i actually enjoyed the story despite some obvious riffs. looking forward to the dlc later on (buying revelations in a couple weeks) then whatever comes next from IS!

out of curiosity (not trying to start anything here) is there a list or a website that explains everything that was cut in the localized versions of the game? i'm aware obviously of petting and the whole spiked drink support but i'd like to know about everything that was cut in these games.

The changes made to the game were the petting minigame being altered so that one can wake up their spouse along with some minor alterations to certain supports (Beruka and Saizo's C support being ...s, Soleil and Corrin's whole support being consensual and lacking a magical drug but still resembling gay conversion therapy) and story dialogue (most notably Izana's being more joke-y than usual and how "the Wind Tribe must hate Nohr. Or women. Or Nohrian women"). Whether or not these changes are good is a matter of opinion but if you're looking for a website in regards to the changes, you can find a good amount of posts detailing changes of all sorts for Fates right here.

I still think the Saizo X Baruka supports is a glitch.

Saizo isn't really the quite type and support B sounds like they are discussing further on what should've been support C.
Also the facial expression seem weird.

I think so as well, which is why i'm surprised it has yet to be changed via patch. It seems like a placeholder given how the conversation plays out in almost the exact similar as the Japanese version does.

Saizo isn't really the quite type and support B sounds like they are discussing further on what should've been support C.

So is there somewhere where I can listen to Nohr's rendition of Lost in Thoughts All Alone, namely the one in chapter 14 without Garons of increasing discomfort? Wanna listen to it
and put it on my iphone.

Given that Nintendo has not yet patched it, I'm beginning to assume it's 100% intentional much to my chargin.

Edit: Double post. My bad.

Given that Nintendo has not yet patched it, I'm beginning to assume it's 100% intentional much to my chargin.

Edit: Double post. My bad.
I don't think they'll patch a game for one support conversation. Perhaps it is meant to be this way

Did Fire emblem awakening ever get patch for anything?

I get what joke they were going for with the Saizo/Beruka support, but in addition to not being funny it doesn't really suit Saizo at all. He's supposed to be the hot-blooded of the red/green archetypes, and he's not one of the characters I'd think of when being silent. Hell, his dry sarcasm in his C support with Orochi made him one of my favorite characters, and that's the polar opposite of the silent assassin.

Top Bottom